> Guide to A Budget Wedding, Matters most is who you marry

views

TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 9 2015, 12:56 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Gowns & Shoes

Gowns

Well, many would ask, are you serious? Buying a gown for your once in a lifetime wedding without trying at all?
Yea, my answer is that I am serious. And the other question is about quality wise that things are literally MADE IN CHINA.
Tell me which is not? Those you got from bridal gallery comes from China too, unless they're by some famous designers in Paris, Rome then I don't know la.
Then perhaps you shouldn't be reading here at all.

There are reasons why I choose to buy from taobao:
1. I'm relatively small size, therefore easier to fit in standard size (not showing off, just drawing comparison)
2. My mum is a tailor, therefore personal service la tongue.gif
3. I pay peanuts and I don't get monkey
4. I get to keep the gown as mine paying such price or sell them away later
5. They're not too bad after all

As of now that I've purchased 3 gowns from Taobao and how to taobao? That's a whole long set of instructions. If you want to know how, PM me and I have already written on a 'taobao guide'.

Well, all I said is that you need to do quite a bit of research, not quite feasible if you can't read mandarin.

I bought 4 gowns in total
Everything costed me about RM750 (That's what you paid for renting one gown here)

Gown 1
About RMB500 (RM270)
I was amazed at the quality of this very gown when I received. The gown is really beautiful with the back about 1m long.
Also adjustable strap on the back, makes that easier for adjustment. Only drawback is the tummy area which is super stiff and hard to sit down. I guess, most of the gowns are like that, just need to get used to this for few hours tongue.gif

Gown looks exactly like what they place on the website
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

How the gown looks in actual
user posted image

Gown 2
About RMB220 (About RM150)
This gown looks quite simple in actual but acceptable to me as I don't really want anything too grand in such a venue, not doing in hotel or what so ever.
Quality is not too bad and kinda like the back.

user posted image
user posted image

How the gown looks in actual
user posted image

Gown 3
About RMM200+ which is RM100+
These whole piece of gown is made of lace. I am also really pleased with the quality, there's no stain and no damage on the gown when I got this.
Only drawback is the neck portion which is a bit big and will have to alter. The rest seemed fine..
Something that is not too grand as well

Original photo
user posted image
I bought the one without the long dragging part because I wanted to use this for morning, kinda troublesome to walk around

In actual
user posted image
user posted image
See the quality on your own, the lace are pretty nice

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Sep 17 2015, 04:38 PM
Happie16
post Mar 11 2015, 08:41 AM

Group: Junior Member

Hi Princess Galaria,

Good to hear from you again and this time is on wedding smile.gif
Congrats to both of you.

I've also went through the same ROM process. I went to Putrajaya and been informed that i need to go to Selangor JPN to submit form. The officer suggested us to go directly to Shah Alam which is Selangor JPN HQ.

Btw, have you registered or is counting down to your ROM? smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 11 2015, 09:53 AM

Enthusiast

Misc Items

Teapot set bought from
SS2 https://www.facebook.com/ss2uwedding?fref=ts
Friend got married they gave them vouchers so we were entitled for 30% off for this smile.gif
Total damage about RM50+
Didn't wanted something that looks too traditional because after that I won't be able to use them.

user posted image

Wrist flowers - Ji Muis to wear during the actual day morning
Real flowers are really heavy and expensive and the stem ended up cutting my hand previous and leaving a long scratch mark, so why not go for these?
Cheap only about RMB4 which means about RM2.50 each and looks so good

user posted image

Teddy bears
RMB58 which is about RM32 for a pair of 7-8" tall bears
Initially wanted to use for my bridal car, didn't expect the quality and everything to be so nice. Guess just gonna use as deco for our bed
user posted image

Bowties for HengDais to wear
The whole theme will be mint blue aka tiffany blue
The quality is pretty good, not the usual smooth type but with a bit of texture. RMB5+ which is about RM3 each
user posted image

Other misc decorations and stuffs

For glass decorations
user posted image

Ang Pau
user posted image
user posted image

Paper cup for minum teh
user posted image

Decorations
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Jul 3 2015, 12:44 PM
darx84
post Mar 11 2015, 04:20 PM

Getting Started

how far in advance do you need to reserve the ROM date?
rose6580
post Mar 11 2015, 04:30 PM

Getting Started

hi babes

congratulations on your weddings

smile.gif

i was once a bride too and can sense your excitement !

i customade 3 gowns (wedding gown, evening gown and qipao gown) which i have no use for right now and would like to let go. need to clear wardrobe.

do PM me if you wish to view my gowns ya !

cheers !

TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 11 2015, 05:35 PM

Enthusiast

Shoes

To use for the second gown during the night
Bought this from Charles & Keith warehouse sales for about RM70-80
user posted image

To use for wedding photoshoot
Bought this from Tangs for only RM30, can you believe this? There's a corner in Tangs whereby they will put out all the shoes with minor defects or odd sizes at 80-90% off whereby their initial price tags are over RM1,000
From the photo, you barely see any defect was just a short line drawn by a pen and I don't mind since my photoshoot outdoor in the grass will dirty the shoes as well
user posted image

To use for the night with my white gown
This is like my best steal ever, just costed about RM120 initially price about RM1,000+
The very moment felt like Cinderalla found her glass slippers
user posted image

Christy Ng
To use for morning
Everyone knows Christy Ng I bet..
I got this pair when they were on sales at 50% which was only about RM130+
Initially I was contemplating for Kate Mozella for the quality but whatever la, since I am just wearing once and there's this pair here which is good enough
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Sep 17 2015, 04:25 PM
darx84
post Mar 16 2015, 04:44 PM

Getting Started

Waiting for the updates on banquet biggrin.gif

Any suggestion for small size Chinese wedding banquet for about 15 tables and price at about 1k to 1.2k range? Needed privacy so best to look for small size Chinese restaurant.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 17 2015, 09:57 AM

Enthusiast

Picking of Wedding Bands

In all, I'm quiet a cincai person or easily pleased la. But I'm quiet petty on certain stuffs when it comes to planning I will draw down to little details.

Picking of ring was quiet an easy task, we only spend less than 2hours in a mall and just made our choice immediately.

Initially I saw some catalogs online and thought that Poh Kong might be a good choice since the rings looks pretty good. However when I stepped into the shop the quality of the rings disappoint me very much that they are so light and I didn't even realise if I were to drop them.

user posted image

user posted image

These actually cost about RM1k plus to 2k, not worth at all because the middle part is totally hollow
Then I proceeded to Tomei where I got a voucher bcos of my engagement ring

Most of them are over budget, the ones that I like is over RM5k, good wife la I don't want my hubby to spend too much and we stick to our budget as close as possible. Once in a lifetime don't apply for everything.
user posted image

Then I proceeded to Wah Chan and theirs was priced at a much more reasonable price
That's how we found this pair at a very decent price for only about RM2k plus after discount given
user posted image
Initially wanted to go home and think think first, but well then we just decided on the spot that we should just get this pair

The pair that I love the most is this from Love&Co.
Hubby promised to buy these at some point of our anniversary once we reach that financial state in our marriage. Actually leh, we are not really that poor just weighing what's worth not after buying a house and with such economy, perhaps it is better just to save for rainy days.
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Sep 17 2015, 04:56 PM
hlboey
post Mar 17 2015, 10:37 AM

Thank you for this. Very informative.
manpower4x4
post Mar 17 2015, 02:30 PM

Getting Started

Let me help Princess here on a non-traditional Chinese wedding. My and fiancee and I are going to get married at church and these are the things we had for costing:

1) Rings - RM1,200: For this, if your wife to be is not very fussy about having designer jewelry or stuffs, this budget is enough to get a decent pair from Wah Chan. They look nice and are sturdy too.

2) Shoes - RM70 (guy), RM150 (girl): I seriously cannot suggest anything. But for a pair of black shoes for a guy that costs anywhere between 60 to 150 is a fair deal for me. As for the girl's one, you can try shoe places around Bukit Bintang areas to get fair deals.

3) Bridal Package - RM3700: I had to choose and take this. Simple. Everything is done and no hassle. From gowns to tuxes and all, just everything is given to you. Be sure to bargain for the better deal as you know you can. Avoid taking packages from Bridal Fair periods as they might not give as much additional bonuses due to standardisation among vendors in the fair.

4) Church - RM1050: Alright. This one I am not sure how much will be charged if you 2 are from the same church and getting married there. My case is different as I need to get a third party church to do it as I am from a Protestant and my wife to be, a RC. Not included is the Token (ang pow) to the pastor of the church.

5) Make up - RM850 (day and night included): I found this lady online who runs a small make up academy. Berry Lim from Facebook gave me a very good price as I am the groom and I am asking instead of my fiancee. In this deal, 2 free basic make up for the morning session is given free to any 2 ladies of your choice. Add in RM50 per person for basic make up for your other bridesmaids. For night, I am getting a free basic make up as well for free.

6) Wedding Dinner - RM6000+ (100 pax): OK, here's the deal. I was looking around places to do a buffet style dinner as to me, Chinese style dinner is not what I want. I have asked places around KL and PJ but I came across one place which is extremely good in price and good in buffet spread. Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club. Not sure if the Chinese Banquet side is as good in terms of pricing but this is definitely a good place if you are on a budget. Cockage is one of the lowest as well.

7) Church and Dinner Hall Deco - RM3550: Here's the catch. I found this place that gave me a good budget for Deco. For my church, I only will spend about RM650 while RM2900 is for the dinner hall. Quite good deco and all. SomethingSpecial2You is the shop name and it's located at SS2.

These are all for now.

TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 17 2015, 02:53 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 17 2015, 02:30 PM)
Let me help Princess here on a non-traditional Chinese wedding. My and fiancee and I are going to get married at church and these are the things we had for costing:

1) Rings - RM1,200: For this, if your wife to be is not very fussy about having designer jewelry or stuffs, this budget is enough to get a decent pair from Wah Chan. They look nice and are sturdy too.

2) Shoes - RM70 (guy), RM150 (girl): I seriously cannot suggest anything. But for a pair of black shoes for a guy that costs anywhere between 60 to 150 is a fair deal for me. As for the girl's one, you can try shoe places around Bukit Bintang areas to get  fair deals.

3) Bridal Package - RM3700: I had to choose and take this. Simple. Everything is done and no hassle. From gowns to tuxes and all, just everything is given to you. Be sure to bargain for the better deal as you know you can. Avoid taking packages from Bridal Fair periods as they might not give as much additional bonuses due to standardisation among vendors in the fair.

4) Church - RM1050: Alright. This one I am not sure how much will be charged if you 2 are from the same church and getting married there. My case is different as I need to get a third party church to do it as I am from a Protestant and my wife to be, a RC. Not included is the Token (ang pow) to the pastor of the church.

5) Make up - RM850 (day and night included): I found this lady online who runs a small make up academy. Berry Lim from Facebook gave me a very good price as I am the groom and I am asking instead of my fiancee. In this deal, 2 free basic make up for the morning session is given free to any 2 ladies of your choice. Add in RM50 per person for basic make up for your other bridesmaids. For night, I am getting a free basic make up as well for free.

6) Wedding Dinner - RM6000+ (100 pax): OK, here's the deal. I was looking around places to do a buffet style dinner as to me, Chinese style dinner is not what I want. I have asked places around KL and PJ but I came across one place which is extremely good in price and good in buffet spread. Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club. Not sure if the Chinese Banquet side is as good in terms of pricing but this is definitely a good place if you are on a budget. Cockage is one of the lowest as well.

7) Church and Dinner Hall Deco - RM3550: Here's the catch. I found this place that gave me a good budget for Deco. For my church, I only will spend about RM650 while RM2900 is for the dinner hall. Quite good deco and all. SomethingSpecial2You is the shop name and it's located at SS2.

These are all for now.
Thanks smile.gif Yea, indeed a budget wedding is possible. IF only the parents and girl is ok.
Will update the thread slowly. Been busy with ROM and work.

manpower4x4
post Mar 17 2015, 02:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 17 2015, 02:53 PM)
Thanks smile.gif Yea, indeed a budget wedding is possible. IF only the parents and girl is ok.
Will update the thread slowly. Been busy with ROM and work.
No probs. Just want to help people too. And I have been busy too hehe.
zhou86
post Mar 17 2015, 03:23 PM

Keroppi!!!

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 17 2015, 02:59 PM)
No probs. Just want to help people too. And I have been busy too hehe.
Thanks for this. I am also in the midst of organizing my wedding, non-Chinese style in Church. But my location is in Malacca though.

Any example photos of your wedding would be super helpful as well. smile.gif
darx84
post Mar 17 2015, 03:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 17 2015, 09:57 AM)
Try Imbi which is the Palace Group
Their pricing is the most decent one around KL/PJ and with that price can get suckling piglet.

If you still want to be a lil 'grand' go and have a look at Menara LYL
http://www.imbipalacegroup.com.my/banquet.php
phone up the restaurant, they will charged additional 16% for less than 25 tables.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 17 2015, 03:33 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(darx84 @ Mar 17 2015, 03:30 PM)
phone up the restaurant, they will charged additional 16% for less than 25 tables.
I see, mine is 35 tables so there's no extra charge and they threw in FOC food tasting 10pax for me.

You called LYL ? Try Mutiara Palace. They were open to negotiation.
I heard from Kepong restaurants are good too.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 18 2015, 12:45 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 17 2015, 03:23 PM)
Thanks for this. I am also in the midst of organizing my wedding, non-Chinese style in Church. But my location is in Malacca though.

Any example photos of your wedding would be super helpful as well. smile.gif
I belum done by wedding yet wor, in the midst of planning a year ahead
But I've purchased misc items, gowns, teddy bears and also decided on banquet, pre-wedding shoot, got quotes for MUA and also actual day.
zhou86
post Mar 18 2015, 05:17 PM

Keroppi!!!

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 18 2015, 12:45 PM)
I belum done by wedding yet wor, in the midst of planning a year ahead
But I've purchased misc items, gowns, teddy bears and also decided on banquet, pre-wedding shoot, got quotes for MUA and also actual day.
Wah...you really do so much research already. What about manpower4x4?
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 18 2015, 05:38 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 18 2015, 05:17 PM)
Wah...you really do so much research already. What about manpower4x4?
GST coming, what to do. Hahahaa, no la just do as and when I have the time. A year sometimes is just like a blink of eye.
zhou86
post Mar 18 2015, 06:27 PM

Keroppi!!!

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 18 2015, 05:38 PM)
GST coming, what to do. Hahahaa, no la just do as and when I have the time. A year sometimes is just like a blink of eye.
Yeah, I totally understand that. I thought 1 year would be enough, now I am panicking, although wedding day is end of this year. shocking.gif
MandyG
post Mar 18 2015, 06:32 PM

Getting Started

The box inside is what? How much is the charges for select date?

Thanks

11 Pages < 1 2 3 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0843sec    2.71    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th June 2019 - 12:39 PM