4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

coolkwc
post Aug 26 2015, 03:51 PM

Fall in love with audio again.
3,110 posts

Additional to the filter, if let say it really blocked and less air flow through the cooling coil, your room will not be cooled now, however the cooling coil is much colder now (Maybe frozen) due to less hot air enter the cooling coil, the outcome would be less power consumption becos the compressor will cut off much earlier, so no reason why consumption will be higher.

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Aug 26 2015, 03:52 PM
coolkwc
post Aug 26 2015, 03:55 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Aug 26 2015, 03:52 PM)
When you put in the extra filter, it already block some figure of airflow. That is not include the dust fill up and block it later.

Dismantle the unit and wash the condenser doesn't require to fill the gas again.
I will avoid dismantle condenser and blowing fan if possible. I rather change my filter every month if i really worry about blockage. You actually can buy a filter and try look through it, a layer of filter isn't as restricted as you thought.
coolkwc
post Aug 26 2015, 03:56 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Aug 26 2015, 03:53 PM)
Dismantle cost vs Rm5 Daiso seems like how many percent you pay for?
I can't brain why ppl opt for dismantle condenser rather than add in extra filter.
coolkwc
post Aug 26 2015, 04:45 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Aug 26 2015, 04:10 PM)
Dismantle the unit down and wash is a 2yrs annual cleaning. This is done by the service guy.

Normal every mth is just vacuum and filter cleaning. Have been practice this for over 15yrs.

I have this filter in my store room for other purpose. Just like aeiou123, I have sceptical to put it on the aircon.
Well, dust and fur will stick on the condenser and absorb water when your aircond is turn on, and you have almost no chance to dry it off if you turn ON aircond everyday. You need to pray hard the condenser fin is made by high quality aluminium which is inert to corrosion.
coolkwc
post Aug 28 2015, 11:12 AM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(jimmy lai @ Aug 28 2015, 08:20 AM)
Hi,how many cost for your MHI 1hp inverter model.
I bought 1.5k+ for that. However mine is premium model, is u put 1 step down to deluxe model, only 1.4k, which still feature richer than MEQ non-deluxe model.
coolkwc
post Aug 28 2015, 09:40 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Aug 28 2015, 04:11 PM)
I got the answer Liao.

MHI compressor = MIC
ME compressor = MIJ, that is why ME more expansive
What is MIC? Malaysian Indian Congress? MIJ?
coolkwc
post Aug 28 2015, 09:43 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Aug 28 2015, 09:42 PM)
Made in China = MIC
Made in Japan = MIJ
Bullshit la you...hahaha laugh.gif still dream of Made in Japan?

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Aug 28 2015, 09:44 PM
coolkwc
post Aug 28 2015, 09:55 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Aug 28 2015, 09:47 PM)
Why don't believed, all ME MEQs assembled in Thailand for the rest model, even parts still under Japan made.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Attached Image whistling.gif
coolkwc
post Aug 28 2015, 10:24 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Aug 28 2015, 10:12 PM)
How bout indoor also made in Thailand?

Actually better than China lah
Don syiok sendiri la u...give me a prove the part is made in Japan. whistling.gif

Lazy to argue with you. I thought you got any true info, obviously listen from other also. As i said i did heard alot of story version regarding MHI vs MEQ, i believe none of that, not to say including yours.

Nevermind la, u go support ur MEQ la, for best quality la, made in Japan la...as long as you believe and happy. i continue with my MHI one.
coolkwc
post Aug 28 2015, 10:36 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Aug 28 2015, 10:29 PM)
Ha ha since you had owned a ME but also never trust thier condition and quality at all.
One day MHI compressor loud like hell, then you just keep quiet only.

In Sg most of Aircons technical will be prefer on ME, cause thier design and material are better than others lah.

Anyway u shock with MHI just enjoy it.
Why u always refer SG ppl for quality method?? I really no idea on that. SG ppl high quality lifestyle, so what they choose is high quality as well? laugh.gif You adi many times, not only once, mentioned about SG ppl preference blah blah blah to convince ppl what SG ppl choice = quality choice so we Malaysian need to follow as well? doh.gif

You also said before, SG MEQ is starmex, MY MEQ is Thailand, cut cost model, both are different quality, u are like slap you own face with your hand.

For me u are just like a MEQ promoter, u got commision one ah for so hard sell? laugh.gif
coolkwc
post Aug 28 2015, 11:02 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(jimmy lai @ Aug 28 2015, 10:51 PM)
Hi Sifu,if compare your mhi deluxe inverter to samsung inverter AR09JVFSB which one will be more energy saving and durable?thanks
I don know. I never compare between that.
coolkwc
post Aug 29 2015, 08:49 AM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(keyser soze @ Aug 29 2015, 12:49 AM)
I used almost all major brands for my various projects. Most with the purchase order to the distributor which above RM100k to RM12mil.

What I can said is forget about LG. Their A/C spare parts are hopeless and they are not responsible at all. Just simply pulled out from the market even we have issued PO to them and never give a shit on warranty since they already pulled out from the market. The art cool FCU is actually OEM by Media if not mistaken. The 600w they claim might based on "korean" standard. But we have a 1hp free by LG installed in our office so far still ok and the outdoor coil is full aluminium. Means you can't patch the coil once leak.

ME equipments in Malaysia is made in Thailand (I'm using in one of my on going project around Mid Valley).

MHI is also made in Thailand (I have lunch with their dealer on Tuesday and we have 2 on going projects using their equipments)

The photo kimsim posted is a 3.5hp multi split for Singapore market. Not common in Malaysia.

Advice for those using R22 piping but want to consider to use R410A equipments. I'll say 1hp is no problem. 1.5hp and 2hp is risky. The weakest parts is the flare join for indoor and outdoor. That short parts just use thicker pipe (R410A spec) then braze to the old pipe will do.

Singaporean is rich they don't mind to pay more for their A/C, because they can save back from their elec bill. Malaysia electricity is still relatively cheaper, no point we spend too much, end of the day we might not be able to get back the ROI (return of investment).
Yes, this is what i know as well from the forum i visited and seller i deal with...only got ppl die die want to say made in China. whistling.gif
coolkwc
post Sep 20 2015, 12:07 AM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Sep 15 2015, 11:31 AM)
As said, the duration of usage matters. If < 4 hours of usage or the air cond does not cut off(non inverter) or ramp down(inverter), both of them are the same in terms of power consumption.
If you do spend more time on doing research on this, you will know inverter are not that superior, if it does not goes to the ramp down process and short duration usage.
dun always talk about power saving when compare about inverter vs non inverter. Non inverter can't compare in terms of comfort level due to imverter is far more superior in room temperature maintain. With the set temp, the room temp will always maintained the same as long as u turn ON the aircond, whereas non inverter will always cool down around 2'C lower than ur set point, cut off and wait until temp rise 2'C above set temp and run again, this 4'C temp variation made me feel uncomfortable and feel suffocate if my set temp is 26'C (temp will rise till 28'C before kickin again).
coolkwc
post Sep 20 2015, 07:31 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Sep 20 2015, 02:01 AM)
Well, I'm using fan as my main cooling agent, so I never have any problem on getting suffocated.
Still I know most people now prefer to waste thousands just to feel nice. But for me, I just want to see my TNB bill does not goes beyond rm80 and waste money to visit clinics whistling.gif
Like some fanboy keep on boasting how superior his inverter air cond are, but yet don't dare to show the TNB bill to see how superior on power savings are. I have USD100k in my pocket but I don't want to show whistling.gif So what does it means? Nothing.
So are you man enough to show how low your TNB bills are?
Can saw how naive and ignorant of you. Compare just based on TNB only valid if you only use aircond for whole month without using any other single electrical devices. Even you only use aircond, is only valid if two identical horse power and input power aircond install in the same room and same out door environment and compare side by side, even the 1-2 degree different of outdoor temp can make a different, or else the so called 'TNB bill' is just syiok sendiri and self consolation. This is my last post reply your so call TNB challenge, u can continue challenge or laugh on me, becos i won't entertain this kind of non scientific and childish show off. (well i don see anyone here would like to entertain you as well). whistling.gif
coolkwc
post Sep 24 2015, 10:35 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Sep 24 2015, 02:56 PM)
cheapest model, non inverter.
u mean panasonic quality has deteriorated?
he's not very sure but he said it could be the incoming power supply. he told me to pull out the power plug when the aircon is not in used (which is what i've practiced for last 4 months).

if the incoming power supply is not stable, why it didn't fry the rest of my electrical appliances like fridge and computer?
The possible cause is your aircond power line share with others power line. In that case, some devices that consist of inductor/choke at the supply input circuitry (could be poorly design circuitry) could release a huge amount of energy when switch ON-OFF transient, which flow into the device that connected parallel with it and broken the fuse.

In your case, you can ask technician to check for your aircond, if let say is the fuse blow again, advise you install a new power line from your fuse box solely supply to your aircond.
coolkwc
post Sep 30 2015, 11:31 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(keyser soze @ Sep 30 2015, 09:44 PM)
What is the point to show electricity bill? The bill didn't show how many hours you use your AC also didn't show how many percent of the bill belongs to AC consumption. I used to have bill with RM50 because I went overseas for half month. I also have bill of RM 300 because my sister's family stay with us for one month.
That's why i said he is childish ma...

I turn ON my aircond everynight at 26'C for 10h/day, my total usage per month also not exceed 300 units, but does it means my inverter aircond is helps in the saving? I won't say yes becos i dun really know how many unit my aircond consume, considering i use heater, fan, light, PC, TV at home. But does it means my inverter aircond electricity saving is a gimmick? i won't say so as well becos the above same reason.

Unless we compare side by side, and use a power meter dedicated for aircond, else you won't be able to tell the exact amount of electricity consume.

Misleading calculation, misleading theory, just let that sohem supersound challenge la, i won't bother to show him my bill, meaningless at all. laugh.gif icon_idea.gif whistling.gif

This post has been edited by coolkwc: Sep 30 2015, 11:34 PM
coolkwc
post Sep 30 2015, 11:36 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 30 2015, 09:55 PM)
You are right point, but he die die need to compare from our bills.

Today just received my latest bill so lucky can showing to him, I don't know what he want for what purposed.

user posted image
You too, why bother to accept the meaningless childish challenge? laugh.gif whistling.gif just let him say no guts, no gugu, whatever he like to say, at the end just some abc wordings from a childish keyboard warrior, no harm to us at all. Relax la, ignore whatever he said, peace. thumbup.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
coolkwc
post Dec 5 2015, 01:09 PM

3,110 posts

For those who said MHI made in China, open ur farking eye and see it clearly.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
coolkwc
post Dec 5 2015, 06:48 PM

3,110 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Dec 5 2015, 05:54 PM)
I think this applies to non-invertor aircon:

An oversized air conditioner is not good as the compressor will run and stop regularly and not able to cool the room uniformly. It will also cause discomfort to the occupants as the dehumidfication of the room is not properly done. On top of that, the electricity bill will be high as the compressor turns on and off too often.

Every time the on/off type of compressor starts to run, its power consumption is 6 times higher than when it is running steadily.

The cycling on and off of the compressor will lead to shorter life span of the compressor besides having to spend more on the unit price and installation cost.
No, it did happen if ur inverter aircond is oversize. Compressor have lower speed limit, when run at low speed still too cold it will turn off
coolkwc
post Dec 16 2015, 09:55 PM

3,110 posts

for those who still reject aircond filter, here is tye result after 2.5 months of usage...yiak, thick dust...imagine the dust stick on the condenser...

Attached Image

Attached Image

The condenser is dust free.

Attached Image

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0290sec    0.63    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:17 AM