Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Perfumes for Guys v4, Discussion anything about fragrance

views

cocooh
post Mar 7 2019, 10:16 PM

✔ Awesomeness ✔
2,789 posts

QUOTE(locozz03 @ Mar 7 2019, 07:56 PM)
Then you should try oud oil in its pure form bro  brows.gif  brows.gif specifically oud trad or oud mysore/lucknow. Super pungent, super musky and super animalic, half drop on your skin is enough and it will last more than 24 hours even after taking bath, no joke.

If you want something subtle, less animalic and less musky, try oud cambodi......better than oud trad and oud mysore/lucknow.

The price for pure oud oil is damn expensive, usual price would be RM50 per ml, and it can be doubled if it is aged. I've seen the aged oud trad oil before and it is very thick. But, to my surprise the smell is much better and pleasant compared to the normal oud oil. 2 cents
laugh.gif haha, i'm not ready to delve into such hardcore-ness

On a side note, Lost Cherry is getting restocks @ TF USA and Selfridges

laugh.gif Limited Edition much LOL
locozz03
post Mar 7 2019, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(cocooh @ Mar 7 2019, 10:16 PM)
laugh.gif haha, i'm not ready to delve into such hardcore-ness

On a side note, Lost Cherry is getting restocks @ TF USA and Selfridges

laugh.gif Limited Edition much LOL
Same goes to FF, it was stated as LE in TF US site when it was first launch back in 2017, but still available until today. laugh.gif More on marketing strategy I guess.

I’m hoping RC will be there forever and not just for limited time only.
cocooh
post Mar 7 2019, 10:37 PM

✔ Awesomeness ✔
2,789 posts

QUOTE(locozz03 @ Mar 7 2019, 10:34 PM)
Same goes to FF, it was stated as LE in TF US site when it was first launch back in 2017, but still available until today. laugh.gif More on marketing strategy I guess.

I’m hoping RC will be there forever and not just for limited time only.
Damn tho, so tempted to get LC, but AA is so siren calling too lol

Gonna ask n see if they still have stock for AA
province86
post Mar 8 2019, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

Received this complimentary 10ml Spray from Frederic Malle today. Any1 tried this?

user posted image
locozz03
post Mar 8 2019, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(province86 @ Mar 8 2019, 03:06 PM)
Received this complimentary 10ml Spray from Frederic Malle today. Any1 tried this?

user posted image
No, may I know how did you order them?
province86
post Mar 8 2019, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(locozz03 @ Mar 8 2019, 05:43 PM)
No, may I know how did you order them?
I bought a bottle of Musc Ravegeur few weeks back. Then, they sent an email to me last week saying i am entitled for complimentary 10ml of this for any purchase of Frederic Malle done in Feb.

cocooh
post Mar 11 2019, 02:00 PM

✔ Awesomeness ✔
2,789 posts

Took the bait and purchased Amber Absolute last Sat @ KLCC

user posted image

At the same time, I've tried Venetian Bergamot on myself and took a sample of Tobacco Vanille + Noir Extreme.

Gonna give AA a full wearing soon and test out its highly coveted beast mode.

province86
post Mar 11 2019, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(cocooh @ Mar 11 2019, 02:00 PM)

user posted image

At the same time, I've tried Venetian Bergamot on myself and took a sample of Tobacco Vanille + Noir Extreme.

Let us know your take on the AA later bro.
locozz03
post Mar 11 2019, 08:50 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(cocooh @ Mar 11 2019, 02:00 PM)

user posted image

Congrats!! rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif let us know your thoughts
cocooh
post Mar 12 2019, 04:19 PM

✔ Awesomeness ✔
2,789 posts

QUOTE(province86 @ Mar 11 2019, 05:17 PM)
Let us know your take on the AA later bro.
QUOTE(locozz03 @ Mar 11 2019, 08:50 PM)
Congrats!! rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif let us know your thoughts
Here's my 2 cents on Amber Absolute:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Anyone interested with Venetian Bergamot or Tobacco Vanille ? The former seems to get lesser mention when compared to other PB in TF.
locozz03
post Mar 12 2019, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(cocooh @ Mar 12 2019, 04:19 PM)
Here's my 2 cents on Amber Absolute:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Anyone interested with Venetian Bergamot or Tobacco Vanille ? The former seems to get lesser mention when compared to other PB in TF.
Thanks for sharing. Did you notice any similarities with Tobacco Oud? I found both are sharing the same DNA, probably came from smoky and incense-y note...? For me AA is gorgeous and very upscale. Scent wise, it is a beast but performance still can’t beat tobacco vanille. The new PB King in my PB collection.

Received whatsapp from one of the TF SA, Rive D’Ambre has been restocked, but only 2 bottles are available. Too bad I have max out my allocation for this month, have to wait for next month. To my nose, Rive D’Ambre sharing the same DNA as Venetian Bergamot. But Rive D’Ambre is slightly warmer and intense due to the present of amber accord.
cocooh
post Mar 13 2019, 08:01 AM

✔ Awesomeness ✔
2,789 posts

QUOTE(locozz03 @ Mar 12 2019, 06:29 PM)
Thanks for sharing. Did you notice any similarities with Tobacco Oud? I found both are sharing the same DNA, probably came from smoky and incense-y note...? For me AA is gorgeous and very upscale. Scent wise, it is a beast but performance still can’t beat tobacco vanille. The new PB King in my PB collection.

Received whatsapp from one of the TF SA, Rive D’Ambre has been restocked, but only 2 bottles are available. Too bad I have max out my allocation for this month, have to wait for next month. To my nose, Rive D’Ambre sharing the same DNA as Venetian Bergamot. But Rive D’Ambre is slightly warmer and intense due to the present of amber accord.
I can't comment on Tobacco Oud as i have not smelled it before. Though, I would have to agree with you on performance of AA vs TV.

Hmm, I did read some reviews about Rive D'Ambre on performance issues. Most of the complains that it is too light. Maybe its a muted projection where others can smell it and ourselves don't. Would like to test that out soon.

As for Venetian Bergamot, I found it quite floral after 30 mins mark. Tho it is creamy-floral-slight fruity undertone. The creamy gardenia has some bergamot nuiances which I kinda like.

arsnl
post Mar 13 2019, 09:57 AM

Casual
385 posts

Question:

Do guys wear women's perfume? Is it common nowadays for guys to wear women's perfume? Was it just PR/Advertising when Chanel used Brad Pitt to advertise Chanel No 5 or trying to expand it to guys?

No judgement but just wondering.. Thanks

This post has been edited by arsnl: Mar 13 2019, 09:57 AM
TAZIO.N
post Mar 13 2019, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(arsnl @ Mar 13 2019, 09:57 AM)
Question:

Do guys wear women's perfume? Is it common nowadays for guys to wear women's perfume? Was it just PR/Advertising when Chanel used Brad Pitt to advertise Chanel No 5 or trying to expand it to guys?

In my opinion,perfumes are genderless.Wear whatever perfumes you like.Depends whether you're daring enough or not brows.gif
I wear womens perfumes from time to time..Among my favourite womens perfumes is Mitsouko,Bvlgari Black ,Diorella,No 19 and many more..Have you ever wear Dior Homme? If you can wear it without any problem,chances are you'll be fine wearing womens perfumes.
arsnl
post Mar 13 2019, 04:30 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(TAZIO.N @ Mar 13 2019, 02:25 PM)
In my opinion,perfumes are genderless.Wear whatever perfumes you like.Depends whether you're daring enough or not  brows.gif
I wear womens perfumes from time to time..Among my favourite womens perfumes is Mitsouko,Bvlgari Black ,Diorella,No 19 and many more..Have you ever wear Dior Homme? If you can wear it without any problem,chances are you'll be fine wearing womens perfumes.
Thanks.. I've worn Dior Homme.. One of my favorites..

Recently tried Gucci Oud the Woman version and thought I liked that one better compared to the Male one
chiahau
post Mar 13 2019, 04:51 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

Question:

I have used many female based perfume in the market.

Am a heavy fan of rose, peony and all those range.

So far nobody complaint.

My other half on the other hand loves the oud. And the Oud based perfume works for her.

Nothing wrong really about using perfumes meant for other gender.
chiahau
post Mar 13 2019, 04:51 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

Question:

I have used many female based perfume in the market.

Am a heavy fan of rose, peony and all those range.

So far nobody complaint.

My other half on the other hand loves the oud. And the Oud based perfume works for her.

Nothing wrong really about using perfumes meant for other gender.
gl0be.iv
post Mar 14 2019, 04:15 AM

Casual
436 posts

Question:

As others have mentioned, just wear what you feel comfortable wearing. A scent is just that, a scent. If you like roses, floral, fruity scent, then wear them with confidence. A guy doesn't have to only like musky woody incense scent. All those gender thing is pure marketing bs to me lol.

I own Amouage Epic Woman & TF Black Orchid. Both are great scent and a guy can definitely pull off wearing them.
arsnl
post Mar 14 2019, 09:39 AM

Casual
385 posts

Cheers all for the responses.. Gonna give it a go as never worn it before.. Also gonna check out those mentioned as well.. Thanks
Joey-kun
post Mar 15 2019, 04:43 AM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz
4,662 posts

Question:

a quote from a perfume forum i used to frequent:
"where do you check for the perfume's genitals to determine is it male or female?"

all perfumes are gender neutral but there are some that are targeted for women and some for men, but that dosent mean men cant wear those that are targeted for women. There are some scents these days for men that smell kinda feminine like dior homme edt that smells like lipstick, for example. There are some perfumes that have too much florals that would be a huge challenge for some men to pull it off but it depends too. I personally cant really wear chanel no5 but there are guys who can.

Perfumes targeted for women in my collection (which i actually do wear) are: Black Orchid, Mitsuoko, Shalimar, L'heure bleue, Chamade, insolence and sikkim girls.

272 Pages « < 144 145 146 147 148 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:06 PM