Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PLEASE DON'T CHOOSE "MY DREAM WEDDING ", MY DREAM WEDDING SERVICE SUCK

views

qbee
post Jun 10 2019, 12:25 PM

3 posts

I signed up for my pre-wedding last December at their shop.
During they introducing their package, I was told that all their gowns can go for indoor and outdoor shooting.
And they have lots of gowns for me to choose, even for my size (I'm 164cm, 64kgs, some people would say I'm fat, but I consider myself meaty).
It's better that I save some idea gowns photo from internet and show to her colleague during gown selection, she will help me to look for the perfect gown.
Meanwhile, she did bring to have a look on their gowns in a room. She told me that they will bring in new gowns from time to time, those hanging in the shop is all platinum range. Some of platinum range will then use as shooting gown when they bring in new gowns (means they are no longer platinum gowns).
I find that it's fine since she told me all the prices if I would like to upgrade my dress or add more post or to purchase soft copy.
So, we signed up on that day.

I actually feel fishy as I could not find any post of bride posting their gown selection photos, it was very limited.
And I read lots of "not-so-good comments" from internet at the same time I do saw some having good experience with them. And yea, some are fake account, the other forum have fake accounts too, all posting a super good comments.
So I pray hard that meet a professional consultant when comes to my gown selection, makeup and shooting.

I have selected my gowns few weeks ago, below is my experience.
They told me to go 1st floor for gown selection as al gowns for shooting is there, which they never mentioned when I signing the package.
When I arrived at the 1st floor, the consultant attended to us.
1st, they helped us to reserve all the date and time for our photo selection and actual day gowns selection.
2nd, they told us the Dos and Don'ts at their Studio and the Dos and Don'ts before our pre-wedding shooting day.
Her explanations is pretty clear.

Here comes to our gowns selection when she bring me to and area which about 600sqft, with 3hanging racks about 8-10fts length, with white gowns, light colour and dark colour gowns at each. I can't remember how many gowns were hanging at each racks, may be +/-30gowns each rack. (Suddenly I feel I "seong-cheh" d)
Then I was told I can select my gowns for shooting from here, she will help me to check whether it's available for my date or if it suitable for me.
They did not set time limits or the quantity that I can try for me. So me and my friends start looking for the gowns.
I do show her some photos, but she did not help me to find or recommend some gowns for me.
Since so, we just try those we thinks is beautiful.
And she bring me 2 platinum range evening gowns for me to try since my package included 1platinum gowns, I can use it for shooting or wear it on the actual day.
One thing I feel thankful is she did not show me faces while trying all those gowns, those gowns is not light and small, she have to carrying in and out. Yet, the way we put in the gowns is different, some you need to wear from top, some from below. I think most married experience this, some thinks is fun, some feel tiring. I have lost count on the number of gowns I have tried, but it's more than 20gowns.
She helped me to take photo of every gowns, front and back (No photos are allowed to take even video call).

When comes to selection of tux for my BF, the normal range is really really very normal, some is quite old style yet ah beng (sorry to say that)
Those advertisement OPPA is wearing their platinum range tux. So BF pay extra RM280 to get an OPPA style tux. Same, she help bf to take the front and back photos for every tux he try. And then upload all photo to their computer to show us. The real selection of gowns start from here.

During reviewing those photos, she did give some advise and comments (which I finds too straight forwards).
There was a off shoulder gowns which is quite sweet and dreamy, but it was not my size. Although I am able to fit in to the gown, but it limit my arm movements. She told me to workout hard so that I can fit in to that dress. Well, I recalled that when I signing up the package the sales told me "MY DREAM WEDDING definitely have your size, and we have LOTS OF GOWNS for your selection." Meanwhile, there are beautiful gowns but most for petite bride. Since your marketing said have lots of gowns, it's better to invest some in your business, increase the flexibility of those gowns so that can alter it into any size. Workout hard in few weeks time to fit into that dress is risky as once we confirmed the gowns, there will be a charge of RM300/gown/changes. So I just pick those that I think it's good and looks nice in me.

We have total spent like 4hours (1hour for the DOs and DONTs stuffs and appointments and the rest for trying and choosing gowns).
I am counting down for my shooting day. Pray hard everything go smooth. Will update after that.

P/S: I use to access to forums but very very rare will post or comment. I'm a REAL ACCOUNT.

qbee
post Jun 11 2019, 09:14 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(DS_Legacy @ Jun 11 2019, 01:29 AM)
Joined 2011 and posted a wall of text post just for my dream wedding.

I wish the best for your shoot since you have signed their package. But you have to brace yourself ya. Definitely will need to pay more. For the rest of the nice photos u take, either you pay or they keep them away from you. laugh.gif
Yea, 1st post ever since I joined 2011. There's not much people share about their experience, since they not allowed me to take photo, I can just describe their place.
My package inclusive of 140softcopies, definitely enough for myself smile.gif

qbee
post Jun 11 2019, 09:15 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Feilovever @ Jun 11 2019, 02:54 AM)
Interesting... how come need to TopUp so much for those cheap things... I completed my wedding photo to Paris last year. Only cost me 9000. They let me choose all the gowns, return me all soft copy with any charges , they give me receipt with full description when I signed up. Some more no need to pay for their crew flight and stay. I just going there to travel, didn’t think of taking photo overseas, because initially I thought it will be super expensive.. but I signed up with the bridal studio and settle whole pre wedding for 9k only,taken  in Paris. They give me 15” album, big n small frame, car deco also, and also 2 gowns for my wedding this year. Didn’t know there’s such top up costs like that.. I took back all soft copy about 600++ from them no need pay extra, they edit 30 photos for me. It’s not at SS2 shops. They say they started in 2015 , not old than my dream, but very nice, more than hundreds gown free selection.
Oh wow!
So what did you do with the 600soft copy?
qbee
post Jul 16 2019, 10:27 AM

3 posts

I have done my shooting last week.
Overall is ok ok only.
The gown I picked is nice for indoor, but when goes to outdoor, it just look ordinary. The MUA did not advise just let you choose which gown I would like to wear for outdoor.
Can't deny they are good indoor shooting, lots backgrounds.
Guess they did not communicate between branches.
Neo Damansara consultant showed me some background which available, the photographer only told me the sofa is thorn and the background no longer available. The consultant not even know what props they have except hand flower.

Little advise for those who going to have shooting there "DON'T BE SHY TO ASK OR REQUEST"
qbee
post Nov 12 2019, 09:17 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Earl9rey @ Nov 8 2019, 03:52 PM)
Hi sorry for ur bad experience... The look really good though. Even the studio as well... But when I came there, the photo they show is just the model photo, there is no actual photo of the customer. Do you mind to show me one of ur photo to see whether is it really bad or not? Cause I really love their photo on their Instagram, but seeing all these comment I was wondering how bad is it can be...
Some customer posted their photo in IG, you may try #mydreamweddingkl. I think that's their SOP, most couple have the same makeup hairdo, pose at the same background.
I have seen my layout, waiting them to re-do. Their PS skill really dry.gif shakehead.gif , my arms become 180degree straight, look so fake. I wonder if they check their work before they show it to customer. Some part is like PS with Meitu as you will see the pillar become senget. shakehead.gif
I selected photos in Aug, took so long time to do layout but not quality work. Oh yea, may be business too good, need to rush so the work is not so nice.

qbee
post Feb 13 2020, 09:57 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(momomoxxx @ Dec 27 2019, 11:25 AM)
Anybody experience delay in collecting photo album from MDW? 

my wedding is 1 months + away and they put my collection date 2 days before my actual day wtf...

called and chase them they tell me depend on December customer volume  notworthy.gif while i confirmed the layout on end of november...

Terrible terrible customer service..

think twice before sign up guys...  ranting.gif
I just collected mine.
No one inform me that my album is arrived until i called them to follow up, one month from the date we confirmed the layout.
But i was told that my slide show is not ready.
And they told me it will be ready before my actual day...
shocking.gif doh.gif

Also, I done my actual day gown selection.
As foreseen, lots of gown been taken/booked.
Some was very ugly and old style. Some was altered to smaller size, it can't fit in well, the consultant said can be altered if I like.
I wonder why she thinks that I would confirm the gown since it's not my size, not fit me.
In conclusion, the choice really not much. I just take those that fits me.

If you really likes their style, please confirm all your dates (actual date / shooting date) and confirm the gown you like BEFORE sign up.

SO DISAPPOINTING TO THEIR GOWNS.

qbee
post Feb 18 2020, 04:26 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(annann91 @ Feb 17 2020, 04:24 PM)
My friend signed up for My Dream Wedding package from the Wedding Fair in Mid Valley.

I've heard many horrid stories from my other friends about this place. My friend above just bought the package last year. He first paid RM7k+ for the package thinking that was all he needed to pay.

After going to the studio, the selection of dresses was bad and apparently close to ugly. He then needed to top up a few hundred per dress/suit and considering it's a whole day photography, he paid for 4 changes of dresses.

Thinking that was ALL the con-ness he needed to experience, came the choosing of photos. He was only able to select 40 photos from the package, and cos you already took so many photos, you would pay more. So he ended up paying additional RM2.5k for more photos.

All in all, he had to pay about RM12k!!

What a con job this place is.
For those who is interested to sign up package with them,
Their gowns for shooting is in 1st Floor (Damansara Perdana), have a look before you sign.

It's better that you confirm all the gown you want is available for you before you sign.

Anyway, they still have other way to make you pay extra. BE RATIONAL.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.04    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:50 AM