Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

13 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Hair Transplant, Where to? (Medical Conditions)

views

homeboytomato
post Jun 12 2021, 09:44 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

Now cannot travel la. So I think the best is to do it locally unless you want to wait until the pandemic is over and everyone can fly. But I think need to wait for quite long... maybe 1 , 2 or 3 more years? :-(
asamalikum
post Jun 18 2021, 08:57 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(chengho1400 @ Mar 6 2021, 10:22 PM)
I am about 4 months into hair transplant. I have not experience any shock loss of the native hair. However, yes, the transplanted hair will fall off after 2-4 weeks. And at month 4, i think the transplanted hair has only regrown around 25%. Did you get 3000 hairs or grafts?
Hi which clinic did u end up going?
asamalikum
post Jun 19 2021, 01:41 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(powerlinkers @ Jun 8 2021, 11:52 AM)
The Dr Shah is not even a board certified plastic surgeon or a dermatologist, how could he give proper blocks?

It is dangerous to administer blocks on face and forehead without knowing anatomy properly. You could injure nerves and cause paralysis if you do it wrongly.

Do you think that he knows about this properly ?
Finasteride and Propecia are not solutions, dangerous if your wife or relative is pregnant.
You could have temporary impotence if you take them.
Medications will not stop anything, they will only delay the immenent.

Male type baldness is genetically related, stress only hastens the progress, you should blame on males on your maternal side for passing the genes to you.

Yun Nam is a scam.

Just do hair transplantation. Settle it once and for all and move on with your life.

PM me from November onwards, I could guide. Save money, about rm 7k first , do over 4 days, 2 trips, about 6-8k fue in total. 2nd session could take place after 6 months. You will have great hair, after about 1 year from 1st visit.

If not enough donor from head, they could harvest your beard, will have similar results with donor from head. 90% survival.

Chest and inguinal hairs have a 50% survival and not same like your normal hair, it would be curlier. Moreover, you need more anesthetics to harvest from chest and inguinal, so will need more visits.

I did 7500 FUE, donor: head and beard. stage V Hamilton,  4 days, 3 trips(due to financial issues), you could do it over 4 days, 2 trips.

Save money first.

My personal opinion, you should only consider to do it in Malaysia if you are rich, you are morbidly obese, severe drug allergies or you have heart problems.
Thanks for the input. India is unlikely a viable option for the near future. It looks like you have done extensive research in this regard, and if you would to have this procedure done in Malaysia, regardless of the cost, who would recommend?
powerlinkers
post Jun 19 2021, 01:58 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(asamalikum @ Jun 19 2021, 01:41 PM)
Thanks for the input. India is unlikely a viable option for the near future. It looks like you have done extensive research in this regard, and if you would to have this procedure done in Malaysia, regardless of the cost, who would recommend?
Other than dr shah, I do not have experience in Malaysia .

Dr Ruban is a consultant dermatologist, he should be good.

His fees should be around 6-8x of Indian price as well, should be 50% higher than Dr Shah.
asamalikum
post Jun 19 2021, 03:22 PM

Regular
1,200 posts

QUOTE(powerlinkers @ Jun 19 2021, 01:58 PM)
Other than dr shah, I do not have experience in Malaysia .

Dr Ruban is a consultant dermatologist, he should be good.

His fees should be around 6-8x of Indian price as well, should be 50% higher than Dr Shah.
thank you, will look into dr. ruben. My number one concern is safety, and experience of this procedure. I only have finite amount of precious leftover hair. No room for mistake.
on the other hand, i'm curious of these famous, heavily marketing transplant clinic like jasg, shah, indens' credibility. charges are so-called "affordable" for FUE.

This post has been edited by asamalikum: Jun 19 2021, 03:27 PM
powerlinkers
post Jun 19 2021, 03:28 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(asamalikum @ Jun 19 2021, 03:22 PM)
thank you, will look into dr. ruben. My number one concern is safety, and experience of this procedure. I only have finite amount of precious leftover hair.
on the other hand, i'm curious of these famous, heavily marketing transplant clinic like jasg, shah, indens' credibility. charges are so-called "affordable" for FUE.
True, you have finite amount of grafts.
Best grafts would be from your head and you beard.

If harvested and implanted properly, and post op you follow the surgeon's advice: more than 90% of the grafts will survive (if harvested from face and head), 50% if harvested from chest, armpit and inguinal regions.
LowKeras
post Jul 4 2021, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

Hmmm good thread. I got baldness from genetic.
Age 30 forehead already very less.
Now left, right behind got head grow but top just few.

I see bonzaimy have post alot got information. Ouch yes look really painful ... I just worry the money and pain go thru but hair keep falling after the job done.

Just question to bonzaimy if you don't mind to update your picture on the hair. That would be a great review after the transplant 1 year and before. Apologize and thanks you.

I may i go to visit for consultation after the lockdown and each. I not sure my head require 3k or more base my feel like 30-40 % hair is gone. Hahaha

I really consider this instead buying another rolex.
kripton888
post Aug 24 2021, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
238 posts

Hey guys anyone had done hair transplant at alps medical centre KL, was it good and reliable?

ALPS Medical centre 阿尔卑斯医学中心
03-2161 6133
https://goo.gl/maps/9ZjtoLYoGzdXzSyE6

They offereded an attractive package, but im not too sure since not much reviews and not heard off

Tariq_H
post Aug 28 2021, 03:13 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(kripton888 @ Aug 24 2021, 10:47 AM)
Hey guys anyone had done hair transplant at alps medical centre KL, was it good and reliable?

ALPS Medical centre 阿尔卑斯医学中心
03-2161 6133
https://goo.gl/maps/9ZjtoLYoGzdXzSyE6

They offereded an attractive package, but im not too sure since not much reviews and not heard off
How much per draft?
uncle wong
post Oct 2 2021, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

Anyone here familiar with https://www.npmmalaysia.com/
treatment ? Thank you
msa9696
post Oct 14 2021, 09:18 AM

Regular
1,532 posts

Just want to post some updates here, I've just surveyed Dr Inder and Glojas, and below is the price:-

Glojas - RM 5 per graft for Standard FUE/ RM 8 per graft for Smart FUE

Dr Inder - slightly below RM 5/graft for FUE (slightly below because they quoted RM 5/ graft but gave some free grafts)

Difficult to judge if Smart FUE is just gimmicky, or really far superior than Standard FUE and those offered by Dr Inder.

This post has been edited by msa9696: Oct 14 2021, 09:19 AM
JessicaAlba
post Oct 14 2021, 02:33 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(msa9696 @ Oct 14 2021, 09:18 AM)
Just want to post some updates here, I've just surveyed Dr Inder and Glojas, and below is the price:-

Dr Inder - slightly below RM 5/graft for FUE (slightly below because they quoted RM 5/ graft but gave some free grafts)

Difficult to judge if Smart FUE is just gimmicky, or really far superior than Standard FUE and those offered by Dr Inder.
If you examine closely, dr jas work is like an art while inders is well not up to the same level as dr jas. Ive been comparing their post surgery work. Especially on day one, you can see a clear difference. For me, if i were to get a hair transplant, i would choose glojas (smart fue). Afaik, dr jas uses a smaller punch hole and i also noticed he uses a different tool to implant hair iinm. Thats just my observation. But wont go wrong, either would be fine. One red flag is dr inder tends to self praise, not once ... But on a consistent basis.
Tariq_H
post Oct 14 2021, 02:58 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(JessicaAlba @ Oct 14 2021, 02:33 PM)
If you examine closely, dr jas work is like an art while inders is well not up to the same level as dr jas. Ive been comparing their post surgery work. Especially on day one, you can see a clear difference. For me, if i were to get a hair transplant, i would choose glojas (smart fue). Afaik, dr jas uses a smaller punch hole and i also noticed he uses a different tool to implant hair iinm. Thats just my observation. But wont go wrong, either would be fine. One red flag is dr inder tends to self praise, not once ... But on a consistent basis.
Smart fue can regrow donor hair?
JessicaAlba
post Oct 14 2021, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Oct 14 2021, 02:58 PM)
As far as i know, no surgery can claim to regrow the donor area. Once it is uprooted, it no longer can grow. Its all about donor / graft management. Hence theres advanced study into hair cloning to get unlimited supply. But i dont see that happening anytime soon.
msa9696
post Oct 14 2021, 04:02 PM

Regular
1,532 posts

QUOTE(JessicaAlba @ Oct 14 2021, 02:33 PM)
Super dilemma, believe same as anyone who are deciding which to go.
Yeah Smart FUE sounds good, but price difference quite huge actually - 60% higher.
Sadly, I supposed both Dr Inder and Glojas are the more popular ones, yet we don't have that many who have signed up and share their experience here.

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Oct 14 2021, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE(JessicaAlba @ Oct 14 2021, 03:09 PM)
As far as i know, no surgery can claim to regrow the donor area. Once it is uprooted, it no longer can grow. Its all about donor / graft management. Hence theres advanced study into hair cloning to get unlimited supply. But i dont see that happening anytime soon.
Lots of contradicting news online, I do read many articles which mentioned that donor area can grow back, but I hardly believe so.
Quite worried whether it can grow back or not, does it really depends on the Dr, if everything is done perfect and follow all SOP, chances higher to grow back.
JessicaAlba
post Oct 15 2021, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(msa9696 @ Oct 14 2021, 04:02 PM)
Super dilemma, believe same as anyone who are deciding which to go.
Yeah Smart FUE sounds good, but price difference quite huge actually - 60% higher.
Sadly, I supposed both Dr Inder and Glojas are the more popular ones, yet we don't have that many who have signed up and share their experience here.
Lots of contradicting news online, I do read many articles which mentioned that donor area can grow back, but I hardly believe so.
Quite worried whether it can grow back or not, does it really depends on the Dr, if everything is done perfect and follow all SOP, chances higher to grow back.
Are you looking to get one? Whats the current state of your hair on the norwood scale? If you dont mind haha
msa9696
post Oct 15 2021, 11:23 PM

Regular
1,532 posts

QUOTE(JessicaAlba @ Oct 15 2021, 10:12 AM)
Are you looking to get one? Whats the current state of your hair on the norwood scale? If you dont mind haha
I not sure it's a 4 or 5
But I'm also considering should I try finasteride first
Tariq_H
post Oct 19 2021, 08:55 AM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(JessicaAlba @ Oct 14 2021, 03:09 PM)
Then what is the benefit of smart fue?
K-Freak
post Nov 2 2021, 11:55 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(msa9696 @ Oct 14 2021, 09:18 AM)

i'm sharing my personal experience with Dr Inder. i'm norwood 3/3A. i did 2 FUE HT with her within a span of 2 yrs. you were right, she gave 100 free grafts for each HT i did with her. i think, probably to increase the success rate as normally 2%-5% of the grafts would not make it, depending of the skill of the dr. the first HT (2.2k grafts) was on the temple (90%) and crown (10%), second HT (1k grafts) was to increase the density of the crown. m extremely satisfied with the density at the temple and the hairline looks natural. after both HT, i could say i can get away norwood 1.5 - 2 (also bcoz i've wavy and coarse hair). although the crown area can still be seen slightly only when it's wet under harsh lighting, that doesn't bother me. i'm not taking finasteride, only applying minoxidil at the moment. the donor area is not noticeable when healed and i've had haircut on the sides and back at 0 guard. i think it also boils down to the skills of the technicians assisting the dr during the HT. i would say her technicians are quite experience as they were the same technicians who did my second HT. just my personal opinion.
msa9696
post Nov 3 2021, 01:07 AM

Regular
1,532 posts

QUOTE(K-Freak @ Nov 2 2021, 11:55 PM)
i'm sharing my personal experience with Dr Inder. i'm norwood 3/3A. i did 2 FUE HT with her within a span of 2 yrs. you were right, she gave 100 free grafts for each HT i did with her. i think, probably to increase the success rate as normally 2%-5% of the grafts would not make it, depending of the skill of the dr. the first HT (2.2k grafts) was on the temple (90%) and crown (10%), second HT (1k grafts) was to increase the density of the crown. m extremely satisfied with the density at the temple and the hairline looks natural. after both HT, i could say i can get away norwood 1.5 - 2 (also bcoz i've wavy and coarse hair). although the crown area can still be seen slightly only when it's wet under harsh lighting, that doesn't bother me. i'm not taking finasteride, only applying minoxidil at the moment. the donor area is not noticeable when healed and i've had haircut on the sides and back at 0 guard. i think it also boils down to the skills of the technicians assisting the dr during the HT. i would say her technicians are quite experience as they were the same technicians who did my second HT. just my personal opinion.
Thanks for your kind sharing.
I decided to try medication first as advised by Dr Ruban, but after reading a lot on his proposed treatment of Dutasteride and Minoxidil oral, I do have lots of concern on the side effects of both this medicine.
Very concerned and dilemma that even after HT, I still need long term medication at least with Finasteride.

13 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2788sec    0.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd December 2021 - 05:39 PM