72 Pages « < 68 69 70 71 72 >Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [GUIDE] Postage & Shipping

derravile
post Apr 24 2014, 07:29 PM

Choking on my aspirations
1,925 posts

hi guys any idea how can we ship heavy parcel?

planning to ship tyre wheels overseas, whats the cheapest i can get by air/sea

weight ard 4 x13kg (50cm x 50cm x 20cm) box
Boy96
post May 10 2014, 12:04 AM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Here's the issue, My dad dropped his iPhone 5S at CEBU Airport, fortunately, the phone was found and was given to my dad's travel agent, but how to courier back here to Malaysia? FEDEX said they cant deliver items that have batteries, DHL say need to go to kastam fillup some form, whats the procedure actually?
Narukami
post May 13 2014, 04:09 PM

0 posts

Hi,

Has anyone tried mailing a parcel to the US using PosLaju (Economy Air Parcel) before? I don't have the dimensions for the shipping box yet as I am still searching for a smaller one but the weight of the item plus shipping box should be around 1kg. However, I heard that the dimensions of the shipping box doesn't matter if I'm using the Economy method. Anyways, was wondering of they are reliable cause other options like DHL, FedEx and UPS were just too expensive for me.

Thanks.
AskarPerang
post May 13 2014, 06:10 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

QUOTE(Narukami @ May 13 2014, 04:09 PM)
Hi,

Has anyone tried mailing a parcel to the US using PosLaju (Economy Air Parcel) before?  I don't have the dimensions for the shipping box yet as I am still searching for a smaller one but the weight of the item plus shipping box should be around 1kg.  However, I heard that the dimensions of the shipping box doesn't matter if I'm using the Economy method.  Anyways, was wondering of they are reliable cause other options like DHL, FedEx and UPS were just too expensive for me.

Thanks.
got two type of weighing system.
1. normal weight of the item
2. volumetric weight of the item (base on dimension)

pos malaysia will take which rate is higher.

by the way, you can also go for flexipack. like a prepaid system at pos malaysia.
read more here:
http://www.pos.com.my/pos/services/interna.../flexipack.aspx

This post has been edited by AskarPerang: May 13 2014, 06:11 PM
Narukami
post May 13 2014, 09:18 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ May 13 2014, 06:10 PM)
got two type of weighing system.
1. normal weight of the item
2. volumetric weight of the item (base on dimension)

pos malaysia will take which rate is higher.
by the way, you can also go for flexipack. like a prepaid system at pos malaysia.
read more here:
http://www.pos.com.my/pos/services/interna.../flexipack.aspx
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I think my friend said PosLaju goes by weight for Economy Shipping, whereas EMS goes by both weight and dimensions.

So to mail a 2 kg item using the Flexipack (Blue Box) method would only cost rm78? Economy Shipping is rm120 if I'm not mistaken.

My main concern is whether PosLaju's service is reliable or not when it comes to shipping to the US.

This post has been edited by Narukami: May 14 2014, 11:34 AM
AskarPerang
post May 14 2014, 04:15 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

QUOTE(Narukami @ May 13 2014, 09:18 PM)
Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I think my friend said PosLaju goes by weight for Economy Shipping, whereas EMS goes by both weight and dimensions.

So to mail a 2 kg item using the Flexipack (Blue Box) method would only cost rm78?  Economy Shipping is rm120 if I'm not mistaken.

My main concern is whether PosLaju's service is reliable or not when it comes to shipping to the US.
flexipack is not express shipping like pos laju. flexipack use normal air mail only.
no tracking number for flexipack. you need to add on registered pos label for RM4.70 for the tracking number.
Narukami
post May 14 2014, 04:24 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ May 14 2014, 04:15 PM)
flexipack is not express shipping like pos laju. flexipack use normal air mail only.
no tracking number for flexipack. you need to add on registered pos label for RM4.70 for the tracking number.
Just noticed that the 2 kg box is not big enough for the item I'm trying to send. I will have to use the normal air parcel method. Thanks for the Flexipack suggestion, though; I might be able to use that next time.
Boy96
post May 16 2014, 03:13 AM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ May 10 2014, 12:04 AM)
Here's the issue, My dad dropped his iPhone 5S at CEBU Airport, fortunately, the phone was found and was given to my dad's travel agent, but how to courier back here to Malaysia? FEDEX said they cant deliver items that have batteries, DHL say need to go to kastam fillup some form, whats the procedure actually?
Any help here? Dont want to keep the iPhone for too long at cebu.. Any other options?
pali_5373
post Jul 10 2014, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

hye. i bought vape mod from greece last 2 weeks.
but yet to received it, i contacted my seller and he said the item is now on transit to malaysia from singapore. so i tracked the item using singpost track and trace.
and the item now was send back to greece.. i dont know how this thing can happen..
emailed singpost about htis and they nit yet replied.
ntw
post Jul 20 2014, 11:24 PM

One Each At A Time
1,382 posts

anybody can guide me to the sorting facility of GDEX? iinm we can submit parcel/documents after working hours at this sorting facility for urgent deliveries
soba_82
post Aug 23 2014, 12:54 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

Delete...

This post has been edited by soba_82: Aug 23 2014, 03:26 PM
janice4249
post Nov 17 2014, 10:51 AM

8 posts

Hi, anyone here has had intl surface parcel from usa or Canada?
I am relocating to another house in the same city but I have two non tracking parcels from usa n canada. It has been posted 2-3 weeks ago.
Non tracking parcels will be handled by pos Malaysia, nt poslaju??
A pos msia postman told me to get a form to change my address at the pos msia kaunter serahan.. anyone did this before? Pls help thank u
MuhdNurHidayat
post Dec 13 2014, 04:14 PM

8 posts

Hi, does anyone here know what does "Send to office" in Pos Malaysia EMS tracker means?
Does it means send to customs office OR send to post office?
This is the first time I buy things from oversea, it's a Japanese CD-DVD (both contained in same container)
user posted image

I buy from CDjapan, and I choose to deliver via EMS.
There is no genuine people selling Japanese CD-DVD in Malaysia (my friends also buying from Japan).

This is the second time I will receive thing from oversea, the first time is my friend in Singapore sending Japanese CD-DVD to me and ask me to pay only for the shipping from Singapore (RM10) and the CD-DVD is free because she buy the CD-DVD just to get the voting ticket contained in it. (It's normal for Japanese CD-DVD to contain additional stuffs like website/game coupon code, voting ticket or official member photos) She bought 20 CD-DVDs from Japan actually, just send to me one CD-DVD because I want the CD-DVD but don't want the voting ticket (she even send some bonus pictures!)

(For those confuse, the first time is only received CD-DVD but not buy but this time is the first time I buy)

I also will have a third shipping from oversea, I'm buying cosplay costume from AliExpress (second time buying from oversea, first time buy at AliExpress), but it's still in "processing order" so I don't know how it will be send, it have free shipping but I choose DHL (RM100) for that one because I see that DHL states it can deliver in 3-7 days compared to free shipping (30-60 days) and I really need it BEFORE 27th December 2014.

All oversea stuff paid by PayPal using Bank Islam debit card. All shipment from oversea are being sent to my university address. (see last paragraph after out-of-topic)

[Beyond is Out-of-topic, if there's PosLaju thread, please quote this and put at there]
For Poslaju, I only had one problem but solved, I ask my friend in Johor to buy Japanese CD-DVD for me, he is bulk-ordering. He received from Japan, and then send the CD-DVD to me via Poslaju, I was not at home when it arrived and so they put the notes. It states that I can request for second delivery, I tried to contact them via phone and email, they state that they will make second delivery but in the end they did not send it! As I was 17 years old that time (now I'm 18) I can't go to PosLaju Centre Sungai Petani because I don't have enough money* to take taxi or bus... I live in Sungai Lalang that time and I maybe need to take two different bus to go there (the Alor Setar - Sungai Petani bus, and Sungai Petani - Seberang Perai bus) because the PosLaju centre is at south Sungai Petani while Sungai Lalang is at north Sungai Petani, the bus transit terminal is at middle of Sungai Petani. At the end, my father who worked at Bandar Puteri Jaya 8AM - 8PM every day (except Sunday 8AM - 5PM) had to help me retrieve it at noon even though he should not go somewhere else during work because there's no other way and there's no hope for second delivery.

*I don't have enough money to take taxi or bus since I already use money to pay for the CD-DVD itself lol... I skip breakfast at school (RM3 a day) for few weeks to be able to save money to buy it.

Map for the particular case:
Attached Image

[Last paragraph]
For now, I don't have any problems with PosLaju and other shipment at all because I now live in university residential college (in Arau, Perlis), all things will be delivered to university mail department and I just need to go there, get the thing and sign the list (they need signature). rolleyes.gif

Received oversea so far:
- CD-DVD AKB48 "Raburadooru Retoribaa" Type-4 - Wikipedia: Labrador Retriever (song) (from Singapore)

Waiting oversea:
- CD-DVD AKB48 "Kibouteki Rifurein" Type-D - Wikipedia: Kibōteki Refrain (from Japan)
- Cloth Cosplay Costume AliExpress - Can't tell you cuz it's a surprise (from China)

Received local PosLaju (at home):
- CD-DVD HKT48 "Meron Juusu" Type-C - Wikipedia: Melon Juice (HKT48 song) from Shah Alam
- CD-DVD AKB48 "Raburadooru Retoribaa" Type-B - Wikipedia: Labrador Retriever (song) from Johor Bahru (the one explained above)
- Picture AKB48 Bonus Pictures (from various places, including Sungai Petani itself)

Received local PosLaju (in university):
- CD-DVD AKB48 "Kokoro no Purakaado" Type-D - Wikipedia: Kokoro no Placard from Johor
- CD-only AKB48 "Kibouteki Rifurein" Type-Theatre - Wikipedia: Kibōteki Refrain from Shah Alam
- Book "Jiwa 16" Vol.2 - MAL: 16 Life from GempakStarz Office (don't know where)
This post has been edited by MuhdNurHidayat: Dec 13 2014, 04:16 PM
Vickyle
post Dec 14 2014, 08:15 AM

Casual
334 posts

QUOTE(MuhdNurHidayat @ Dec 13 2014, 04:14 PM)
user posted image
Looks familiar laugh.gif
user posted image

Reference:
user posted image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Vickyle: Dec 14 2014, 09:12 AM
D.gRave
post Dec 19 2014, 01:24 AM

Casual
411 posts

hello, this is my first time import stuff from overseas that more than rm500. and i need to know if it gonna get hold by customs and the percentage of tax, since I only saw it 10%, and can it be paid by seller?

1st, its a helmet that cost rm1400
2nd, most of my friend import it and say only need to go MITI.
3rd, if got hold up, what needed to do?
ar14arshad
post Dec 26 2014, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

hi,what if a guy post an item on a saturday to johor from selangor?

when will it arrive in johor?
zhuting
post Jan 12 2015, 12:39 PM

27 posts

Any idea how pos dafter/registered post work or what is the services they provide?

and how does the charges and what is the different with poslaju?
HiArt
post Mar 9 2015, 01:17 PM

22 posts

I have a question regarding international shipping. I want to buy Audio Technica IEM from cdjapan.co.jp and perhaps opted for EMS shipping because i read somewhere on this thread that you'll received it via PosLaju. My question is, can i use a P.O Box as my delivery address to buy from CDJapan and shipped via EMS? This will be my first time doing international online shopping because my address really concern me as i know that couriers like FedEX, UPS or DHL won't shipped to P.O Box. TIA.
Molek_Prime
post Mar 30 2015, 04:56 PM

0 posts

Guidelines from Customs on travelers into Msia for duty free amount. I suppose it applied for import items as well.

http://www.customs.gov.my/en/tp/

Eric2190
post Apr 20 2015, 11:58 AM

2 posts

Is this website provide accurate calculation? I tried to input a total price under RM500, but the results still showing GST6% charge. I thought import stuffs under RM500 are non-taxable?

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-d...ax-calculation/

72 Pages « < 68 69 70 71 72 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0261sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:40 PM