Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

58 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Scope International / ITSC@Standard Chartered Grp, culture / enviroment / prospect

views

bumz
post Dec 11 2006, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Akimoto Shun @ Dec 11 2006, 11:13 PM)
ya... wat is the penalty actually?... how much is it?... do u know it?... 

I really need to say "warr!" doh.gif ... Although I expect long time working hours for IT job.... but i din't expect it to be everyday.... haha...mayb i m too 'fresh'!... then, is there actually personal time ??? ya... does this situation happen from day 1??? or after sometime of working...

Then, how often actually will the salary increase since it is so suffering!!??  blink.gif

mIssfROGY, can i ask?... what actually did u learn here?... Is it a lot and the suffering is quite worth it... or is it totally "crap" and believe that there is other places that can provide better starting point for fresh graduate to work and learn at the same time...
From what I heard, it's almost half a year salary... don't even think of cabut.
deodorant
post Dec 12 2006, 12:35 AM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

Hmm, I thought the Crystal Plaza place was ISCM only? o.o

You didn't really give specifics so i'm assuming you got offered a job with IT365? That company is basically just tech support. ISCM is more for systems development and programming.

Anyway if ISCM I'd say go, IT365 I'd say don't go. Call centre is =_=; and you don't learn anything useful. I mean ... you'd learn how to trouble shoot a bunch of proprietary systems that are used in Stanchart and nowhere else ... and 2 year contract? zzzzzz.

On the other hand, the PJ office got quite a lot of hot chinese chicks biggrin.gif
TSAkimoto Shun
post Dec 12 2006, 01:02 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Dec 12 2006, 12:35 AM)

You didn't really give specifics so i'm assuming you got offered a job with IT365? That company is basically just tech support. ISCM is more for systems development and programming.

Anyway if ISCM I'd say go, IT365 I'd say don't go. Call centre is =_=; and you don't learn anything useful. I mean ... you'd learn how to trouble shoot a bunch of proprietary systems that are used in Stanchart and nowhere else ... and 2 year contract? zzzzzz.

On the other hand, the PJ office got quite a lot of hot chinese chicks biggrin.gif
I dunno what the PJ branch call... coz havnt started yet.... but there is where i am offered a job and gone for interview...

If so, is it still so horrible as our fren b4 said so... ?
deodorant
post Dec 12 2006, 09:11 AM

5,691 posts

I work in the TPM office, in banking ops, so I really wouldn't know how good/bad the working conditions are over in the PJ side (which is purely IT).

"Horrible" is pretty relative, though ... I mean, I work 10-11hours a day, which seems horrible, but then I also have friends in CIMB and E&Y who have lunch AND dinner at the office every day ...
darun
post Dec 12 2006, 05:18 PM

Enthusiast
978 posts

Looks like you'll be situated in Menara Axis, got some friends in there, some in support, some in project development. For support it should be a very nice job as unlike development you dont have a deadline, but from time to time you'll need to be on call. But since you're a fresh grad, I doubt they expect you to fix all problems, most likely as a first level support and forward more complex problems to seniors or to the developers. Scope as a company has a lot of benefits compared to other sdn bhd out there since its actually part of stan chart bank, you'll get all the employee benefits as well like lower loan rates. Your probability of getting bonus is good as well unlike a lot of chinamen companies. I'd say its a good place to learn and network for a fresh grad.
am_eniey
post Dec 12 2006, 07:04 PM

✿✿✿✿✿
3,314 posts

scope international also has several offshore jobs
olman
post Dec 12 2006, 07:05 PM

Regular
1,982 posts

QUOTE(am_eniey @ Dec 12 2006, 07:04 PM)
scope international also has several offshore jobs
u mean the one in lahad datu?
am_eniey
post Dec 12 2006, 07:31 PM

✿✿✿✿✿
3,314 posts

nope....in the oil and gas sector
wongzai
post Dec 12 2006, 07:41 PM

Enthusiast
779 posts

QUOTE(am_eniey @ Dec 12 2006, 07:31 PM)
nope....in the oil and gas sector
?...scope involved in both sector oso?
bumz
post Dec 12 2006, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(darun @ Dec 12 2006, 05:18 PM)
Looks like you'll be situated in Menara Axis, got some friends in there, some in support, some in project development.  For support it should be a very nice job as unlike development you dont have a deadline, but from time to time you'll need to be on call.  But since you're a fresh grad, I doubt they expect you to fix all problems, most likely as a first level support and forward more complex problems to seniors or to the developers.  Scope as a company has a lot of benefits compared to other sdn bhd out there since its actually part of stan chart bank, you'll get all the employee benefits as well like lower loan rates.  Your probability of getting bonus is good as well unlike a lot of chinamen companies.  I'd say its a good place to learn and network for a fresh grad.
Support is worst than development. I ask 5 of my friends there, 100% will agree. During support, you are basically Rambo at night. If the program KO, and you make mistake, it will cost the bank alot of $$$$. Also the next day when they do post mortem, you will be in spotlight. According to them, they always ask who is interested to do support, almost everyone will start running away. He also very kesian, cos he doing support, user always will call support and hentam kaw kaw...
deodorant
post Dec 12 2006, 11:15 PM

5,691 posts

QUOTE(bumz @ Dec 12 2006, 08:34 PM)
Support is worst than development.
I think I will agree, not just in Scope but in all other IT firms.

I dunno, maybe it's cos I worked 3 year part-time while studying as Unix helpdesk ... made me totally and utterly hate anything to do with customer support/helpdesk/etc.
bumz
post Dec 13 2006, 08:14 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Dec 12 2006, 11:15 PM)
I think I will agree, not just in Scope but in all other IT firms.

I dunno, maybe it's cos I worked 3 year part-time while studying as Unix helpdesk ... made me totally and utterly hate anything to do with customer support/helpdesk/etc.
Actually its quite simple. In development, if the project is a success, you will get all the glory and praises.

But in support, if you solve a problem, most likely you will not get any glory because the nature of the work is a problem to be solved...

I've seen before, although development sometimes got deadline, support also got deadline to solve a problem. But in development you have a team to back you up, support you need to be more independant.
darun
post Dec 13 2006, 11:06 AM

Enthusiast
978 posts

QUOTE(bumz @ Dec 12 2006, 08:34 PM)
Support is worst than development. I ask 5 of my friends there, 100% will agree. During support, you are basically Rambo at night. If the program KO, and you make mistake, it will cost the bank alot of $$$$. Also the next day when they do post mortem, you will be in spotlight. According to them, they always ask who is interested to do support, almost everyone will start running away. He also very kesian, cos he doing support, user always will call support and hentam kaw kaw...
Sounds totally different then what my friend is telling me, she's supporting their internet/mobile banking application and most of the time she doesnt have anyting much to do. They rotate on call according to her. Any serious problems that she cannot fix she will forward to the developers/vendors and she is not even a fresh grad but an intermediate level.

By the way, this is software support, not technical/hardware/system support. 2 very different things. Perhaps the poster should enlighten us on which type of support he/she is actually interviewing.
bumz
post Dec 13 2006, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(darun @ Dec 13 2006, 11:06 AM)
Sounds totally different then what my friend is telling me, she's supporting their internet/mobile banking application and most of the time she doesnt have anyting much to do.  They rotate on call according to her.  Any serious problems that she cannot fix she will forward to the developers/vendors and she is not even a fresh grad but an intermediate level. 

By the way, this is software support, not technical/hardware/system support.  2 very different things.  Perhaps the poster should enlighten us on which type of support he/she is actually interviewing.
Ya its two different things. If it is mainframe support, it's totally different story. I think poster should specify if he is mainframe or non-mainframe support.
marshies
post Dec 13 2006, 08:58 PM

2 posts

hello..im a newbie here..came across of this topic recently..
i hv just joined scope (pj branch) for 1 month plus. so far everything has been good.
Jackieboy
post Dec 13 2006, 09:18 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

marshies, u male or female?
marshies
post Dec 13 2006, 09:26 PM

2 posts

female.
jackieboy, are u with scope too?
mIssfROGY
post Dec 13 2006, 11:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,155 posts

QUOTE(bumz @ Dec 11 2006, 12:55 AM)
Miss Frogy, you were in ccms?
AHhahaha.....no...
mIssfROGY
post Dec 13 2006, 11:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,155 posts

QUOTE(Akimoto Shun @ Dec 11 2006, 11:13 PM)
ya... wat is the penalty actually?... how much is it?... do u know it?... 

I really need to say "warr!" doh.gif ... Although I expect long time working hours for IT job.... but i din't expect it to be everyday.... haha...mayb i m too 'fresh'!... then, is there actually personal time ??? ya... does this situation happen from day 1??? or after sometime of working...

Then, how often actually will the salary increase since it is so suffering!!??  blink.gif

mIssfROGY, can i ask?... what actually did u learn here?... Is it a lot and the suffering is quite worth it... or is it totally "crap" and believe that there is other places that can provide better starting point for fresh graduate to work and learn at the same time...
I really dunno about your penalty becoz my contract is not same as yours smile.gif
But one thing is...i learn more things there in 3 months than i did in 1 year..hohooh!
mIssfROGY
post Dec 13 2006, 11:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,155 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Dec 12 2006, 12:35 AM)

i know the receptionist quite chun chic....
then another one is this aged manager.....but she looks dem hot too!! wub.gif

58 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0240sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:51 AM