Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> MyKad Application, Need to capture data, how?

views

eone
post Jul 25 2011, 09:36 AM

Prime
2,677 posts

hi guys, currently I'm looking for the Biomatrix smartcard/mykad reader, anyone know how to get/buy it?
eone
post Jul 25 2011, 10:06 AM

Prime
2,677 posts

QUOTE(boom_bread @ Jul 25 2011, 09:57 AM)
Hi, as far as i know, there are 2 local companies that provide smartcard reader here, IRIS and Yasmin Teknologi. U will be provided with the SDK to read information from the card as well.

If u don't buy from them, there's other smart card reader in the market as well. Not sure about specific brand though, but its pretty sure u will need card datasheet for mykad (that is if u want to read from mykad) to know which information contains in specific address.

But if the SDK / sample application bundled already with the reader, then it will be a lot easier for u.  nod.gif
Thanks, last time I bought the brand is Rocker, and I used opensource as reference to develop the apps, and luckily it works. But now I'm trying to get the quotation from IRIS on the Bio-matrix one, emailed to sales and marketing but no response. About the Yasmin Teknologi, do you know where it is and how to contact them? Or is there anywhere that i can order online?

Added on July 25, 2011, 12:34 pmiris and yasmin both no response, I wish I don't need to call them just to ask single quotation sweat.gif

This post has been edited by eone: Jul 25 2011, 12:34 PM
eone
post Jul 27 2011, 10:01 AM

Prime
2,677 posts

QUOTE(boom_bread @ Jul 27 2011, 09:51 AM)
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I guess you know already how to contact IRIS side is it? It's www.iris.com.my. For Yasmin Teknologi, you can go to their website, www.yasmin.com.my. There's supposed to have contact page if I am not mistaken.

After that, maybe you can email or for fast response, directly call their sales manager / marketing. Good luck wink.gif
Yeah, got their emails the next day though, or maybe I opened the emails the next day rolleyes.gif, anyway, got a quotation from Iris and the price for a single device(bio matrix) with sdk kit cost a bomb! sweat.gif.. outside only selling the device for only usd50, and they quoted me myr5k...
eone
post Jul 27 2011, 11:27 AM

Prime
2,677 posts

Usd50 referred from links on previous page on this thread. I've asked with precise product code. Waiting from yasmin, they asked wether I involved in PATI system or something, replied no, then no response from them since.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0508sec    2.11    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th November 2019 - 11:56 PM