Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

97 Pages « < 54 55 56 57 58 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PC Audio Please Recommend... a 2.1 or 5.1 speaker set V6,, Comparison and Advice

views

Nairdamil
post Jan 20 2019, 09:56 PM

Casual
378 posts

ops...just notice is 5.1...would prefer 2.0 or 2.1 only bro...
Leopardi
post Jan 21 2019, 01:04 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Jan 20 2019, 03:44 PM)
I couldn't really justify it an an upgrade as I've used both. In technology wise yes. Sound? Maybe? I like both.

It does pack new tech in it so there are practical upgrades like a more power efficient amp design and various connectivity functions. Great for people like me who leave the speakers on while away.
The amp stayed cool when played long periods while S530D large heatsink can get pretty warm on small rooms. But I guess you are curious bout the sound.

S530D is more forgiving and relaxed with the source while the S350DB clarity is so clean it could get youtube or low quality files sounds harsh too.

I agree that S530D trebles are very harsh no matter what volume I put. The new S350DB is quite airy and bright if compared side by side. It makes the oldie S530D trebles sound like cardboard speakers which also translates S350DB colder sound signature vs S530D warmer tones.

Given that you use it mainly on low volumes, the S350DB is definitely working good for you if you go for it. In terms of loudness I'd say S530D is more pleasant in large volumes.

Those are my personal opinions when I get to test both systems side by side at home icon_rolleyes.gif
Interesting you say it's colder, I read a comment it should be warmer. Does the treble sound less harsh even though it's colder signature?

Clarity on the sound source sounds good to me, I'm picking up a Soundblaster AE-5 tomorrow tongue.gif
power911
post Jan 21 2019, 02:22 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(Leopardi @ Jan 21 2019, 02:04 AM)
Interesting you say it's colder, I read a comment it should be warmer. Does the treble sound less harsh even though it's colder signature?

Clarity on the sound source sounds good to me, I'm picking up a Soundblaster AE-5 tomorrow  tongue.gif
the S350DB is definitely cold no matter what setting you put when compared to S530D haha.
Extra obvious when you get to put them side by side cool2.gif
Because I felt that S350DB has better extension on the highs and the subs hits lower notes, it makes the whole middle range sunken.
Use both on nominal tone (0 treble 0 bass) and you can still feel the S350DB airyness of the highs with very subby lows with the subwoofer giving zero interference on vocals while the S530D feels very midrangey especially male vocals will interrupt the subwofer for extra warmth. But thanks to S350DB good crossover things were very clear in vocals.

Not sure what's your definition of harsh. In my case if the tweeter doesn't extend high enough to the teeny ringy ultrasonic range then it'll be harsh. Call it walkie talkie style trebles.
Quite common problem especially on Pro audio PA speakers for large halls. They have like 3" paper cone tweeters on piezo drivers and they cannot reach the bright airy sound.
Usually in PA Speakers I had to EQ the 18kHz and 20kHz to regain the airy brightness. (Now coins and keys will sound real thanks to the tweeters)

S530D sounds harsh because the tweeters are quite into the midrange so it kinda hit the 4-6kHz range which reminds me of the famous Yamaha NS10 harsh cone tweeters.
S350DB however reaches the very high highs (and even more if you turn the treble up) which can get real sharp. Tweak to your taste and you can avoid loud trebles but like I said, they are quite accurate to source so if you have poor source it'll translate very direct.

Nice to know you're getting a soundblaster ae-5. I'm pretty sure any pair of speakers would do good to you notworthy.gif
Leopardi
post Jan 21 2019, 09:16 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Jan 21 2019, 08:22 AM)
the S350DB is definitely cold no matter what setting you put when compared to S530D haha.
Extra obvious when you get to put them side by side cool2.gif
Because I felt that S350DB has better extension on the highs and the subs hits lower notes, it makes the whole middle range sunken.
Use both on nominal tone (0 treble 0 bass) and you can still feel the S350DB airyness of the highs with very subby lows with the subwoofer giving zero interference on vocals while the S530D feels very midrangey especially male vocals will interrupt the subwofer for extra warmth. But thanks to S350DB good crossover things were very clear in vocals.
Not sure what's your definition of harsh. In my case if the tweeter doesn't extend high enough to the teeny ringy ultrasonic range then it'll be harsh. Call it walkie talkie style trebles.
Quite common problem especially on Pro audio PA speakers for large halls. They have like 3" paper cone tweeters on piezo drivers and they cannot reach the bright airy sound.
Usually in PA Speakers I had to EQ the 18kHz and 20kHz to regain the airy brightness. (Now coins and keys will sound real thanks to the tweeters)

S530D sounds harsh because the tweeters are quite into the midrange so it kinda hit the 4-6kHz range which reminds me of the famous Yamaha NS10 harsh cone tweeters.
S350DB however reaches the very high highs (and even more if you turn the treble up) which can get real sharp. Tweak to your taste and you can avoid loud trebles but like I said, they are quite accurate to source so if you have poor source it'll translate very direct.
Nice to know you're getting a soundblaster ae-5. I'm pretty sure any pair of speakers would do good to you notworthy.gif
I don't have enough experience on speakers to pinpoint the reason which gives harsh trebles to me... I can only say that the Creative T40 II trebles felt nice and warm for me, as well as the satellites on the old Logitech X-230 2.1 set.

My brother has these dedicated tweeters in his car - they clearly go high and have awesome detail separation there, but at the same time are non-fatiguing (I guess you could call it "airy") to my ears. Sounds great. Do you think the S350DB would have that kind of effect?
power911
post Jan 21 2019, 09:31 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(Leopardi @ Jan 21 2019, 10:16 PM)
I don't have enough experience on speakers to pinpoint the reason which gives harsh trebles to me... I can only say that the Creative T40 II trebles felt nice and warm for me, as well as the satellites on the old Logitech X-230 2.1 set.

My brother has these dedicated tweeters in his car - they clearly go high and have awesome detail separation there, but at the same time are non-fatiguing (I guess you could call it "airy") to my ears. Sounds great. Do you think the S350DB would have that kind of effect?
Probably yes if you crank the trebles high enough. So far the new S series by Edifier all are able to sound very crisp and high.
S1000DB, S2000PRO, S350DB and the S360DB all able to extend really high.
Nairdamil
post Jan 22 2019, 12:49 AM

Casual
378 posts

just want to ask...if S2000pro and S350db...for watching tv show... would the bass be significant?? or i can just rely on s2000pro bass...now dilemma...and alor setar dont have shop which can demo...have to go down kl by this end of the month to demo...
Leopardi
post Jan 22 2019, 02:49 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Jan 21 2019, 03:31 PM)
Probably yes if you crank the trebles high enough. So far the new S series by Edifier all are able to sound very crisp and high.
S1000DB, S2000PRO, S350DB and the S360DB all able to extend really high.
Yeah well, it's not like there is any higher end 2.1 option designed for PC use out there, so I guess I will try and find out. Always can return if it doesn't feel better compared to the S530D.

I've also found myself EQ'ing down the higher ~125Hz bass area since it feels somehow "boosted" as well, that's another area that could potentially feel better with the S350DB.

This post has been edited by Leopardi: Jan 22 2019, 02:51 AM
power911
post Jan 22 2019, 11:15 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(Nairdamil @ Jan 22 2019, 01:49 AM)
just want to ask...if S2000pro and S350db...for watching tv show... would the bass be significant?? or i can just rely on s2000pro bass...now dilemma...and alor setar dont have shop which can demo...have to go down kl by this end of the month to demo...
I find the bass more natural on the S2000pro as it doesn't feel "Separated"

S350DB is pretty fair in its crossover so it sounds good unless you bass boost max subwoofer volume then it sounds a little trying too hard laugh.gif
It's powerfull bass though icon_rolleyes.gif
Nairdamil
post Jan 23 2019, 09:49 PM

Casual
378 posts

hi @power911,

So u would suggest me to get the S2000pro instead of S350b?? anywhere i can demo S2000pro in Selangor? am going down next week for chinese new year reunion..thought of going for demo
power911
post Jan 23 2019, 10:31 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(Nairdamil @ Jan 23 2019, 10:49 PM)
hi @power911,

So u would suggest me to get the S2000pro instead of S350b?? anywhere i can demo S2000pro in Selangor? am going down next week for chinese new year reunion..thought of going for demo
Don't think there's any place I know of can test these.
I only know Viewnet @ Lowyat Plaza has em.

Both are good for TV but if you are like me who prioritize vocals over bass then S2000Pro anytime. You can go with S1000DB also if you wanna save a lil.
I find that watching TV with subwoofer is extremely annoying when commercials kick in and blast the whole room with noisy bass.
Unless you're an android tv box guy who only use netflix then it's fine. laugh.gif
xXwasabiXx
post Jan 27 2019, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

looking for either soundbar or bookshelf speaker. (which better)?

usage for TV - netflix / ps4 / music
budget:1k plus minus
killdavid
post Jan 28 2019, 02:38 PM

Senior Satire Officer
1,559 posts

QUOTE(xXwasabiXx @ Jan 27 2019, 05:14 PM)

Of course bookshelf much better. Soundbar only viable if you have restrictions like space and budget. A proper bookshelf is really a sound investment if you appreciate audio. Soundbar only to enhance your viewing experience.
Edifier
post Jan 29 2019, 10:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,537 posts

QUOTE(xXwasabiXx @ Jan 27 2019, 05:14 PM)

For RM1k budget, i will recommend you give S1000DB a try.

polarzbearz
post Jan 30 2019, 12:41 PM

Hello World
4,697 posts

Hi all, would like a recommendation for 2.0 bookshelf speakers (without separate subwoofer to save space).

Mainly use for TV or PC, bare requirements is to sound better than TV itself / soundbar.

Planning 2 sets, one for living room (approx. 12.45m2 area) and another one for my bedroom (approx. 11.44m2 area)

Prefer clarity over bass, budget around rm300-400 per set but willing to top up if its worth it. Bluetooth functionality is welcomed (Spotify via phone)

Is edifier the best option for now? Which the best option for now for living room TV / room PC?

Only planning to get the speakers without other hardware add ons. Is 2.0 still suitable for my needs?

This post has been edited by polarzbearz: Jan 30 2019, 01:10 PM
power911
post Jan 30 2019, 09:00 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(polarzbearz @ Jan 30 2019, 01:41 PM)
Hi all, would like a recommendation for 2.0 bookshelf speakers (without separate subwoofer to save space).

Mainly use for TV or PC, bare requirements is to sound better than TV itself / soundbar.

Planning 2 sets, one for living room (approx. 12.45m2 area) and another one for my bedroom (approx. 11.44m2 area)

Prefer clarity over bass, budget around rm300-400 per set but willing to top up if its worth it. Bluetooth functionality is welcomed (Spotify via phone)

Is edifier the best option for now? Which the best option for now for living room TV / room PC?

Only planning to get the speakers without other hardware add ons. Is 2.0 still suitable for my needs?
with rm400 edifier is the only one stop solution you can get. R1700BT. I didn't even consider researching and reccomended you Edifier blindly as it is an easy working solution with promised performance. (Sounds like I'm hardselling Edifier) doh.gif
You can gamble online purchases with Nobsound bookshelves but those needed separate amp which adds to your budget.

polarzbearz
post Jan 30 2019, 11:04 PM

Hello World
4,697 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Jan 30 2019, 09:00 PM)
with rm400 edifier is the only one stop solution you can get. R1700BT. I didn't even consider researching and reccomended you Edifier blindly as it is an easy working solution with promised performance. (Sounds like I'm hardselling Edifier) doh.gif
You can gamble online purchases with Nobsound bookshelves but those needed separate amp which adds to your budget.
Thanks for the suggestion!

For PC, would XM6BT be a good candidate given its lower price point (altho it's 2.1 but still manageable for me, I'm currently using oldskool Blue Thunder 3)

As for living room, how does R1700BT fare against say R1850DB?
power911
post Jan 31 2019, 09:57 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(polarzbearz @ Jan 31 2019, 12:04 AM)

For PC, would XM6BT be a good candidate given its lower price point (altho it's 2.1 but still manageable for me, I'm currently using oldskool Blue Thunder 3)

xm6bt would be a cleaner sounding unit vs your blue thunder 3 subwoofer iirc. Other than that I can't really remember how XM6bt sounds

I have never tested the R1850DB personally but I asssume other than better bluetooth, they both should perform very good

:+:[J]erR[y]:+:
post Feb 1 2019, 10:16 AM

On my way learning
1,108 posts

QUOTE(polarzbearz @ Jan 30 2019, 11:04 PM)

Try Hivi speakers
https://shopee.com.my/HiVi-M20W-2.1-Black-W...71229.545173118
https://shopee.com.my/HiVi-D1080MKII-i.33371229.545189183
I have a Hivi M10, it is cheap RM300 and good enough for music and movie smile.gif
sixshot
post Feb 1 2019, 01:26 PM

Casual
452 posts

what's the best bang for buck speaker. budget rm300.

mainly for music listening. gaming occasionally
lalamon
post Feb 1 2019, 07:21 PM

3 posts

Hi, everyone.

Would like to know what is the difference between a 2.0 bookshelf speaker(S880DB) and 2.1 speaker (S350DB)?

I far as I know one is 2.1 with subwoofer and one is 2.0.

Anyone can share with me what are the difference in term of sound quality?

Thanks ya.

97 Pages « < 54 55 56 57 58 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0260sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:54 PM