QUOTE(3antz @ Dec 9 2016, 04:27 PM)
Hi, I'm new to planted aquarium. Hope sifus here can help me with some questions.
Also, this is for a small aquarium.
1. Where do you recommend to buy ADA soil? maybe in loose pack.
2. Is cool temperature necessary for shrimp tank? Just put in living room without aircond can?
3. Is powersand and all the 5 vitamin bottles (bacter ... etc) mandatory?
for beginner planted and shrimp is not a good mix, shrimp is sensitive to co2 and fertilizer (especially iron and copper)
too much co2 shrimp die, too little co2 plant die
1. any aquashop, i know fish depot got sell it in PJ
2. get cherry shrimp, led fixture can heat up water if too close to water, they are not sensitive to high temperature, no need get a fan nor chiller if water not exceed 31 degree
3. powrsand + bacter make bacteria settle easily cycle ur tank faster, 5 vitamins n minerals make ur shrimps adjust 2 the new environment easily & mold easily, not madatory
get little cherry shrimp, plant mini hair grass, fern or plants that does not require high co2 and high fertilizer dose
adjust co2 to green level, dose good amount of fert and you can easily get a nice carpet of hair grass
lower co2 if shrimp die, until u r comfortable then only introduce expensive shimps like crs
or iwagumi is not up 2 ur taste thn go with monte carlo dry start 6weeks after carpet
thn only fill up the tank with water and do background scape, after another week u can introduce few fish and crs without needing to cycle the tank
as bacteria already settle in the soil
avoid getting pearlgrass / hc / ug
mini hair grass iwagumi shrimp tank or monte carlo dry start then aquascapeThis post has been edited by junsheng: Jan 2 2017, 03:07 AM