39 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> House Renovation - Approval Plan, Local Authorities - DBKL/MBSA/MPSJ.. etc

views

ahpoo
post Apr 29 2015, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

if change window type and do internal wiring need approval from MPAJ?
aiskrimcup
post Apr 30 2015, 09:49 AM

Enthusiast
750 posts

QUOTE(haikalraihan @ Apr 13 2015, 11:13 AM)
Sorry to not answer all your PM.quite busy lately.
There are some popular questions into my inbox.

Q : What is building setback?
A : Building setback is maximum extension allowed by the Local Authorities

Q : How long the approval will be obtained?
A : 1-2 weeks depends on Local Authorities

Q : Can house owner use their own Tong Roro?
A : Yes & No. For DBKL & MBSA area, house owner needs to use their registered contractor but MBPJ, house owner can use their own Tong

Q : How much is the penalty to be imposed if renovation started without permit / approval?
A : 10-20x from processing fees. Example; Processing fees : RM500, Penalty : RM500x20 = RM10k

Q : What are the difference between Standard Book & Architectural Plan?
A : Standard Book only for basic extension without flat roof.

Q : Internal renovation also needs approval plan?
A : Yes if there are new internal structure (brick wall / beam)

Q : Awning installation does require a permit?
A : No

Q : What is CCC?
A : CCC is Certificate of Completion and Compliance

Q : Can house owner add more floor for intermediate terrace link house?
A: Yes can

Sharing is caring… biggrin.gif
Thanks bro! rclxms.gif
TShaikalraihan
post May 6 2015, 10:45 AM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(Bigboyz @ Apr 29 2015, 10:24 AM)
Hi, got a question. I bought a sub sale house which was extended but no permit. If I submit my plans now will I still kena the penalty?
Yes.sure kena penalty.10-20x from processing fees.depend on local authorities.

QUOTE(Antzfield @ Apr 29 2015, 12:16 PM)
Thank you so much for sharing and clarification.

In the midst of preparing for renovation including extension, these info surely very useful  rclxms.gif
No problem.

QUOTE(ahpoo @ Apr 29 2015, 03:39 PM)
if change window type and do internal wiring need approval from MPAJ?
No need but window size must be same or larger for ventilation & lighting.

QUOTE(aiskrimcup @ Apr 30 2015, 09:49 AM)
Thanks bro! rclxms.gif
Who are u?hehe.. biggrin.gif

aiskrimcup
post May 6 2015, 11:48 AM

Enthusiast
750 posts

Thanks for the informative info I mean. Previously always have difference thought with siblings and neighbor for awning. Some of them said it needs permit, some say don't. So I take your explanation, that it is actually no.
minhwa
post May 6 2015, 12:50 PM

14 posts

great sharing haikalraihan! answered some of my burning questions.

may i ask, for an endlot single terrace, how high can i raise the exterior walls? front, side, and back.

thanks.

i like your sharing. are you an id company?
minhwa
post May 6 2015, 03:44 PM

14 posts

i didnt think too much abt permits until i read your posts a few times. i am in jb, and most people here dont talk abt permits, or go the kawtim way. you are right, better to go the proper way.

but, i have already given the go ahead to a masonry guy to build a 6' side and back walls. do you think it is reasonable risk to just let this go ahead since it is just a simple project?

will this affect my future reno projects when i apply for permits?

kinggerrard
post May 6 2015, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

QUOTE(minhwa @ May 6 2015, 03:44 PM)
i didnt think too much abt permits until i read your posts a few times.  i am in jb, and most people here dont talk abt permits, or go the kawtim way.  you are right, better to go the proper way.

but, i have already given the go ahead to a masonry guy to build a 6' side and back walls.  do you think it is reasonable risk to just let this go ahead since it is just a simple project?

If you're doing extension works, should submit the plans to local councils. You can check with JB local council (Jabatan Bangunan) on the standard plans to purchase for the simple kitchen extension works.
SUSsupersound
post May 6 2015, 04:48 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(minhwa @ May 6 2015, 03:44 PM)
i didnt think too much abt permits until i read your posts a few times.  i am in jb, and most people here dont talk abt permits, or go the kawtim way.  you are right, better to go the proper way.

but, i have already given the go ahead to a masonry guy to build a 6' side and back walls.  do you think it is reasonable risk to just let this go ahead since it is just a simple project?

Do you know that local council has the rights on asking you to redo back to original on top of getting summon?
Trust me, better follow the rules, this is for you to claim insurance when something happens.
If your house caught fire, the wiring is the factor. If insurance company found out that you did renovation without approval, they can use this to reject your claim.
minhwa
post May 6 2015, 05:08 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ May 6 2015, 04:48 PM)
Do you know that local council has the rights on asking you to redo back to original on top of getting summon?
Trust me, better follow the rules, this is for you to claim insurance when something happens.
If your house caught fire, the wiring is the factor. If insurance company found out that you did renovation without approval, they can use this to reject your claim.
thank you, and gerrard too.

not extension, just building the exterior fence walls, and later the front gate. no wiring, no piping. i know, still better to go the proper way. i'll talk to the contractor.

SUSsupersound
post May 6 2015, 06:24 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(minhwa @ May 6 2015, 05:08 PM)
thank you, and gerrard too.

not extension, just building the exterior fence walls, and later the front gate.  no wiring, no piping.  i know, still better to go the proper way.  i'll talk to the contractor.
Better plan properly.
Benster124
post May 6 2015, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

I heard recently from a friend, if extend only ground floor, do not need to get architect for drawing. Instead, can buy ready made drawings available in MPS office(my house in rawang). The cost, according to them is only RM300-500.

Can any sifu here share if this is true and doable?
SUSsupersound
post May 6 2015, 08:46 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Benster124 @ May 6 2015, 07:20 PM)
I heard recently from a friend, if extend only ground floor, do not need to get architect for drawing. Instead, can buy ready made drawings available in MPS office(my house in rawang). The cost, according to them is only RM300-500.

Can any sifu here share if this is true and doable?
If tight on budget, why not? But it is quite "default" design and you shall follow close to it. Like if left got window, you shall not make the door there.
And the price they never increase thumbup.gif
But you need to ask properly all the procedures to apply.
10 years back, this is the price I got when asking(MPSeremban), but getting architect to draw, apply permit and all related procedures, all done by them, about rm1200 only at that time.

This post has been edited by supersound: May 6 2015, 08:48 PM
minhwa
post May 6 2015, 10:47 PM

14 posts

does a majlis keep a record of all the works done to a house? if i do some changes without permit, and no pengawai came, who is to know?

if there is such a record, what's its importance? affects the sale of the property?

i am just trying to understand the purpose and the law. i am not one of those that like to keep beating the law.

This post has been edited by minhwa: May 6 2015, 10:49 PM
SUSsupersound
post May 6 2015, 11:38 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(minhwa @ May 6 2015, 10:47 PM)
does a majlis keep a record of all the works done to a house?  if i do some changes without permit, and no pengawai came, who is to know?

if there is such a record, what's its importance?  affects the sale of the property?

i am just trying to understand the purpose and the law.  i am not one of those that like to keep beating the law.
Those officers won't really come and check whistling.gif
They have spies that will round your area to check illegal renovation. Usually new housing area they are more hardworking doh.gif
This law is for them to make money if you want to see it the -ve way. But with proper documents, you can prevent insurance company have excuse to deny your claim(if your house still under loan).
This same goes to TNB, if you are installing more air cond, getting 3 phase is better(while most old school electricmen say no effect). Now TNB are not using copper as cable, but aluminum.
minhwa
post May 7 2015, 09:17 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ May 6 2015, 11:38 PM)
Those officers won't really come and check whistling.gif
They have spies that will round your area to check illegal renovation. Usually new housing area they are more hardworking doh.gif
This law is for them to make money if you want to see it the -ve way. But with proper documents, you can prevent insurance company have excuse to deny your claim(if your house still under loan).
This same goes to TNB, if you are installing more air cond, getting 3 phase is better(while most old school electricmen say no effect). Now TNB are not using copper as cable, but aluminum.
thank you for enlightening me smile.gif i am a late bloomer, so, i am quote ignorant of all these adult stuff.

i am in an old taman, my house is fully paid, and it isnt insured (shocking? haha, ok, will come to that after reno.

it is a bit late to pull the brakes on the project to get a permit, so i may have to see this as reasonable risk. for sure, i have learnt a lot here.
SUSsupersound
post May 7 2015, 09:47 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(minhwa @ May 7 2015, 09:17 AM)
thank you for enlightening me smile.gif  i am a late bloomer, so, i am quote ignorant of all these adult stuff.

i am in an old taman, my house is fully paid, and it isnt insured (shocking?  haha, ok, will come to that after reno.

it is a bit late to pull the brakes on the project to get a permit, so i may have to see this as reasonable risk.  for sure, i have learnt a lot here.
I never bother to buy house insurance also, since my loan fully paid laugh.gif
For your case, indeed you are taking risk, you just have to make sure the wiring are done properly. This most of the time is the cause of fire beside gas leak.
TShaikalraihan
post May 18 2015, 01:53 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ May 6 2015, 04:48 PM)
supersound... rclxms.gif thumbup.gif

SUSsupersound
post May 18 2015, 01:58 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(haikalraihan @ May 18 2015, 01:53 PM)
supersound... rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif
Anything sweat.gif
doomdoom
post Jun 1 2015, 11:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,973 posts

if do awning on the car porch area, about 2 ft length, need submit to get approval or not? for MPKJ....
TShaikalraihan
post Jun 9 2015, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(doomdoom @ Jun 1 2015, 11:49 AM)
if do awning on the car porch area, about 2 ft length, need submit to get approval or not? for MPKJ....
Not necessary.only submit if ur carporch rc flat roof

39 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:39 PM