44 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fundsupermart Singapore, Let's have a separate thread

views

TSdasecret
post Oct 28 2015, 01:34 AM, updated 3y ago

Regular
1,498 posts

For any general unit trust questions such as the ever popular distribution and cheaper to buy after dividends please read or discuss at the FSM MY thread whistling.gif
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3730638

For account opening FAQs - https://secure.fundsupermart.com/main/acl/r...terAccount1.tpl

For Singapore bank account opening - https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...aving+singapore

I'm hoping we can discuss unit trusts available on FSM SG, or other products on FSM such as retail bonds

"Great to hear that, I also received PM as well from forummer asking about FSM SG.
My favorite Asia ex japan fund goes to First State Dividen Advantage which give me quite decent of return IRR @ 13.08% for more than 2 and half years. But still lose abit to my Ponzi 2.0 performance la.. tongue.gif
https://secure.fundsupermart.com/main/fundi...olnumber=FSDVAD

Or you might start a thread focus about FSM SG and do not mix with long go version here, later make ppl lagi pening kepala."

I'm really bad at this... so please forgive me as the lousiest thread starter ever sweat.gif

I started with Dividend Advantage too... since it looked like Ponzi 2.0. But I guess I started at the wrong time, in March when India and China was at its highest... so until now I'm only breaking even...

FSM SG's bond funds are not as predictable as the msia's also, the short term SGD bond funds can lose money rclxub.gif

And with the limited funds I have, I didn't construct a proper portfolio seeing how high the mature markets are already... but that also means it's not diversified

So boss.... what is your core portfolio? I tried looking at sui jau's, it makes me more rclxub.gif

notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by dasecret: Oct 28 2015, 10:21 AM
eleven dragon
post Oct 28 2015, 01:41 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

oh.. so i reporting in first =D

And again, back to my question last night, which i think it was unanswered yet...

"Hmm... sound interesting. Any idea that we as Malaysian, can invest via FSM sg too?
Need to open an account there? Is it troublesome?
Which bank do you feel that it is user-friendly for online banking? *in Sg i mean...

Kindly enlighten, thanks "

This post has been edited by eleven dragon: Oct 28 2015, 01:42 AM
TSdasecret
post Oct 28 2015, 02:31 AM

Regular
1,498 posts

QUOTE(eleven dragon @ Oct 28 2015, 01:41 AM)
oh.. so i reporting in first =D

And again, back to my question last night, which i think it was unanswered yet...

"Hmm... sound interesting. Any idea that we as Malaysian, can invest via FSM sg too?
Need to open an account there? Is it troublesome?
Which bank do you feel that it is user-friendly for online banking?  *in Sg i mean...
Kindly enlighten, thanks "
Sure, FSM has no restrictions in foreigners investing other than US citizens due to US laws. So be it SG or MY non-citizens can invest. For Malaysians, just need to post a form and go thru normal phone verification

Bank wise are you referring to opening a SG bank account? That can be a lot more tricky and there's another thread about it. But you do have the option of TT direct to FSM SG instead of maintaining a SG bank account. But I'm not sure what happens when u want to sell from FSM

repusez
post Oct 28 2015, 09:07 AM

On my way
669 posts

hi
can we scan and email FSM SG form ?
how do you normally deposit money for your FSM SG account ?TT via which bank ?
TSdasecret
post Oct 28 2015, 09:35 AM

Regular
1,498 posts

QUOTE(repusez @ Oct 28 2015, 09:07 AM)
hi
I remember it has to be posted. But I could be wrong

I have a SG bank account but I'm pretty sure any malaysian bank can TT to Singapore
ShinG3e
post Oct 28 2015, 10:35 AM

o0o
1,494 posts

QUOTE(repusez @ Oct 28 2015, 09:07 AM)
hi
QUOTE(dasecret @ Oct 28 2015, 09:35 AM)

I have a SG bank account but I'm pretty sure any malaysian bank can TT to Singapore
must be posted.

they will furnish you the TT instruction upon request. usually what i did was to TT for cash fund first then slowly pick my SG UT. biggrin.gif

SUSPink Spider
post Oct 28 2015, 12:29 PM

Formerly known as Prince_Hamsap
16,872 posts

QUOTE(dasecret @ Oct 28 2015, 09:35 AM)

If u TT every purchase, TT charges will eat into your profits

Better TT lump sum into cash fund and park it there
TSdasecret
post Oct 28 2015, 01:19 PM

Regular
1,498 posts

QUOTE(Pink Spider @ Oct 28 2015, 12:29 PM)

Absolutely...
Do note that the cash fund return is 0.5% per annum... still a lot more superior than most SGD FDs offered in Msia at 0.2% per annum
And SGD short term bond fund return is 1.7% per annum

The game is very different in FSM SG and I'm still paying my tuition fees cry.gif
TSdasecret
post Oct 28 2015, 11:29 PM

Regular
1,498 posts

QUOTE(Pink Spider @ Oct 28 2015, 12:29 PM)

Sifu, how to tag YCK1987? ... told you I'm hopeless
FSM MY thread so hot and no activity here
SUSPink Spider
post Oct 28 2015, 11:30 PM

Formerly known as Prince_Hamsap
16,872 posts

QUOTE(dasecret @ Oct 28 2015, 11:29 PM)
Sifu, how to tag YCK1987? ... told you I'm hopeless
FSM MY thread so hot and no activity here
grumble.gif

yck1987 sleep.gif
guy3288
post Oct 29 2015, 12:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,398 posts

Any advice if we in malaysia with local bank accounts wanna open FSM Singapore and buy UT in FSM Singapore?

I mean without going to Singapore to open bank accounts, just buy sell from malaysia only.

Is the cost very high to open and operate, buy sell FSM Singapore UTs, using malaysian banks?

Thanks.
TSdasecret
post Oct 29 2015, 12:28 AM

Regular
1,498 posts

QUOTE(guy3288 @ Oct 29 2015, 12:18 AM)
Any advice if we in malaysia with local bank accounts wanna open FSM Singapore and buy UT in FSM Singapore?

I mean without going to Singapore to open bank accounts, just buy sell from malaysia only.

Is the cost very high to open and operate, buy sell FSM Singapore UTs, using malaysian banks?

Thanks.
https://secure.fundsupermart.com/main/home/...strictions.svdo

Buy is TT fees and incurring the msia bank's exchange rate which is not so favorable compared to money changer rate

Sell is again TT fees and they only remit in USD or SGD, so if you don't have a foreign currency account in Malaysia, then you might again lose out due to unfavorable forex rate charged by your msia bank

But realistically, I would not put in FSM SG if I don't intend to keep for 3 years or longer, gotta make the TT and bank forex rate worthwhile
guy3288
post Oct 29 2015, 12:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,398 posts

QUOTE(dasecret @ Oct 29 2015, 12:28 AM)

Buy is TT fees and incurring the msia bank's exchange rate which is not so favorable compared to money changer rate

Sell is again TT fees and they only remit in USD or SGD, so if you don't have a foreign currency account in Malaysia, then you might again lose out due to unfavorable forex rate charged by your msia bank

So say we open foreign currency account with CIMB Malaysia,
we bank in RM to be converted to SingDollars in that account, that should take care of TT fees right??

But realistically, I would not put in FSM SG if I don't intend to keep for 3 years or longer, gotta make the TT and bank forex rate worthwhile
If Singdollars keep going up, why not,later can get back more RM

yck1987
post Oct 29 2015, 12:48 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

QUOTE(dasecret @ Oct 28 2015, 01:34 AM)

FSM SG's bond funds are not as predictable as the msia's also, the short term SGD bond funds can lose money  rclxub.gif

And with the limited funds I have, I didn't construct a proper portfolio seeing how high the mature markets are already... but that also means it's not diversified

So boss.... what is your core portfolio? I tried looking at sui jau's, it makes me more  rclxub.gif

notworthy.gif
Short term bond fund where will lose money? I suggest you can look into UNITED SGD FUND CL A ACC which I think is less riskier & less volatile short term bond fund in the market. This fund always remind me characteristic of Ambond slow and steady type. If you are fancy about the return of RHB ASIAN TOTAL RETURN FUND might as well direct put ur money into their mother fund UNITED ASIAN BOND FUND CLASS SGD as I believe the high return of Asian total return is solely because of MYR depreciation in the past. smile.gif

On the side note, there were really huge variety of bond fund to pick from FSM SG. https://secure.fundsupermart.com/main/bond/home/index.svdo
TSdasecret
post Oct 29 2015, 12:53 AM

Regular
1,498 posts

QUOTE(guy3288 @ Oct 29 2015, 12:47 AM)
So say we open foreign currency account with CIMB Malaysia,
we bank in RM to be converted to SingDollars in that account, that should take care of TT fees right??
If Singdollars keep going up, why not,later can get back more RM
Foreign currency account takes care of the forex losses; TT fees is like our IBG fees, but more because it's sending money to another country. I think for HSBC accounts it's like RM25 per transaction, I could be wrong though

Good thing with foreign currency account is, when you sell in FSM SG and remit the money back to the foreign currency account, you can choose not to change to RM where you may incur another round of forex losses

You should check the bank buy and sell rates, the spread is exorbitant sweat.gif
Even with the favorable forex movement, most of the time you can barely cover the spread
And for SGD to go up from RM2.6 to RM3.0 in less than 3 months is not a normal event, I do not expect that to happen even once a year... so don't bank on SGD sure go up
yck1987
post Oct 29 2015, 12:54 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

In short summary, is not worth if you do not have account over here as tt fees will eat up all your profit.
I was almost in auto pilot mode as I practice DCA to buy in more units on every 8th of the month with 0% SC upfront.
TSdasecret
post Oct 29 2015, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,498 posts

QUOTE(yck1987 @ Oct 29 2015, 12:48 AM)
Short term bond fund where will lose money? I suggest you can look into UNITED SGD FUND CL A ACC which I think is less riskier & less volatile short term bond fund in the market. This fund always remind me characteristic of Ambond slow and steady type. If you are fancy about the return of RHB ASIAN TOTAL RETURN FUND might as well direct put ur money into their mother fund UNITED ASIAN BOND FUND CLASS SGD as I believe the high return of Asian total return is solely because of MYR depreciation in the past. smile.gif

On the side note, there were really huge variety of bond fund to pick from FSM SG. https://secure.fundsupermart.com/main/bond/home/index.svdo
Will look at the United SGD fund, I was referring to the short term bond as part of the parking facility fund. Some days that short term bond NAV may go lower than the before, but most of the time it's temporary la. Not so use to it because ringgit denominated bond funds usually don't lose money

I have RHB Asian Total return fund, so I didnt get the United asian bond fund

What other funds you DCA monthly?
Hansel
post Oct 31 2015, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

FSM Sgp also offers funds that payout monthly dividends. Then we get our money faster to take advantage of opportunities in the mkt, or for our monthly usage for those who are retired.

It's just like a monthly salary dropping our account.

These are high-yield bond funds. They are available in the USD too. Good proxy for keeping your USDs, than letting your USDs sit in the bank earning zero interest.

Edited by adding the third para to provide more infos for investors.

This post has been edited by Hansel: Oct 31 2015, 01:02 PM
Hansel
post Oct 31 2015, 01:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

The high-yield bonds funds are yielding 7+% at current nav.
prince_mk
post Nov 3 2015, 10:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,679 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Oct 31 2015, 01:13 PM)
The high-yield bonds funds are yielding 7+% at current nav.
I have Allianz Us HY, Natixis IF Loomis Multisector Inc SGD H and United Asian HY Bond Dist Sgd.

Which fund is giving the yield of 7%?

44 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:43 PM