9 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nintendo Wii U LYN Official Thread V2, Finally reached V2 huh

views

kalnet
post Jul 21 2015, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Jul 20 2015, 11:18 PM)
The datel one is said to work with it. But i haven't been able to test it yet.

I have also heard that standard USB adapter also works. However, I don't know how it can work because there's no driver installation on it.
I tried a third party lan adapter today called 'VZTEC' around RM30. Can't work. It just said 'Connect the wii lan adapter to one of the usb ports on the console' even if the lan adapter is connected.

Do you know where I can get lan adapter for Wii U?
bong_onyx
post Sep 5 2015, 01:48 PM

5 posts

planning to buy a wii u this month, just wanna ask if it will work out of the box with a NON-HDCP monitor/tv via hdmi? or is there a setting that needs to be disabled first (like PS4) to make it work? tq.
Kyoyagami
post Sep 5 2015, 03:28 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(bong_onyx @ Sep 5 2015, 01:48 PM)
planning to buy a wii u this month, just wanna ask if it will work out of the box with a NON-HDCP monitor/tv via hdmi? or is there a setting that needs to be disabled first (like PS4) to make it work? tq.
From what I remember, it will work fine. But how are you out putting the sound?

The HDCP part is only on other things such as youtube, hulu, netflix and so on. Games will work fine though.
bong_onyx
post Sep 6 2015, 02:49 AM

5 posts

my monitor has speakers, and also audio out, so can connect pc speakers. hopefully it will work immediately, not like ps4 where i was forced to bring it to a friend's house to connect to her tv just to disable hdcp.
M.A.
post Sep 7 2015, 08:23 PM

43 posts

I'm looking for the Zelda Bundle left and right and nobody has it... Haih....
Kirino2012
post Sep 14 2015, 04:45 AM

Getting Started
154 posts

hi im planning to buy a wii u but im curious about the region thing, im plan to get the US set, is thr any restriction for it like cable ntsc/pal region thing??
how bout the network online?? how do it work for here, is it easy like ps4 just buy plug n play, no region block or something rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
Kyoyagami
post Sep 14 2015, 11:56 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(Kirino2012 @ Sep 14 2015, 04:45 AM)
hi im planning to buy a wii u but im curious about the region thing, im plan to get the US set, is thr any restriction for it like cable ntsc/pal region thing??
how bout the network online?? how do it work for here, is it easy like ps4 just buy plug n play, no region block or something  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
Nah, there's no restriction on cables anymore. Going online is still easy enough, nothing complex over there. Just the games are limited to US games only. smile.gif
nill
post Sep 14 2015, 05:38 PM

Casual
366 posts

@Kirino2012, there's
a. region lock. But Malaysians seller are all selling
WiiU US set
b. NNID is tied to one WiiU. Any games bought from
eshop is stuck in one WiiU unless u do a system
transfer to transfer software and account
c. Nintendo Day One $60 game price for a long2 time
Games are printed adequately to reduce chances of
oversupply of 2nd hand copies or unsold stock. You
can sell 1st party WiiU games for almost day one
prices.
E.g. try to look for physical copy for Pikmin 3.
d. Only one Gamepad, WiiU tablet controller
If you break it, you will need to buy another WiiU
because no sellers are selling the Gamepad
separately
e. Backwards compatibility with Wii. Just make sure you
have the Wiimote and motion sensor to play Wii
games

xiaodong
post Sep 22 2015, 05:57 PM

4 posts

I have question
I buy us vision wii u just now.
The adapter show 120v,but malaysia volt is 240v.
The adapter can direct plug in?
deepan84
post Sep 22 2015, 07:00 PM

White Rider
2,177 posts

QUOTE(xiaodong @ Sep 22 2015, 05:57 PM)
I have question
I buy us vision wii u just now.
The adapter show 120v,but malaysia volt is 240v.
The adapter can direct plug in?
Yup. Buy a travel adapter. Cheap one also can so it can masuk Malaysian power plug slots.
jasteryap
post Sep 23 2015, 05:18 PM

26 posts

Did anyone planning to sell their Pikmin 3?
calvincty
post Oct 1 2015, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Start getting confused about getting a Wii console, Didn't know that now it has new model called Wii U. After go through a few thread, can i conclude that I need to have the following if I want to play motion/sports game of wii:

1.) Wii U console set (with gamepad)
2.) WII REMOTE PLUS + NUNCHUCK
3.) Sensor bar (in order to play Wii game?)
4.) Games

Never play console game since PS1, can anyone suggested where can I get all this for me to play wii + wii U game?

blah2blah
post Oct 1 2015, 10:47 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

QUOTE(calvincty @ Oct 1 2015, 03:13 PM)
Start getting confused about getting a Wii console, Didn't know that now it has new model called Wii U. After go through a few thread, can i conclude that I need to have the following if I want to play motion/sports game of wii:

1.) Wii U console set (with gamepad)
2.) WII REMOTE PLUS + NUNCHUCK
3.) Sensor bar (in order to play Wii game?)
4.) Games

Never play console game since PS1, can anyone suggested where can I get all this for me to play wii + wii U game?
1 2 and 4 is enough. Sensor bar is included inside console set. Paging Kyoyagami for potential customer
Kyoyagami
post Oct 2 2015, 06:26 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(andrewcha @ Oct 1 2015, 10:47 PM)
1 2 and 4 is enough. Sensor bar is included inside console set. Paging Kyoyagami for potential customer
He consulted me semalam. That's why I didn't reply. laugh.gif
winstein
post Nov 28 2015, 02:26 PM

3 posts

When it comes to external HDD, what do you guys recommend? I hear that you need to have a Y-cable or those which are powered, but can't quite find something like them.

I also don't need something with too much space, as 500GB is enough for me, though I wouldn't mind 1TB.

Thanks for reading.
sirknieghf
post Dec 11 2015, 09:27 AM

Casual
312 posts

im considering to get a wiiu but i have my concern on their upcoming games. their catalogue for new games seems not that many, afraid when buy no games to play tongue.gif
Kyoyagami
post Dec 11 2015, 09:36 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(sirknieghf @ Dec 11 2015, 09:27 AM)
im considering to get a wiiu but i have my concern on their upcoming games. their catalogue for new games seems not that many, afraid when buy no games to play tongue.gif
You should be more concerned of sourcing for the past games that came out rather than the future. Haha. At the very least there's something that you can look forward to in the future rather than what has been released since previously released games are no longer available physically (digital lain case).
sirknieghf
post Dec 11 2015, 09:43 AM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Dec 11 2015, 09:36 AM)
You should be more concerned of sourcing for the past games that came out rather than the future. Haha. At the very least there's something that you can look forward to in the future rather than what has been released since previously released games are no longer available physically (digital lain case).
i guess im ok with digital copy, more concern on the platform catalogue though..my bro got a ps4 but it seems boring since most of the games also available in PC..that why im seriously considering wii u..last time only played mario kart and super smash bros on n64 emulator and its really fun.
Kyoyagami
post Dec 11 2015, 10:26 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(sirknieghf @ Dec 11 2015, 09:43 AM)
i guess im ok with digital copy, more concern on the platform catalogue though..my bro got a ps4 but it seems boring since most of the games also available in PC..that why im seriously considering wii u..last time only played mario kart and super smash bros on n64 emulator and its really fun.
Well, if those two are the case, then it should actually be enough already. You shouldn't have to worry about that in my opinion. Just as long as there's a good enough catalogue for games that have been released then you're alright.

There's probably only 1 Smash Bros and 1 Mario Kart per Nintendo console anyways. laugh.gif
deepan84
post Dec 11 2015, 01:21 PM

White Rider
2,177 posts

WiiU's quality of games are AAA. so many titles to keep u company. Just buy it bro. U can even play Wii games.

9 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    1.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:16 PM