Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Get Cheaper Hepatitis C Treatment In Malaysia, Generic Harvoni With High Cure Rate

views

TSdtdw
post Mar 16 2016, 11:11 PM

Casual
425 posts

The lab test takes 1 whole month to process, which is very frustrating for us because that means we might need to take another course of 12 weeks and that means more money spent.

Thankfully, the result came in positive. The doc suggest to extend it even though the result is postive due to cirrosis and added ribaravin in there. I'm not very sure, but that itself adds some more complication in the already complicated matter.

I'll post the data tommorow when I get the chance. This has been a long journey.

@kaikeri :
That was what happened to my dad too. Blood transfusion. Sidenote, there might have been some issue with imports from bangladesh due to some war on terror (that's what i saw on fixhepc). Hopefully our country hasnt ban imports yet, as I might need to order another set.
fisasifa
post Mar 22 2016, 06:23 PM

1 posts

Hello,
Twinvir can be send through courier to Malaysia. For detail contact either Asif Mostafa at amostafa@inceptapharma.com or Alimul Razi at alimul@inceptapharma.com

Thanks
TSdtdw
post Mar 23 2016, 10:14 PM

Casual
425 posts

Suprised to see a rep signed up at a Malaysian forum. I've dealt with Alimul Razi for the first time and just ordered a 2nd batch of meds (reason below). So I can confirm he's a trustworthy guy if you're buying Twinvir from Incepta pharma. I have no affiliation with them. You don't have to take my word alone for it, since they are one of the top recommended companies in fixhepc.com

Been delaying this so much but here it is:

Before:
user posted image

After:
user posted image

Why it takes so long for one test to another, I am not sure. IMO test should be done every 2 weeks, which is what most Australians will do. As long as the insurance is covering it, the hospital also shouldn't delay it. I cropped out the portion where the date is present, and it actually is 2 weeks, but the doc/hospital said it takes one month for the result to come back to them. This to me means our healthcare is lacking in many ways (maybe a doc wanna come in and correct me and explain why they do things so slow?).

Anyway, as I've mentioned, the result came in and it shows <15 IU/mL and there's still roughly 20+ days of supply left. But idk why, the doc suggested to take another 12 weeks to ensure it is completely cured. Of course, they look at many things to make their best-guessed-judgement, since IMO he doesn't have alot of patients undergoing such treatment and my dad /might/ be his first patient, so of course my dad is like a lab rat lah frankly speaking. I don't even see Riba being recommended for 1a cirrosis in fixhepc also, but the doc prescribe him that. Obviously, my dad bought it but decided not to take it because it's a doc's best-guessed-judgement and not a 100% judgement. But the new batch is bought anyway, and I'm so thankful that we have got support from churches. 10k is alot of money to fork out, YMMV, but if you don't have past treatment, is not in one of those genotype that's /harder/ to cure, and no cirrosis, even 8 weeks is doable from what I've read in fixhepc.

To all considering and undergoing treatment: HWAITING ! flex.gif

TSdtdw
post Mar 25 2016, 11:07 AM

Casual
425 posts

//

This post has been edited by dtdw: Jan 3 2018, 10:58 AM
CyberSetan
post Mar 26 2016, 11:50 PM

-KNowLEdGe BRiNGs FEaR-
2,481 posts

This has caught my attention....
Twinvir eh?
TSdtdw
post Mar 27 2016, 05:06 PM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(CyberSetan @ Mar 26 2016, 11:50 PM)
This has caught my attention....
Twinvir eh?
Yep, Twinvir. There's of course the cheaper ones from India, but is way riskier from what I have read and that's why I don't wanna go that route. So it's only recommended for people who really can't afford the extra cost.

On the other hand, if a patient is G3, which according to statistics is the majority in our country, the meds are already very cheap.

Quote from http://fixhepc.com/getting-treated/genotyp...-treaments.html :

"For genotype 3 Sofosbuvir + Ribavirin OR Sofosbuvir + Daclatasvir +/- Ribavirin"

Darvoni product name by Beacon Pharma, Sof+Dac, is $700 +/- More info here: http://fixhepc.com/forum/daa-access/439-be...o.html?start=15

*not a medical advice, please seek doctor's prescription.
TSdtdw
post Mar 28 2016, 12:26 PM

Casual
425 posts

So... the new batch arrived. Pretty fast service, and the DHL guy's face was curious why I ship item from this location also, lol. I see him all the time for iherb stuffs.

user posted image

Will be back for another report and see you in another 3 months time. I've yet to find out what exactly is the cost for blood test for viral load count and liver profile. Pretty sure we wont be doing the test so soon anymore because insurance coverage is over.

At the meantime, I'll continue to post about anything hep c related news when i come across them.
beaconbdd
post Apr 7 2016, 08:56 PM

1 posts

https://www.facebook.com/darvoni.beacon/
http://www.darvoni.com/

For cheaper Hepatitis C products.
TSdtdw
post May 31 2016, 08:17 PM

Casual
425 posts

Just an update, nothing groundbreaking for the majority, news about cheaper cure that Malaysia is launching.

Turns out, its actually for genotype 4 http://www.worldhepatitisalliance.org/late...is-c-genotype-4

For anyone with g4, this is good news indeed, if you have time wait that is. But as noted the majority of fellow Malaysians are type 1 and 3.

This post has been edited by dtdw: Jan 3 2018, 11:01 AM
Ramjade
post May 31 2016, 08:35 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

dtdw
user posted image

Taken from Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy Modern Herbal Medicine 2nd edition.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: May 31 2016, 08:36 PM
TSdtdw
post Aug 25 2016, 05:13 PM

Casual
425 posts

Ok. I just realized that I didnt update the latest or rather final report here. As I have mentioned it was already at a very low level of virus so there isn't much "surprise" there, cuz you know, its almost unlikely to go south.

So yes, he is cured ! I will try to find out where that piece of paper went.

Thank you for reading and also some supporters along the way. I receive PM from readers from time to time (at least when this post was up months ago) and I was pretty sure something went wrong somewhere and I stopped receiving them lately (my guess is still the forum's fault because it has terrible reach on google).

That said, if you still have questions which I have not covered you can post it here or PM me.
TSdtdw
post Nov 17 2016, 11:46 AM

Casual
425 posts

BIG updates. Firstly, my dad went for a re-checkup direct to the lab, and the results are good. Virus N/A (okay the medical term is probably not called n/a) !

Secondly, I received a msg from Alimul @ Incepta that they are carrying a new generic version of Epclusa called Panovir. Panovir is @ USD 1100 slightly higher than twinvir.

Didn't wanna quote gilead here but http://www.gilead.com/news/press-releases/...nic-hepatitis-c

Basically, the gist of it says it treats all ranges. I haven't done deep research on this yet, but that means less headache for everyone.

This post has been edited by dtdw: Nov 17 2016, 02:17 PM
oyching88
post Nov 22 2016, 06:46 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(dtdw @ Mar 23 2016, 10:14 PM)
Suprised to see a rep signed up at a Malaysian forum. I've dealt with Alimul Razi for the first time and just ordered a 2nd batch of meds (reason below). So I can confirm he's a trustworthy guy if you're buying Twinvir from Incepta pharma. I have no affiliation with them. You don't have to take my word alone for it, since they are one of the top recommended companies in fixhepc.com

Been delaying this so much but here it is:

Before:
user posted image

After:
user posted image

Why it takes so long for one test to another, I am not sure. IMO test should be done every 2 weeks, which is what most Australians will do. As long as the insurance is covering it, the hospital also shouldn't delay it. I cropped out the portion where the date is present, and it actually is 2 weeks, but the doc/hospital said it takes one month for the result to come back to them. This to me means our healthcare is lacking in many ways (maybe a doc wanna come in and correct me and explain why they do things so slow?).

Anyway, as I've mentioned, the result came in and it shows <15 IU/mL and there's still roughly 20+ days of supply left. But idk why, the doc suggested to take another 12 weeks to ensure it is completely cured. Of course, they look at many things to make their best-guessed-judgement, since IMO he doesn't have alot of patients undergoing such treatment and my dad /might/ be his first patient, so of course my dad is like a lab rat lah frankly speaking. I don't even see Riba being recommended for 1a cirrosis in fixhepc also, but the doc prescribe him that. Obviously, my dad bought it but decided not to take it because it's a doc's best-guessed-judgement and not a 100% judgement. But the new batch is bought anyway, and I'm so thankful that we have got support from churches. 10k is alot of money to fork out, YMMV, but if you don't have past treatment, is not in one of those genotype that's /harder/ to cure, and no cirrosis, even 8 weeks is doable from what I've read in fixhepc.

To all considering and undergoing treatment: HWAITING !  flex.gif
It depends on which lab you go & what type of test you do.
Normal blood serum for Renal or Liver Function test can be done fast within few hours. When you go to immunoassay test, it takes more time up to days to complete, and another confirmation test need to be done using another method to confirm the results are "REAL & accurate".
When you further to viral load genome typing test, it takes longer time.

The lab you went is using my company analyzers rclxms.gif

ps: since your dad is recovered, you have to jaga his liver well as the liver was infected and will be weaker. You can't feel any pain or discomfort when your liver is damaged. When you realize time, it's already severe. Supplements like Milk Thistle is good for protecting the liver.
TSdtdw
post Dec 2 2016, 09:57 AM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(oyching88 @ Nov 22 2016, 06:46 PM)
It depends on which lab you go & what type of test you do.
Normal blood serum for Renal or Liver Function test can be done fast within few hours. When you go to immunoassay test, it takes more time up to days to complete, and another confirmation test need to be done using another method to confirm the results are "REAL & accurate".
When you further to viral load genome typing test, it takes longer time.

The lab you went is using my company analyzers rclxms.gif

ps: since your dad is recovered, you have to jaga his liver well as the liver was infected and will be weaker. You can't feel any pain or discomfort when your liver is damaged. When you realize time, it's already severe. Supplements like Milk Thistle is good for protecting the liver.
Thanks for your confirmation. I guess we're just a little too anxious that time. I'll look up into supplements and proper care. smile.gif
TSdtdw
post Dec 7 2016, 01:56 PM

Casual
425 posts

Latest news from what you can expect for a local treatment. Okay i'm quite late, but now there's slightly more info on what our healthcare is doing.

Firstly, genotype 4 patients can rejoice, if you're willing to wait a little longer, maybe 18-24 months (that's long, very), you can have it as low as 300$.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016...on-of-the-cost/

It's called ravidasvir+sofosbuvir, when combined, no name yet, is said to have 100% cure rate (ok, there's no such thing as 100%, but whatever)

BUT, genotype 4 is very minimal in our country, and the most recent abstract at 2015, [Neither genotype 4 nor 5 was detected]
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26063029

None! And a dated one says it's at 1%.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4670951/

This post has been edited by dtdw: Jan 3 2018, 11:03 AM
phoenix45
post Dec 13 2016, 01:52 PM

4 posts

I am a 70-year old Malaysian who has Hepatitis C and was treated on "Ribavirin" and "Interferon" for 6 months (5/2/15-14/7/15).

After 6 months,the SVR showed that it failed.

Now my doctor advised me to go to India to buy the new drug Sofosbuvir. For health reasons I'm unable to go there. I'd like to buy it online from Incepta Pharmaceutical in Bangladesh.

Please advise me on the procedure and documents.

Thank you in advance.
TSdtdw
post Dec 15 2016, 12:05 PM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(phoenix45 @ Dec 13 2016, 01:52 PM)
I am a 70-year old Malaysian who has Hepatitis C and was treated on "Ribavirin" and "Interferon" for 6 months (5/2/15-14/7/15).

Now my doctor advised me to go to India to buy the new drug Sofosbuvir. For health reasons I'm unable to go there. I'd like to buy it online from Incepta Pharmaceutical in Bangladesh.

Thank you in advance.
I have a PM regarding this from another person. Don't know how i missed this post. sad.gif

The first thing is, to understand which genotype a patient is. This is important in order for the correct translation of the generic medicine.

Since you are suggested a Sofosbuvir, it generally means that you need to pair it with another generic (not a qualified opinion, but it is based on my own research using fixhepc.com). For my dad's case, when combined with ledipasvir, the branded name is Harvoni. We didn't take harvoni (since it's over 80k USD), instead we took the generic version of it Twinvir

Most of the details was actually posted on the first thread as well as in subsequent post updates. But i'll list it out again for everyone to see.

Step by step:
1. Get a doctor's prescription.

2. Contact Alimul Razi From Incepta Pharmaceutical and ask for the details.
a. His account name
b. The current price in USD.
c. Take out cash after converting USD to RM.

3. Go to one of your nearest western union branch and fill up a form.
a. One of the officer's name
b. Transfer in RM, after the counter convert the current exchange rate.
c. Get the receipt of transaction.

4. Email/Whatsapp Alimul the following
a. Your doctor's prescription
b. Your passport
c. Your receipt taken from western union.
d. Where you want the parcel to ship to.

5. Wait for Alimul to reply a tracking number.

6. Track the parcel on it's arrival. Sign and receive the package.

This post has been edited by dtdw: Dec 18 2016, 09:10 AM
phoenix45
post Dec 16 2016, 07:41 PM

4 posts

Thank you very much for your information dtdw.
TSdtdw
post Dec 18 2016, 09:02 AM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(phoenix45 @ Dec 16 2016, 07:41 PM)
Thank you very much for your information dtdw.
Glad to be of help biggrin.gif

Just a reminder, please make very sure of your own research on this subject matter of genotype and it's appropriate medication. I seem to repeat myself on this alot, but I still need to stress this as a first rule advice because not many people know the amount of genotype and it's complication. The wrong combination or lack of it, will reduce the cure rate.

I am not qualified for an answer as to which exact combination is needed on top of sofosbuvir. Some doctors do not have the knowledge as to this subject matter as well.

I don't feel like doubting your doctor, but to recommend only sofosbuvir seem like a mistake to me, as what i have been told it needs to be with one other generic to make up the higher chance of cure rate.

If you can, I would suggest to register in http://fixhepc.com/forum.html and ask for a better opinion. There will be a doctor (Dr James Freeman) that is qualified to give a better opinion. In fact I asked them a few missing bits of info (which our doctor doesn't have) before i managed to source out the necessary information for my dad.

Wish you all the best in your journey to recovery smile.gif

This post has been edited by dtdw: Dec 18 2016, 09:15 AM
Ramjade
post Dec 18 2016, 10:05 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(phoenix45 @ Dec 13 2016, 01:52 PM)

Thank you in advance.
Alternatively you could go this route. Save yourself few k(s) It's a case report of a real person.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0298sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:00 AM