Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Music Metal Thread V3, LYN Headbanger's Lounge

views

keeying
post May 6 2017, 02:15 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(buckethead @ May 5 2017, 06:56 PM)
Great gig last night. Mustaine's singing was surprisingly good at his age. Plus side - love the intro b4 hangar18, the dual guitar solo, the sing along during a tout le monde. But the concert feel kinda short maybe due to them playing nearly non stop. And I do wish they play few more songs from countdown or youthanasia.

Missed seeing Metallica 4 years ago. To those who went to both gig, hows the comparison?
Metallica's sound system was way better
And Papa Het's showmanship was great, and filling in gaps talking to the crowd (giving themselves some chance to rest) while making the whole show more fun overall

The Megadeth show felt a bit short coz they made us wait a long time before they appeared (so long in fact some excitement waned IMHO)
Then they appeared and played non-stop without much interaction with the crowd, save for some quips about She-wolf being about his ex-friend's ex-wife(?) and the thing in Ireland
The crowd was also less energised compared to the Metallica one

They played too many songs from Dystopia, but then it was the Dystopia tour lar...
But they did play Tornado of Souls, Holy Wars and Symphony of Destruction, plus the staples Hangar 18 and A Toute Le Monde so... i was pretty happy

Oh, and Kiko was quite good
Overall, it was a jolly good show smile.gif \m/
Angel of Deth
post May 6 2017, 03:17 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

That's just the way Dave Mustaine wanted it to be. I remember reading somewhere the reasons he don't like to do too much talking in-between songs or sing along because the crowd paying good amount of money to see them perform.
keeying
post May 13 2017, 06:23 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(Angel of Deth @ May 6 2017, 03:17 PM)
That's just the way Dave Mustaine wanted it to be. I remember reading somewhere the reasons he don't like to do too much talking in-between songs or sing along because the crowd paying good amount of money to see them perform.
Yeah lar, just Dave being Dave lor... haha
But people also pay to get the "live" experience mah

btw, any recordings for purchase from the show like Metallica's?

Angel of Deth
post May 15 2017, 12:17 AM

Regular
1,242 posts

Yeah, I wonder if there is any soundboard or bootleg recording of the show. The sound system doesn't do them justice. Not sure if it was the acoustic or just plain bad soundstage, I couldn't hear the notes at all.
adlirazali
post May 15 2017, 08:47 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(Burnn @ May 4 2017, 01:41 AM)
Will be there. Mainly for nostalgic reason. I mean, come on.. it's Megadeth. Remember the first time you listened to Holy Wars opening riff? Read Devils Island lyrics, line by line from LP/cassette sleeve?  Debating with your friend on The Mechanix vs. The Four Horsemen? Saw them in Singapore, US and Japan. But this our time (after all infamous shit associated when you google "Megadeth + Malaysia + Banned" i.e Youthanasia cover issue, Vic Rattlehead unsuitable for the youth of Malaysia, Black Metal) and maybe the only time.. Megadeth is in Malaysia.

By the way, Meet & greet lucky winners.. Good luck
yea thanks for this. too late for me to see this post, but doesn't match my tix, so luckily unlucky sweat.gif

QUOTE(keeying @ May 6 2017, 02:15 PM)
Metallica's sound system was way better
And Papa Het's showmanship was great, and filling in gaps talking to the crowd (giving themselves some chance to rest) while making the whole show more fun overall

The Megadeth show felt a bit short coz they made us wait a long time before they appeared (so long in fact some excitement waned IMHO)
Then they appeared and played non-stop without much interaction with the crowd, save for some quips about She-wolf being about his ex-friend's ex-wife(?) and the thing in Ireland
The crowd was also less energised compared to the Metallica one

They played too many songs from Dystopia, but then it was the Dystopia tour lar...
But they did play Tornado of Souls, Holy Wars and Symphony of Destruction, plus the staples Hangar 18 and A Toute Le Monde so... i was pretty happy

Oh, and Kiko was quite good
Overall, it was a jolly good show smile.gif \m/
for me it was a great show after all. sound system was meh, but we gotta give it to the setlist. of all the deth's shows i've been to (it was my 4th or 5th) this time's setlist tapao all. 18 songs, and shewolf? horyshiet.

but man the opening act sucks big time. they should've given the chance for better, bigger band. and the one that play thrash too. not an emo-screamo band. kesian pakcik2 datang tak boleh layan band jerit2 ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

overall i like the scene of bapak2 bring along their children to this concert. good exposure for those youngsters imo. thumbup.gif
cradle0fFilth
post May 15 2017, 02:55 PM

On my way
666 posts

Comparing their performance between KL and Hammersonic (Jakarta), Dave 'interacted' more with the crowd in our homeground. haha. As i recalled, i think he told a summary of what happened with their performance in Ireland long long time ago before their encore with Holy Wars

i too agree that out of the 4 times i ve seen them (Singapore 2012, Wacken 2014, KL and Jakarta 2017), i had the best time in their KL concert. Plus, the crowd in KL is definitely more hype than those in Jakarta!

however, they did played the exactly same set in Jakarta.. i was kinda hoping they changed it abit. oh well..

keeying
post May 29 2017, 12:02 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(adlirazali @ May 15 2017, 08:47 AM)
yea thanks for this. too late for me to see this post, but doesn't match my tix, so luckily unlucky  sweat.gif
for me it was a great show after all. sound system was meh, but we gotta give it to the setlist. of all the deth's shows i've been to (it was my 4th or 5th) this time's setlist tapao all. 18 songs, and shewolf? horyshiet.

but man the opening act sucks big time. they should've given the chance for better, bigger band. and the one that play thrash too. not an emo-screamo band. kesian pakcik2 datang tak boleh layan band jerit2  ranting.gif  ranting.gif  ranting.gif

overall i like the scene of bapak2 bring along their children to this concert. good exposure for those youngsters imo. thumbup.gif
I thought the opening act was ok what... and since they made us wait so long I thought they could've played longer too
Or maybe had a few more acts play

i mean the crowd grew so bored of waiting they got excited just hearing Ace of Spades and Wasted Years being blasted from the speakers, lol

QUOTE(cradle0fFilth @ May 15 2017, 02:55 PM)
Comparing their performance between KL and Hammersonic (Jakarta), Dave 'interacted' more with the crowd in our homeground. haha. As i recalled, i think he told a summary of what happened with their performance in Ireland long long time ago before their encore with Holy Wars

i too agree that out of the 4 times i ve seen them (Singapore 2012, Wacken 2014, KL and Jakarta 2017), i had the best time in their KL concert. Plus, the crowd in KL is definitely more hype than those in Jakarta!

however, they did played the exactly same set in Jakarta.. i was kinda hoping they changed it abit. oh well..
Yup, he told the story about the Ireland thing and how he inadvertently caused a riot, and most importantly how he had no recollection of it because he was too hammered, lol
He also talked about the song She-wolf a bit

So in Jakarta he didn't talk at all?

It was a pretty good setlist, so it was a good call to repeat it!
although I did hope they would've played something fun like Mechanix or Victory, but i think that's asking for too much haha
cradle0fFilth
post May 29 2017, 03:37 PM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(keeying @ May 29 2017, 12:02 AM)
I thought the opening act was ok what... and since they made us wait so long I thought they could've played longer too
Or maybe had a few more acts play

i mean the crowd grew so bored of waiting they got excited just hearing Ace of Spades and Wasted Years being blasted from the speakers, lol
Yup, he told the story about the Ireland thing and how he inadvertently caused a riot, and most importantly how he had no recollection of it because he was too hammered, lol
He also talked about the song She-wolf a bit

So in Jakarta he didn't talk at all?

It was a pretty good setlist, so it was a good call to repeat it!
although I did hope they would've played something fun like Mechanix or Victory, but i think that's asking for too much haha
He claimed that the crowd is too quiet. then he asked us to 'shhhh' ' dont make any sound.. because it is a metal concert' #sakarsm. lol.
well, wouldnt blame the crowd, since its a metal fest. ppl go there for diff kinda bands, diff kinda genre (eg, i can easily walked to the front section during Abbath and Tarja's set, but not for the 'core' bands). During Megadeth, noted that it was reli happening at the front, but around me.. it was just me headbanging and singing as loud as i can whenever they belted out my favourite tracks

if my timetable allows it, i ll be definitely looking forward to Kreator and Vader on 31st Aug @ Singapore!
cradle0fFilth
post May 29 2017, 03:52 PM

On my way
666 posts

user posted image
Nymphetamine666
post Jun 4 2017, 06:09 PM

Enthusiast
708 posts

Just notice this thread.. keep headbanging guys
AhGuan
post Jul 8 2017, 06:56 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

Hello everyone.
Nice to see there's a Metal thread here.
\m/
mastervj
post Jul 21 2017, 04:33 PM

Reigning in Blood
866 posts

Haven't been active in a long time! Hello everyone! A fellow metal-head here from KL!
carpathia
post Jul 21 2017, 07:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

QUOTE(mastervj @ Jul 21 2017, 04:33 PM)
Haven't been active in a long time! Hello everyone! A fellow metal-head here from KL!
welcome back
dinnor
post Jul 27 2017, 12:12 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

thumbsup.gif notworthy.gif
paulhar1s50n
post Sep 5 2017, 11:08 AM

6 posts

Woah! I'm glad, I found this thread \m/
jimbet1337
post Sep 5 2017, 11:42 AM

meh
2,393 posts

Slayer coming to Manila on Nov 10th.
AhGuan
post Sep 11 2017, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Sep 5 2017, 11:42 AM)
Slayer coming to Manila on Nov 10th.
ohmy.gif

Bila mau datang Malaysia? haha
Or at least come Singapore?
carpathia
post Sep 15 2017, 09:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

QUOTE(AhGuan @ Sep 11 2017, 10:31 PM)
ohmy.gif

Bila mau datang Malaysia? haha
Or at least come Singapore?
wait till the opposition win the election..... the current state of islamification views stifles the entertainment and services industry with the ruling govt refusing to make firm stand.
AhGuan
post Sep 19 2017, 01:36 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

user posted image

Anybody been to this gig last sunday?
It was my first ever gig in my 30 years of my life tongue.gif
First time headbanging, and first time moshing laugh.gif

This post has been edited by AhGuan: Sep 19 2017, 01:36 AM
maraippo
post Sep 19 2017, 07:13 AM

~PoPoPoPoPo~
1,163 posts

QUOTE(carpathia @ Sep 15 2017, 09:09 AM)
wait till the opposition win the election..... the current state of islamification views stifles the entertainment and services industry with the ruling govt refusing to make firm stand.
Metal band have lesser resistance here.. Unlike pop singer. \m/

20 Pages « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:31 PM