Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

63 Pages « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Please Recommend... a 2.1 or 5.1 speaker set V6,, Comparison and Advice (PC Audio)

views

FunkyBass
post May 4 2019, 11:47 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

Hi all

Which speaker are better between
Edifier C3X and Logitech Z625

I want use it for Movie and Music

My budget RM600

snowcrash
post May 9 2019, 10:13 AM

Mortal Sword
653 posts

My Klipsch 2.1 sub giving problems (lots of hissing and popping at deeper bass moments), so looking to replace.

Any opinions on Edifier R2000DB vs Logitech Z625? Mainly for movies, and gaming
jonralf
post May 10 2019, 05:06 PM

Hikki
787 posts

Hi all,

i'm looking for a space saving speaker. currently using Creative Gigawork T40 but I need small satellite for my setup. I loved the sound from the T40 but would love a little bit boost on the bass department.

currently looking at Creative Katana or Aego M. i've never listen to both of them but Katana is much more feature packed but quite skeptical for soundbar layout. Aego M cons because the volume control is on the subwoofer unit but was recommended by my audiophile friend.

any recommendation (price ranging rm500 - rm1k) is much appreciated.
requirement: space saving (small satellite or soundbar)

thanks wink.gif
power911
post May 10 2019, 09:32 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,093 posts

QUOTE(Iscream @ Apr 18 2019, 11:09 PM)
Hi,

Looking for a 2.1 speaker for desktop. Mainly for music, movie and gaming.

Budget around 100 - 200.

Thanks.
Small budget ey

I can vouch for
Edifier M1360
Edifier XM2BT
Creative SBS A250

QUOTE(FunkyBass @ May 4 2019, 12:47 PM)
Hi all

Which speaker are better between
Edifier C3X and Logitech Z625

I want use it for Movie and Music

My budget RM600
Edifier C3X has slight harsh trebles and tame bass but overall a balanced cold sound that fits both tv and pc use. An easy recommendation for people who don't know what to expect
Logitech Z625 works best close range due to its very warm and boomy sound. It sounded a tad digital when you use optical but when analog it is it's original nature boomy sound.
Great loud bass but not tight. Overall a good setup for close up use if you are going for it. I vouch for Logitech Z623 for a more natural sound if you don't need the digital inputs. The trebles are smoother on the Z623 vs Z625

As to which one is better you as a buyer will have to decide on your needs. Both are good speakers that will last when it comes to build quality.

QUOTE(snowcrash @ May 9 2019, 11:13 AM)
My Klipsch 2.1 sub giving problems (lots of hissing and popping at deeper bass moments), so looking to replace.

Any opinions on Edifier R2000DB vs Logitech Z625? Mainly for movies, and gaming
Edifier R2000DB is a very good speaker for clean sound. You might not get deep shaking bass compared to Logitech Z625 but R2000DB packs tight punchy up to your face bass.
Logitech Z625 is a good speaker but I find it boomy and requires a nice soundproof room to experience its full potential. Z625 as it is is just too demanding and will always sound boomy even if you crank down the bass.

If I were to suggest which is better, I would ask you to save some bucks and try to find a place that can repair your Klipsch 2.1. At least that bass sounds tighter than Z625

QUOTE(jonralf @ May 10 2019, 06:06 PM)
Hi all,

i'm looking for a space saving speaker. currently using Creative Gigawork T40 but I need small satellite for my setup. I loved the sound from the T40 but would love a little bit boost on the bass department.

currently looking at Creative Katana or Aego M. i've never listen to both of them but Katana is much more feature packed but quite skeptical for soundbar layout. Aego M cons because the volume control is on the subwoofer unit but was recommended by my audiophile friend. 

thanks wink.gif
I was going to recommend you Audioengine A2+ or Kanto YU2 but looking at your budget I apologize for not noticing.
Edifier S880DB is a tad too big for you since you can't fit the legendary T40

Aego M is a very good choice and if you are ok with online shopping there's always a choice of buying separate volume control to be placed on table before going into your aego m
But knowing Aego M is an old unit, doubt you'll get one new now. They've been replaced with Aego 3 iirc

How about the Presonus Eris E3.5?
Its about Rm600-700 I think and its a pair of sterile sounding studio monitors.

There's also the Mackie CR3 which cost about the same budget if you are willing to go even more sterile studio sounds.

I am no fan of Behringer but the Studio 50 is slightly larger and has USB DAC built in for less cables if that's convenient for you

Edifier
post May 11 2019, 11:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
6,865 posts

QUOTE(jonralf @ May 10 2019, 05:06 PM)
Hi all,

thanks wink.gif
We will launch the G7000 soon.

user posted image
monkey8113
post May 15 2019, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Hi, i was looking for recommendation for a 2.0 bookshelves speaker with with budget preferably under 1k.

Previously, i was eyeing on the klipsch pro media 2.1

but i was told that any 2.0 bookshelves speaker with possibly a subwoofer unit would blow the klipsch out of the window.
Really the use is mainly for youtube, music, and gaming. Dont need very strong bass that will shatter my house but prefer tight accurate bass, which would probably depends on the subwoofer if i decided i really need one later on.

i saw a comparison of behringer studio 50usb vs Jbl lsr305p. of course the jbl sound fuller but behringer doesn't sound half bad for half the price.

Or would i be better off with klipsch if budget under 1k? Since bookshelves speaker are honestly... large..

I also noticed that the behringer or jbl speaker doesnt really have sub output, how do they got connected to a subwoofer if needed?

Btw, my previous pc speaker is edifier m3300sf, served me well for a very looong time. Still works somehow but i was looking to up my listening experience . and the low volume performance for this is bad. in low volume, the details is lost and left speaker muted somehow while right speaker still producing sound.

This post has been edited by monkey8113: May 15 2019, 08:58 PM
power911
post May 15 2019, 09:17 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,093 posts

QUOTE(monkey8113 @ May 15 2019, 09:53 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I belive you saw the digital stereophony comparison there. brows.gif

Klipsch promedia 2.1 is an okay setup if you are happy with the sound. I'd go with brighter sounding setups from Edifier if I were to choose. (perhaps the C3X, S530D, S350DB)
But if tight bass then nothing beats a pair of dedicated bookshelves. (like the R2000DB or if can the S1000DB for speakers that I can easily recommend)
The Behringers are a decent pair if you are good with studio flat sounding speakers

None of the ones I listed are any bassier than the promedia 2.1 as that has more headroom in bass volume but I always find the promedia subwoofer sounded like trying too hard to produce volumes it couldn't do. Tons of port chuffing on heavy bass and pushing the volume a tad more than nominal and you can hear it distort before any solid bass is produced. Afterall I find the overall setup of Promedia 2.1 very dark and muted in the highs.

As to how are you going to pair a subwoofer in the future? I do have a method that might cost a lil more money.
I bought a dedicated DAC usb soundcard amp that has a volume control to control my master, split the output and send one to the sub and one to the fullranges.
I'll get the volume balanced out between my sub and fullrange and ignore both sub and fullrange volume and only using my DAC to control the volume.
If you're going through a PC and your keyboard has multimedia volume control, those works too. It'll save you some bucks
I'm using a Gigabyte K6800 keyboard with a rotary volume control for fast volume up downs

Depending on the subwoofer you purchase, some has an rca stereo line out bypass where you can chain your subs in between. Like DAC>subwoofer>fullrange
A much cleaner and better setup I'd say.

This post has been edited by power911: May 15 2019, 09:21 PM
monkey8113
post May 15 2019, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ May 15 2019, 09:17 PM)
I belive you saw the digital stereophony comparison there. brows.gif

Klipsch promedia 2.1 is an okay setup if you are happy with the sound. I'd go with brighter sounding setups from Edifier if I were to choose. (perhaps the C3X, S530D, S350DB)
But if tight bass then nothing beats a pair of dedicated bookshelves. (like the R2000DB or if can the S1000DB for speakers that I can easily recommend)
The Behringers are a decent pair if you are good with studio flat sounding speakers

None of the ones I listed are any bassier than the promedia 2.1 as that has more headroom in bass volume but I always find the promedia subwoofer sounded like trying too hard to produce volumes it couldn't do. Tons of port chuffing on heavy bass and pushing the volume a tad more than nominal and you can hear it distort before any solid bass is produced. Afterall I find the overall setup of Promedia 2.1 very dark and muted in the highs.

As to how are you going to pair a subwoofer in the future? I do have a method that might cost a lil more money.
I bought a dedicated DAC usb soundcard amp that has a volume control to control my master, split the output and send one to the sub and one to the fullranges.
I'll get the volume balanced out between my sub and fullrange and ignore both sub and fullrange volume and only using my DAC to control the volume.
If you're going through a PC and your keyboard has multimedia volume control, those works too. It'll save you some bucks
I'm using a Gigabyte K6800 keyboard with a rotary volume control for fast volume up downs

Depending on the subwoofer you purchase, some has an rca stereo line out bypass where you can chain your subs in between. Like DAC>subwoofer>fullrange
A much cleaner and better setup I'd say.
I do have a fiio e10k that im currently using for my headphone and speaker. Also logitech g613 keyboard, with build in volume control, not as elegant as knob but it works
lightonokira
post May 16 2019, 02:25 AM

Enthusiast
752 posts

Looking for a good pair of speaker for use with a PC for gaming, music and movies.

I'm looking for something that I can use at a low-moderate volume but still be able to enjoy a good sound

Budget is <1k.

I'm not a bass head but I'd like a decent bass just to make the sound more full and complete.
Edifier
post May 16 2019, 03:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
6,865 posts

QUOTE(lightonokira @ May 16 2019, 02:25 AM)
Looking for a good pair of speaker for use with a PC for gaming, music and movies.

I'm looking for something that I can use at a low-moderate volume but still be able to enjoy a good sound

Budget is <1k.

I'm not a bass head but I'd like a decent bass just to make the sound more full and complete.
For RM1k budget, i will recommend you give Edifier S350DB a try.
deadboy 164
post May 20 2019, 12:17 AM

On my way
578 posts

Need recommendation

Purpose: Movie
Budget: 500 or 1000
5.1 speaker

I downloaded some 4k movie and watch with my TV. When talking, the volume is low, but when fighting, the volume is high.
voscar
post May 20 2019, 01:31 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(deadboy 164 @ May 20 2019, 12:17 AM)
Need recommendation

Purpose: Movie
Budget: 500 or 1000
5.1 speaker

I downloaded some 4k movie and watch with my TV. When talking, the volume is low, but when fighting, the volume is high.
Cheap workaround:
1. Some TV have Intelligent Volume option, such as Sony TV. This normalize the perceived difference between loudest and lowest volume.
2. If don't have option 1, connect laptop to TV using HDMI, on Windows there's option "Loudness Equalization", enable that and set the delay time something to minimum. Play movie using Media Player Classic Home Cinema, enable Dynamic Range Compression.

I've been using these with satisfactory.

This post has been edited by voscar: May 20 2019, 01:35 PM
fitmos
post May 21 2019, 05:50 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ May 16 2019, 03:14 PM)
For RM1k budget, i will recommend you give Edifier S350DB a try.
Budget: RM 1.5k+/-
Purpose: PC used - gaming, music, movie
Remark:
1. Not bass enthusiast, decent bass is enough
2. Long hours usage ( don't fatigue my ears )

actually I am considering between s360db and s70db
I just wonder which should be better for pc used?
:+:[J]erR[y]:+:
post May 21 2019, 09:32 AM

On my way learning
1,030 posts

QUOTE(fitmos @ May 21 2019, 05:50 AM)
Remark:

Can check out Aego M too! And also Swan/Hivi speaker
Edifier
post May 22 2019, 11:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
6,865 posts

QUOTE(fitmos @ May 21 2019, 05:50 AM)
Remark:

For PC, i will recommend you give S360DB a try.

amerz
post May 24 2019, 03:53 AM

Casual
497 posts

Need recommendation on 2.0 computer speaker.
Budget : RM500 - RM800
Sound Signature : Warmth
Purpose: Music

Please advise dear sifu

This post has been edited by amerz: May 25 2019, 05:25 AM
deadboy 164
post May 24 2019, 10:43 AM

On my way
578 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ May 20 2019, 01:31 PM)
Cheap workaround:
1. Some TV have Intelligent Volume option, such as Sony TV. This normalize the perceived difference between loudest and lowest volume.
2. If don't have option 1, connect laptop to TV using HDMI, on Windows there's option "Loudness Equalization", enable that and set the delay time something to minimum. Play movie using Media Player Classic Home Cinema, enable Dynamic Range Compression.

I've been using these with satisfactory.
Thanks for the information! Appreciate it.
amduser
post May 25 2019, 01:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,325 posts

i'm currently using a HCS 2330, serve me well for few years, if i'm looking to upgrade, which model should i look at? i'm mainly using it for movies and gaming, budget around 500+

i wonder if i should go for 5.1, but the wiring work seems like a pain
Edifier
post May 30 2019, 07:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
6,865 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ May 25 2019, 01:24 AM)
i'm currently using a HCS 2330, serve me well for few years, if i'm looking to upgrade, which model should i look at? i'm mainly using it for movies and gaming, budget around 500+

i wonder if i should go for 5.1, but the wiring work seems like a pain
For RM500, you can give Edifier C3X a try.

Deravis
post Jun 16 2019, 03:18 PM

2 posts

Looking for a budget system for the PC
Setup : 2.0 or 2.1 is fine
Size: limited space
Budget: RM250 - 350
Requirements: Bluetooth recommended
Models looking at: Logitech Z337 or Edifier R1280T

63 Pages « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version