Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PLEASE DON'T CHOOSE "MY DREAM WEDDING ", MY DREAM WEDDING SERVICE SUCK

views

DS_Legacy
post Jun 11 2019, 10:07 AM

Photography is Love
1,411 posts

QUOTE(qbee @ Jun 11 2019, 09:14 AM)
Yea, 1st post ever since I joined 2011. There's not much people share about their experience, since they not allowed me to take photo, I can just describe their place.
My package inclusive of 140softcopies, definitely enough for myself smile.gif
140 is very little for pre wedding photo shoot. You will end you choosing 140 over 500-600 photos. When every photo also look nice, you sure will top up to get more photos. laugh.gif

But 140 still okay la, some only 40. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by DS_Legacy: Jun 11 2019, 10:07 AM
Feilovever P
post Jun 11 2019, 12:27 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(qbee @ Jun 11 2019, 09:15 AM)
Oh wow!
So what did you do with the 600soft copy?
There are many nice enough no need to choose for edit. I just use phone to edit colour and post it. At least I no need pay for the all soft copyz
adrian87
post Jun 11 2019, 03:09 PM

37 posts

I just done my photo session and photo selection part. Well, my dream wedding (MDW) is not the best studio nor the cheapest. Since you already paid, I just say go for it.

My exp: you cannot choose photographer and MUA. Therefore, you need to pray hard to meet good one. MY MUA is called Fish, she is good, unfortunately my photographer's skill was so-so. Why so-so, coz on photos selection day, all the photos were average effect and "old school style". Because of this I managed to save quite amount of $$ not to add pages and get extra photos.

Consultant play important role!
My consultant disallow us to look at Actual day gown first unless we confirm and agree for actual day. How I suppose to decide want or dunwan without looking at the gown for my wife??!

Most important, make sure you discuss about soft copies and price...term and condition. Different consultant ask for different price. You can also discuss with gown consultant or photo consultant. mine is 55 pcs soft copies + extra large photo with frame RM700, original was 60 pcs RM1000.

Feilovever P
post Jun 13 2019, 04:59 AM

Probation
0 posts

No one bring the case to lawsuit?
honeyfish
post Jul 12 2019, 06:07 PM

33 posts

My friend just done the photos selection. She has paid RM1K+ for extra 10 photos (Existing package comes with 40 edited photos).

She has upgraded her gowns during the photo shooting. Hence her package cost her RM7K+. I am not sure whether she is going to upgrade her gowns on actual day. She is going to try the actual day gowns in another 1-2 months later.

I think MDW good in indoor shooting. So for couples like indoor feel, I think MDW is one of the good choices.

For those couples prefer outdoor shooting, I will prefer others.

This post has been edited by honeyfish: Jul 12 2019, 06:09 PM
qbee
post Jul 16 2019, 10:27 AM

0 posts

I have done my shooting last week.
Overall is ok ok only.
The gown I picked is nice for indoor, but when goes to outdoor, it just look ordinary. The MUA did not advise just let you choose which gown I would like to wear for outdoor.
Can't deny they are good indoor shooting, lots backgrounds.
Guess they did not communicate between branches.
Neo Damansara consultant showed me some background which available, the photographer only told me the sofa is thorn and the background no longer available. The consultant not even know what props they have except hand flower.

Little advise for those who going to have shooting there "DON'T BE SHY TO ASK OR REQUEST"
donavan1986
post Aug 27 2019, 10:48 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

I also recently just taken my pre-wedding photo shot.
I am initially also think of going to My Dream Wedding but end up a lot of negative feedback about them. so i go to a very understate shop YODO.
They are so nice. if take picture at local, it will only cost RM 4988 using their existing dress and if you one something special, just need to pay RM 6988 and you will get a tailormade dress for the bride.
Due to the owner husband is a PR holder of Australia, you can legally take their package and go to Australia to take your pre-wedding pictures.
the picture taken is also very natural and the photographer is very good as well.

You can search for them in facebook. "YODO".
GOPI56
post Aug 27 2019, 10:51 AM

Enthusiast
776 posts

Sorry TS, your dream wedding has become a nightmare wedding.
fcs1986
post Sep 18 2019, 03:56 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Feilovever @ Jun 11 2019, 02:54 AM)
Interesting... how come need to TopUp so much for those cheap things... I completed my wedding photo to Paris last year. Only cost me 9000. They let me choose all the gowns, return me all soft copy with any charges , they give me receipt with full description when I signed up. Some more no need to pay for their crew flight and stay. I just going there to travel, didn’t think of taking photo overseas, because initially I thought it will be super expensive.. but I signed up with the bridal studio and settle whole pre wedding for 9k only,taken  in Paris. They give me 15” album, big n small frame, car deco also, and also 2 gowns for my wedding this year. Didn’t know there’s such top up costs like that.. I took back all soft copy about 600++ from them no need pay extra, they edit 30 photos for me. It’s not at SS2 shops. They say they started in 2015 , not old than my dream, but very nice, more than hundreds gown free selection.
Mind sharing which bridal studio?
angelababy111 P
post Sep 20 2019, 10:08 AM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(fcs1986 @ Sep 18 2019, 03:56 PM)
Mind sharing which bridal studio?
I am also interested what bridal shop biggrin.gif hopefully you can share with us!
moleman4eva
post Oct 5 2019, 12:04 AM

36 posts

Just finished my photoshoot 2 days ago with mdw.

Actually I just walk in to their studio in jb. After tour of the place we decided to go for it.

First part consultation.
Every package explained well. All the top ups early early they mention. Standard gimmick of I give u discount here, free you this, upgrade u this when she saw we hesitating but this I encountered at other studios also.
Finally end up with 4988
45 pose
12x15 album 45pose
8x12 album 19pose
24x30 1 photo with frame
X2 10x12 table top frame
Pen drive with 30 pose + song
30pc 4R with 3 pose
24x24 canvas
12 pc car deco

3 gown for female + 2 casual
2 tuxedo for male + 2 casual
4 hairdo + makeup with eyelashes
1 hand bouquet

Gown/tux picking
Whole stretch to choose for the gown. They let her choose what she like and if can fit they let her try and take pic. Then they bring the platinum gowns. Obviously they were nicer and since fiancee liked. Know liao need bring out wallet. Upgraded 2 gowns to playinum and 2 regular dress. They threw in a 3rd tux for groom for free. Cost me another 1.8k. While we were at it, took the night shoot for another 300 extra. No hard sell, everything we own add.

Following day we did actual shoot. No problem here. Lovely make up artist plus photoshoot crew. 12 hours flew by and we were not tired at the end. There were charges here too. Ampoules, nu bra, body foundation and extra pair eyelashes were extra. Not sure how much cause fiancee paid. I think around 300 too.

Next week I'm going for my photo selection and Im already keeping some cash for the add on posses.

Personally I feel if u know what u are getting into then there are no surprises. I choose mdw and maybe there are better deals out there but in the end we both happy with our experience so all is good.

Natalizchiaw P
post Oct 30 2019, 05:29 PM

Probation
0 posts

MY DREAM WEDDING IS SUCH A DISASTER TO ME!!
Such a commercial wedding house, all u need is to top up. Their sales is using some technique to convinced you to top up for gown.. at first they will let you try all normal range dresses (weird cutting and low quality dress) for whole day, then they will take out some dresses to attract you eye ball.. once you hv try it, you will never turned back. They will tell you if you are taking 1 dress will cost you a lot, hence they will convince u to take few, end up will be topping up 2k for just shooting dresses.

DONT SIGN UP DURING WEDDING FAIR!!!
They outsource (not their own team) sales guy at wedding fair, and they re so unprofessional end up we signed up Dongguan China package, such a disaster , out of all photos I guess we have only picked less than 8 pieces (not so nice) from the whole trip, wasted time, money and accommodation & flight ticket. Non of the pictures look good, even the photographer seems like a part timer.

LOUDSY COMMUNICATION
They are super unprofessional , no communication in between different warehouse, we passed the songs for the slide show to one of the staff from KD branch(1 Oct), nearly 1 month,they called us back to request for the song we wanted to insert for the slideshow, such a disaster, I was driving and I couldn’t be sure what song I have given, I asked them to check back with the staff I was dealing with, second day, they called to asked again of the song titled, I was having meeting, I asked them to check with their own colleague, without answering the reason what happened in between, they called my husband during work to ask him to provide the song title on that day itself!! What’s wrong with you, MY DREAM WEDDING, you never failed to disappoint us with the service, photographer, and so on! What else next!!

BELIEVE ME!! DONT GO TO MYDREAM WEDDING, they just look good on advertising, there are no channel that you can speak up or feedback about their service!! End up I paid for everythg, but almost all photos was done in their studio(re-shooting) !! Absolutely don’t worth to pay that much for this kind of loudsy service!! You will he regret going to MYDREAMWEDDING!! DONT EVER CREATE A DISASTER FOR YOURSELF!! It’s really pissed off , and believe me any studio out there could be better than MYDREAM WEDDING!!!
Earl9rey
post Nov 8 2019, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(Natalizchiaw @ Oct 30 2019, 05:29 PM)
MY DREAM WEDDING IS SUCH A DISASTER TO ME!!
Such a commercial wedding house, all u need is to top up. Their sales is using some technique to convinced you to top up for gown.. at first they will let you try all normal range dresses (weird cutting and low quality dress) for whole day, then they will take out some dresses to attract you eye ball.. once you hv try it, you will never turned back. They will tell you if you are taking 1 dress will cost you a lot, hence they will convince u to take few, end up will be topping up 2k for just shooting dresses.

DONT SIGN UP DURING WEDDING FAIR!!!
They outsource (not their own team) sales guy at wedding fair, and they re so unprofessional end up we signed up Dongguan China package, such a disaster , out of all photos I guess we have only picked less than 8 pieces (not so nice) from the whole trip, wasted time, money and accommodation & flight ticket. Non of the pictures look good, even the photographer seems like a part timer.

LOUDSY COMMUNICATION
They are super unprofessional , no communication in between different warehouse, we passed the songs for the slide show to one of the staff from KD branch(1 Oct), nearly 1 month,they called us back to request for the song we wanted to insert for the slideshow, such a disaster, I was driving and I couldn’t be sure what song I have given, I asked them to check back with the staff I was dealing with, second day, they called to asked again of the song titled, I was having meeting, I asked them to check with their own colleague, without answering the reason what happened in between, they called my husband during work to ask him to provide the song title on that day itself!! What’s wrong with you, MY DREAM WEDDING, you never failed to disappoint us with the service, photographer, and so on! What else next!!

BELIEVE ME!! DONT GO TO MYDREAM WEDDING, they just look good on advertising, there are no channel that you can speak up or feedback about their service!! End up I paid for everythg, but almost all photos was done in their studio(re-shooting) !! Absolutely don’t worth to pay that much for this kind of loudsy service!! You will he regret going to MYDREAMWEDDING!! DONT EVER CREATE A DISASTER FOR YOURSELF!!  It’s really pissed off , and believe me any studio out there could be better than MYDREAM WEDDING!!!
Hi sorry for ur bad experience... The look really good though. Even the studio as well... But when I came there, the photo they show is just the model photo, there is no actual photo of the customer. Do you mind to show me one of ur photo to see whether is it really bad or not? Cause I really love their photo on their Instagram, but seeing all these comment I was wondering how bad is it can be...
qbee
post Yesterday, 09:17 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Earl9rey @ Nov 8 2019, 03:52 PM)
Hi sorry for ur bad experience... The look really good though. Even the studio as well... But when I came there, the photo they show is just the model photo, there is no actual photo of the customer. Do you mind to show me one of ur photo to see whether is it really bad or not? Cause I really love their photo on their Instagram, but seeing all these comment I was wondering how bad is it can be...
Some customer posted their photo in IG, you may try #mydreamweddingkl. I think that's their SOP, most couple have the same makeup hairdo, pose at the same background.
I have seen my layout, waiting them to re-do. Their PS skill really dry.gif shakehead.gif , my arms become 180degree straight, look so fake. I wonder if they check their work before they show it to customer. Some part is like PS with Meitu as you will see the pillar become senget. shakehead.gif
I selected photos in Aug, took so long time to do layout but not quality work. Oh yea, may be business too good, need to rush so the work is not so nice.

7 Pages « < 5 6 7Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0348sec    1.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 07:58 AM