Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

58 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Scope International / ITSC@Standard Chartered Grp, culture / enviroment / prospect

views

TSAkimoto Shun
post Dec 8 2006, 06:23 AM, updated 18y ago

Getting Started
99 posts

I am offered a job as a fresh grad entry level programmer in this company. Is there anybody around who has been/currently working in this company who can share their experience here?...

really hope to know whether there will be a good prospect here... unsure.gif
YapChinHoong
post Dec 8 2006, 08:34 AM

Cisco Fanatic!
663 posts

If fresh grads, chinaman companies also must go in what. laugh.gif
ParaOpticaL
post Dec 8 2006, 08:55 AM

Planter - Durian, Jackfruit, Papaya
2,348 posts

QUOTE(Akimoto Shun @ Dec 8 2006, 06:23 AM)
I am offered a job as a fresh grad entry level programmer in this company.  Is there anybody around who has been/currently working in this company who can share their experience here?...

really hope to know whether there will be a good prospect here...  unsure.gif
if you are working @ Technology Park Bkt Jalil @ Scope then dont waste your time there. the working environment sucks

i have a personal friend in there. just waiting for the bonus before cabuting... tongue.gif
TSAkimoto Shun
post Dec 8 2006, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

I am working near Asia Jaya@PJ... IT Support Center for the Asia Region...

Anybody more who can share their experience... feel like dropping into a danger zone...
mi_kit49
post Dec 8 2006, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

laugh.gif
i just went for interview at Scope International on last Saturday.
As a fresh graduate without experience, don't be choosy
ParaOpticaL
post Dec 8 2006, 01:07 PM

Planter - Durian, Jackfruit, Papaya
2,348 posts

QUOTE(mi_kit49 @ Dec 8 2006, 12:50 PM)
laugh.gif
i just went for interview at Scope International on last Saturday.
As a fresh graduate without experience, don't be choosy
not necessary. since you are going for interview go to a few more before deciding. there is always choices.
wongzai
post Dec 8 2006, 02:40 PM

Enthusiast
779 posts

first of all, is the offer job meet "what" u looking?
then package ok?...but since u r a fresh....so what u want at first , that ur personal point la.....if ngam then juz grab it la..not wat u wan then juz look for other, u still so young....many thing and many time for u to learn....
TSAkimoto Shun
post Dec 8 2006, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

I actually applied this job bcoz I am thinking that since it is a IT support centre that support almoz half the world, I would hav better chance to get expose to more new technologies... more programming skills... more mainframe... or.... jz more lar...

As a fresh graduate, I am offered rm2k, they said it is standard for all freshie in their company... is it ok in this industry for a newbie?...

But I know anyther company that offer rm2200, but the company is smaller ( i think so ), i m worried that in the future, I will get limited to a few skills only... Does my thinking make sense?...

mIssfROGY
post Dec 8 2006, 10:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,155 posts

its oki la....support work and since u freshie, better start sumwer
but my life in scope had been a nitemare...horror story, but it was becoz of the project i was involved in, else its alrite ler. Since u r in support, life will be ok ler....furthermore, working environment not bad, people are nice and all...
TSAkimoto Shun
post Dec 8 2006, 11:23 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

mIssfROGY, u worked b4 in scope@pj?

but this job come wif a 2 year contract... jz hope to consider properly and not to regret afterward...
billytong
post Dec 9 2006, 10:21 AM

Lord Sauron
4,522 posts

How about this, get inside and try out the environment first. You can cabut 24 hour b4 you sign that confirm letter which lock you for 2 yrs contract.

At least you have something great to write in your resume for your next job if you dont like the current one. "Oh man, I worked in scope International, subsidiary of StardardCharted !"
bumz
post Dec 10 2006, 12:40 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Akimoto Shun @ Dec 8 2006, 11:23 PM)

but this job come wif a 2 year contract... jz hope to consider properly and not to regret afterward...
Better make up your mind before signing 2 years contract. Some of my friends say its a living nightmare in there. Come to work at 9am, leave at 8pm, do offsite support from 10pm to 6am, and go to work again at 9am. I really kesian see my friend like that.. work so much until he sick. Worst of all, he's tied for two years. Also remember you will be servicing other countries and they expect results and response. No Malaysian attitude "today apa", "tomolo do lah", "sien lar" kind of attitude. They will tembak you kaw kaw if they see this attitude.

Depends lar, if young and heavy duty no problem, a very good place to pick up knowledge. But if you hope to go back before 7pm everyday, look somewhere else.
bumz
post Dec 10 2006, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

Prospect according to my mates is very very very good. But prepare to work your ass off and absorb knowledge like a sponge, else they will hand your ass back to you. According to them, some depts are even more hardcode and gila than citibank.. so you get the picture lar..
bumz
post Dec 10 2006, 12:52 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

I just called my friend to yam cha tomolo. He say can't cos he went back office today, and has to go back office tomolo also... shocking.gif
billytong
post Dec 10 2006, 01:07 AM

Lord Sauron
4,522 posts

Dear dude, why dont you post your stuff in 1 single post? Are trying to rapidly increase your post count?
finkl1
post Dec 10 2006, 01:37 AM

Casual
379 posts

The receptionist at Phase 1 is my chic...dun pray pray...hahaha...

Wish good morning to Siew Ping for me...
Please smile and greet her a very good morning.
mIssfROGY
post Dec 10 2006, 11:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,155 posts

QUOTE(Akimoto Shun @ Dec 8 2006, 11:23 PM)

yeap, its a 2 yers contract, goto be prepared coz u will be tied down. And yups...me worked in pj branch. Dunno about other projects, but the one that i was in, 8pm, its DEM EARLY, 11pm is just nice but better stay if u can still work. I worked be4 20hours straight (few times) and still gotto go back to work few hours later, 5 weeks non-stop no sat n sun off...and u name it i have done it. And yes, its definately worse than citibank manz....gawd it made citibank a heaven to work in compared to this place. (but again, it really depends on the proj you are workin on, my proj was the only one like this at that time) btw, oredi 4 team members left this proj so far....as in quit the bank)
bumz
post Dec 11 2006, 12:55 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(mIssfROGY @ Dec 10 2006, 11:55 PM)
yeap, its a 2 yers contract, goto be prepared coz u will be tied down. And yups...me worked in pj branch. Dunno about other projects, but the one that i was in, 8pm, its DEM EARLY, 11pm is just nice but better stay if u can still work. I worked be4 20hours straight (few times) and still gotto go back to work few hours later, 5 weeks non-stop no sat n sun off...and u name it i have done it. And yes, its definately worse than citibank manz....gawd it made citibank a heaven to work in compared to this place. (but again, it really depends on the proj you are workin on, my proj was the only one like this at that time) btw, oredi 4 team members left this proj so far....as in quit the bank)
Miss Frogy, you were in ccms?
TSAkimoto Shun
post Dec 11 2006, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(mIssfROGY @ Dec 10 2006, 11:55 PM)
ya... wat is the penalty actually?... how much is it?... do u know it?...

I really need to say "warr!" doh.gif ... Although I expect long time working hours for IT job.... but i din't expect it to be everyday.... haha...mayb i m too 'fresh'!... then, is there actually personal time ??? ya... does this situation happen from day 1??? or after sometime of working...

Then, how often actually will the salary increase since it is so suffering!!?? blink.gif

mIssfROGY, can i ask?... what actually did u learn here?... Is it a lot and the suffering is quite worth it... or is it totally "crap" and believe that there is other places that can provide better starting point for fresh graduate to work and learn at the same time...
TSAkimoto Shun
post Dec 11 2006, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(billytong @ Dec 9 2006, 10:21 AM)
How about this, get inside and try out the environment first. You can cabut 24 hour b4 you sign that confirm letter which lock you for 2 yrs contract.

At least you have something great to write in your resume for your next  job if you dont like the current one. "Oh man, I worked in scope International, subsidiary of StardardCharted !"
cabut lio still can write so ???!!!

In fact, I am really given 24 hrs to try first b4 signing the confirm letter???...

58 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:27 PM