7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

voscar
post Apr 8 2017, 10:13 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

want to ask, recently my living room old aircond thermostat stopping easily (temp set 18'c still off within 30 mins)... quite irritating on hot day but compressor usually will back in 5 mins.

so today i open up the indoor unit cover, spraying soap water and brush cleaning the cooling coil. saw the thermo-sensor which sticking to cooling coil, i moved it to the sensor housing plastic (means no longer sticker to cooling coil). My objective is to prevent the compressor stopping so frequently.

Now, the compressor moving constantly (a good sign which i wanted), but the aircond fan blow slower after 30 mins of operating. I need to switch it to Fan mode, wait 5 mins, then switch back again to Cool mode.

I guess the cooling coil might be iced-up. Thought of dirty cooling coil, but I already clean-up. Any idea why it happen like this?

This post has been edited by voscar: Apr 8 2017, 10:15 PM
voscar
post Dec 3 2017, 09:18 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

Hi All, anyone can intro good aircond technician that can do power board repairing? my old toshiba aircond having difficulty everytime turning-on. the LED indicator blinking fast, press remote control it has no response. i managed to turn it on everytime by switching the main power on-off numerous time.
i'm staying in subang area, thanks.
voscar
post Dec 5 2017, 07:17 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

halcyon27 boss, do you have any good aircond mechanic that can repair power unit board? please recommend me if you know any, thanks.
voscar
post Dec 7 2017, 12:20 AM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Dec 5 2017, 08:09 PM)
They normally don't do that. What your looking for is a guy who knows how to read the schematics of the board and find out what part to repair? Isn't there a guy that does that in Pasar road in the ceiling fan thread? Can head over there to check.
Oh, i don't know about that. which shop in Pasar Road can introduce me? I seldom went there so not really familiar, thanks.
voscar
post Dec 7 2017, 09:36 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Dec 7 2017, 07:44 AM)
Normally this kind of issue should call Toshiba technician to troubleshoot. If the remote not responsive is either IR remote side or IR receiver side our something else in between. The fact that the AC blink perhaps they have troubleshooting guide in the manual to inform you what to do.

Right now, I'm assuming the remote is faulty from what you described and I could be wrong. It possibly could be something else. The link is here but this is only to repair a fan pcb board. I dont know if that applies to AC Remote. What if you get a universal remote and see if it's the original remote problem first. Or test the remote on another Toshiba AC in the house to determine if it's actually the problem.
hmmm, it's not remote controller issue. The aircond LED is often fast-blinking by itself without our intervention. When it fast-blinking, we will not able to turn on through remote, need to off main switch, on back, most of the time need many attempts until it blinking slowly only we able turn it on.
the toshiba model is prior carrier aircond, maybe before 2000, so i doubt toshiba technician would entertain as my previous newer model they not helping (which i later change to this used older model). i suppose it should be straightforward pcb design so looking some electronic technician can help to diagnose...
voscar
post Aug 12 2018, 10:15 AM

Regular
1,281 posts

Hi all sifu, recently surveying aircond for my living room, roughly about 600sqft. Currently on legacy 1.5hp aircond with mixed compressor and indoor unit brand (replaced indoor twice with used unit). Daily operation about 3-4 hour. My electric bill around RM100-150 varies.

I found nowadays 1.0hp inverter aircond boasting maximum 1200 BTU/hr, that's about the same with my current 1.5hp unit which about 1200-1300 BTU/hr.

My thought of using 1.0hp inverter aircond may save a lot of electricity bill although it may run consistently at max BTU/hr trying to cool down the living room, is that true? I hoping a saving of RM20-30 per month, possible? Please advice.
voscar
post Aug 17 2018, 11:37 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Aug 17 2018, 10:29 PM)
If the A/C use less than 4 hours, definitely don't need inverter, difference won't be that big.

Basically when the room is hot when you enter the house, and you turn on inverter air con, it will be operating at FULL POWER to cool the room down as fast as it can.

So, in that situation, its operating the same as the standard air con (max cooling power)

Inverter air con's benefit is that its able to slow the compressor down to maintain the desired temperature in the room -- of course that's only after the room has cooled down.

Standard air con only works in a simple on/off principle, so it can't maintain temperature as efficiently as inverters.

You can google to learn more, but my explanation is a simple illustration only, not to serve as an engineer's explanation.
I'm in dilemma situation whereby I saw inverter 1.0hp aircond offers 11,200 BTU/hr at 0.9kW. My current 20 years old 1.5hp aircond most probably 12,000 BTU/hr at 1.3kW. So I'm thinking to replace with 1.0hp inverter, although it may run at max power 0.9kW, it still saves 0.4kW/hr, was this logical approach?
voscar
post Aug 18 2018, 08:20 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(cuttlefish @ Aug 18 2018, 01:29 AM)
are you sure that 0.9kW is at 11,200 Btu/hr or at the rated capacity?
another factor to consider is that the compressor would run at high speed most of the time
so reliability in the long run would be a concern
It's max power, rated I think around 0.7kW.
But traditional aircond compressor also run non-stop at full power and no problem? Coz my living room aircond will never stop and we blowing the air directly to us. Or inverter aircond not so reliable when running at full speed all the time?

voscar
post Jan 26 2019, 05:21 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

Just installed Daikin 1.5hp non inverter R32 FTV35PV1L model, replacing my 20 year old Toshiba. What a bad decision! The outdoor compressor motor has noisy grunt. It is not a vibration but a motor operating tone, sitting inside also can hear the noise. My older Toshiba is much silent, damn regret now. Thought everyone praise Daikin is good so I didn't go for Panasonic or Acson
voscar
post Jan 26 2019, 11:39 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(cedyy @ Jan 26 2019, 08:54 PM)
I still have a 17 yr old and 24 yr old toshiba air cond at home and both running fine and compressor hardly noisy. Those batch of toshiba were made under jv with carrier
My Toshiba compressor is good and lasting, but the indoor unit already kaput few years back, motherboard problem cannot power on and it seems the fan also failed at the same time. Well that indoor unit also served us more than 12 years. Too bad that time Toshiba and Carrier brand already like non exists in Malaysia.

This post has been edited by voscar: Jan 26 2019, 11:41 PM
voscar
post Jan 26 2019, 11:53 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

I've uploaded the video recording the compressor "grunt" noise. Can anyone tell me is this normal? Now at night sitting in living room I can hear this noise so obvious. If not I will make complain to manufacturer...
Ignore the background water droplet sound from upstairs roof.
https://youtu.be/0jWA7qPYfwo

Thanks.
voscar
post Jan 30 2019, 05:56 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(Muhammad Syukri @ Jan 29 2019, 03:10 PM)
It's sounds like you actually recording it at outside with the outdoor unit.

Not normal.
The manufacturer has sent technician to check today. They said this is normal compressor operating noise. R32 compressor design is different with my previous old Toshiba R22 so the operating noise is different. Operating noise for R32 compressor is higher pitch while R22 on lower frequency tone. They have checked the refrigerant and electrical current, everything in normal spec no abnormality...

Luckily this is not installed for my sleeping room, else I won't be able to sleep.

This post has been edited by voscar: Jan 30 2019, 06:00 PM
voscar
post Feb 1 2019, 09:31 AM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(ArthurHew @ Jan 31 2019, 10:01 PM)
Daikin compressor is seem very noisy. However the cooling power is really strong. Compared to Mitsubishi, Samsung, Midea which I ever experienced in short term.
lost to my previous Toshiba 1.5hp. Could be R32 refrigerant not so efficient as old Ozone unfriendly R22.
Daikin compressor has high pitch frequency which is unbearable during night, can hear from indoor. They suggest me to relocate the compressor further away but my place really not much space. My older R22 compressor mostly just lower frequency grunt and vibration which is not so obvious from indoor.
voscar
post Feb 1 2019, 09:35 AM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(RickJames09 @ Feb 1 2019, 07:33 AM)
How does Daikin compare to Acson in term of compressor noise?
should be abang adik for non-inverter unit from my understanding, coz from same local factory. overrated brand in Malaysia to be honest. many ppl here tends to blow the brand so great, masquerading its problem.
owner's manual advertised quiet operation with outdoor compressor 48dBA noise, which is exactly same with my old Toshiba. But it's day and night difference!
voscar
post Feb 2 2019, 06:57 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

Just helped my parent doing aircond cleanup. Shxx, the indoor unit got so many small mushroom-shaped dust or fungus? That is on cooling coil after air filter, seems those dust can penetrate air filter.

Any way can prevent such dust/fungus? So geli...

This post has been edited by voscar: Feb 2 2019, 06:58 PM
voscar
post Feb 2 2019, 07:48 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Feb 2 2019, 07:42 PM)
Leave the aircon on in dry mode for 1 hour or longer once in awhile with blowing speed sets to highest. may help a bit.
You mean fan only mode? OK will try to do that...
voscar
post Feb 3 2019, 12:56 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(zaFrOoNaLdO @ Feb 2 2019, 11:35 PM)
Maybe chemical cleaning will help? Try searching 'hydrokleen' on fb.
i already cleaned it by using soap water spray and brush multiple time. now i want to prevent it from happening again. the mushroom fungus is very disgusting and i believed it's not good for health. my father have been cough for months and could be allergic from this i suspect. Luckily i have spare face mask and wears it during the cleaning operation.
voscar
post Feb 3 2019, 01:03 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

ytd night my mother complain the room aircond compressor is noisy (mitsubishi 1hp). Upon investigation it's the new Daikin R32 compressor at living room operating noise. OMG that new compressor at first floor under eaves and it's so loud noisy till 2nd floor indoor sleeping room can heard... speechless and i think long term we will be suffering...

anyone here used compressor sound blanket wrap before? any installer can do this without voiding the compressor warranty?
user posted image
voscar
post Feb 4 2019, 05:20 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(ArthurHew @ Feb 4 2019, 10:53 AM)
I re-checked, my Daikin is way noiser then Mitshubishi, both is R32.
Anywhere to make complain?
How many horsepower for both?
I've sent out second complaint on their website, stating not satisfied with their contractor answer saying that's normal. I think you should complain also, let them collects more disappointed users feedback and improve their product... I think it's product design without factor in compressor operating noise.
voscar
post Feb 4 2019, 05:22 PM

Regular
1,281 posts

QUOTE(@skyhawk@ @ Feb 4 2019, 12:54 PM)
Hi, planning to replace my 4 Years Daikin 1.5hp non inverter.. compressor so noisy and always rosak.. any model recommended? seems many complaints daikin too.. wanna switch to inverter aircon.. pls make me happy with inverter technology.. 😅
4 years? What?! Their compressor so unreliable, omg! I was expecting at least 10 years as my previous Toshiba exceeded 20 years and still running before replaced.

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2009sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 10:35 AM