Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> MyKad Application, Need to capture data, how?

views

cybpsych
post Jun 4 2010, 10:06 AM

---------------------
All Stars
47,204 posts

is this the driver u got? v1.0.3.0

http://www.iris.com.my/index.cfm?sc=91

http://www.iris.com.my/_repository/iris/do...r_Installer.zip
trulez
post Sep 20 2010, 04:23 PM

1 posts

Your explanation is looks tremendously promising. Mr.Xenon i just want to know whether could i work it out with SCR3310 card reader which ill be using in Visual studio and Mysql. Thank you. Your co-operation is appreciated.

Added on September 20, 2010, 4:56 pm
QUOTE(xenon @ Oct 24 2006, 10:25 PM)
Ok. I don't have time to complete my original MyKad reader program. Having difficulties with the dreaded user interface hell. So tonight I work on a quick-and-dirty console application in C. You need to use a hex editor to look at the output dump file. But, the basic information like name, IC no., are printed in the console too.

Not responsible if got damage  blush.gif
Fail? Success? report here.

Two files in attachment unpack into the same files.
save the ".txt" as .zip.
Hi Xenon..Just wanna ask, these codings are just to retrive the info only? how if i want to store the information in MySQL?

This post has been edited by trulez: Sep 20 2010, 04:56 PM
eone
post Jul 25 2011, 09:36 AM

Prime
2,677 posts

hi guys, currently I'm looking for the Biomatrix smartcard/mykad reader, anyone know how to get/buy it?
boom_bread
post Jul 25 2011, 09:57 AM

Casual
438 posts

QUOTE(eone @ Jul 25 2011, 09:36 AM)
hi guys, currently I'm looking for the Biomatrix smartcard/mykad reader, anyone know how to get/buy it?
Hi, as far as i know, there are 2 local companies that provide smartcard reader here, IRIS and Yasmin Teknologi. U will be provided with the SDK to read information from the card as well.

If u don't buy from them, there's other smart card reader in the market as well. Not sure about specific brand though, but its pretty sure u will need card datasheet for mykad (that is if u want to read from mykad) to know which information contains in specific address.

But if the SDK / sample application bundled already with the reader, then it will be a lot easier for u. nod.gif
eone
post Jul 25 2011, 10:06 AM

Prime
2,677 posts

QUOTE(boom_bread @ Jul 25 2011, 09:57 AM)
Hi, as far as i know, there are 2 local companies that provide smartcard reader here, IRIS and Yasmin Teknologi. U will be provided with the SDK to read information from the card as well.

If u don't buy from them, there's other smart card reader in the market as well. Not sure about specific brand though, but its pretty sure u will need card datasheet for mykad (that is if u want to read from mykad) to know which information contains in specific address.

But if the SDK / sample application bundled already with the reader, then it will be a lot easier for u.  nod.gif
Thanks, last time I bought the brand is Rocker, and I used opensource as reference to develop the apps, and luckily it works. But now I'm trying to get the quotation from IRIS on the Bio-matrix one, emailed to sales and marketing but no response. About the Yasmin Teknologi, do you know where it is and how to contact them? Or is there anywhere that i can order online?

Added on July 25, 2011, 12:34 pmiris and yasmin both no response, I wish I don't need to call them just to ask single quotation sweat.gif

This post has been edited by eone: Jul 25 2011, 12:34 PM
boom_bread
post Jul 27 2011, 09:51 AM

Casual
438 posts

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I guess you know already how to contact IRIS side is it? It's www.iris.com.my. For Yasmin Teknologi, you can go to their website, www.yasmin.com.my. There's supposed to have contact page if I am not mistaken.

After that, maybe you can email or for fast response, directly call their sales manager / marketing. Good luck wink.gif
eone
post Jul 27 2011, 10:01 AM

Prime
2,677 posts

QUOTE(boom_bread @ Jul 27 2011, 09:51 AM)
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I guess you know already how to contact IRIS side is it? It's www.iris.com.my. For Yasmin Teknologi, you can go to their website, www.yasmin.com.my. There's supposed to have contact page if I am not mistaken.

After that, maybe you can email or for fast response, directly call their sales manager / marketing. Good luck wink.gif
Yeah, got their emails the next day though, or maybe I opened the emails the next day rolleyes.gif, anyway, got a quotation from Iris and the price for a single device(bio matrix) with sdk kit cost a bomb! sweat.gif.. outside only selling the device for only usd50, and they quoted me myr5k...
boom_bread
post Jul 27 2011, 10:54 AM

Casual
438 posts

Well, have you seen feature of that device itself? Because they have several devices for the user. So, maybe you can ask for their quotation on simplest device which would only cater for your requirement.

Is it the same device you are referring on outside which priced usd50? MYR 5k is a bit high I guess, but like mentioned before, maybe they quote on high spec device? Try get the same device quotation from Yasmin Teknologi or any other biometric vendors.

My advice is, check whether device u ask for the quotation meets your requirement or not. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by boom_bread: Jul 27 2011, 10:55 AM
eone
post Jul 27 2011, 11:27 AM

Prime
2,677 posts

Usd50 referred from links on previous page on this thread. I've asked with precise product code. Waiting from yasmin, they asked wether I involved in PATI system or something, replied no, then no response from them since.
boom_bread
post Jul 27 2011, 02:08 PM

Casual
438 posts

Well, that happened when client attempt to buy small capacity of their product. I mean, they should treat all clients the same.

Maybe u could try call them directly or resend the email.
hirota
post Aug 12 2011, 01:13 PM

Regular
1,900 posts

sorry to bring up this old post, but this is a very helpful topic,
now i can read the (JPN_OrgName,original name), but some others mykad having 2 lines of fullname, any idea how to read the second line of the name?

thanks

Added on August 12, 2011, 4:39 pmok i managed to get it by reading the JPN_GMPCName

thanks ya

This post has been edited by hirota: Aug 12 2011, 04:39 PM
endau02
post Nov 6 2011, 01:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,169 posts

is there any mykad reader can b polled by modbus protocol? means d reader will bcome d slave n d master (can b a pc or plc) poll some data from d reader
calvinchin
post Jan 30 2012, 06:26 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

I previously worked with the MyKAD reader supplier VeriCardSys.com

They supply readers and customized SDKs that could read the MyKAD data...
They even provide sample VB codes showing how you could integrate your Windows application to the card reader.

Very easy to use.
I'm now trying to work with them to see how to get the readers to work with ASP.NET webpages.

narf03
post Jan 31 2012, 02:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,900 posts

Wah, can u ppl check the DOB of this thread ? its 6 years old, please let it RIP and I am suggesting to staff to AUTOCLOSE all threads which is like 2 years old+, can see, can read, cant post, and when ppl want to ask something, they are suppose to start a new 1 and put a link to point back old thread, it is very annoying to start reading something so damn old again(yeah, for me, its again).
ck23
post Dec 1 2012, 03:29 PM

Enthusiast
717 posts

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2003950&hl=

I'm an authorised agent.

Please contact me for all IRIS products, including SDKs. Everything is available.

Good price guaranteed.

Mostly I ship to overseas.

Added on December 1, 2012, 3:30 pm
QUOTE(calvinchin @ Jan 30 2012, 06:26 PM)
I previously worked with the MyKAD reader supplier VeriCardSys.com

They supply readers and customized SDKs that could read the MyKAD data...
They even provide sample VB codes showing how you could integrate your Windows application to the card reader.

Very easy to use.
I'm now trying to work with them to see how to get the readers to work with ASP.NET webpages.
You may get from me. Price is guaranteed cheaper. Warranty claim is as fast as 5 working days.

This post has been edited by ck23: Dec 1 2012, 03:30 PM
Bright_Moon
post Dec 9 2012, 12:59 PM

2 posts

Hi all,

I need to develop a system using vb.net that reads mykad info and stores the information in the system database... For that, I need to purchase mykad card reader... I have searched the internet for mykad readers and found different companies offers such readers such as tricubes and rockey ... and in this post I found about the IRIS .. there is also this one:
http://www.lelong.com.my/smart-card-reader...2-12-Sale-P.htm

can any one plz advice me on the matter? which one should i go for?

I would also appreciate any advice in developing the system as it seems members replied to this post have ardy developed such system ...

Thank you so much in advance ..

This post has been edited by Bright_Moon: Dec 9 2012, 01:15 PM
TheSolver
post Dec 9 2012, 04:02 PM

Regular
1,086 posts

I used to develop a system many years ago and my advice to you is make sure you get hold of the device SDKs and the program sample works. Mine was in Visual Basic and C/C++. That was before .net was not in widespread use. I got to tinker with the OLE or somethingX to be called by my application and the support from the company was poor. Now there are competing companies producing the gadgets, hopefully that has changed.
kwl1990
post Dec 10 2012, 02:54 PM

45 posts

previously i have been implement myKad reader into my assignment (clinic system)... Actually, it is not very difficult... I just buy a card reader device it cost me around RM150.. and i get the SDK in java language for free from google about it... After i get the Device and SDK then what i need to do is to CODE and make some modify on the SDK... this is because the SDK is to read the data from myKad and i need to retrieve the data and save it into database... but 1 more thing that take time is to adding additional code to retrieve the image and then save it into database....
Bright_Moon
post Dec 11 2012, 12:18 PM

2 posts

Thanks all for the reply.. However, no one said something about the device... Can i understand from this that the device brand does not matter as long as it can read the mykad info and it has the SDK?

any one has vb.net code for developing such a program?

Thanks smile.gif
jimangman
post Apr 10 2013, 03:14 AM

1 posts

After months of research and development, i was able to fully integrate mykad and mykid reader into my web application.
just for your information, as per my experience, only selected smartcard reader will be able to read MyKID. and these readers comes with another small card namely SAM license (like SIM card). Without this card the OS within MyKID will simply lock itself and will return "Invalid Command Class" despite any APDU sent to it.

In my experiment, i used the SCR21U reader and suceeded the test.

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0464sec    1.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 01:46 AM