Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SGX Counters, Discussion on Counters in the SGX

views

ikanbilis
post Aug 16 2019, 07:30 PM

Trusted member since 2003
2,296 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Aug 8 2019, 09:15 PM)
Guys anyone think singtel is gone case? Especially for India market or still got chance?  Their dividend is not sustainable and may need to cut. Thinking of cut loss and move on.
Think singtel will go back below $3 soon...

donhay
post Aug 19 2019, 09:00 AM

Enthusiast
721 posts

QUOTE(ikanbilis @ Aug 16 2019, 07:30 PM)
Think singtel will go back below $3 soon...
I am still holding now average price 3.1 Should have sold them all middle of last month at $3.5

haizzzz
Singh_Kalan
post Aug 28 2019, 11:27 AM

Regular
1,905 posts

For Singapore stock, just stick to its REIT. Better don't waste time in Singapore company. Most company cannot perform one. Blue chip that start with Sing*** all are under performer.
TSHansel
post Sep 22 2019, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

Some opinions earlier,...

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) will be announcing its Monetary Policy Statement on Monday, Oct 14. A possible action would be.... the policy band being re-centred downwatds (to cater for the slowing economy) or the width of the band be made wider to allow more room for mkt-determined movements during this period of volatility.

The first action above would WEAKEN the SGD vs its major trading partners’ currencies.... the second action would allow the SGD to move either way in these economic times...
TSHansel
post Sep 22 2019, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

With a weakened SGD, REIT dpu's (paid out in the SGD) will be higher for REITs with overseas assets whose tenants pay in foreign currencies.

A good eg of such a REIT would be : Frasers Logistics and Industrial Trust, which has been experiencing dropping dpu in SGD, though the dpu in AUD has been growing.

Another good eg would be iREIT Global, which has been experiencing dropping dpu in SGD, though the dpu in the Euro has been growing.
plouffle0789
post Sep 25 2019, 02:19 AM

Regular
1,031 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Sep 22 2019, 11:10 AM)
Some opinions earlier,...

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) will be announcing its Monetary Policy Statement on Monday, Oct 14. A possible action would be.... the policy band  being re-centred downwatds (to cater for the slowing economy) or the width of the band be made wider to allow more room for mkt-determined movements during this period of volatility.

The first action above would WEAKEN the SGD vs its major trading partners’ currencies.... the second action would allow the SGD to move either way in these economic times...
means sgd / myr maybe drop below 3???
plouffle0789
post Sep 25 2019, 02:20 AM

Regular
1,031 posts

QUOTE(Singh_Kalan @ Aug 28 2019, 11:27 AM)
For Singapore stock, just stick to its REIT.  Better don't waste time in Singapore company.  Most company cannot perform one.  Blue chip that start  with Sing*** all are under performer.
How about genting singapore???

Recently hong kong chaos society safety problrem cause many foreign tourist come to singapore
TSHansel
post Sep 25 2019, 09:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(plouffle0789 @ Sep 25 2019, 02:19 AM)
means sgd / myr maybe drop below 3???
I think it won't drop so far to below 3.00, bro,... not even if it's announced that RM Sovereign Bonds will remain inside the FTSE Russell World Gov't Bond Index (WGBI) and oil price increases to $80 per barrel.
TSHansel
post Sep 25 2019, 09:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

Tq for the reminder of my input, plouffle,...

After some numbers released yesterday,... I would like to revise my prediction of the MAS action on October 14 to be : the policy band being re-centred FLAT and NOT downwards anymore (to cater for the slowing economy) AND for the width of the band be made wider to allow more room for mkt-determined movements during this period of volatility.

Let's see,...

Hopefully can predict the trend of the powerful Singapore Dollar !
Ramjade
post Sep 25 2019, 10:07 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Sep 25 2019, 09:56 AM)
Tq for the reminder of my input, plouffle,...

After some numbers released yesterday,... I would like to revise my prediction of the MAS action on October 14 to be : the policy band being re-centred FLAT and NOT downwards anymore (to cater for the slowing economy) AND for the width of the band be made wider to allow more room for mkt-determined movements during this period of volatility.

Let's see,...

Hopefully can predict the trend of the powerful Singapore Dollar !
I think they will take into fact that Singapore is facing a technical recession.
TSHansel
post Sep 25 2019, 10:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 25 2019, 10:07 AM)
I think they will take into fact that Singapore is facing a technical recession.
Yes,.. technical recession,... but not a real recession,... I saw some inflation numbers rose slightly yesterday or the day before,...

Might miss some reports here and there,.. busy everyday,... and soon need to travel for Rights Issue applications too for KDC REIT and Manulife US REIT !
plouffle0789
post Sep 25 2019, 10:35 AM

Regular
1,031 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Sep 25 2019, 10:10 AM)
Yes,.. technical recession,... but not a real recession,... I saw some inflation numbers rose slightly yesterday or the day before,...

Might miss some reports here and there,.. busy everyday,... and soon need to travel for Rights Issue applications too for KDC REIT and Manulife US REIT !
What broker company you use for buying sg stock?

When manulife us reit start ?
Ramjade
post Sep 25 2019, 10:39 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(plouffle0789 @ Sep 25 2019, 10:35 AM)
What broker company you use for buying sg stock?

When manulife us reit start ?
If you have Singapore address, use dbs vickers cash upfront.
If you don't have Singapore address, use FSM.
If you want access to other country stock exchange, use interactive broker. Use their whitelabels if you do not fulfilled either one of the criteria to waive the USD10/month
- have USD100K cash or stock with them
- generate USD10/month trading commission
TSHansel
post Sep 25 2019, 11:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

SGX Regco moves to protect us, investors,... hence minimizing Jurisdictional Risks,....

Singapore Exchange Regulation (SGX RegCo) has urged investors and potential investors to be cautious when dealing with shares of Mirach Energy, it said in a filing to SGX Tuesday.

Shares of Mirach climbed 123 percent from S$0.13 on 8 February to S$0.29 on 3 September. After review the trades over that period, SGX found a small group of individuals, who appear to be connected to each other, were responsible for 69 percent of the buy volume, the filing said.

SGX RegCo is reviewing the trades in Mirach shares and will take the necessary actions, including referring the case to statutory authorities where warranted,” according to the filing.

Edited by adding : Tangkap these people,... make Singapore the best and the cleanest international investment hub for true investors !!!!

This post has been edited by Hansel: Sep 25 2019, 11:15 AM
plouffle0789
post Sep 25 2019, 11:15 AM

Regular
1,031 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 25 2019, 10:39 AM)
If you have Singapore address,  use dbs vickers cash upfront.
If you don't have  Singapore address, use FSM.
If you want access to other country stock exchange,  use interactive broker. Use their whitelabels if you do not fulfilled either one of the criteria to waive the USD10/month
- have USD100K cash or stock with them
- generate USD10/month trading commission
I rent a hdb room.
Why must have a singapore address to open dbs vickers??

At first,they send a letter to us?

How much is the brokerage rates?

Did you check cgs cimb singapore rates?
Ramjade
post Sep 25 2019, 11:34 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(plouffle0789 @ Sep 25 2019, 11:15 AM)
I rent a hdb room.
Why must have a singapore address to open dbs vickers??

At first,they send a letter to us?

How much is the brokerage rates?

Did you check cgs cimb singapore rates?
No singapore address cannot apply for rights/placement.

What letter? Brokerage opening letter or rights letter? They only send letter after account application successful.

0.12% or min SGD10 (whichever is higher). During promo it cost only SGD5. Keep in mind this for seeling. If you want to sell, you need to go via normal DBS Vickers Cash account incurring 0.25% or SGD25 (whichever is higher). To avoid paying DBS SGD25 or 0.25%, link CDP with FSM

Rates more or less the same. See here for feeshttps://www.itradecimb.com.sg/app/help.clie...01&subcat=01_05
For me I avoid CImb CGS at all cost as their Cash Upfront Trading have custodian charges
http://itradecimb.com.sg/app/help.client.s...subcat=01_05_01
plouffle0789
post Sep 25 2019, 12:30 PM

Regular
1,031 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 25 2019, 11:34 AM)
No singapore address cannot apply for rights/placement.

What letter? Brokerage opening letter or rights letter? They only send letter after account application successful.

0.12% or min SGD10 (whichever is higher). During promo it cost only SGD5. Keep in mind this for seeling. If you want to sell, you need to go via normal DBS Vickers Cash account incurring 0.25% or SGD25 (whichever is higher). To avoid paying DBS SGD25 or 0.25%, link CDP with FSM

Rates more or less the same.  See here for feeshttps://www.itradecimb.com.sg/app/help.clie...01&subcat=01_05
For me I avoid CImb CGS at all cost as their Cash Upfront Trading have custodian charges
http://itradecimb.com.sg/app/help.client.s...subcat=01_05_01
link cdp with fsm meand you open a account at fsmone also??

https://secure.fundsupermart.com/fsm/stocks/ways-to-trade

I just open the dbs vickers online right??
https://www.dbs.com.sg/vickers/en/accounts/...nt/default.page

Cash Account (Online)
Cash Account (Online)A trading account that lets you transact securities in different markets.

Cash Upfront Account
Cash Upfront AccountTrade via iBanking at only 0.12% commission rate on all Singapore cash upfront trades.

What is the difference?

This post has been edited by plouffle0789: Sep 25 2019, 12:35 PM
Ramjade
post Sep 25 2019, 12:34 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(plouffle0789 @ Sep 25 2019, 12:30 PM)
link cdp with fsm meand you open a account at fsmone also??

https://secure.fundsupermart.com/fsm/stocks/ways-to-trade
Is optional. If you want to save on selling cost. If that few extra dollars is loose change or insignificant then just pay it. Your call.
plouffle0789
post Sep 25 2019, 12:37 PM

Regular
1,031 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 25 2019, 12:34 PM)
Is optional. If you want to save on selling cost. If that few extra dollars is loose change or insignificant then just pay it. Your call.
I am not understand why fsmone is a securities can link with dbs vickers.

Means like malaysia cimb itrade link with maybank investment bank shares trading account?

Cash Account (Online)
Cash Account (Online)A trading account that lets you transact securities in different markets.

Cash Upfront Account
Cash Upfront AccountTrade via iBanking at only 0.12% commission rate on all Singapore cash upfront trades.

What is the difference?

Ramjade
post Sep 25 2019, 01:06 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(plouffle0789 @ Sep 25 2019, 12:37 PM)
I am not understand why fsmone is a securities can link with dbs vickers.

Means like malaysia cimb itrade link with maybank investment bank shares trading account?
Cash Account (Online)

Cash Upfront Account
What is the difference?
With DBS V, any shares you buy will be stored in CDP (like our Malaysian CDS).

Wrong in Malaysia your broker is link to your CDS which means you have multiple account of CDS if you have many brokers but you cannot use another broker to link to your original CDS.
Eg
Broker A will get you CDS A
Broker B will get you CDS B.
You cannot link Broker B to CDS A

You can link any broker you want to CDP and use that broker to sell from CDP.
FSM can only link and sell from CDP. You cannot use FSM to buy and store shares on CDP.

buy and sell at 0.25% or SGD25 (whichever is higher)
DBS V cash upfront buy only at 0.12% or SGD10
(whichever is higher)
- you cannot sell using DBS V cash upfront. You need to use DBS V cash account which incur cost of 0.25% or SGD25 (whichever is higher)

If you use DBS V cash account to buy overseas shares get ready to be slapped with
- dividend fees
- quarterly platform fees devil.gif devil.gif

304 Pages « < 188 189 190 191 192 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 PM