20 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Music Metal Thread V3, LYN Headbanger's Lounge

views

cradle0fFilth
post Feb 9 2017, 11:19 PM

On my way
666 posts

so yeah... we r getting Megadeth in few months time. anyone up for it?
carpathia
post Feb 10 2017, 12:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

QUOTE(cradle0fFilth @ Feb 9 2017, 11:19 PM)
Pass. I have moved on from.megadeth/metalica/old 90s bands that failed to evolved. It is kinda surprising that kreator, marty friedman continues to evolve and sorta experienced a.rebirth to.their careers and.musical ambition
keeying
post Feb 11 2017, 07:14 PM

34 posts

i wanna go but dunno which ticket to buy... all so expensive!
also wondering if the tuned down versions of the older materials are going to disappoint....
adlirazali
post Feb 14 2017, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(carpathia @ Feb 10 2017, 12:45 AM)
Pass. I have moved on from.megadeth/metalica/old 90s bands that failed to evolved. It is kinda surprising that kreator, marty friedman continues to evolve and sorta experienced a.rebirth to.their careers and.musical ambition
what do you mean, evolve? what's better than old school thrash? megadeth 'evolved' once, and the outcome is risk, thanks to marty.

if i have the budget and time i'll surely wont miss them in malaysia, might be the first and the last time they'll be here. so if u have the budget and time, do me a favor, go to the concert and buy me a tour t-shirt. upah ada, no worries. interested, pm tepi.

cradle0fFilth
post Feb 18 2017, 11:35 PM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(keeying @ Feb 11 2017, 07:14 PM)
i wanna go but dunno which ticket to buy... all so expensive!
also wondering if the tuned down versions of the older materials are going to disappoint....
same here. most likely will be going (and hopefully!) but the expensive tix is a turn off. might just go for the 2nd standing pen. Since i had committed to Hammersonic Fest (which Megadeth is playing as well), i ll push my way to the front there and then =D

saw em twice, once when they came to sinkapo few years back, while another time at Wacken Fest in 2014.. enjoyed them both times. was left hanging during the SG gig cuz they din play Tornado Of Souls, but they made it up in Wacken
cradle0fFilth
post Feb 18 2017, 11:37 PM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(adlirazali @ Feb 14 2017, 03:52 PM)
what do you mean, evolve? what's better than old school thrash? megadeth 'evolved' once, and the outcome is risk, thanks to marty.

if i have the budget and time i'll surely wont miss them in malaysia, might be the first and the last time they'll be here. so if u have the budget and time, do me a favor, go to the concert and buy me a tour t-shirt. upah ada, no worries. interested, pm tepi.
i somehow share the same sentiment with you. call me boring, but i dont want any of these old school thrash metal bands to evolve. i love em when they played their old stuff. haha.. whenever i listen to them (and other thrash metal bands), automatically i ll just go through their old stuff.
keeying
post Feb 19 2017, 12:27 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(cradle0fFilth @ Feb 18 2017, 11:35 PM)
same here. most likely will be going (and hopefully!) but the expensive tix is a turn off. might just go for the 2nd standing pen. Since i had committed to Hammersonic Fest (which Megadeth is playing as well), i ll push my way to the front there and then =D

saw em twice, once when they came to sinkapo few years back, while another time at Wacken Fest in 2014.. enjoyed them both times. was left hanging during the SG gig cuz they din play Tornado Of Souls, but they made it up in Wacken
Wow, you've already seen them so many times... anyway i already bought the tix, numbered seat and very far away from the action haha

And here's a statistics of songs in their setlist... Tornado of Souls is number 13
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/megadeth-73d6a...opia+World+Tour
cradle0fFilth
post Feb 25 2017, 02:01 AM

On my way
666 posts

QUOTE(keeying @ Feb 19 2017, 12:27 AM)
Wow, you've already seen them so many times... anyway i already bought the tix, numbered seat and very far away from the action haha

And here's a statistics of songs in their setlist... Tornado of Souls is number 13
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/megadeth-73d6a...opia+World+Tour
yup proud to say i had seen the big 4 (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer), 3 out of 4 of the big teutonic thrash 4 (Kreator, Sodom and Destruction) and few other thrash metal bands such as Death Angel, Onslaught, Warbringer, DRI, Municipal Waste ... (last 2 consider as crossover thrash?). gotta love em old school stuff (most of em tbh)!

adlirazali
post Feb 26 2017, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

anyone knows if one could get backstage pass for this concert? well buying cyber army membership won't be worth it, obviously.(as if it would help anything on getting backstage passes). otai-otai sekalian, i summon thee. otai....otai....
brizina
post Feb 28 2017, 05:06 PM

7 posts

thumbup.gif Hahaha. I am in!
adlirazali
post Mar 1 2017, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(brizina @ Feb 28 2017, 05:06 PM)
thumbup.gif  Hahaha. I am in!
How far in are you? Are you this far? cool2.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

jimbet1337
post Mar 1 2017, 10:29 PM

meh
2,393 posts

QUOTE(adlirazali @ Mar 1 2017, 06:38 PM)
How far in are you? Are you this far?  cool2.gif

why not deth pitt ? biggrin.gif
adlirazali
post Mar 6 2017, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Mar 1 2017, 10:29 PM)
why not deth pitt ? biggrin.gif
from past experiences during maiden & big4 concerts, if u wanna enjoy the setlist n focus on what's happening on the stage, the front area is a not the place to be.

Unless u're a moshpit-junkie flex.gif rclxub.gif flex.gif rclxub.gif
LeaSe*lineR
post Mar 14 2017, 05:14 PM

On my way
622 posts

Halop all, sharing my attempt trying to compose something rock/metal with cheap equipment and resource smile.gif
Harap.terhibur biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by LeaSe*lineR: Mar 14 2017, 05:17 PM
alice123
post Apr 22 2017, 07:47 AM

33 posts

Fuyo.......Megadeth won grammy!!! To be honest, Dystopia is a very mediocre song. I think the grammys must be thinking, these guys have been in the music business for a long time, ahh just give it to them.

The funny part was, when they went to receive the award, Master Of Puppets was played in the background.

thefryingfox
post Apr 24 2017, 11:39 AM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

yeah just got my tix...buying the rm198 ones..i dont want to stand anymore after metallica concert...left right center all cram plus almost wanna pengsan.

got the free seating ones
Burnn
post May 4 2017, 01:41 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(adlirazali @ Feb 14 2017, 03:52 PM)

Will be there. Mainly for nostalgic reason. I mean, come on.. it's Megadeth. Remember the first time you listened to Holy Wars opening riff? Read Devils Island lyrics, line by line from LP/cassette sleeve? Debating with your friend on The Mechanix vs. The Four Horsemen? Saw them in Singapore, US and Japan. But this our time (after all infamous shit associated when you google "Megadeth + Malaysia + Banned" i.e Youthanasia cover issue, Vic Rattlehead unsuitable for the youth of Malaysia, Black Metal) and maybe the only time.. Megadeth is in Malaysia.

By the way, Meet & greet lucky winners.. Good luck

This post has been edited by Burnn: May 4 2017, 07:34 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
keeying
post May 4 2017, 02:28 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(Burnn @ May 4 2017, 01:41 AM)
Will be there. Mainly for nostalgic reason. I mean, come on.. it's Megadeth. Remember the first time you listened to Holy Wars opening riff? Read Devils Island lyrics, line by line from LP/cassette sleeve?  Debating with your friend on The Mechanix vs. The Four Horsemen? Saw them in Singapore, US and Japan. But this our time (after all infamous shit associated when you google "Megadeth + Malaysia + Banned" i.e Youthanasia cover issue, Vic Rattlehead unsuitable for the youth of Malaysia, Black Metal) and maybe the only time.. Megadeth is in Malaysia.

By the way, Meet & greet lucky winners.. Good luck
Checked my tix eagerly but.... Not Even Close, lol
i wonder if they'll play that haha

May the force be with Megadeth!! \m/

buckethead
post May 5 2017, 06:56 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

Great gig last night. Mustaine's singing was surprisingly good at his age. Plus side - love the intro b4 hangar18, the dual guitar solo, the sing along during a tout le monde. But the concert feel kinda short maybe due to them playing nearly non stop. And I do wish they play few more songs from countdown or youthanasia.

Missed seeing Metallica 4 years ago. To those who went to both gig, hows the comparison?
jimbet1337
post May 5 2017, 10:09 PM

meh
2,393 posts

QUOTE(buckethead @ May 5 2017, 06:56 PM)
Great gig last night. Mustaine's singing was surprisingly good at his age. Plus side - love the intro b4 hangar18, the dual guitar solo, the sing along during a tout le monde. But the concert feel kinda short maybe due to them playing nearly non stop. And I do wish they play few more songs from countdown or youthanasia.

Missed seeing Metallica 4 years ago. To those who went to both gig, hows the comparison?
Was at Dethpit. Sound mix was kinda bad imo.

20 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:34 PM