65 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Terminator: Movies Thread, James Cameron is back

views

rebelsoul76
post Mar 2 2008, 03:07 AM

Hakuna matata
2,644 posts

Eventhough I know Arnie IS the Terminator, he really has outlasted his character liao. It's kinda boring already seeing him do same thing over and over again. I mean, the plot was almost the same: A robot sent back to the past to protect someone. I'm tired of it, and I think Arnie's getting old. Better let go of his movie career while he's still welcomed and concentrate on his political career. Don't want to see him doing what his action hero compatriot Stallone doing, and keep doing T4, T5, T6, T7...

Furthermore, the story of the human uprising against the machines is more exciting and less predictable. With Christian Bale onboard, it's just going to be much more intense, I hope.
TSfiredauz
post Mar 2 2008, 09:52 AM

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

Christian Bale = John Connor.
Christian Bale = Batman.
Christian Bale = Solid Snake.

Christian Bale should slow down abit from taking all the awesome characters laugh.gif
Other actors got no chance tongue.gif
mitodna
post Mar 2 2008, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
All Stars
14,033 posts

QUOTE(firedauz @ Mar 2 2008, 09:52 AM)
Christian Bale = John Connor.
Christian Bale = Batman.
Christian Bale = Solid Snake.

Christian Bale should slow down abit from taking all the awesome characters laugh.gif
Other actors got no chance tongue.gif
no need to slow down la,

other action movies star like Shia LaBeouf is too young, haha, Tom Cruise is too old, keke
RoxyGal
post Mar 2 2008, 01:41 PM

٩͡[๏̯͡๏]۶ Im roxygal ٩͡[๏̯͡๏]۶
1,031 posts

make the rock to be a terminator

do u smell what the rock is cooking.........
TSfiredauz
post Mar 2 2008, 02:58 PM

876 posts

QUOTE(RoxyGal @ Mar 2 2008, 01:41 PM)
make the rock to be a terminator

do u smell what the rock is cooking.........
Dwayne Johnson had already dropped his "The Rock" alter ego as he slims down and turns his attention to comedies tongue.gif

Source --> http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798168...egoryid=13&cs=1

Now upcoming WWE superstars are ready to take the silver screen like John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, heck even Kane biggrin.gif
themanwithnoname
post Mar 2 2008, 03:15 PM

╭∩╮(︶ε︶メ)╭∩╮
1,099 posts

Arnold Schwarzenegger = Terminator thumbup.gif
Chris Tucker = Terminator doh.gif
Dwayne Johnson = Terminator shakehead.gif
Hugo Weaving = Terminator shakehead.gif , Agent Smith = Good
Sylvester Stallone = Terminator = doh.gif , John Rambo = Good
Robert Patrick = T1000 thumbup.gif
Kristanna Loken = Tx / Summer Glau = Terminator Cameron brows.gif
Linda Hamilton = Sarah Connor thumbup.gif
Lena Headey = Sarah Connor nod.gif Best Sarah Connor ever..
Christian Bale = John Connor peace:
Shia Labeouf = John Connor sweat.gif
Edward Furlong = John Connor thumbup.gif
Nick Stahl = John Connor nod.gif
Thomas Dekker = John Connor nod.gif
Katherine Brewster = Claire Danes nod.gif
Earl Boen = Dr. Peter Silberman thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
Michael Biehn = Kyle Reese thumbup.gif
Jonathan Jackson = Kyle Reese thumbup.gif
Brian Austin Green = Derek thumbup.gif

incognito
post Mar 3 2008, 02:11 PM

i've got a hunger, twisting my stomach into knots
2,402 posts

QUOTE(ifer @ Mar 1 2008, 11:52 PM)
i want edward furlong to be back as john connor!
you want this overweight pot-smoking washed-out dude to become john connor again?:
user posted image

not me shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by incognito: Mar 3 2008, 02:13 PM
TSfiredauz
post Mar 3 2008, 05:04 PM

876 posts

Source --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Furlong#Personal_life
Furlong was reportedly not asked to reprise his role as John Connor in the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines sequel due to a substance abuse problem. In a 2006 interview, Furlong acknowledged struggling with cocaine and heroin addiction earlier in his career, but stated he had been sober for four years.

Drugs got to him faster than any Terminator.

... and that is how John Connor died in Terminator Salvation, kids.... drug overdose, stabbed to his heart by the Terminator laugh.gif
SUSHITMAN316
post Mar 3 2008, 10:21 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

I only like the Terminator movies directed by James Cameron himself. Sadly he is done with the Terminator series. And now it is going to be directed by McG? Who is he anyway? Let hope that he doesn't ruin the Terminator franchise.

Christian Bale as John Connor? Fine, he is a great actor.

When will John Connor meet his own dad? I am looking forward to see it.
dstl1128
post Mar 3 2008, 10:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(HITMAN316 @ Mar 3 2008, 10:21 PM)
I only like the Terminator movies directed by James Cameron himself. Sadly he is done with the Terminator series. And now it is going to be directed by McG? Who is he anyway? Let hope that he doesn't ruin the Terminator franchise.

Might be in Terminator V where John Connor time travel back to look for Michael Biehn for some secret to win Skynet before he die in the explosion. tongue.gif Meanwhile T-X II will be sent to kill Biehn before the secret is passed on... played by Angelina Jolie. tongue.gif

TSfiredauz
post Mar 4 2008, 12:51 AM

876 posts

QUOTE(HITMAN316 @ Mar 3 2008, 10:21 PM)

By right, as far as the movie storyline goes:

- John Connor causes so much havoc for Skynet, and Skynet fails to kill him.
- Skynet's solution is to send a Terminator back through time to kill Sarah Connor.
- John Connor knows of this plot, decides to send one of his best man, Kyle Reese, through time to stop that Terminator.
- Both John Connor and Skynet never knew who is the father of John Connor, neither did John himself when he first saw Kyle before he send him through time.
SUSradical85
post Mar 4 2008, 02:39 PM

lalala~~
625 posts

QUOTE(incognito @ Mar 3 2008, 02:11 PM)
you want this overweight pot-smoking washed-out dude to become john connor again?:
user posted image

not me  shakehead.gif
he suits the description of "john connor in his 30s" though.... lol
TSfiredauz
post Mar 19 2008, 03:01 PM

876 posts

Hey guys.

Meet Anton Yelchin.

He's T4's Kyle Reese biggrin.gif

user posted image

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...982de057e9344ff

Btw, the name "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" is not the confirmed movie name, probably had dropped it by now.
The real one is to be announce soon, with rumor saying that it'll be entitled Terminator: The Return of the Terminator, but for now, I'll just stick to this till the official announcement laugh.gif
Source: http://chud.com/articles/articles/13978/1/...TION/Page1.html
Evangelistica
post Mar 19 2008, 05:16 PM

Casual
382 posts

Christian Bale to me is a damn good actor. Whoever mocked him should watch his acting is various movies 1st. From heroic moody Batman to psycopath, he's done it all..
Plant
post Mar 19 2008, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

Huh?

Aren't John Connor suppose to be dead in the future? and future arnold killed him due to emotional feeling John Connor had when he first meet Arno in T2. Actually i like T3, first i watched it i don't really like it but when i watched 2-3 time due to HBO repeat scheclude and i have nothing to do so i watch it over and over again. I notice alot of plot inside T3 movies. I hope T4 will explain all my question biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Plant: Mar 19 2008, 05:58 PM
TSfiredauz
post Mar 19 2008, 06:07 PM

876 posts

QUOTE(Plant @ Mar 19 2008, 05:58 PM)
Huh?

Aren't John Connor suppose to be dead in the future? and future arnold killed him due to emotional feeling John Connor had when he first meet Arno in T2. Actually i like T3, first i watched it i don't really like it but when i watched 2-3 time due to HBO repeat scheclude and i have nothing to do so i watch it over and over again. I notice alot of plot inside T3 movies. I hope T4 will explain all my question biggrin.gif
I'm guessing this is the movie where it is before he was killed, with enough time to send Kyle Reese back through time.

Perhaps this movie will not be the end of the Terminator franchise, as it had yet to explained the HOW time travel was possible, and that how 2 sides of the war are able to get the technology to send people/terminators back through time. Maybe its possible for the Terminator sides since they are the machines after all.
ulwan25
post May 1 2008, 05:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,054 posts

wow, so great to discuss here. its soo disappointed not discussin' the "i'll be back" line will back to the movie. huhu

and, Sarah Connor Chronicles tv shows is in great reviews these days. i just hope, the release date will be postponed to 2010. i like to see connections between the tv series and their movies.

and, wasn't TSCC is ignorings T3 timeline? so, i am very afraid if McG is putar beliting the movie and Sarah Connor Chronicles. owh, the Terminator franchise is really good but, to be spoil by him!
TSfiredauz
post May 6 2008, 02:15 PM

876 posts

Sauce: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798514...egoryid=13&cs=1

Common thread in 'Terminator' film

user posted image

Rapper Common has signed on to co-star in "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" for Halcyon Pictures.

Christian Bale and Sam Worthington have already boarded the project, which will be distributed by Warner Bros. domestically. Sony will release the film in most foreign territories.

Story centers on John Connor (Bale), now in his 30s, who leads what is left of the human race in a battle against the machines.  Common will play a freedom fighter and member of Connor's inner circle.

McG will direct from a script by John D. Brancato & Michael Ferris and Paul Haggis.

Dan Lin, Mortiz Borman, Victor Kubicek, Jeff Silver, Derek Anderson and Jeanne Allgood are producing the film, which will bow May 22, 2009.

Common can next be seen onscreen in "Wanted," starring Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman and James McAvoy. Later this summer, he is set to release his eighth album, "Invincible Summer."

Ninja
post May 6 2008, 02:58 PM

[PBMY]™ Supreme Commander
Group Icon
VIP
1,764 posts

This is the same dude in Street King, right?
TSfiredauz
post May 6 2008, 03:14 PM

876 posts

QUOTE(Ninja @ May 6 2008, 02:58 PM)
This is the same dude in Street King, right?
Yup, and also in the upcoming Wanted movie biggrin.gif --> http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/648384

65 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0271sec    0.92    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:38 PM