Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mix Development and Short Term Rental, daily rental

views

TSCasLatency
post Jun 21 2015, 02:57 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(aurora97 @ Jun 20 2015, 11:59 AM)
careful HDA some of the articles Are out-dated.
Malaysian Bar Council

Does the definition of “housing accommodation” in the amended Act include serviced suites or apartments?

If the serviced suites or serviced apartments are intended for human habitation or partly for human habitation and partly for business premises, then they will fall within the definition of housing accommodation as amended. It does not matter if the accommodation is erected on a land designated or approved for commercial development as the Amendment Act has removed these words from the definition of housing accommodation inserted by the 2002 Amendment Act.
Since there is no control that tenancy should be how many day, it mean we need to proof that daily rental consider commercial use, where can we get this proof?

NikAriff
post Jun 21 2015, 03:04 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(CasLatency @ Jun 21 2015, 02:57 PM)
Since there is no control that tenancy should be how many day, it mean we need to proof that daily rental consider commercial use, where can we get this proof?
Hi Cas,

Since there is no law that control a tenancy period less the 3 years, if daily rental is consider a commercial use then month or yearly will also be classify as commercial use as well, this issue still falls on the grey area, the best is the management introduce strict rules to control it or may be you can suggest finger print access only system to be implemented but not sure if this will be control by the Personal Data Protection Act, if is finger print access only then is very hard for STR to carry out because only people that register the print can access.

Regards
Nik
Hansel
post Jun 26 2015, 07:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

A lot of debates abt the regulations suroundng STR, but in my personal experience, who is going to go out there and 'catch' tht ther is an STR arranegemnt going on ? Someone from the MC ? Who is goingto volunteer to be a PI here ?

Prrof from CCTV is not enuff. I can always say those are my relatives, nd I am letting them stay for free. Tht's what they do in HK, Denmark, and many countries too. Personal experience here.
lrm8888
post Jul 1 2015, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jun 19 2015, 08:29 AM)
It is illegal to turn residential property into commercial activities (as daily rent hotel), whereby one can lodge the report with local council and COB.

You may refer and join into previous thread that talk about similar issue, but that was on residential property.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2353137/all
just wondering, all the comment given at the forum any lawyer there? if not all just base on their opinion....i am very interested to find out more too

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:08 AM