views

myway1985
post May 15 2015, 04:41 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,472 posts

QUOTE(NetGi @ May 15 2015, 03:01 AM)
Haha okay see how la but wait warranty over first..  rclxms.gif
For modifications unit buy dell the best... onsite engineer no care wat u modifIED...I even change SSD n ask them intall window for me.. keke
TSNetGi
post Jul 7 2015, 05:32 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(myway1985 @ May 15 2015, 04:41 AM)
For modifications unit buy dell the best... onsite engineer no care wat u modifIED...I even change SSD n ask them intall window for me.. keke
Wow, seems like Dell is underrated among the general public rclxm9.gif
TSNetGi
post Jul 7 2015, 05:32 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

UPDATE 2

Initially feeling lazy to post an update regarding this issue, but this may help to be a future reference for people who faced similiar problems and wanting to know feedback regarding this issue. So here it goes.

During the duration of repair, I have called the service centre approximately 5 times, each time asking for the status of progress regarding the repair. Here are the details regarding each call:

Call 1: Requested additional parts from Lenovo HQ after diagnosis of the problem, awaiting reply.
Call 2: Requested replacement of motherboard approved from HQ, pending arrival of parts, ETA the same week.
Call 3: Replacement motherboard unit is faulty, unable to turn on laptop, 2nd request from HQ for new motherboard, again ETA the same week.
Call 4: 2nd Replacement motherboard also faulty, causing BSOD for unknown reasons after certain period of time, request from HQ for new motherboard, no ETA.
Call 5: ETA of new motherboard by the same week. (Specifically requested it to be done by the following week as my old HP laptop is having issues)

A week after the fifth call, they called and notified me that my laptop is ready for collection (June 11), which makes the whole duration of repair 2 months, a month longer than expected (may be absurd for some as typical laptop repairs only take about a week or so). Went for collection, checked for any damages, and left after signage of documents. The staff there handled the situation well with a smile and explained everything patiently.

However, the 4 little lightbulbs which indicate Power, Battery, Disabled Mousepad, and Caps Lock seems to be dimmer than usual, although not an issue but deserves to be pointed out.

IMO, I dare not falsely accuse the Lenovo Service Centre for making up excuses for the delay of my laptop repair, but the reasons given in all 5 calls seem oddly suspicious to me as it sounded as if they are making up excuses for the delay of the laptop. Therefore, my advise to anyone whom is dealing with Lenovo Service Centres to strictly request the laptop to be done in the shortest time possible, thus making it seem urgent and they might provide you with a speedier service.

Anyways, thank you so much for everyone who has been helping me through this, and I already bought a Macbook during the wait, thus making it bearable for me. biggrin.gif
myway1985
post Jul 7 2015, 05:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,472 posts

QUOTE(NetGi @ Jul 7 2015, 05:32 PM)
Wow, seems like Dell is underrated among the general public  rclxm9.gif
We Malaysian abusive bout the onsite warranty la.. n dell retail price really high.. but good after sales la.. HP most con job.. no onsite for all model but price almost same as dell
stLldsame
post Mar 2 2016, 08:56 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(NetGi @ Jul 7 2015, 06:32 PM)
UPDATE 2

Initially feeling lazy to post an update regarding this issue, but this may help to be a future reference for people who faced similiar problems and wanting to know feedback regarding this issue. So here it goes.

During the duration of repair, I have called the service centre approximately 5 times, each time asking for the status of progress regarding the repair. Here are the details regarding each call:

Call 1: Requested additional parts from Lenovo HQ after diagnosis of the problem, awaiting reply.
Call 2: Requested replacement of motherboard approved from HQ, pending arrival of parts, ETA the same week.
Call 3: Replacement motherboard unit is faulty, unable to turn on laptop, 2nd request from HQ for new motherboard, again ETA the same week.
Call 4: 2nd Replacement motherboard also faulty, causing BSOD for unknown reasons after certain period of time, request from HQ for new motherboard, no ETA.
Call 5: ETA of new motherboard by the same week. (Specifically requested it to be done by the following week as my old HP laptop is having issues)

A week after the fifth call, they called and notified me that my laptop is ready for collection (June 11), which makes the whole duration of repair 2 months, a month longer than expected (may be absurd for some as typical laptop repairs only take about a week or so). Went for collection, checked for any damages, and left after signage of documents. The staff there handled the situation well with a smile and explained everything patiently.

However, the 4 little lightbulbs which indicate Power, Battery, Disabled Mousepad, and Caps Lock seems to be dimmer than usual, although not an issue but deserves to be pointed out.

IMO, I dare not falsely accuse the Lenovo Service Centre for making up excuses for the delay of my laptop repair, but the reasons given in all 5 calls seem oddly suspicious to me as it sounded as if they are making up excuses for the delay of the laptop. Therefore, my advise to anyone whom is dealing with Lenovo Service Centres to strictly request the laptop to be done in the shortest time possible, thus making it seem urgent and they might provide you with a speedier service.

Anyways, thank you so much for everyone who has been helping me through this, and I already bought a Macbook during the wait, thus making it bearable for me.  biggrin.gif
Hi TS,
mind to share has the changing of motherboard fix your issue?
TSNetGi
post Mar 4 2016, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(stLldsame @ Mar 2 2016, 08:56 AM)
Hi TS,
mind to share has the changing of motherboard fix your issue?
It did fixed the problem as I did not experience any random crashes or restart during gaming, but my laptop went kaput after 2 months while playing NFS so now it's just sitting there collecting dust lol.
Isaac.2107
post Mar 4 2016, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(NetGi @ Mar 4 2016, 11:46 AM)
It did fixed the problem as I did not experience any random crashes or restart during gaming, but my laptop went kaput after 2 months while playing NFS so now it's just sitting there collecting dust lol.
Can I buy cheap cheap use for parts? wink.gif
TSNetGi
post Mar 4 2016, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(Isaac.2107 @ Mar 4 2016, 02:51 PM)
Can I buy cheap cheap use for parts? wink.gif
Haha planning to bring it and fix bro, but if your offer ok then maybe consider selling it off instead rclxms.gif
cristiano7mu
post Mar 10 2016, 09:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,587 posts

hi tumpang thread.

my lenovo y40 is about 1 year 2 months old.

after fully charge and shut down, when i turn on the laptop again it will shows full battery. However, after like 3-5 mins it will auto shut down with no warning and the battery indicator is blinking orange. I need to plug in power source only can turn on again.

Battery issue or software issue? how to diagnose?

P/S the battery is internal build.
ChaChaZero
post Mar 11 2016, 11:55 AM

On my way
545 posts

QUOTE(cristiano7mu @ Mar 10 2016, 09:57 PM)
hi tumpang thread.

my lenovo y40 is about 1 year 2 months old.

after fully charge and shut down, when i turn on the laptop again it will shows full battery. However, after like 3-5 mins it will auto shut down with no warning and the battery indicator is blinking orange. I need to plug in power source only can turn on again.

Battery issue or software issue? how to diagnose?

P/S the battery is internal build.
Just download something like HWMonitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) and launch it. Look under the battery section and see what is the wear level.

A high number would indicate your battery is close to death.
cristiano7mu
post Mar 12 2016, 12:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,587 posts

QUOTE(ChaChaZero @ Mar 11 2016, 11:55 AM)
Just download something like HWMonitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) and launch it. Look under the battery section and see what is the wear level.

A high number would indicate your battery is close to death.
Thanks.

It shows 16% wear level.

------
last night charged till 100% and shut down. then try turn it on again (shows 100%) without power plug. After few mins the screen just black out and orange blink again at battery LED notification.

plug in power only can turn on and it show 4% left. Let it charge to about 35% then suddenly it shows 100% again. Then unplug power so far still okay after 20 mins. Didnt auto shut down (screen turn black).

So strange. it happens only if i boot up pc without power plug.

This post has been edited by cristiano7mu: Mar 12 2016, 12:38 AM
ChaChaZero
post Mar 12 2016, 12:42 AM

On my way
545 posts

QUOTE(cristiano7mu @ Mar 12 2016, 12:21 AM)
Thanks.

It shows 16% wear level.

------
last night charged till 100% and shut down. then try turn it on again (shows 100%) without power plug. After few mins the screen just black out and orange blink again at battery LED notification.

plug in power only can turn on and it show 4% left. Let it charge to about 35% then suddenly it shows 100% again. Then unplug power so far still okay after 20 mins. Didnt auto shut down (screen turn black).

So strange. it happens only if i boot up pc without power plug.
16% isn't a bad battery. Could be a problem with your laptop charging the battery or the calibration is seriously off. You can download the lenovo power management tools, there should be a function in there to re-calibrate your battery. Try that and see if it helps.

I think the new Lenovo batteries come with a chip in it for smart charging. That could cause problems too. I remember seeing something similar in a Lenovo T430.
TSNetGi
post Apr 17 2016, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(saymyname @ Mar 8 2016, 06:29 AM)
mind posting the bill afterward?
Will do if I manage to get it fixed console.gif

8 Pages « < 6 7 8Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.65    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:44 PM