Power 1300 mAh lithium-ion battery
3DS games: 3 to 5 hours
DS games: 5 to 8 hours
CPU Dual-Core ARM11 MPCore
Storage capacity Included 2 GB SD card
2 GB internal flash memory (1.5 usable)
Cartridge save
Memory128 MB FCRAM, 4 MB VRAM
Display3.53 in (9.0 cm) Autostereoscopic (3D) OLED multi-touch capacitive touchscreen with approximately 16.77 million colors
Upper: 800 × 240 px (400 × 240 WQVGA per eye)
Lower: 320 × 240 QVGA
Graphics Digital Media Professionals PICA200 GPU
Sound Stereo speakers, microphone
Connectivity 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi
IR
Online services Nintendo Network
Nintendo eShop
Miiverse
SpotPass
Dimensions Width: 156 mm (6.1 in)
Depth: 93 mm (3.7 in)
Height: 22 mm (0.87 in)
Weight 235 grams (8.3 oz)
Best-selling game Super Mario 3D Land (8.29 million units)
Backward compatibility Nintendo DS/DSi
Predecessor Nintendo DS series (DS, DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL)
Successor Nintendo 3DS XL (redesign)

user posted image
user posted image
NEW 3DS

Developer Nintendo IRD
Manufacturer Nintendo, Foxconn
Product family Nintendo 3DS family
Type Handheld game console
Generation Eighth generation
Release date JP October 11, 2014
AUS November 21, 2014
EU January 6, 2015 (Ambassador Edition)
EU February 13, 2015 (General release)
NA February 13, 2015 (XL only)
Retail availability 2014–present
Units shipped Worldwide: 1.84 million
(as of December 31, 2014)
Media Physical and digital
Operating system Nintendo 3DS OS
CPU 268 MHz ARM11 MPCore quad-core (one reserved for OS)
Memory 256 MB (64MB dedicated to the OS), 10 MB VRAM
Storage 1 GB internal flash memory
Removable storage Included 4 GB Micro SD
Cartridge save
DisplayLCD screens
Sound Stereo speakers (pseudo-surround), microphone
Input A/B/X/Y buttons, Circle Pad, C-Stick (nubbin), L/R and ZL/ZR bumpers, D-pad, Start/Select buttons, Home button, 3D depth slider, volume slider, power button
Camera Rear-facing stereoscopic VGA camera, front-facing VGA camera
Connectivity 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, NFC, infrared
Power Lithium-ion battery
Online services Nintendo Network
Backward compatibility Nintendo DS/DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Virtual Console
Predecessor Nintendo 2DS (concurrent)
Nintendo 3DS (XL) (concurrent)
Nintendo DS family

[who]3506100[/who]

This post has been edited by kenjixx: Apr 28 2017, 09:44 AM
TSkenjixx
post Feb 25 2015, 12:46 AM

my home hero
729 posts

Useful thread
Friend Code thread
(Add more friends to play games together online)
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1815845

Streetpass Malaysia Gathering thread
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2705283

FAQ
QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Feb 25 2015, 10:04 AM)
Nintendo 3DS FAQ (2016 update)

Dear Kyo,

user posted image
From Top left: Nintendo 3DS (The first one), Nintendo 3DS XL (Big Bro), Nintendo 2DS (Gameboy Homage).
From Bottom Middle: "New" Nintendo 3DS XL (The cool kid), "New" Nintendo 3DS (The hipster).

General 3DS Facts
1. What is the Nintendo 3DS?
It's the latest iteration from the Pokemon Company, Nintendo. Basically an enhanced version of the Nintendo DS with 3D viewing capabilities, without glasses. The picture above will show you the current lineup of the Nintendo 3DS family.

2. How awesome is the 3D effects?
To be frank, that depends on the titles of the games. If it was in the menu screen however (and the initial setup), the depth is truly where it's at. Imagine seeing something that makes you feel that there's something behind the 3D screen, even when in actuality there's nothing behind it. Pop outs are not that obvious, YET.

The "New" Nintendo 3DS XL and "New" Nintendo 3DS however has achieved what is dubbed as Super Stable 3D where at any angle you view the screen, the 3D will still be visible. It's the coolest achievement yet. It encourages you turn on 3D a lot more than the previous models.

3. Which versions are available in the Malaysian market?
For 2DS: Only the US version is made available. I have heard some people selling Japanese and PAL versions, but not that prominent.
For 3DS XL: Asian and US and Japanese. I rarely see PAL units though. Also, this is somewhat almost close to extinction. You may need to find these at outskirts of town. Albeit, at higher prices.
For NEW 3DS / NEW 3DS XL: New 3DS XL is currently bersepah (scattered) all over Malaysia. New 3DS may be tougher. And yes, this is mainly the case for the US or Asian units.

4. Why the Asian ones? What's the difference between the US and Asian ones?
There is no virtual difference, except for this:-
- The adapter for the Asian one is made for Malaysian wall plugs. The US one would have to make you get a stepdown converter (RM24 usually) or a third party adapter (RM20 Usually) or a USB Cable (RM5.30 at Daiso, ALL THE TIME)
- If you're lucky to buy a new unit, the Asian one may have Maxsoft warranty. Which is pretty cool, except for having need to send it to Singapore.

5. OK. So what games can I play in it?
The Nintendo DS and 3DS games. GBA is not possible since the Nintendo DSi unfortunately.

Feb 2013: Lets improve this with some of Sethmaster's from LYN Forum's work:
NA 3DS = US and Asian (Malaysia / Singapore Distributed ones) Games only
EUR 3DS = EUR and Australian games only
JAP 3DS = JAP games only
ASI(asian) 3DS = US and Asian (Malaysia / Singapore Distributed ones) Games only. Asian titles do not have Club Nintendo points in them.
KO 3DS = Customized firmware, some games released as Region-Free, some region-locked to KO (I believe it also encompasses Taiwan and Hong Kong)
iQue 3DS (China) = Exclusive to China, plays only iQue 3DS games

Since I have created a pictorial guide, please refer it to this pretty link right here:
Kyo's  Pictorial Guide in identifying a 3DS Game's Region

6. Is it region locked? Does my Asian/ US Console play US/ Asian region games?
Here is a table explaining to everyone on the region compatibility of games for the 3DS Consoles
user posted image

7. That's a bummer.
Yes indeed.

8. Wait, why is the design on the box for the Asian one and the US version different?
If you noticed, the Asian New 3DS XL is somewhat ripped off from the Japanese or PAL design of the box compared to US version. Why? Well, this is thanks to our Middle Eastern friends who actually govern the production of the console there as well. And since they hold the license and they are close to the Europe counter part, well, you know the rest of story.

Differences between the released 3DS Models

1. What is the difference between the old and “New” 3DS lineup? All I know is that the New 3DS XL is so expensive now.
You can blame the currency exchange issue, but I recommend you look at the following extras for the New 3DS /3DS XL if you really need them in your portable gaming life:
- Super Stable 3D. The 3D level has improved vastly when playing on the 3DS as it's no longer limited to just being Stereoscopic. You can turn the screen in any direction and it will produce a nice 3D image for you.
- Faster processing power. More adamant in Super Smash Bros 3DS. If you don't like waiting for your game to load, then get this because it loads faster.
- C Stick. This is the built-in nub that acts somewhat like your right circle pad for camera views. However, you should be reminded that not many games support this. If your game is not in the list (check question number 31), then you really won't need this.
- Some games like Final Fantasy Explorers limits use of 3D in their game. In other words, games like that only have 3D on the New 3DS/ New 3DS XL. But not on the old ones.
- You can now play SNES games on the New 3DS / New 3DS XL through the Virtual Console and E Shop. The previous models will never have this. Sadly.
Those are the most significant improvements that the New 3DS / New 3DS XL has to offer.

2. Would you recommend me to get a Nintendo 2DS?
For some cases, I definitely would if you are interested in plonking down some money for a Nintendo handheld. Even if it is on a smaller screen, no 3D effects, the 2DS is a very good for value system. Plus it’s somewhat easy on the hands too compared to the 3DS.
Well, that is if you can find people sending over the cheap USD 79.99 units at the moment. Seriously.

3. How easy is it to get the old or “New” ones?
Frankly speaking, the Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL (and even 2DS) are very hard to get compared to the “New” ones. I spoke to a few suppliers and they were more interested in selling the “New” ones instead because it’s the latest model. The previous models did take a dip in sales so that’s one problem.

Getting your 3DS Console

1. Kyo, where can I get either one of the 3DS consoles?
Locally, you have plenty of options. First off, Good Old Kyo has them for sale if the stocks are still available. Just be reminded I don’t provide warranty for consoles as I import them.

Next is more to the retailers with established shops. Within the Klang Valley area, don’t forget to check out Gamer's Hideout,Impulse Gaming, Heavy-Arm and so many other retailers that are carrying the consoles for sale. Outside of the Klang Valley area, be sure to check out your local malls as well. As for reputability, the first 4 named shops that I mentioned are the ones to go for.

Internationally isn’t a good idea unless you decide to find rare consoles that never get sold in this part of the world. Some limited edition ones never come in so, it’s best to take time to figure out what do you really want.

Wait, I didn’t just say I was reputable did I?

2. Yes you did.
I did not mean to do that actually.

3. You sure?
Well………… I do need to promote myself in some ways right? Was that subtle?

4. Not very subtle.
Ok. Moving on.

5. So how much is the price for a console? And what colors are available?
For the 3DS XL, good luck on finding a new one for cheap in the city. It's pretty hard now as the suppliers within the city are phasing that out and favoring the New 3DS XL instead. (New 3DS to a certain extent). Popular colors include Black, Blue, Red.

As for price, New 3DS XL should be within RM 900 to 999 in range. New 3DS is trickier since it's usually sold as a bundle with a game. So, no plain vanilla one for you. Popular colors include Black,Blue and Red as well.

6. What's the average price for the games though?
Frankly, it can go from RM 50 to RM 200. Don't be surprised if it goes over RM 200 as well. Things ain't cheap at all. That usually happens for Japanese titles.

7. What do I get in the box of the 3DS XL/2DS/ New 3DS XL?
- The Console (DUH)
- The US / Asian Adapter (This however, is not included in the box for the New 3DS & New 3DS XL. So, ensure that your reseller provides an adapter for that.)
- The Augmented Reality Cards (There's 6 of them)
- An SD Card 4GB
- The stylus (Which is actually in the console already)

8. Ok! I got my 3DS already from the awesome reputable sellers you told me. What should I do with it now?
TURN.IT.ON. What else would you want to do? You could charge it, but you're better off turning it on first.

9. It's on. What's next?
Follow the instructions as displayed. Read carefully and make sure you follow them one at a time. If you're afraid of doing that, you can always ask me to help set it up for you when you purchase the 3DS.

10. Should I set the country setting to Malaysia?
Ah, frankly speaking, I'd recommend setting it to United States. This is for the Nintendo E-Shop purposes. We will get to that in another section.

11. What about the state in US?
Ok. Put the console down for a moment and go Google a Tax Free state in the US. Then, put that state in. We will get to this later.

12. Ok! I'm done with the setting. What should I do now?
Boot a game! Play with the music editor, do something wild. Throw it to a dog. You choose.

13. Alright fine, can I look at the menu first?
Sure2.

14. I've heard of system updates for the 3DS. How do I do that?
Simple. First, you can choose to log into online to get it updated Over The Air (OTA). Or, a much simpler one is to buy one of the latest games and the update would already be included in the cartridge. Just follow the steps again since it's easy.

15. Can I choose not to update? I fear I may lose some… urh… privileges.
You can do so. Just that it won’t allow the console to be connected to the Internet. If you find that is necessary, then, do what you must.

16. What's Faceraiders?
Ah, it's a fun game where you snap someone's picture, shoot them as you use the 3DS's gyro capabilities.

17. The 3DS has GYRO???
Owh yes, so you can imagine yourself being a bit of a fool if you're playing the camera too.

18. OK. My head spins when it's on full 3D. Do you sell anything that can take that away? Maybe some pills or something.
I'D LOVE TO SELL THAT IF IT EXISTED. But no, it's a matter of practice and getting used to it really. If the level is too high for your taste, the slider can adjust it just nice.

It should be noted that you may not have this issue anymore with the New 3DS / New 3DS XL. May. Because if you happen to have problems viewing 3D images, then, that sucks.

19. Owh. So, how long does the battery last?
For 3DS, at max 3D and max volume, 3 HOURS TOPS. The longest it could go should be around 5 to 6 hours.

3DS XL extends it by another hour with it's giant battery. Although the giant screen does suck it dry.
New 3DS XL doesn't do a lot more than the 3DS though. But it has some bit of improvement. New 3DS is the same.

20. Nintendo sucks batteries. What gives?
Justification would point to the 3D part, because it gives the same amount of playtime if you were playing a DS game on a DS Lite.

21. Anyway to improve it?
There's battery packs you can purchase that claim to double the life of the battery. Well, maybe not fully double, but extra juice is always good.
I however have not seen anyone sold any New 3DS/ New 3DS XL battery pack in ever.

22. How do I play the AR Card games?
Choose the setting and place the card as instructed. Have fun with the Question Mark Box!

Nintendo E Shop Specific and NNID

1. Owh! I see the Nintendo E-Shop you mentioned earlier. Wait, why shouldn't I choose Malaysia again?
Malaysia doesn't have a dedicated server that sells the content in the e-shop. That's why US is preferred in this case.

2. So, how do I go about using the Nintendo E-Shop?
Now that you have set the country region setting to US and have chosen the tax free state, then you’re almost half way done. Now, we need to create your Nintendo Network ID.

3. What is the Nintendo Network ID?
The Nintendo Network ID is your dedicated Nintendo account which you can use to purchase E-Shop contents on the Nintendo E-Shop. While this FAQ mainly focuses on the 3DS, this also applies to the WiiU.

4. How do I get the Nintendo Network ID?
You will need your email address, your full name, a FAKE US ADDRESS and you are good to go. Owh, this needs to be registered as you are connected to the Internet. So, that too. Key in the details as instructed and walah.

5. Wait, a FAKE US ADDRESS???
Remember how I said that Malaysia doesn’t have a dedicated server issue? Well, this is the somewhat workaround for people who don’t live in the US. That being said, it does not have to be “fake” per se. It needs to be an address within the US itself.

6. Urm… Sounds complicated. What address in the US can you use then?
Young padawan, I can show you the door, but only you can walk to it.

7. Did you really have to go Star Wars on me?
Do or do not. There is no try.

8. NOT HELPING KYO.
I can’t supply you that info because that would be against the law. But I have been mentioning a specific uncle that has been helpful all this while for that detail no?

9. Google?
You said it not me.

10. Ok, I got the ID setup and everything is now working fine. What kind of content can I expect from the Nintendo E-Shop?
Loads! You have got cheap digital exclusive games, E Shop exclusive games, Nintendo’s Virtual Console initiatives of past relics for you to play, demos, videos attached to recent games and so on. There is a whole lot of stuff here.

11. Whoa awesome. But, how do I go around buying this thing?
Using the US Nintendo E Shop Cash Code. Well, provided your console is the US console that is.

12. When you say US Nintendo E Shop Cash Code, I am guessing that my Australian or Japanese E Shop Cash Code won’t work on my US console right?
Right you are. E Shops are region locked as well.

13. Where do I get the E Shop Cash Codes?
Kyo has them consistently. Serious. I am your easiest option to buy the E Shop Cash Codes. Find them at the Products page. Not sure where? http://kyosgamemart.com/collections/ninten...shop-cash-codes

However, as alternatives, your reputable sellers from earlier also sell these without a doubt. You can also try and hunt them online from other providers. But, from what I heard, not that reliable. Stick to your local retailers, Kyo, or the guys at Forum.Lowyat.Net as well. You can’t go wrong there.

14. But you only sell the US ones…
You can always ask me for other regions. I can get them too ya know.

15. How come the price for the E Shop Cash Code is expensive? I thought it is a direct USD conversion?
Not at all. That is simply not the case. In the US, what happens is that the cash codes are charged at an extra USD 3 from the amount that you wish to purchase. For example, a USD 10 would go to USD 13 instead. This is common everywhere in the US.

TLDR, USD 3 is our untung. Also, I have written about this topic in legnth from a previous blog post.

16. Ah I see. Ok I have gotten myself a code now. How do I go about redeeming it?
Head to the Nintendo E Shop, access Menu, scroll down to “Add Funds”. Then, click on Redeem a Nintendo eShop card and key in what you got.

17. Can’t I do this at the “Redeem Download Code” under Menu?
That doesn’t work. That only applies to digital games that you may have been able to buy from Amazon.com or Ebay as examples.

18. Wait, I can buy from them? Why should I buy from you then?
Well, go give it a try.

19. Crap, it doesn’t accept my Malaysian Credit Card.
I rest my case.

20. You knew about this didn’t you?
Of course. But I believe the best teachers are experience and our own mistakes.

21. You cheeky b*st*rd.
/Lights up a cigarette.

22. Kyo! How come I’m being charged for taxes on the E Shop! This is not right!
Then the state setting that you keyed in incurs taxes.  Also, make sure that the address you keyed in and the state and the zip code matches all the way. If not, it won’t work.

23. What if I still want to use my Malaysian Credit Card for the eShop instead? Is there a workaround to this?
There have been reports that the Canadian eShop accepts Malaysian Credit Cards for the past few years now. And there has been no change to that in recent memory. However, in order to access this, I believe you need to create a separate Canadian Nintendo Network ID and go through all the process again from earlier. So, choose wisely.

24. Choose wisely? How come? What’s the worst that can happen?
When it comes to using the Canadian eShop, it should be noted that in the event of a new console being released in the future, you would be stuck with that ID. Plus, you may no longer be able to use your Malaysian Credit Card on the Canadian eShop if Nintendo decides to cancel its privileges to you. (It happened with the Brazil Hack on the Wii in the past).

25. So, if use the US eShop, I pay more. But if I use the Canadian eShop, I risk having my games stuck in the 3DS and lose access to use Malaysian Credit Card in the Canadian eShop in the future?
Righto.

26. Ok, any other tips I should know about the E Shop?
Here's some:
- Find a state that doesn't charge you taxes. You can Google to find it out.
- Unfortunately, the E Shop doesn't support Malaysian credit cards. So buy the 3DS cash codes.
- If you plan to download a lot of stuff, get a bigger SD card.
- There's a SLEW OF DEMOS in the E Shop. That's your best bet in trying a game first before actually purchasing it.

Other Nintendo 3DS Trivia
1. In case my 3DS breaks down, what should I do?
If you bought the Malaysian version and you're still covered under the warranty period, follow the warranty card supplied. If you bought the US version, send it to a shop for repair if there exists one. I would normally recommend Games Solution at Pertama Complex. Unfortunately, Kyo doesn't do repairs. (Even if i'd like to)

Most of the retailers provide warranty nowadays. Some courtesy of Maxsoft.

2. KYO. I WANT NINTENDO VIDEO.
What? Nintendo Video? Amender tu? (What the frik is that?) Anyhoo, Nintendo Video used to be a collection of shows made available for the US consumers. However, the videos have moved to the eShop instead. So, find them there.

3. I want to be greedy. GIVE ME NINTENDO ZONE!
Honestly, you don’t need this anymore. The Nintendo Zone used to be a Wifi Hotspot that you can download various Nintendo contents from those hotspots. This of course happens in the US. However, there has been no recent updates to it even though it’s still ongoing and still available for download. All you need is in the eShop. Really.

4. Hey Kyo, is the Circle Pad / Circle Pad Pro necessary?
Frankly speaking, not really. There's a limited number of games that support it at the moment. But somehow, the major titles get that good treatment.

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Final Fantasy Explorers Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, even Kid Icarus Uprising, and Resident Evil Revelations. What, I said that twice? Owh, because every human being should play that game on the 3DS. I am serious. With headphones, in the night. Enjoy. It's horrifyingly fantastic.

(The Nintendo Wikia outlined 24 titles that supports it. Compared to the hundreds that were released, you do the math.)

This is especially not necessary if you have the New 3DS XL or New 3DS. The C Stick has what you need. But, you may want to invest in a grip instead. The New 3DS has been known to cause some sort of strain.

5. Hey Kyo, I just noticed, the market is now selling Refurbished 3DS XLs? What is this?
Refurbished 3DS XLs are basically units that have been taken in by Nintendo and they have repaired them. Once repaired, the consoles are then sold back to the consumers. Normally these units came from small defects or have had screens and buttons replaced.

6. WHOA! That sounds serious. Why is Nintendo reselling back these units anyways?
If an item can be repaired, why not? It shouldn't just be left at the corner. Besides, if you can earn money after replacing some items, i don't see a problem. Just that, be wary that these units have had pizza stains remaining on them. That being said, the Muslim community might take caution (although, I don't see a need to cuci the 3DS XL anyways).

7. How do I know the unit I'm buying is refurbished?
Stellios' Post on a Refurbished 3DS XL's Picture

The most glaring is when you see the big red tape that tells people that it is a refurbished unit.

8. KYO! What's this big blue tape that's covering a certain section of the box on my 3DS XL?
That, my dear friend, is apparently someone trying to hide the refurbished console's track. If the dude is trying to sell you and tells you it's a new unit, DON'T BUY THAT.

Mr. Shiney's "Concealed 3DS XL Unit"

9. Is it actually advisable for me to buy this?
To be honest with you, there is no real danger nor harm. In fact, there should not be. It works just fine as any other 3DS XL, just that some components may have been replaced or repaired before it was resold to you.

But if you like your items brand new, just ensure that you are not being sold a refurbished unit instead. You should not be lied to at any case.

10. What is your opinion on these refurbished units then Kyo?
Personally, I have no problem with people buying these units. Heck, I was also offered to sell refurbished units recently.

HOWEVER, I want to make it clear, that in keeping with the highest qualities possible in the 3DS XL units, Kyo will not sell any refurbished consoles unless mentioned/required to. I believe that having a new one helps a lot more in providing you with a safer feeling and better satisfaction.

11. So, if you're not selling the refurbished units, may I know who is selling them?
As I personally do not endorse refurbished products, I will not be posting names and links of those who are selling them.

HOWEVER, you are more than encouraged to take a look at the Console Couch Garage Sales thread at Forum Lowyat. There are a few who are selling that at the moment. REMEMBER, always ensure that you are getting what you asked for. 

Interestingly, I haven't seen any of the units lately in 2016.

12. Kyo, why are you not selling the Nintendo 3DS anymore? (He/She meant the classic one, the smaller size)
Ah... I was told by the Official Nintendo supplier that they have sent it all back to the relevant supplier in South East Asia. Since it was not making any sales at the office, hence it was basically an ultimate decision that had to be made. sad.gif
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=58129390

Another FAQ ....
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B0kc6z-...7XuGKAagj8/edit

This post has been edited by kenjixx: Jun 11 2016, 07:52 PM
KLlee
post Feb 25 2015, 01:02 AM

Enthusiast
831 posts

Thank you Rei. Guess better to sell it off b4 returning.

XeactorZ
post Feb 25 2015, 01:55 AM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
29,169 posts

I love that piggy cover wub.gif
Kyoyagami
post Feb 25 2015, 10:04 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

Nintendo 3DS FAQ (2016 update)

Dear Kyo,

user posted image
From Top left: Nintendo 3DS (The first one), Nintendo 3DS XL (Big Bro), Nintendo 2DS (Gameboy Homage).
From Bottom Middle: "New" Nintendo 3DS XL (The cool kid), "New" Nintendo 3DS (The hipster).

General 3DS Facts
1. What is the Nintendo 3DS?
It's the latest iteration from the Pokemon Company, Nintendo. Basically an enhanced version of the Nintendo DS with 3D viewing capabilities, without glasses. The picture above will show you the current lineup of the Nintendo 3DS family.

2. How awesome is the 3D effects?
To be frank, that depends on the titles of the games. If it was in the menu screen however (and the initial setup), the depth is truly where it's at. Imagine seeing something that makes you feel that there's something behind the 3D screen, even when in actuality there's nothing behind it. Pop outs are not that obvious, YET.

The "New" Nintendo 3DS XL and "New" Nintendo 3DS however has achieved what is dubbed as Super Stable 3D where at any angle you view the screen, the 3D will still be visible. It's the coolest achievement yet. It encourages you turn on 3D a lot more than the previous models.

3. Which versions are available in the Malaysian market?
For 2DS: Only the US version is made available. I have heard some people selling Japanese and PAL versions, but not that prominent.
For 3DS XL: Asian and US and Japanese. I rarely see PAL units though. Also, this is somewhat almost close to extinction. You may need to find these at outskirts of town. Albeit, at higher prices.
For NEW 3DS / NEW 3DS XL: New 3DS XL is currently bersepah (scattered) all over Malaysia. New 3DS may be tougher. And yes, this is mainly the case for the US or Asian units.

4. Why the Asian ones? What's the difference between the US and Asian ones?
There is no virtual difference, except for this:-
- The adapter for the Asian one is made for Malaysian wall plugs. The US one would have to make you get a stepdown converter (RM24 usually) or a third party adapter (RM20 Usually) or a USB Cable (RM5.30 at Daiso, ALL THE TIME)
- If you're lucky to buy a new unit, the Asian one may have Maxsoft warranty. Which is pretty cool, except for having need to send it to Singapore.

5. OK. So what games can I play in it?
The Nintendo DS and 3DS games. GBA is not possible since the Nintendo DSi unfortunately.

Feb 2013: Lets improve this with some of Sethmaster's from LYN Forum's work:
NA 3DS = US and Asian (Malaysia / Singapore Distributed ones) Games only
EUR 3DS = EUR and Australian games only
JAP 3DS = JAP games only
ASI(asian) 3DS = US and Asian (Malaysia / Singapore Distributed ones) Games only. Asian titles do not have Club Nintendo points in them.
KO 3DS = Customized firmware, some games released as Region-Free, some region-locked to KO (I believe it also encompasses Taiwan and Hong Kong)
iQue 3DS (China) = Exclusive to China, plays only iQue 3DS games

Since I have created a pictorial guide, please refer it to this pretty link right here:
Kyo's Pictorial Guide in identifying a 3DS Game's Region

6. Is it region locked? Does my Asian/ US Console play US/ Asian region games?
Here is a table explaining to everyone on the region compatibility of games for the 3DS Consoles
user posted image

7. That's a bummer.
Yes indeed.

8. Wait, why is the design on the box for the Asian one and the US version different?
If you noticed, the Asian New 3DS XL is somewhat ripped off from the Japanese or PAL design of the box compared to US version. Why? Well, this is thanks to our Middle Eastern friends who actually govern the production of the console there as well. And since they hold the license and they are close to the Europe counter part, well, you know the rest of story.

Differences between the released 3DS Models

1. What is the difference between the old and “New” 3DS lineup? All I know is that the New 3DS XL is so expensive now.
You can blame the currency exchange issue, but I recommend you look at the following extras for the New 3DS /3DS XL if you really need them in your portable gaming life:
- Super Stable 3D. The 3D level has improved vastly when playing on the 3DS as it's no longer limited to just being Stereoscopic. You can turn the screen in any direction and it will produce a nice 3D image for you.
- Faster processing power. More adamant in Super Smash Bros 3DS. If you don't like waiting for your game to load, then get this because it loads faster.
- C Stick. This is the built-in nub that acts somewhat like your right circle pad for camera views. However, you should be reminded that not many games support this. If your game is not in the list (check question number 31), then you really won't need this.
- Some games like Final Fantasy Explorers limits use of 3D in their game. In other words, games like that only have 3D on the New 3DS/ New 3DS XL. But not on the old ones.
- You can now play SNES games on the New 3DS / New 3DS XL through the Virtual Console and E Shop. The previous models will never have this. Sadly.
Those are the most significant improvements that the New 3DS / New 3DS XL has to offer.

2. Would you recommend me to get a Nintendo 2DS?
For some cases, I definitely would if you are interested in plonking down some money for a Nintendo handheld. Even if it is on a smaller screen, no 3D effects, the 2DS is a very good for value system. Plus it’s somewhat easy on the hands too compared to the 3DS.
Well, that is if you can find people sending over the cheap USD 79.99 units at the moment. Seriously.

3. How easy is it to get the old or “New” ones?
Frankly speaking, the Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL (and even 2DS) are very hard to get compared to the “New” ones. I spoke to a few suppliers and they were more interested in selling the “New” ones instead because it’s the latest model. The previous models did take a dip in sales so that’s one problem.

Getting your 3DS Console

1. Kyo, where can I get either one of the 3DS consoles?
Locally, you have plenty of options. First off, Good Old Kyo has them for sale if the stocks are still available. Just be reminded I don’t provide warranty for consoles as I import them.

Next is more to the retailers with established shops. Within the Klang Valley area, don’t forget to check out Gamer's Hideout,Impulse Gaming, Heavy-Arm and so many other retailers that are carrying the consoles for sale. Outside of the Klang Valley area, be sure to check out your local malls as well. As for reputability, the first 4 named shops that I mentioned are the ones to go for.

Internationally isn’t a good idea unless you decide to find rare consoles that never get sold in this part of the world. Some limited edition ones never come in so, it’s best to take time to figure out what do you really want.

Wait, I didn’t just say I was reputable did I?

2. Yes you did.
I did not mean to do that actually.

3. You sure?
Well………… I do need to promote myself in some ways right? Was that subtle?

4. Not very subtle.
Ok. Moving on.

5. So how much is the price for a console? And what colors are available?
For the 3DS XL, good luck on finding a new one for cheap in the city. It's pretty hard now as the suppliers within the city are phasing that out and favoring the New 3DS XL instead. (New 3DS to a certain extent). Popular colors include Black, Blue, Red.

As for price, New 3DS XL should be within RM 900 to 999 in range. New 3DS is trickier since it's usually sold as a bundle with a game. So, no plain vanilla one for you. Popular colors include Black,Blue and Red as well.

6. What's the average price for the games though?
Frankly, it can go from RM 50 to RM 200. Don't be surprised if it goes over RM 200 as well. Things ain't cheap at all. That usually happens for Japanese titles.

7. What do I get in the box of the 3DS XL/2DS/ New 3DS XL?
- The Console (DUH)
- The US / Asian Adapter (This however, is not included in the box for the New 3DS & New 3DS XL. So, ensure that your reseller provides an adapter for that.)
- The Augmented Reality Cards (There's 6 of them)
- An SD Card 4GB
- The stylus (Which is actually in the console already)

8. Ok! I got my 3DS already from the awesome reputable sellers you told me. What should I do with it now?
TURN.IT.ON. What else would you want to do? You could charge it, but you're better off turning it on first.

9. It's on. What's next?
Follow the instructions as displayed. Read carefully and make sure you follow them one at a time. If you're afraid of doing that, you can always ask me to help set it up for you when you purchase the 3DS.

10. Should I set the country setting to Malaysia?
Ah, frankly speaking, I'd recommend setting it to United States. This is for the Nintendo E-Shop purposes. We will get to that in another section.

11. What about the state in US?
Ok. Put the console down for a moment and go Google a Tax Free state in the US. Then, put that state in. We will get to this later.

12. Ok! I'm done with the setting. What should I do now?
Boot a game! Play with the music editor, do something wild. Throw it to a dog. You choose.

13. Alright fine, can I look at the menu first?
Sure2.

14. I've heard of system updates for the 3DS. How do I do that?
Simple. First, you can choose to log into online to get it updated Over The Air (OTA). Or, a much simpler one is to buy one of the latest games and the update would already be included in the cartridge. Just follow the steps again since it's easy.

15. Can I choose not to update? I fear I may lose some… urh… privileges.
You can do so. Just that it won’t allow the console to be connected to the Internet. If you find that is necessary, then, do what you must.

16. What's Faceraiders?
Ah, it's a fun game where you snap someone's picture, shoot them as you use the 3DS's gyro capabilities.

17. The 3DS has GYRO???
Owh yes, so you can imagine yourself being a bit of a fool if you're playing the camera too.

18. OK. My head spins when it's on full 3D. Do you sell anything that can take that away? Maybe some pills or something.
I'D LOVE TO SELL THAT IF IT EXISTED. But no, it's a matter of practice and getting used to it really. If the level is too high for your taste, the slider can adjust it just nice.

It should be noted that you may not have this issue anymore with the New 3DS / New 3DS XL. May. Because if you happen to have problems viewing 3D images, then, that sucks.

19. Owh. So, how long does the battery last?
For 3DS, at max 3D and max volume, 3 HOURS TOPS. The longest it could go should be around 5 to 6 hours.

3DS XL extends it by another hour with it's giant battery. Although the giant screen does suck it dry.
New 3DS XL doesn't do a lot more than the 3DS though. But it has some bit of improvement. New 3DS is the same.

20. Nintendo sucks batteries. What gives?
Justification would point to the 3D part, because it gives the same amount of playtime if you were playing a DS game on a DS Lite.

21. Anyway to improve it?
There's battery packs you can purchase that claim to double the life of the battery. Well, maybe not fully double, but extra juice is always good.
I however have not seen anyone sold any New 3DS/ New 3DS XL battery pack in ever.

22. How do I play the AR Card games?
Choose the setting and place the card as instructed. Have fun with the Question Mark Box!

Nintendo E Shop Specific and NNID

1. Owh! I see the Nintendo E-Shop you mentioned earlier. Wait, why shouldn't I choose Malaysia again?
Malaysia doesn't have a dedicated server that sells the content in the e-shop. That's why US is preferred in this case.

2. So, how do I go about using the Nintendo E-Shop?
Now that you have set the country region setting to US and have chosen the tax free state, then you’re almost half way done. Now, we need to create your Nintendo Network ID.

3. What is the Nintendo Network ID?
The Nintendo Network ID is your dedicated Nintendo account which you can use to purchase E-Shop contents on the Nintendo E-Shop. While this FAQ mainly focuses on the 3DS, this also applies to the WiiU.

4. How do I get the Nintendo Network ID?
You will need your email address, your full name, a FAKE US ADDRESS and you are good to go. Owh, this needs to be registered as you are connected to the Internet. So, that too. Key in the details as instructed and walah.

5. Wait, a FAKE US ADDRESS???
Remember how I said that Malaysia doesn’t have a dedicated server issue? Well, this is the somewhat workaround for people who don’t live in the US. That being said, it does not have to be “fake” per se. It needs to be an address within the US itself.

6. Urm… Sounds complicated. What address in the US can you use then?
Young padawan, I can show you the door, but only you can walk to it.

7. Did you really have to go Star Wars on me?
Do or do not. There is no try.

8. NOT HELPING KYO.
I can’t supply you that info because that would be against the law. But I have been mentioning a specific uncle that has been helpful all this while for that detail no?

9. Google?
You said it not me.

10. Ok, I got the ID setup and everything is now working fine. What kind of content can I expect from the Nintendo E-Shop?
Loads! You have got cheap digital exclusive games, E Shop exclusive games, Nintendo’s Virtual Console initiatives of past relics for you to play, demos, videos attached to recent games and so on. There is a whole lot of stuff here.

11. Whoa awesome. But, how do I go around buying this thing?
Using the US Nintendo E Shop Cash Code. Well, provided your console is the US console that is.

12. When you say US Nintendo E Shop Cash Code, I am guessing that my Australian or Japanese E Shop Cash Code won’t work on my US console right?
Right you are. E Shops are region locked as well.

13. Where do I get the E Shop Cash Codes?
Kyo has them consistently. Serious. I am your easiest option to buy the E Shop Cash Codes. Find them at the Products page. Not sure where? http://kyosgamemart.com/collections/ninten...shop-cash-codes

However, as alternatives, your reputable sellers from earlier also sell these without a doubt. You can also try and hunt them online from other providers. But, from what I heard, not that reliable. Stick to your local retailers, Kyo, or the guys at Forum.Lowyat.Net as well. You can’t go wrong there.

14. But you only sell the US ones…
You can always ask me for other regions. I can get them too ya know.

15. How come the price for the E Shop Cash Code is expensive? I thought it is a direct USD conversion?
Not at all. That is simply not the case. In the US, what happens is that the cash codes are charged at an extra USD 3 from the amount that you wish to purchase. For example, a USD 10 would go to USD 13 instead. This is common everywhere in the US.

TLDR, USD 3 is our untung. Also, I have written about this topic in legnth from a previous blog post.

16. Ah I see. Ok I have gotten myself a code now. How do I go about redeeming it?
Head to the Nintendo E Shop, access Menu, scroll down to “Add Funds”. Then, click on Redeem a Nintendo eShop card and key in what you got.

17. Can’t I do this at the “Redeem Download Code” under Menu?
That doesn’t work. That only applies to digital games that you may have been able to buy from Amazon.com or Ebay as examples.

18. Wait, I can buy from them? Why should I buy from you then?
Well, go give it a try.

19. Crap, it doesn’t accept my Malaysian Credit Card.
I rest my case.

20. You knew about this didn’t you?
Of course. But I believe the best teachers are experience and our own mistakes.

21. You cheeky b*st*rd.
/Lights up a cigarette.

22. Kyo! How come I’m being charged for taxes on the E Shop! This is not right!
Then the state setting that you keyed in incurs taxes. Also, make sure that the address you keyed in and the state and the zip code matches all the way. If not, it won’t work.

23. What if I still want to use my Malaysian Credit Card for the eShop instead? Is there a workaround to this?
There have been reports that the Canadian eShop accepts Malaysian Credit Cards for the past few years now. And there has been no change to that in recent memory. However, in order to access this, I believe you need to create a separate Canadian Nintendo Network ID and go through all the process again from earlier. So, choose wisely.

24. Choose wisely? How come? What’s the worst that can happen?
When it comes to using the Canadian eShop, it should be noted that in the event of a new console being released in the future, you would be stuck with that ID. Plus, you may no longer be able to use your Malaysian Credit Card on the Canadian eShop if Nintendo decides to cancel its privileges to you. (It happened with the Brazil Hack on the Wii in the past).

25. So, if use the US eShop, I pay more. But if I use the Canadian eShop, I risk having my games stuck in the 3DS and lose access to use Malaysian Credit Card in the Canadian eShop in the future?
Righto.

26. Ok, any other tips I should know about the E Shop?
Here's some:
- Find a state that doesn't charge you taxes. You can Google to find it out.
- Unfortunately, the E Shop doesn't support Malaysian credit cards. So buy the 3DS cash codes.
- If you plan to download a lot of stuff, get a bigger SD card.
- There's a SLEW OF DEMOS in the E Shop. That's your best bet in trying a game first before actually purchasing it.

Other Nintendo 3DS Trivia
1. In case my 3DS breaks down, what should I do?
If you bought the Malaysian version and you're still covered under the warranty period, follow the warranty card supplied. If you bought the US version, send it to a shop for repair if there exists one. I would normally recommend Games Solution at Pertama Complex. Unfortunately, Kyo doesn't do repairs. (Even if i'd like to)

Most of the retailers provide warranty nowadays. Some courtesy of Maxsoft.

2. KYO. I WANT NINTENDO VIDEO.
What? Nintendo Video? Amender tu? (What the frik is that?) Anyhoo, Nintendo Video used to be a collection of shows made available for the US consumers. However, the videos have moved to the eShop instead. So, find them there.

3. I want to be greedy. GIVE ME NINTENDO ZONE!
Honestly, you don’t need this anymore. The Nintendo Zone used to be a Wifi Hotspot that you can download various Nintendo contents from those hotspots. This of course happens in the US. However, there has been no recent updates to it even though it’s still ongoing and still available for download. All you need is in the eShop. Really.

4. Hey Kyo, is the Circle Pad / Circle Pad Pro necessary?
Frankly speaking, not really. There's a limited number of games that support it at the moment. But somehow, the major titles get that good treatment.

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Final Fantasy Explorers Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, even Kid Icarus Uprising, and Resident Evil Revelations. What, I said that twice? Owh, because every human being should play that game on the 3DS. I am serious. With headphones, in the night. Enjoy. It's horrifyingly fantastic.

(The Nintendo Wikia outlined 24 titles that supports it. Compared to the hundreds that were released, you do the math.)

This is especially not necessary if you have the New 3DS XL or New 3DS. The C Stick has what you need. But, you may want to invest in a grip instead. The New 3DS has been known to cause some sort of strain.

5. Hey Kyo, I just noticed, the market is now selling Refurbished 3DS XLs? What is this?
Refurbished 3DS XLs are basically units that have been taken in by Nintendo and they have repaired them. Once repaired, the consoles are then sold back to the consumers. Normally these units came from small defects or have had screens and buttons replaced.

6. WHOA! That sounds serious. Why is Nintendo reselling back these units anyways?
If an item can be repaired, why not? It shouldn't just be left at the corner. Besides, if you can earn money after replacing some items, i don't see a problem. Just that, be wary that these units have had pizza stains remaining on them. That being said, the Muslim community might take caution (although, I don't see a need to cuci the 3DS XL anyways).

7. How do I know the unit I'm buying is refurbished?
Stellios' Post on a Refurbished 3DS XL's Picture

The most glaring is when you see the big red tape that tells people that it is a refurbished unit.

8. KYO! What's this big blue tape that's covering a certain section of the box on my 3DS XL?
That, my dear friend, is apparently someone trying to hide the refurbished console's track. If the dude is trying to sell you and tells you it's a new unit, DON'T BUY THAT.

Mr. Shiney's "Concealed 3DS XL Unit"

9. Is it actually advisable for me to buy this?
To be honest with you, there is no real danger nor harm. In fact, there should not be. It works just fine as any other 3DS XL, just that some components may have been replaced or repaired before it was resold to you.

But if you like your items brand new, just ensure that you are not being sold a refurbished unit instead. You should not be lied to at any case.

10. What is your opinion on these refurbished units then Kyo?
Personally, I have no problem with people buying these units. Heck, I was also offered to sell refurbished units recently.

HOWEVER, I want to make it clear, that in keeping with the highest qualities possible in the 3DS XL units, Kyo will not sell any refurbished consoles unless mentioned/required to. I believe that having a new one helps a lot more in providing you with a safer feeling and better satisfaction.

11. So, if you're not selling the refurbished units, may I know who is selling them?
As I personally do not endorse refurbished products, I will not be posting names and links of those who are selling them.

HOWEVER, you are more than encouraged to take a look at the Console Couch Garage Sales thread at Forum Lowyat. There are a few who are selling that at the moment. REMEMBER, always ensure that you are getting what you asked for.

Interestingly, I haven't seen any of the units lately in 2016.

12. Kyo, why are you not selling the Nintendo 3DS anymore? (He/She meant the classic one, the smaller size)
Ah... I was told by the Official Nintendo supplier that they have sent it all back to the relevant supplier in South East Asia. Since it was not making any sales at the office, hence it was basically an ultimate decision that had to be made. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Kyoyagami: Jun 11 2016, 01:29 PM
cressalve
post Feb 25 2015, 12:57 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

Hey guys, I am looking for a replacement for my 3DSXL circle pad. Damned rubber thing fall off and a protion of the plastic thing underneath cracked. Local gameshop at my place dont do repairs for it as they said that that part is hard to source. Any ideas?
kuroneko0509
post Feb 25 2015, 01:47 PM

~~sleeping anywhere, anytime, anyplace~~
Group Icon
969 posts

QUOTE(cressalve @ Feb 25 2015, 12:57 PM)
Hey guys, I am looking for a replacement for my 3DSXL circle pad. Damned rubber thing fall off and a protion of the plastic thing underneath cracked. Local gameshop at my place dont do repairs for it as they said that that part is hard to source. Any ideas?
summoning andrewcha for help
or if you want DIY, here's his well-written guide
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3138104
hafez13
post Feb 25 2015, 03:20 PM

excited nintendo switch fanboi
1,221 posts

the best micro sd for new3dsxl apa eh
wanna buy

hafez13
post Feb 25 2015, 03:23 PM

1,221 posts

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3479676 this one ok a?
Kyoyagami
post Feb 25 2015, 07:15 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(hafez13 @ Feb 25 2015, 03:23 PM)
Yeah should be ok.
TSkenjixx
post Feb 25 2015, 07:27 PM

my home hero
729 posts

Just get from reliable source that should be ok ady won't make a huge different
hafez13
post Feb 25 2015, 07:41 PM

1,221 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Feb 25 2015, 07:15 PM)
Yeah should be ok.
i see, hmm ok lah
but 64 and 128 is tempting..
survey dulu lah haha
Kyoyagami
post Feb 25 2015, 08:47 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(hafez13 @ Feb 25 2015, 07:41 PM)
i see, hmm ok lah
but 64 and 128 is tempting..
survey dulu lah haha
hahaha. mana2 yang sesuai.
cressalve
post Feb 25 2015, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(kuroneko0509 @ Feb 25 2015, 01:47 PM)
summoning andrewcha for help
or if you want DIY, here's his well-written guide
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3138104
Thanks, read that earlier too. So this circle pad is not on sale anywhere huh? Bummer. I need my CCP too, so, yeah... Maybe it's time to buy the new 3DS sweat.gif
andrewcha
post Feb 25 2015, 10:34 PM

On my way
668 posts

QUOTE(cressalve @ Feb 25 2015, 09:54 PM)
Thanks, read that earlier too. So this circle pad is not on sale anywhere huh? Bummer. I need my CCP too, so, yeah... Maybe it's time to buy the new 3DS  sweat.gif
You don't have to take the CPP part out, it is sold separately for the plastic analog stuff, unless that gives you a reason to change a new 3ds
FoxSeaTiger
post Feb 26 2015, 10:40 AM

Regular
1,174 posts

Hurm so hard to find new 3DS XL
cdR
post Feb 26 2015, 10:56 AM

35 posts

Need to wait for next shipment.. If you want genius gaming at wangsa walk have stock for n3ds red colour and n3ds special edition MH4U but the price is.. n3ds = RM 1250, n3ds SE MH4U = RM 1500. Crazy..
KiryuMiryu
post Feb 26 2015, 11:50 AM

2 posts

Is the n3ds can play fire emblem awakening and bravely default?
TSkenjixx
post Feb 26 2015, 12:04 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(KiryuMiryu @ Feb 26 2015, 11:50 AM)
Is the n3ds can play fire emblem awakening and bravely default?
that's a tough question rclxub.gif
yes why not...
KiryuMiryu
post Feb 26 2015, 12:12 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(kenjixx @ Feb 26 2015, 12:04 PM)
that's a tough question  rclxub.gif
yes why not...
Nice i thought it restricted to new game only. Im planning to get n3ds later, theres some rpg that i like only playable in 3ds smile.gif.
cressalve
post Feb 26 2015, 06:19 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(andrewcha @ Feb 25 2015, 10:34 PM)
You don't have to take the CPP part out, it is sold separately for the plastic analog stuff, unless that gives you a reason to change a new 3ds
Oh? Meaning there's source for the plastic analog stick thing? Do you have any info where to get hold of this pesky thing?
Pip_X
post Feb 27 2015, 10:28 AM

No miao miao...
2,390 posts

QUOTE(cressalve @ Feb 26 2015, 06:19 PM)
Oh? Meaning there's source for the plastic analog stick thing? Do you have any info where to get hold of this pesky thing?
I ade that thing. Can change on the spot for you too.
U mao u can PM sama gua.
cressalve
post Feb 28 2015, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

-snip-

This post has been edited by cressalve: Feb 28 2015, 12:04 AM
do117
post Feb 28 2015, 04:09 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

hey guys, im planning to get new 3ds xl, as long its US MY ver its good to go right? : D
cdR
post Feb 28 2015, 07:25 PM

35 posts

it's either JP, US or EU ver. no MY
Rei7
post Mar 1 2015, 06:34 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

Selling my old 3ds xl.. If anyone is interested tongue.gif

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3510191&hl=
hafez13
post Mar 2 2015, 02:03 AM

1,221 posts

U guys any feel any cramp when playing 3ds?
I need to get a grip for the new3dsxl..
Wonder orang dha buat blum grip for em
dante1989
post Mar 2 2015, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(hafez13 @ Mar 2 2015, 02:03 AM)
U guys any feel any cramp when playing 3ds?
I need to get a grip for the new3dsxl..
Wonder orang dha buat blum grip for em
my right ring finger like faked up, duno isit cause by holding n3ds too long.

for hand grip, can try get from this fellow. https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3294003 I'm planning to test the feel first before buying.

Btw, anyone got use the HORI screen protector or any screen protector for n3ds/3ds? gooding?

kaizer3000
post Mar 2 2015, 12:35 PM

Casual
450 posts

i dun see any reason get hand grip for n3dsxl....mine is super light and im lovin it! (comparing with my old 3dsxl which is lk half kg heavy....)

Rei7
post Mar 2 2015, 01:31 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(kaizer3000 @ Mar 2 2015, 12:35 PM)
i dun see any reason get hand grip for n3dsxl....mine is super light and im lovin it! (comparing with my old 3dsxl which is lk half kg heavy....)
Those grips are good for those with big hands.
It makes you game more. brows.gif
kaizer3000
post Mar 2 2015, 01:33 PM

Casual
450 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Mar 2 2015, 01:31 PM)
Those grips are good for those with big hands.
It makes you game more. brows.gif
haha...guess i hv smaller hands.
i still dun see reason to buy the grip....vita, yes i have the grip...but 3ds....hmm....nope.
carpark7
post Mar 2 2015, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

I have enough coins to redeem super Mario bros 2 or Donkey Kong country returns.Need opinion with games is better. Thks
Rei7
post Mar 2 2015, 04:58 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(carpark7 @ Mar 2 2015, 04:54 PM)
I have enough coins to redeem super Mario bros 2 or Donkey Kong country returns.Need opinion with games is better. Thks
For me Bros.2, more fun compared to Donkey Kong. I you don't have Mario 3D Land, i'd recommend that one instead of Bros.2.
Donkey Kong Country Returns felt pretty boring for me, because it feels like some old Donkey Kong game I used to play.
DaRkAnDTwisTeD
post Mar 2 2015, 05:08 PM

22 posts

Hey guys,is the games of old 3ds compatible withe the new 3ds?
TSkenjixx
post Mar 2 2015, 05:12 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(DaRkAnDTwisTeD @ Mar 2 2015, 05:08 PM)
Hey guys,is the games of old 3ds compatible withe the new 3ds?
i change the title to answer ur question... hope you see it...
carpark7
post Mar 2 2015, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Mar 2 2015, 04:58 PM)
For me Bros.2, more fun compared to Donkey Kong. I you don't have Mario 3D Land, i'd recommend that one instead of Bros.2.
Donkey Kong Country Returns felt pretty boring for me, because it feels like some old Donkey Kong game I used to play.
Thks . I have Mario 3D land already. At 1st I was thinking to get Mario bros 2 too. but after reading few games review saying donkey Kong is better, it make me to reconsider my choice.
Rei7
post Mar 2 2015, 05:20 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(carpark7 @ Mar 2 2015, 05:18 PM)
Thks . I have Mario 3D land already. At 1st I was thinking to get Mario bros 2  too. but after reading few games review saying donkey Kong is better, it make me to reconsider my choice.
It's really subjective, whichever you think is better that one should be your pick.
I have Donkey Kong before, not that fun for me, sold off after less than 1 week laugh.gif
If Topical Freeze on Wii U different story though tongue.gif
DaRkAnDTwisTeD
post Mar 2 2015, 10:33 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(kenjixx @ Mar 2 2015, 05:12 PM)
i change the title to answer ur question... hope you see it...
Thanks for your information bro biggrin.gif biggrin.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

*Does lowyat plaza selling it right now? any stock available?

This post has been edited by DaRkAnDTwisTeD: Mar 2 2015, 10:34 PM
winstein
post Mar 3 2015, 09:38 AM

3 posts

I don't see myself getting a 3DS soon, but I would like to ask anyway: would it be better to get a second-hand (old) 3DS, or a new New 3DS?

Thanks for reading.
andrewcha
post Mar 3 2015, 10:23 AM

On my way
668 posts

QUOTE(winstein @ Mar 3 2015, 10:38 AM)
I don't see myself getting a 3DS soon, but I would like to ask anyway: would it be better to get a second-hand (old) 3DS, or a new New 3DS?

Thanks for reading.
depends on your budget lo
DarkSilver
post Mar 3 2015, 01:02 PM

Idiosyncrasy
Group Icon
Elite
10,501 posts

Where can I buy a newest Nintendo 3DS XL US now?
I checked HeavyArm and Gamer's Hideout is currently out of stocks.
They'll only restock weeks by now.
Pip_X
post Mar 3 2015, 01:44 PM

No miao miao...
2,390 posts

Lazada selling it for RM999 now.
Wait weekend coupon to bring to down to RM850.
cdR
post Mar 3 2015, 03:48 PM

35 posts

Game shop in Endah parade sri petaling selling at 950. Still got stock yesterday.
me076310
post Mar 4 2015, 05:28 AM

On my way
526 posts

i want Zelda: Ocarina of time to pair with my new3Ds. Where can i get one?
KiryuMiryu
post Mar 4 2015, 12:39 PM

2 posts

Just want to ask, is US console good? I mean is the game easy to get? Usually Malaysia selling game what region since just taking interested in owning 3ds.
Pip_X
post Mar 4 2015, 01:16 PM

No miao miao...
2,390 posts

QUOTE(KiryuMiryu @ Mar 4 2015, 12:39 PM)
Just want to ask, is US console good? I mean is the game easy to get? Usually Malaysia selling game what region since just taking interested in owning 3ds.
Malaysia is selling US region game.
KiryuMiryu
post Mar 4 2015, 01:23 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Pip_X @ Mar 4 2015, 01:16 PM)
Malaysia is selling US region game.
Oh i see. Thankfully i order the correct version. haha rclxms.gif
mr11
post Mar 6 2015, 01:33 PM

Enthusiast
968 posts

https://truegamers.com.my/n3dsssbnm.html

is this the latest new 3ds xl ? or the previous ver ?
Malefique
post Mar 6 2015, 01:47 PM

0 posts

Sorry I'm not sure which thread to refer to and couldn't find a help section. I can't link my 3DS to the Malaysia Nintendo store, nor could I link it to the Singapore store. I can only link to the US store. Is this normal?
kuroneko0509
post Mar 6 2015, 02:10 PM

Group Icon
969 posts

QUOTE(mr11 @ Mar 6 2015, 01:33 PM)
https://truegamers.com.my/n3dsssbnm.html

is this the latest new 3ds xl ? or the previous ver ?
previous model

QUOTE(Malefique @ Mar 6 2015, 01:47 PM)
Sorry I'm not sure which thread to refer to and couldn't find a help section.  I can't link my 3DS to the Malaysia Nintendo store, nor could I link it to the Singapore store.  I can only link to the US store.  Is this normal?
yes. in fact it's better to either use US or Canada store depending on how you would prefer to topup your credit. For US store, you can only use prepaid code as they don't accept foreign credit/debit cards but reverse situation for Canada store. There are sellers here who sells nintendo eshop prepaid code anyway.
Malefique
post Mar 6 2015, 02:27 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kuroneko0509 @ Mar 6 2015, 02:10 PM)
previous model
yes. in fact it's better to either use US or Canada store depending on how you would prefer to topup your credit. For US store, you can only use prepaid code as they don't accept foreign credit/debit cards but reverse situation for Canada store. There are sellers here who sells nintendo eshop prepaid code anyway.
Thanks! Guess I gotta find myself some e-cards.
KrazyCheese
post Mar 8 2015, 06:11 PM

0 posts

Hi, may I know where can I purchase the NEW nintendo 3ds xl Monster Hunter 4 Bundle? If it's possible please provide me the address, website or even contact number happy.gif thanks a lot!
goodloookin
post Mar 9 2015, 05:27 PM

0 posts

Guys, I tried to connect to shop but the first time it an error message shows up and basically it asks me to change my region. So then I changed my 3ds region to US but then it takes forever and another error message shows up. It says something about the connection isn't configured correctly. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks smile.gif
TSkenjixx
post Mar 9 2015, 06:02 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(goodloookin @ Mar 9 2015, 05:27 PM)
Guys, I tried to connect to shop but the first time it an error message shows up and basically it asks me to change my region. So then I changed my 3ds region to US but then it takes forever and another error message shows up. It says something about the connection isn't configured correctly. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks smile.gif
Long time never touch my us 3ds
Can tale a picture showing the error?
KiryuMiryu
post Mar 9 2015, 10:41 PM

2 posts

Bad luck, just got my new 3ds console. Adapter working just fine and after 5minute it not working anymore. sigh..
chamelion
post Mar 9 2015, 10:44 PM

Back to Bricking
2,476 posts

Can get usb adaptor from daiso.

KiryuMiryu
post Mar 9 2015, 10:49 PM

2 posts

yeah i already order it hopefully nothing wrong with it. cry.gif
Kyoyagami
post Mar 9 2015, 10:53 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(KiryuMiryu @ Mar 9 2015, 10:41 PM)
Bad luck, just got my new 3ds console. Adapter working just fine and after 5minute it not working anymore. sigh..
Shouldn't you ask to get that replaced?
KiryuMiryu
post Mar 9 2015, 11:00 PM

2 posts

It is good idea to replace it but the shop is far from my home. Next weekend can trade in for it. So the quick solution just order it as back up. haisy why my hometown lack gaming industry. haha
mr11
post Mar 13 2015, 02:47 PM

Enthusiast
968 posts

will splaton comes to 3DS later ?
Rei7
post Mar 13 2015, 02:49 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(mr11 @ Mar 13 2015, 02:47 PM)
will splaton comes to 3DS later ?
Nope.
Chocobos
post Mar 14 2015, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

Just got my new 3DS today from Impulse. So happy with the purchase rclxm9.gif
DDSFan8
post Mar 14 2015, 10:37 PM

Regular
1,256 posts

is the new nintendo 3DS XL out yet in Malaysia ?
TSkenjixx
post Mar 14 2015, 11:25 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(DDSFan8 @ Mar 14 2015, 10:37 PM)
it's been out for weeks sweat.gif
Chocobos
post Mar 14 2015, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(DDSFan8 @ Mar 14 2015, 10:37 PM)
I have one with me right now biggrin.gif
Just get it from local sellers like Impulse Gaming, Gamers Hideout, Kyo

DDSFan8
post Mar 14 2015, 11:57 PM

Regular
1,256 posts

how much did you buy it for and does it come with adapter and usb cable ?
Chocobos
post Mar 15 2015, 08:37 AM

Getting Started
256 posts

The set comes with free power adapter only for rm890.
nill
post Mar 15 2015, 09:39 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(DDSFan8 @ Mar 14 2015, 11:57 PM)
how much did you buy it for and does it come with adapter and usb cable ?
Why do you expect NNDS will come with a USB cable?
I believe that the original 3DS doesn't come with a USB cable.
malakus
post Mar 15 2015, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

I think kyo sells his unit with adapter and usb charger
DDSFan8
post Mar 15 2015, 11:13 AM

Regular
1,256 posts

so it just comes with the console and stylus ? I never bought Nintendo products before, so I would like to know what it comes with
nill
post Mar 15 2015, 11:20 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(DDSFan8 @ Mar 15 2015, 11:13 AM)
so it just comes with the console and stylus ?
+ 6 AR cards and 4GB microSD. Almost all sellers include local adapter. Don't rush to get a NN3DS XL. Wait till the price drop to RM700 or RM800 with game bundle next year.

TSkenjixx
post Mar 15 2015, 11:46 AM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(nill @ Mar 15 2015, 11:20 AM)
+ 6 AR cards and 4GB microSD. Almost all sellers include local adapter. Don't rush to get a NN3DS XL. Wait till the price drop to RM700 or RM800 with game bundle next year.
Wait then next revision come out then wait again for price drop endless cycle
nill
post Mar 15 2015, 11:50 AM

Casual
300 posts

one more incentive to wait for price drop:
only one exclusive game for NN3DS so far, Xenoblade.
Rei7
post Mar 15 2015, 11:51 AM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

Why wait when you can freaking buy it now. Buy buy buy!
nill
post Mar 15 2015, 12:00 PM

Casual
300 posts

buy only when you have a must play game. What is your must play game for NN3DS?
Is it available in retail/eshop? Finding for certain DS/3DS games will give you a nightmare.
e.g. Pokemon Black 2 (brand new) in Amazon cost USD $60 w/out shipping.

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Mar 15 2015, 11:51 AM)
Why wait when you can freaking buy it now. Buy buy buy!
But i agree that you can buy the game first without owning the handheld. You only need the h/held if you want to buy from eshop or you can buy the game code from Nintendo.com using a US C.C.

This post has been edited by nill: Mar 15 2015, 12:03 PM
TSkenjixx
post Mar 15 2015, 12:05 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(nill @ Mar 15 2015, 12:00 PM)
buy only when you have a must play game. What is your must play game for NN3DS?
Is it available in retail/eshop? Finding for certain DS/3DS games will give you a nightmare.
e.g. Pokemon Black 2 (brand new) in Amazon cost USD $60 w/out shipping.

But i agree that you can buy the game first without owning the handheld. You only need the h/held if you want to buy from eshop or you can buy the game code from Nintendo.com using a US C.C.
Getting games at released date is easier and cheaper then few years latrr
Kyoyagami
post Mar 15 2015, 12:59 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

Beli game dulu. The rest nanti pun boleh. laugh.gif
Chocobos
post Mar 15 2015, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(nill @ Mar 15 2015, 11:20 AM)
I don't know about others, but I'd rather buy it now since it's already available before we got hit by 6% GST on 1st April & also, with ringgit fluctuation.. It's gonna be more expensive in terms of monetary value. The price of original 3DS XL doesn't differ that much with the new one. So yeah, am glad I bought it icon_rolleyes.gif

nill
post Mar 15 2015, 01:37 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(Chocobos @ Mar 15 2015, 01:33 PM)
The price of original 3DS XL doesn't differ that much with the new one.
I am sure that ori 3DS XL is around RM650, not ~RM890..

Chocobos
post Mar 15 2015, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Mar 15 2015, 12:59 PM)
Beli game dulu. The rest nanti pun boleh. laugh.gif
sejak pandai beli game original ni, saya asyik mau beli game saja icon_question.gif whistling.gif
Rei7
post Mar 15 2015, 01:45 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

Buy buy buy.. Before GST tongue.gif
Chocobos
post Mar 15 2015, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(nill @ Mar 15 2015, 01:37 PM)
I am sure that ori 3DS XL is around RM650, not ~RM890..
Isn't that the price for normal size? Online, I've seen XL price range is around RM700++. Offline, not sure.
Here in Kota Bharu consoles aren't that cheap seeing not many games shop here.
nill
post Mar 15 2015, 01:58 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Mar 15 2015, 01:45 PM)
Buy buy buy.. Before GST tongue.gif
I thought can claim back GST from gov. if it's registered company?
Dashyteehee
post Mar 15 2015, 02:01 PM

0 posts

Impulse has run out of stock when i checked yesterday. Do you guys know of any shops or person thats still has the new 3dsxl stock? Preferably in kl area
Would really like to get it before gst.

This post has been edited by Dashyteehee: Mar 15 2015, 02:01 PM
Chocobos
post Mar 15 2015, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(Dashyteehee @ Mar 15 2015, 02:01 PM)
Impulse has run out of stock when i checked yesterday. Do you guys know of any shops or person thats still has the new 3dsxl stock? Preferably in kl area
Would really like to get it before gst.
Don't forget to use the Notify Me button on Impulse's website too while you look around. They may have stock later before 1st April.
mr11
post Mar 15 2015, 04:08 PM

Enthusiast
968 posts

I think new 3ds xl won't drop too much...since rm keep dropping
Chocobos
post Mar 15 2015, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(nill @ Mar 15 2015, 01:58 PM)
I thought can claim back GST from gov. if it's registered company?
Yes, companies can claimed back the 6%. However, they still have to bear the cost before getting their claims. So, they will pass the cost to us. In short, consumers are the one paying for the taxes from all stages of transactions. Unless companies are kind enough to absorb the tax which I doubt cos it will involve a lot of advances.

Kurogane___
post Mar 15 2015, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Not sure if it is appropriate to ask this while everyone is discussing about the new 3DS, but can we still add fund by using Malaysia's CC in Canada eShop? Newbie here tongue.gif
Rei7
post Mar 16 2015, 03:38 AM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(Kurogane___ @ Mar 15 2015, 09:41 PM)
Not sure if it is appropriate to ask this while everyone is discussing about the new 3DS, but can we still add fund by using Malaysia's CC in Canada eShop? Newbie here tongue.gif
Should be alright.
DDSFan8
post Mar 16 2015, 08:33 PM

Regular
1,256 posts

so how much is it ?
Chocobos
post Mar 21 2015, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
256 posts

Anyone still looking for N3DSXL? Price has been increased though

http://www.impulse.com.my/index.php?route=...product_id=3446
http://www.impulse.com.my/index.php?route=...product_id=3444
CallMeMonkey
post Mar 23 2015, 08:14 PM

On my way
506 posts

anyone know if i buy n3ds at australia, can i still play games that i buy in malaysia??
TSkenjixx
post Mar 23 2015, 08:28 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(CallMeMonkey @ Mar 23 2015, 08:14 PM)
anyone know if i buy n3ds at australia, can i still play games that i buy in malaysia??
They game u buy in Malaysia is Us region... So no u cannot
nill
post Mar 23 2015, 08:30 PM

Casual
300 posts

CallMeMonkey, Nintendo firmly believes that region lock is good for 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, N3DS and N3DSXL.
MY = US/NA
EU = Australia
CallMeMonkey
post Mar 23 2015, 09:36 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(kenjixx @ Mar 23 2015, 08:28 PM)
They game u buy in Malaysia is Us region... So no u cannot
QUOTE(nill @ Mar 23 2015, 08:30 PM)
CallMeMonkey, Nintendo firmly believes that region lock is good for 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, N3DS and N3DSXL.
MY = US/NA
EU = Australia
dang.. sad.gif
siawgu
post Mar 24 2015, 09:56 PM

PSN : siawgu
993 posts

Version 9.6.0-24 is out

Version 9.6.0-24 available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Changes to HOME Menu:

A Home Menu Layout setting has been added to HOME Menu Settings. Users can save and load up to 8 layouts of the HOME Menu with different theme and software icon arrangements

Changes to Theme Shop:
Additional categories have been added under “View More” for easier navigation of the Theme Shop

Improvements to system stability and usability:
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS Systems Only:
Changes to HOME Menu Settings

amiibo Settings has been added to HOME Menu Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo. This feature will require a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015.
Source
CODE
http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/03/24/nintendo-3ds-system-update-9-6-0-24-now-available/

DarkSilver
post Mar 25 2015, 01:40 AM

Idiosyncrasy
Group Icon
Elite
10,501 posts

My Case Modification for 3DS XL 2015.
MARBLE CASE MOD
user posted image
More images in spoiler...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by DarkSilver: Mar 25 2015, 01:41 AM
TSkenjixx
post Mar 25 2015, 08:33 AM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(DarkSilver @ Mar 25 2015, 01:40 AM)
MARBLE CASE MOD
user posted image

look so freezingly cool yo... thumbup.gif
mitodna
post Mar 25 2015, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
All Stars
13,719 posts

want to ask, is the inbuilt 4gb microsd on new 3DS is enough for normal use without purchase game from eShop? thank you
siawgu
post Mar 25 2015, 12:07 PM

PSN : siawgu
993 posts

QUOTE(DarkSilver @ Mar 25 2015, 01:40 AM)
MARBLE CASE MOD
user posted image

Look really nice.. drool.gif
Kyoyagami
post Mar 25 2015, 02:48 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(mitodna @ Mar 25 2015, 11:37 AM)
want to ask, is the inbuilt 4gb microsd on new 3DS is enough for normal use without purchase game from eShop? thank you
more than enough.and its not built in btw.
SetsunaFSeiei Exia00
post Mar 25 2015, 09:11 PM

Casual
459 posts

My hand hurts when playing the 3DS for hours. Playing with a grip feels sooo much better. Don't have this problem with Vita.
mitodna
post Mar 27 2015, 08:47 AM

Getting Started
All Stars
13,719 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Mar 25 2015, 02:48 PM)
more than enough.and its not built in btw.
thanks.

how you guys keep your cartridge? is there a plastic housing for it?
mootalt
post Mar 29 2015, 12:27 PM

18 posts

My new 3ds upper screen is cracked (blotchy screen) maybe because of the condition of my car is too hot. Where can I repair it? I'm currently in Mid Valley, pj area.
samowong
post Apr 1 2015, 11:38 AM

Getting Started
236 posts

May i ask:

1. Where can i get DS games in Malaysia. (Googled but found none, found some on Best Buy and Gamestop, US)

2. If I indeed purchased DS games from the US, can I play them on my US 3DS XL?

Thanks.
Kyoyagami
post Apr 1 2015, 12:10 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(samowong @ Apr 1 2015, 11:38 AM)
May i ask:

1. Where can i get DS games in Malaysia. (Googled but found none, found some on Best Buy and Gamestop, US)

2. If I indeed purchased DS games from the US, can I play them on my US 3DS XL?

Thanks.
1. What title are you looking for?

2. Why not? They even work on a JP 3DS XL anyways.
samowong
post Apr 1 2015, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Apr 1 2015, 12:10 PM)
1. What title are you looking for?

2. Why not? They even work on a JP 3DS XL anyways.
I'm looking for Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the starry skies, Chrono Trigger. Actually, can you recommend good DS RPGs?

Thanks.
Kyoyagami
post Apr 1 2015, 12:41 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(samowong @ Apr 1 2015, 12:33 PM)
I'm looking for Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the starry skies, Chrono Trigger. Actually, can you recommend good DS RPGs?

Thanks.
They can still be found, but prices for those are just expensive nowadays. Last i remember CT was at RM 169 even.
samowong
post Apr 1 2015, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Apr 1 2015, 12:41 PM)
They can still be found, but prices for those are just expensive nowadays. Last i remember CT was at RM 169 even.
The ones i found on Best Buy are quite reasonably priced. I'll just order from them then. Thanks.
Kyoyagami
post Apr 1 2015, 12:56 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(samowong @ Apr 1 2015, 12:47 PM)
The ones i found on Best Buy are quite reasonably priced. I'll just order from them then. Thanks.
Hehe. Good. Just be careful and make sure you get from a good seller though. A used copy from a good seller is usually good enough.

Also, get them to bubble wrap it. And pray customs don't open it.
samowong
post Apr 1 2015, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Apr 1 2015, 12:56 PM)
Hehe. Good. Just be careful and make sure you get from a good seller though. A used copy from a good seller is usually good enough.

Also, get them to bubble wrap it. And pray customs don't open it.
They won't right? Even if they do open the parcel, they'll just find some "kiddy" games. Nothing to worry about? They're gonna tax me?
Kyoyagami
post Apr 1 2015, 03:00 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(samowong @ Apr 1 2015, 01:32 PM)
They won't right? Even if they do open the parcel, they'll just find some "kiddy" games. Nothing to worry about? They're gonna tax me?
That's the least of your concerns. It's when someone stupid decides to open it by slashing on your box that it has a big scratch on it.

It happened to a few customers I know apparently.
mattfrank
post Apr 1 2015, 03:26 PM

22 posts

NA N3ds is gonna have a price drop next month??

I held off the impulse of buying a N3ds last night.Not sure if it was a right decision,but i wanted to see if NA will finally get the small version in today's direct.

Wonder how much is the system with GST @6% now??

TBH,N3DS is really overpriced at the moment if you look at PSVita2k which far superior, but you can get one at RM600-700.

I should listen to Superbunnyhop...if unsure,just wait.

Rei7
post Apr 1 2015, 03:29 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(mattfrank @ Apr 1 2015, 03:26 PM)
TBH,N3DS is really overpriced at the moment if you look at PSVita2k which far superior, but you can get one at RM600-700.
Superior in specs, but no games to play. I own both 3DS and Vita and I've not touch my Vita for almost half a year now.
TSkenjixx
post Apr 1 2015, 03:40 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(mattfrank @ Apr 1 2015, 03:26 PM)
NA N3ds is gonna have a price drop next month??

I held off the impulse of buying a N3ds last night.Not sure if it was a right decision,but i wanted to see if NA will finally get the small version in today's direct.

Wonder how much is the system with GST @6% now??

I should listen to Superbunnyhop...if unsure,just wait.
you are totally right
just wait or just get the far superior device

This post has been edited by kenjixx: Apr 1 2015, 03:40 PM
ShinRyu
post Apr 1 2015, 03:42 PM

49 posts

Hey guys... I just bought usb cable for 3ds from daiso...should be okay to use right?
Kyoyagami
post Apr 1 2015, 03:51 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(ShinRyu @ Apr 1 2015, 03:42 PM)
Hey guys... I just bought usb cable for 3ds from daiso...should be okay to use right?
asal tak ok lak?
Rei7
post Apr 1 2015, 11:14 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

That platinum status reward....for club nintendo

https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do
luqakim
post Apr 2 2015, 04:15 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Hi guys,i just got my n3dsxl today so i just wandering what region does you choose ?
nill
post Apr 2 2015, 04:27 PM

Casual
300 posts

@luqakim, if MY or US NN3DSXL, choose US because MY don't have eshop.

This post has been edited by nill: Apr 2 2015, 04:28 PM
luqakim
post Apr 2 2015, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(nill @ Apr 2 2015, 04:27 PM)
@luqakim, if MY or US NN3DSXL, choose US because MY don't have eshop.
Ok thanks
louzie
post Apr 11 2015, 01:41 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

My upper lcd screen cracked. Is there any repair shop? And hw much would it cost
andrewcha
post Apr 11 2015, 03:35 PM

On my way
668 posts

QUOTE(louzie @ Apr 11 2015, 02:41 AM)
My upper lcd screen cracked. Is there any repair shop? And hw much would it cost
old or new model?
olembet
post Apr 16 2015, 11:12 AM

2 posts

does anyone new3dsxl dpad loose a bit?

something like this:

is it normal or what?
Savor_Savvy
post Apr 20 2015, 08:52 AM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

when will the new 3ds be available in the US?
nill
post Apr 20 2015, 01:31 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Apr 20 2015, 08:52 AM)
when will the new 3ds be available in the US?

Probably Nintendo is thinking whether to release it or not. If NX is a handheld, and announced next year, and NN3DS release this year,
i think there will a lot of angry NN3DS owners.
swimfan
post Apr 26 2015, 09:07 AM

38 posts

Got myself a new 3DS in an impulse buy yesterday. So far I'm finding Theatrhythm and Layton vs Phoenix a lot of fun, so hopefully I won't be regretting this purchase.

Anyway, wanted to say hello to the 3DS community. Hi!

Btw, anybody where I can buy US eShop codes online, i.e. just get the code immediately without shipping the actual card?
Rei7
post Apr 26 2015, 09:59 AM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(swimfan @ Apr 26 2015, 09:07 AM)
Got myself a new 3DS in an impulse buy yesterday. So far I'm finding Theatrhythm and Layton vs Phoenix a lot of fun, so hopefully I won't be regretting this purchase.

Anyway, wanted to say hello to the 3DS community. Hi!

Btw, anybody where I can buy US eShop codes online, i.e. just get the code immediately without shipping the actual card?
Welcome. Need any good game suggestion can ask me tongue.gif
Beli from Kyoyagami
swimfan
post Apr 26 2015, 05:52 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Apr 26 2015, 09:59 AM)
Welcome. Need any good game suggestion can ask me tongue.gif
Beli from Kyoyagami
Hey Rei. Been a while since I've seen you in the PS threads.

Anyway I got myself 999, Pushmo, Super Mario 3D Land, Theatrhythm, and Layton vs Phoenix for starters. Will probably get Zelda: ALBW when I finish one of these games. Any big hits I'm missing out on by not playing now?
Rei7
post Apr 26 2015, 05:58 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(swimfan @ Apr 26 2015, 05:52 PM)
Hey Rei. Been a while since I've seen you in the PS threads.

Anyway I got myself 999, Pushmo, Super Mario 3D Land, Theatrhythm, and Layton vs Phoenix for starters. Will probably get Zelda: ALBW when I finish one of these games. Any big hits I'm missing out on by not playing now?
Must play as in right away probably Fire Emblem and Zelda: ALBW. Also Mario Kart 7 if you want some racing game.
There are lots of good games on the 3DS. Just need to know what type of game you want, then can recommend.

PS is getting boring for me. Destiny then Drive Club... Then Bloodborne.. then nothing..
Most of the time just playing 3DS and Wii U. Vita also dusty life PS4 laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Rei7: Apr 26 2015, 06:00 PM
Kyoyagami
post Apr 26 2015, 10:49 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

If you got 999, VLR as well is a must.
swimfan
post Apr 27 2015, 06:48 PM

38 posts

Definitely getting VLR once I'm finished with 999. Actually, 999 is a major reason why I got the system in the first place yet all I know about it is that it was a well received VN/puzzle game. Haven't even seen a screenshot. sweat.gif
Rei7
post Apr 27 2015, 07:01 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(swimfan @ Apr 27 2015, 06:48 PM)
Definitely getting VLR once I'm finished with 999. Actually, 999 is a major reason why I got the system in the first place yet all I know about it is that it was a well received VN/puzzle game. Haven't even seen a screenshot.  sweat.gif
It has a very good story.
Though VLR on 3DS I heard got a savegame bug which erases itself, not sure if it's fixed or not, yet.
jsc_tidus
post Apr 27 2015, 07:32 PM

Vader's Nephew
1,922 posts

got my new 3ds xl right after it launch, so far i got fantasy life, fire emblem awakening. looking for a good rpg to buy, any recommendation? not into monster hunter cuz kinda hard to play alone. tried animal crossing too but it isnt really my type of rpg.
Rei7
post Apr 27 2015, 07:34 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(jsc_tidus @ Apr 27 2015, 07:32 PM)
got my new 3ds xl right after it launch, so far i got fantasy life, fire emblem awakening. looking for a good rpg to buy, any recommendation? not into monster hunter cuz kinda hard to play alone. tried animal crossing too but it isnt really my type of rpg.
Xenoblade Chronicles, SMT IV, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Etrian Odyssey.
ayaakera
post Apr 27 2015, 08:20 PM

19 posts

ive been interested to the "NEW" 3DS xl do you think its worth it? well i already have the normal one tho >_<
Rei7
post Apr 27 2015, 09:59 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(ayaakera @ Apr 27 2015, 08:20 PM)
ive been interested to the "NEW" 3DS xl do you think its worth it? well i already have the normal one tho >_<
Ermm the only thing I think is nice about the new one is that there is the c-stick and the new 3d feature.
Besides that the faster loading time, and download, as well as being able to play Xenoblade Chronicles.

I let you decide if it's worth it.
ayaakera
post Apr 27 2015, 10:03 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Apr 27 2015, 09:59 PM)
Ermm the only thing I think is nice about the new one is that there is the c-stick and the new 3d feature.
Besides that the faster loading time, and download, as well as being able to play Xenoblade Chronicles.

I let you decide if it's worth it.
Emm what about you? Do you sell the old one?
Rei7
post Apr 27 2015, 10:06 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(ayaakera @ Apr 27 2015, 10:03 PM)
Emm what about you? Do you sell the old one?
Yeah, sold my old 3ds xl for rm500. Then get the new one.
I buy the new one because of the c-stick for Monster Hunter..
Easier for me to bring it around without needed the bulky circle pad pro.
ayaakera
post Apr 27 2015, 11:11 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Apr 27 2015, 10:06 PM)
Yeah, sold my old 3ds xl for rm500. Then get the new one.
I buy the new one because of the c-stick for Monster Hunter..
Easier for me to bring it around without needed the bulky circle pad pro.
Ok thanks =] thinking buying new one and sell the old one xD
Btw can suggest some shop sells the cheapest one =]

This post has been edited by ayaakera: Apr 27 2015, 11:11 PM
Savor_Savvy
post Apr 29 2015, 02:47 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

How can i transfer a pre-installed game in the micro sd to another larger micro sd? Just by drag and drop via pc? How about other things in the micro sd? Can transfer via this method as well?
TSkenjixx
post Apr 29 2015, 03:28 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Apr 29 2015, 02:47 PM)
How can i transfer a pre-installed game in the micro sd to another larger micro sd? Just by drag and drop via pc? How about other things in the micro sd? Can transfer via this method as well?
Yes everything can transfer by kopi pasta
Arnaude
post Apr 30 2015, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(ayaakera @ Apr 27 2015, 11:11 PM)
Ok thanks =] thinking buying new one and sell the old one xD
Btw can suggest some shop sells the cheapest one =]
check lazada. i heard ppl say sometime you'll get coupon and you'll be able to buy new3ds around 7++ only. with the coupon of course. not sure how to obtain it tho.
swx999
post Apr 30 2015, 06:59 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Arnaude @ Apr 30 2015, 01:04 AM)
check lazada. i heard ppl say sometime you'll get coupon and you'll be able to buy new3ds around 7++ only. with the coupon of course. not sure how to obtain it tho.
i think the 7xx is excluding gst price
by the way, if buy at lazada, wonder if the warranty is included? (3ds should have warranty right?) new to here, was planning to get 1.
ayaakera
post Apr 30 2015, 09:44 AM

19 posts

finally, manage to get red n3dsxl =) *happy*
swx999
post Apr 30 2015, 09:46 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(ayaakera @ Apr 30 2015, 09:44 AM)
finally, manage to get red n3dsxl =) *happy*
where u get it and how much? biggrin.gif
is there any warranty for 3ds actually? since its US ver.

This post has been edited by swx999: Apr 30 2015, 09:47 AM
Sadru
post Apr 30 2015, 11:22 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

Was interested with new 3DS XL but the price stays around 98x.. is there any promotion going on in KL?
Kyoyagami
post Apr 30 2015, 11:24 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(Sadru @ Apr 30 2015, 11:22 AM)
Was interested with new 3DS XL but the price stays around 98x.. is there any promotion going on in KL?
Lots of it are being sold for less than that now. Check Heavyarm or Impulse Gaming or even Lazada.
ayaakera
post Apr 30 2015, 11:28 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(Sadru @ Apr 30 2015, 11:22 AM)
impulse i think got bundle with good price =)
i think they only got black =)
Sadru
post Apr 30 2015, 11:38 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

I was wondering why the warranty part only 3 months? not a year?
was this price reasonable? planning to get together with MH4U

HEAVYARM NEW 3DS XL Amiibo Pack (US Set) = RM999
Package Included:

1) New 3DS XL (Red/Black) + 4GB + Local Adapter
2) 3rd Party Screen Protector + Free Installation
3) 1 Amiibo (Below RM69)
4) RM50 HeavyArm Cash Voucher*
5) 3 Months Warranty
Savor_Savvy
post Apr 30 2015, 08:01 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

QUOTE(Sadru @ Apr 30 2015, 11:38 AM)
I was wondering why the warranty part only 3 months? not a year?
was this price reasonable? planning to get together with MH4U
HEAVYARM NEW 3DS XL Amiibo Pack (US Set) = RM999
Package Included:

1) New 3DS XL (Red/Black) + 4GB + Local Adapter
2) 3rd Party Screen Protector + Free Installation
3) 1 Amiibo (Below RM69)
4) RM50 HeavyArm Cash Voucher*
5) 3 Months Warranty
The RM999 is without amiibo.
ayaakera
post Apr 30 2015, 08:02 PM

19 posts

Btw, are there any store selling n3dsxl case? Ive been searching the one without hinge and transparent clear
Savor_Savvy
post Apr 30 2015, 09:05 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

QUOTE(ayaakera @ Apr 30 2015, 11:28 AM)
impulse i think got bundle with good price =)
i think they only got black =)
Just bought red with mh4u and majora from impulse.
ayaakera
post Apr 30 2015, 09:18 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Apr 30 2015, 09:05 PM)
Just bought red with mh4u and majora from impulse.
Lol yeas, they just email me they just restock red xD
swimfan
post May 1 2015, 05:49 PM

38 posts

Anybody know where I can get a decent portable multi game cases for 3DS carts? Lugging these boxes around takes too much space and is annoying.
ayaakera
post May 1 2015, 09:09 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(swx999 @ Apr 30 2015, 09:46 AM)
where u get it and how much? biggrin.gif
is there any warranty for 3ds actually? since its US ver.
bought it from hwaching xD
swx999
post May 2 2015, 07:37 PM

1 posts

Finally get it @ gamers hideout.
Quite a huge damage to my wallet when without monthly income zzz

Sadly low price games all gone when I go there

This post has been edited by swx999: May 2 2015, 07:38 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Savor_Savvy
post May 2 2015, 09:43 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

QUOTE(swx999 @ May 2 2015, 07:37 PM)
Finally get it @ gamers hideout.
Quite a huge damage to my wallet when without monthly income zzz

Sadly low price games  all gone when I go there
Good. Total damage how much?
swx999
post May 3 2015, 01:01 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ May 2 2015, 09:43 PM)
Good. Total damage how much?
1245 cry.gif
Savor_Savvy
post May 3 2015, 08:21 AM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

QUOTE(swx999 @ May 3 2015, 01:01 AM)
1245  cry.gif
That price with 4 games? Good.

I got mine for RM1225 with MH4U and Majora.
swx999
post May 3 2015, 08:39 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ May 3 2015, 08:21 AM)
That price with 4 games? Good.

I got mine for RM1225 with MH4U and Majora.
yup coz 1 is old game @ rm19 only haha
mh4u 129 pokemon 99 each
Savor_Savvy
post May 6 2015, 08:33 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

Aiyo the NNID issue, linked with my previous 3ds? I have contacted Nintendo and waiting for a reply. I would not buy digital games anymore.
Rei7
post May 6 2015, 08:39 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ May 6 2015, 08:33 PM)
Aiyo the NNID issue, linked with my previous 3ds? I have contacted Nintendo and waiting for a reply. I would not buy digital games anymore.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/ap...endo-network-id
Savor_Savvy
post May 6 2015, 08:54 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ May 6 2015, 08:39 PM)
I just want my digital games back. I thought it is like Steam where it is attached to my nnid. Seems that I am wrong.
TSkenjixx
post May 6 2015, 09:02 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ May 6 2015, 08:54 PM)
I just want my digital games back. I thought it is like Steam where it is attached to my nnid. Seems that I am wrong.
Good luck on settling ur problem...
Rei7
post May 6 2015, 09:03 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ May 6 2015, 08:54 PM)
If you transfer it properly from your old to the new one everything is still there.
Not sure what you did wrong though. I can redownload all the games I bought from the first time I purchased at the e-Shop.

Menu> Settings/Others > Redownloadable Software > Your Downloads
Savor_Savvy
post May 6 2015, 09:11 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ May 6 2015, 09:03 PM)
If you transfer it properly from your old to the new one everything is still there.
Not sure what you did wrong though. I can redownload all the games I bought from the first time I purchased at the e-Shop.

Menu> Settings/Others > Redownloadable Software > Your Downloads
I sold my console before getting a new one.
Rei7
post May 6 2015, 09:34 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ May 6 2015, 09:11 PM)
I sold my console before getting a new one.
Then the only way to get it back is by emailing them. Pretty sure they can get it done, as i've seen people saying they got it resolved.
mattfrank
post May 7 2015, 04:03 PM

22 posts

Does anyone know how do i get DS Zelda games??

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track
Kyoyagami
post May 7 2015, 06:25 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(mattfrank @ May 7 2015, 04:03 PM)
Does anyone know how do i get DS Zelda games??

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track
Once in a weird while, Phantom Hourglass suddenly pops up in my list of orderable games though.
mattfrank
post May 7 2015, 06:39 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ May 7 2015, 06:25 PM)
Once in a weird while, Phantom Hourglass suddenly pops up in my list of orderable games though.
Please give me a head up should you be able to order these DS games for me.
-Zelda:Phantom Hourglass
-Zelda: Spirit Track

I confirm want if the price isn't outrageous.
nill
post May 7 2015, 07:45 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ May 7 2015, 06:25 PM)

How about Spirit Track?

Savor_Savvy
post May 7 2015, 08:07 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

Reply from Nintendo for my case:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. Normally I would refer you to our website, however, the New Nintendo 3DS XL NNID issue you inquired about can only be addressed by speaking with you directly. Therefore, we ask that you please give us a call.

At your earliest convenience, please contact our Consumer Service Department by calling 1-800-255-3700 any time between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week. In order to speed things along, make sure to have your system with you when you call.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Lindsay R.

Worth it to call them? Aiyo why don't they have this customer support chat or something like that?
Kyoyagami
post May 7 2015, 08:39 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(mattfrank @ May 7 2015, 06:39 PM)
Please give me a head up should you be able to order these DS games for me.
-Zelda:Phantom Hourglass
-Zelda: Spirit Track
I confirm want if the price isn't outrageous.
Please... Price is confirmed outrageous. laugh.gif
mattfrank
post May 7 2015, 08:47 PM

22 posts

Range 300 ~ 500??
Savor_Savvy
post May 7 2015, 09:31 PM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

Anybody is aware of this issue?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1009798

IPS vs TN upper screens
Sadru
post May 8 2015, 02:38 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

any shop in KL selling MONSTER HUNTER 4G EXPANSION SLIDE PAD FOR 3DS LL/3DS XL, help help guys ;D

This post has been edited by Sadru: May 8 2015, 02:41 PM
Savor_Savvy
post May 13 2015, 11:17 AM

GiRl gaMeR
2,375 posts

Any ways to calibrate a n3dsxl colour contrast?
kuroneko0509
post May 13 2015, 02:59 PM

Group Icon
969 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ May 13 2015, 11:17 AM)
Any ways to calibrate a n3dsxl colour contrast?
no
nill
post May 20 2015, 08:25 PM

Casual
300 posts

Natsume holding Memorial Day Sale on the 3DS eShop
cHaRsIeWpAu^^
post May 21 2015, 09:10 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

hi guys, will the new 3ds ll price drop further?
cheapest i found online is 930, or i just ask my fren to buy when he comes back from US, but even i direct convert usd200 to ringgit also different rm100~200 only, somemore no warranty right?

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
Kyoyagami
post May 21 2015, 10:55 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(cHaRsIeWpAu^^ @ May 21 2015, 09:10 AM)
hi guys, will the new 3ds ll price drop further?
cheapest i found online is 930, or i just ask my fren to buy when he comes back from US, but even i direct convert usd200 to ringgit also different rm100~200 only, somemore no warranty right?

icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
I think some do provide shop warranty. But if you want to get a cheap deal,better to get from US.
cHaRsIeWpAu^^
post May 21 2015, 01:41 PM

Enthusiast
808 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ May 21 2015, 10:55 AM)
I think some do provide shop warranty. But if you want to get a cheap deal,better to get from US.
thanks kyo, been following this thread since few months ago so i know you're very well-known for your knowledge on nintendo. rclxms.gif
maybe i know what's a must buy games for this console? my target is

zelda <--- where should i start because im totally zero knowledge about this, do i better start from episode 1?
pokemon <--- the latest version the better?

laugh.gif icon_question.gif
Kyoyagami
post May 21 2015, 01:58 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(cHaRsIeWpAu^^ @ May 21 2015, 01:41 PM)
thanks kyo, been following this thread since few months ago so i know you're very well-known for your knowledge on nintendo. rclxms.gif
maybe i know what's a must buy games for this console? my target is

zelda <--- where should i start because im totally zero knowledge about this, do i better start from episode 1?
pokemon <--- the latest version the better?

laugh.gif  icon_question.gif
http://kyosgamemart.com/blogs/kyo/17233365...ls-for-your-3ds

If you want something that's non Pokemon, you can read that list. Just in case lah. tongue.gif

Btw, there's no such thing as a first episode for Zelda. Ask any Zelda fan and they will tell you we have no idea which Zelda that we would start with first. haha. It's a new story every time. BUT, if you can get Zelda, go for Ocarina of Time (if you never played the Nintendo 64 version).

As for Pokemon, if you never played Ruby or Sapphire before, it's a good start. Else you may want to try Pokemon X or Y since that would be the actual latest version (new story anyways).
cHaRsIeWpAu^^
post May 21 2015, 03:59 PM

Enthusiast
808 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ May 21 2015, 01:58 PM)
http://kyosgamemart.com/blogs/kyo/17233365...ls-for-your-3ds

If you want something that's non Pokemon, you can read that list. Just in case lah. tongue.gif

Btw, there's no such thing as a first episode for Zelda. Ask any Zelda fan and they will tell you we have no idea which Zelda that we would start with first. haha. It's a new story every time. BUT, if you can get Zelda, go for Ocarina of Time (if you never played the Nintendo 64 version).

As for Pokemon, if you never played Ruby or Sapphire before, it's a good start. Else you may want to try Pokemon X or Y since that would be the actual latest version (new story anyways).
thanks man! definitely it helps alot, gonna buy the console this weekend. icon_rolleyes.gif
Kyoyagami
post May 21 2015, 04:51 PM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

No worries. happy to help. hehe.
creative zn
post May 21 2015, 09:37 PM

Dark Souls II - You will die!
1,455 posts

Hi guys.. I have 1 question. Right now im using 32gb microsd card with adapter for my 3DS XL. If i get the New 3DS XL, can i just simply swap the card, or still need to do the system transfer? Thanks.
TSkenjixx
post May 21 2015, 10:16 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(creative zn @ May 21 2015, 09:37 PM)
Hi guys.. I have 1 question. Right now im using 32gb microsd card with adapter for my 3DS XL. If i get the New 3DS XL, can i just simply swap the card, or still need to do the system transfer? Thanks.
System transfer confirm need to do
If now how ur new 3ds recognize all ur purchased
creative zn
post May 21 2015, 10:30 PM

1,455 posts

QUOTE(kenjixx @ May 21 2015, 10:16 PM)
System transfer confirm need to do
If not how ur new 3ds recognize all ur purchased
I see. Well. It seem i need to keep first my old system before sell.
Btw do i need to redownload all the games?
TSkenjixx
post May 21 2015, 10:36 PM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(creative zn @ May 21 2015, 10:30 PM)
I see. Well. It seem i need to keep first my old system before sell.
Btw do i need to redownload all the games?
no need to redownload the game since u are using microsd with adapter after system transfer just put the microsd to ur new3ds then can ady
creative zn
post May 21 2015, 10:44 PM

1,455 posts

QUOTE(kenjixx @ May 21 2015, 10:36 PM)
no need to redownload the game since u are using microsd with adapter after system transfer just put the microsd to ur new3ds then can ady
Alright. Thanks bro. smile.gif
KiryuMiryu
post May 23 2015, 10:55 AM

2 posts

Guys, is there any recommended sd card icon_question.gif ? wanna change them. 4gb seems too small since so many sales going on right now sweat.gif. Btw i heard 3ds only support until 32gb? but looking on youtube you can use more than 32gb.
Kyoyagami
post May 23 2015, 11:16 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(KiryuMiryu @ May 23 2015, 10:55 AM)
Guys, is there any recommended sd card  icon_question.gif ? wanna change them.  4gb seems too small since so many sales going on right now sweat.gif. Btw i heard 3ds only support until 32gb? but looking on youtube you can use more than 32gb.
janji murah. hahaha. I'm not sure if I have heard of anyone going over 32gb in storage (unless said person decided to go digital all the way).

The common and easily available brands is fine cam sandisk ker. Ok jer tuh.
REManiac
post May 23 2015, 11:29 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ May 23 2015, 11:16 AM)
janji murah. hahaha. I'm not sure if I have heard of anyone going over 32gb in storage (unless said person decided to go digital all the way).

yah some tutorial claimed that going beyond 32GB is possible, just have to format into FAT32
but you have to use 3rd party disk utility to do that as Windows wont recognize large memory cards as FAT32
nill
post May 23 2015, 11:31 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ May 23 2015, 11:16 AM)

My 3DS XL is using 64GB microSD Samsung but not even 1/4 full. Now hoping either Wii games are added to WiiU eshop or DS games added to 3DS eshop. DS games going to WiiU is making my head spin....
I converted to full digital thanks to Sony.

mizie77
post May 23 2015, 12:27 PM

13 posts

hello, can anyone assist me in registering the nintendo network? it seem complicated..do i need to put up a fake us address or just use malaysia?thank you
REManiac
post May 23 2015, 12:39 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(mizie77 @ May 23 2015, 12:27 PM)
hello, can anyone assist me in registering the nintendo network? it seem complicated..do i need to put up a fake us address or just use malaysia?thank you
using a fake US address will do
Rei7
post May 23 2015, 12:45 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(KiryuMiryu @ May 23 2015, 10:55 AM)
Guys, is there any recommended sd card  icon_question.gif ? wanna change them.  4gb seems too small since so many sales going on right now sweat.gif. Btw i heard 3ds only support until 32gb? but looking on youtube you can use more than 32gb.
Firmware updates makes it possible to go beyond 32gb.
Best microsd would be sandisk because it lasted the longest and never actually dies, for me at least.
mizie77
post May 23 2015, 12:46 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(REManiac @ May 23 2015, 12:39 PM)
using a fake US address will do
thank you rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
Rei7
post May 23 2015, 12:50 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(mizie77 @ May 23 2015, 12:46 PM)
thank you rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
Oregon or Alaska.
Because if you wanna buy stuff online at the eshop, there won't be any tax.
Other states have tax.

You can simply change the region any time in the settings. So no biggie.

This post has been edited by Rei7: May 23 2015, 12:50 PM
mizie77
post May 23 2015, 01:01 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ May 23 2015, 12:50 PM)
Oregon or Alaska.
Because if you wanna buy stuff online at the eshop, there won't be any tax.
Other states have tax.

You can simply change the region any time in the settings. So no biggie.
thanks for the info .hahaha.any other tips?
Rei7
post May 23 2015, 01:08 PM

Multi-platformer
1,325 posts

QUOTE(mizie77 @ May 23 2015, 01:01 PM)
thanks for the info .hahaha.any other tips?
Can't use cc to buy. Need to buy eshop topup codes.
I think that is all, really.
mizie77
post May 23 2015, 01:37 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ May 23 2015, 01:08 PM)
Can't use cc to buy. Need to buy eshop topup codes.
I think that is all, really.
ok thanks..really apprecate it
xavier7
post May 26 2015, 01:16 PM

On my way
525 posts

I have a dillema, got myself a ps vita some months ago and added a 64gb card as well, then I realized the games I really want to play is on 3DS. :S Bravely Default, MH4U, Smash Bros, etc.. Vita does have some nice games but it just doesn't felt that much of a choice with the game that I really want to play.

Thinking of either swapping with any willing souls their 3ds xl or outright getting a n3ds xl, and selling my vita later on..
nill
post May 26 2015, 01:26 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(xavier7 @ May 26 2015, 01:16 PM)
I have a dillema, got myself a ps vita some months ago and added a 64gb card as well, then I realized the games I really want to play is on 3DS. :S Bravely Default, MH4U, Smash Bros, etc.. Vita does have some nice games but it just doesn't felt that much of a choice with the game that I really want to play.

Thinking of either swapping with any willing souls their 3ds xl or outright getting a n3ds xl, and selling my vita later on..

You can keep the Vita if you like JRPG and VN.
Btw, probably E3 2016 Nintendo will announce release of NX @2017. By then, you will have to sell your 3DS if NX has b/c.

This post has been edited by nill: May 26 2015, 01:30 PM
xavier7
post May 26 2015, 01:54 PM

On my way
525 posts

QUOTE(nill @ May 26 2015, 01:26 PM)
You can keep the Vita if you like JRPG and VN.
Btw, probably E3 2016 Nintendo will announce release of NX @2017. By then, you will have to sell your 3DS if NX has b/c.
I do like jrpgs but the number of games that has English translation is meager at best, I'm using NA PSN.

Just read about NX, it could be a replacement for Wii instead of 3ds? What's b/c , backward compatibility?
geraldsoon
post May 26 2015, 09:04 PM

0 posts

Hi guys, just got myself a New Nintendo 3DSXL. I'm new here. Used to own Nintendo DS Lite.

So if there's any tips to share, please kindly share.

And add me at:
Name: phewhoop
Friend Code: 4270-3822-5973

Thanks
cHaRsIeWpAu^^
post May 27 2015, 08:59 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

hi guys, just wanna share with you guys nintendo games are on humble bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

rclxm9.gif
wookp
post May 27 2015, 09:21 AM

Casual
430 posts

just a quick question as i am confused about this region lock thing on the 3ds. I am planning to buy the new 3ds XL from Japan. Would i be able to use the handheld with the games i purchase from local shops here?
TSkenjixx
post May 27 2015, 09:23 AM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ May 27 2015, 09:21 AM)
just a quick question as i am confused about this region lock thing on the 3ds. I am planning to buy the new 3ds XL from Japan. Would i be able to use the handheld with the games i purchase from local shops here?
No cannot...
wookp
post May 27 2015, 09:43 AM

Casual
430 posts

QUOTE(kenjixx @ May 27 2015, 09:23 AM)
No cannot...
Malaysia shops are selling which region? US?
TSkenjixx
post May 27 2015, 10:02 AM

my home hero
729 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ May 27 2015, 09:43 AM)
Malaysia shops are selling which region? US?
ya la ...
other region game very uncommon to see seller sell
memphiz_zero88
post May 27 2015, 10:14 AM