views

cherroy
post Jul 7 2015, 01:18 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Jul 6 2015, 06:03 PM)
Yes, all manufacturer nowadays cost cutting, this is what the consumer need to know and understand rather than reject the fact due to alot of fancy features included.

Don't naive to believe those manufacturer will care for your electricity bill. They actually can make it more power saving by introduce a larger surface condenser, cooling coil, use higher grade aluminium fin, more fin per area and so on, rather than using smaller compressor motor.
If the manufacturer doesn't do cost cutting nowadays, it can very soon close down already.

The competition is so stiff out there, a slight difference of RM10 or RM50, we can see the sales volume shift away.

Consumer want cheap item, manufacturer has to give cheap one, it is business.

Now everyone want something save electricity or so called "green", so manufacturer has to give what consumer want, if the manufacturer can't meet the marketing needs, the manufacturer will have hard time to sell the product and survive in business.

Company nowadays need to be business orientated instead of engineering mindset, sadly to say.

A sell at Rm1000
B sell at RM800.

Despite with better quality part used in A, A will find hard to sell its product in a mass volume.

I am in manufacturing line, I know the pain of using premium part that costumer may not appreciate at all.
cherroy
post Jul 31 2015, 11:47 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jul 31 2015, 10:40 PM)
Pana is noisy and parts like fan swing motor easier spoil with low class cooling coil else, unless you like the brand only.

Seriously Daikin inverter set to 25c already feel cold enough, but in Pana may need set to 23-24c at least, end out daikin more power saving
QUOTE(cucubud @ Jul 31 2015, 10:49 PM)
Thank you for your comments.
I'll note that down.
Which brand is easier for me to DIY clean on my own?
Especially the blower.
I hope you are note it down D at 25c is "colder" than 23c of P... whistling.gif

It is a "sophisticated" science that 25c is colder than 23c. laugh.gif

cherroy
post Aug 1 2015, 09:35 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jul 31 2015, 11:55 PM)
Set to 23c and may not reaching to 23c, from time and consuming.

That meant cooler Aircon is almost faster and cooling than slower responding Aircon.

Brand A set to 25c and keep on 30mins already feel that cold enough.

Brand B set to 25c after 30mins still feel like hot at all, without cooling the room down, what shall you do for quickly tells the compressor kick in? Just increase lower down the temperature to suit on room envolpment lah.

End out from brand A needed 25c vs brand B needed 23c, you guess which one more power saving?

The answer is alway on 25c with more energy saving.
If cooler from human is always choose on the faster cooling performance and rather than waste energy.
Set 18c or 25c make no different, when the air-cond fail to deliver cool air.

Non-inverter is on and off mode only, it is either compressor is running or not only.
If compressor is running then it is running at 100%, disregard you set it 25c, 18c, or 0c.

Set 25c can save power is because once the thermocouple senses the air reached 25c, it switches off the compressor.

cherroy
post Aug 1 2015, 10:20 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Aug 1 2015, 09:54 AM)
Very common sense, if your Aircon not cool enough what shall be do?

Decrease lower temperature setting right.

You should set from 25c to lower 23c, by the time from 23c should feel that cold enough..

If smart ppl should choose on 25c one and won't look at 23c one.

In theory of 23c should cooler than 25c but from manufacturing of low class conpressor is does not works n achieved from what you pre-set from the temperature to focus the compressor runs.   

From non inverter is worst on raining day, you might facing the compressor on & off due to lower outdoor weather to get respond & accurate what you set from.
You don't understand what I am trying to say.

If the remote control temperature being set at 25c, you feel not cold at all (aka the temperature never reach 25c), change to 18c won't make the air-cond to deliver more cool air.
It is the same.

The coolness delivered by the air-cond is always the same, the difference is cut off point of the compressor only.

cherroy
post Aug 1 2015, 11:39 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

The room fast become cool, is because the air-cond delivers more BTU. As simple as that.

cherroy
post Sep 14 2015, 09:57 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 14 2015, 09:48 PM)
Hi All,

Need some expert advice. The following is a floor plan of my ground floor. There is an A/C points provided by developer (red box). The living area and dining area are joined together (no walls between - line in green) The living area size is 22 x 14, the dining area is also the same size but with a staircase & store room in the area.

By calculation the living area is 308 square feet. Based on the link provided earlier:

https://papamy.panasonic.com.my/papamy/faq.html

I should be using looking A/C with 10000 BTU/h capacity. And since there is no wall between the living and dining area can a 1.5HP enough? Will i feel cold or just chilly? Or should i get a 2HP A/C instead? A 2HP A/C cost much more than a 1.5HP sad.gif
You need at least 2 HP to feel "cold", or else just chilly and not hot only.

The air-cond compressor will be running non-stop in this circumstances.

cherroy
post Sep 15 2015, 09:07 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 15 2015, 08:53 AM)
Hi Cherroy,

Thanks for the info. The air-cond compressor will be running non-stop for 1.5 or 2 HP? In this case, normal non-inverter will be more suitable? I foresee living area using air-cond will be mostly on weekend maybe 4 hours per day. Normal working days only evening & nite using living area and maybe 2 hours air-cond depend if hot or not...
With your room/space condition that cool air will keep on escaping one, inverter saving won't be too obvious, as you may always need full blast from the air-cond, even for 2HP.

But still it is up to individual choice, both inverter and non-inverter have its own pro and con.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Sep 15 2015, 09:08 AM
cherroy
post Sep 15 2015, 10:28 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 15 2015, 09:49 AM)
Hmmm, maybe will add in one more air-cond in Dining area. Another 1.5HP air-cond. Then the living area will also get 1.5 HP air-cond. Both will be non-inverter. Will this be a good idea?

[attachmentid=4948913]
Better than previous.

2 x 1.5HP is better than 1 x 2 HP in this situation. You can switch off one when one of area is not being used time.

If I were you, I would partition the living and dining area with a sliding door or whatever method, so that cool air won't escape to dining area when only using living area time.

cherroy
post Sep 22 2015, 01:39 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(GC 2014 @ Sep 22 2015, 01:35 PM)
Is this means if we put an under power aircond in a larger space, the inverter actually not funcion ?
Ie area suppose to put 2hp aircond, but install only 1.5hp ? this is scenario of under power..
Inverter saves the most electricity when being run at partial load (or so called min load), whereby the room condition is cool enough based on the feedback of thermostat on the blower, that telling the air-cond don't need to run at full blast or 100%.

So if you installed a underpower air-cond in large space that temperature hardly can achieved the preset temp, the air-cond will continue the 100% load.
In this situation, you see negligible saving compared to non-inverter, as the compressor never run at partial load.
cherroy
post Sep 22 2015, 03:53 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 22 2015, 01:41 PM)
Wow nowadays, saw your comments has been changed.. Unlike before you totally disagree from inverter works.
Since when my comment changed?
or you have trouble to understand the English posted here? No offence.

I am the one keep on explaining how inverter works, and dismiss the theory of
"you installed the inverter, you saved 40% or 50% of the electricity straight away" <--- this is statement that you keep on telling reader.
This is wrong understanding on inverter.

I see nobody disagree how inverter works as far as I had visited this topic.

cherroy
post Sep 22 2015, 04:00 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Sep 22 2015, 02:09 PM)
i got 1 question , im using panasonic 1 horsepower aircond

when i set the aircond 18 to 21 max fan , it works fine for few mins , out of suddent the aircond suddently feel like hot air coming out ( like a fan ) , after a while it will cold again , then hot again .... if i set to 16 there is no problem at all
The high possibility
1. Faulty thermostat, aka incorrect sense of the temperature.
2. Filter blocked or blower blocked, that lead to cool air trapped inside the thermostat.

You feel the hot air because compressor stop function (motor stop) deliver coolness to the blower side, this is typical how non-inverter works.

cherroy
post Sep 22 2015, 04:02 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 22 2015, 03:55 PM)
No leh, last time you said inverter no saving energy at all, then no point to be wasted on inverter unit, cause it is costly, go for non inverter, cause of the unit self it selling cheaper.

To be "unfair" from the inverter user right.

Just your few words has more fellow go for non-inverter to instead of inverter as well.
Don't defame on something other never said.

cherroy
post Sep 22 2015, 04:16 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 22 2015, 04:05 PM)
Ok just forget it... From long time ago...

We just looking forward.
You are the one forgetful in the first place and posting ill advice many times, whereby numberous of time other need to correct.

Please don't defame and accuse others.
cherroy
post Sep 25 2015, 09:09 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Sep 24 2015, 01:30 PM)
i have a panasonic aircon. i use it once a week. after using for 11 months (from date of purchase), the fuse on the main (indoor) unit circuit board blown (as told by panasonic technician). after pcb replacement, everything was ok until today (4 months later), the aircon is not working. i think it is the same problem.

before the panasonic, i had a toshiba. it went dead too, hence i changed it to panasonic.

any idea what could be the culprit?
is this a common panasonic aircon defect?
If your Toshiba also happened as the same way, then it is better to have thoroughly check on the wiring side.

It could be overload, or too many loop in a single line.
cherroy
post Sep 25 2015, 09:15 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Sep 24 2015, 02:56 PM)
he's not very sure but he said it could be the incoming power supply. he told me to pull out the power plug when the aircon is not in used (which is what i've practiced for last 4 months).

if the incoming power supply is not stable, why it didn't fry the rest of my electrical appliances like fridge and computer?
Pull the plug is not the solution, need to find out the root cause.

It could be short circuit in the wiring as well, particularly on the switch side (hand switch).

There is once happened on the switch in my office that lizard died inside the switch, causing short circuit problem.

The lizard also laid egg inside the switch box. doh.gif

cherroy
post Sep 29 2015, 09:02 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(rayfoo @ Sep 29 2015, 08:42 AM)
btw, for non inverter with r410a , the piping need to use inverter piping or not necessary?
The piping issue is not about inverter or non-inverter, but about what type of gas being used.

cherroy
post Oct 6 2015, 06:52 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(ljf123 @ Oct 3 2015, 11:44 PM)
my aircond face some problem recently
1) wind strong, but normal temperate, neither cold or hot (try it at night time)
2) little bit of water leak two days ago

5 years aicon, just refill the gas last two month, before that same condition happen and the contractor just help me refill the gas and then become normal again after one month plus, same thing happen again wacko.gif

have been told if compressor spoil the wind come out is hot wind? is that true? how if i test at night time?
If compressor spoiled, it can't fully compress the gas, hence there will be little coolness can be produced in the blower side.
So the answer is yes.

Even if the compressor fans is running, doesn't mean the compressor piston is working in order.

Lack of coolness could be gas leaking, compressor problem etc.

Normally if the air-cond is too old and problematic, best option may be replacing entirely.
As keep on fixing here and there (without able to find the root cause) may be costly as well.

cherroy
post Oct 12 2015, 09:38 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Oct 12 2015, 07:59 AM)
Hi everyone. I'd like to double check my recent purchase / installation.

I had a basic daikin 1hp unit installed (I can't recall the model but is really the cooling king most basic r22 model)

Is it normal or by design for the bottom portion of the evaporator coils to be flooded ie having about 1-2 cm of water always present at the drainage  until it is in permanent contact with the fins and the coils?

The drainage was not done so properly by the installer, resulting in occasional water leaking through the indoor unit into my room. For the first time when I was trouble shooting, I noticed no matter how I adjust or try to drain away the water, there will eventually be an amount build up.

Another situation is that the air cond is too cold, in a medium room where I live, even 28c setting with low fan will result in too cold.

I have a feeling both are related to the improper installation.
Not normal to have water clogged until 1-2 cm depth of water.
You will have mould problem later on if water keep on clogging like that.

There shouldn't be built up water that until can contact the fin permanently.

It may be the bracket that hold on the blower was improperly installed aka leveling issue.
cherroy
post Oct 12 2015, 10:15 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(andrewlimkn @ Oct 12 2015, 08:34 PM)
Wanna ask you guys if you encounter this problem before..

I am currently using a split Daikin unit (non inverter) for around 4 years already. Recently after a simple cleaning service (not chemical wash), the aircon blower keep making noise. It is like blowing air in a non uniform and inconsistent manner (strong and weak intermittently). The air is still cool though. My regular aircon man can't diagnose this. I think this happens before but then it goes away

Wondering if any of you guys had this and know what is the issue?
Possibility,
Out of balance due to balancing clip drop off or shifted.

In the blower inside, sometimes, they do installed metal clip for balancing of the blower, just like when you do car tyre balancing time, they stick a piece of metal or "weight" on a one side if they found out the tyre is not properly balanced.

or blower plastic snapped when cleaning time, causing it imbalance when blowing out air.

cherroy
post Dec 2 2015, 02:50 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Dec 1 2015, 05:18 PM)
How to calculate the possible savings by using a new invertor fridge? By changing from 1hp-noninvertor to 1.5hp-invertor my monthly savings already rm60/mth, by 24mths the savings of ~rm1400 would have cover the cost of installing the new aircon. If a new invertor-fridge can cut my electric-bill by another RM60/mth, 70mths savings would be equivalent to the cost of the new invertor-fridge.
There is no formula.
It depends how user use the fridge eg. frequency of opening up, items inside the fridge etc.

As far as I knew, inverter save the most is at the air-cond side.

As normally, fridge motor (for conventional or non-inverter) seldom run due to closed compartment if the fridge is not frequently open and close.
So fridge usage is not high to start with as compared to air-cond.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0236sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:08 PM