77 Pages « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

views

nktious
post Aug 9 2017, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Hi, my friend got an accident while trying to U-turn and a motorcyclist bang on her car wheel and fell. They agreed not to make police report and to settle outside. She had pay for the motor damaged while a terrible momentum fall on the ground that dented the gear crush. She pay for the repair in a nearby motorcycle shop while she kept the receipt as evidence of payment.

The problem is the motorcyclist wants to receipt and not sure what is his intention of, he try to ask more claim for her the next day.

It is necessary for her to give the receipt (snap a photo of it) to the motorcyclist?
In our mind we scare they the motorcyclist will use it to claim insurance. dry.gif

This post has been edited by nktious: Aug 9 2017, 11:02 PM
TSsaigetsu
post Aug 10 2017, 09:07 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(nktious @ Aug 9 2017, 11:01 PM)
Hi, my friend got an accident while trying to U-turn and a motorcyclist bang on her car wheel and fell. They agreed not to make police report and to settle outside. She had pay for the motor damaged while a terrible momentum fall on the ground that dented the gear crush. She pay for the repair in a nearby motorcycle shop while she kept the receipt as evidence of payment.

The problem is the motorcyclist wants to receipt and not sure what is his intention of, he try to ask more claim for her the next day.

It is necessary for her to give the receipt (snap a photo of it) to the motorcyclist?
In our mind we scare they the motorcyclist will use it to claim insurance.  dry.gif
Die ade injured or not. If gor injury. Better ask him if he really wan to claim his injury or not. If yes, ur ncd burn also. Might as well ask him to claim from ur insurance

He can only make claim if he make police report.
loui
post Aug 10 2017, 01:01 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(nktious @ Aug 9 2017, 11:01 PM)

In our mind we scare they the motorcyclist will use it to claim insurance.  dry.gif
pretty sure the motorcyclist want to claim against your friend insurance

especially if the biker is injured

my suggestion is to go lodge police report now but leave out the number plate of the bike

anna est moi
post Aug 10 2017, 08:39 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

Hi,

I claim the loss of used for rm300 (6 days)for repair. But that insurance company decided to pay me only rm60, rm30 per day. How to appeal? From my house take uber to work also need rm80 round trip.
TSsaigetsu
post Aug 10 2017, 10:18 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(anna est moi @ Aug 10 2017, 08:39 PM)
Hi,

I claim the loss of used for rm300 (6 days)for repair. But that insurance company decided to pay me only rm60, rm30 per day. How to appeal? From my house take uber to work also need rm80 round trip.
Write appeal letter to them. Call oso can. But better in writing.

Show them receipt
anna est moi
post Aug 10 2017, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Aug 10 2017, 10:18 PM)
Write appeal letter to them. Call oso can. But better in writing.

Show them receipt
No receipt, still can appeal? Chances high? Rm 18 police report also don't want to pay me back
TSsaigetsu
post Aug 10 2017, 10:33 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(anna est moi @ Aug 10 2017, 10:30 PM)
No receipt, still can appeal? Chances high? Rm 18 police report also don't want to pay me back
Ask tjem to justify why pay u rm,60 only.

What car do u use? Cc?
anna est moi
post Aug 10 2017, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

Honda city, they stated there no of days required for repair of the damaged vehicles as assessed and recommended by the independent loss adjuster and shall exclude any delays howsoever and / or whoever caused, means they think only need 2 days....all also they said one, I really left my cars there for 6 days
TSsaigetsu
post Aug 11 2017, 06:25 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(anna est moi @ Aug 10 2017, 11:03 PM)
Honda city, they stated there no of days required for repair of the damaged vehicles as assessed and recommended by the independent loss adjuster and shall exclude any delays howsoever and / or whoever caused, means they think only need 2 days....all also they said one, I really left my cars there for 6 days
2 days only lor. Bnm rule said its limited tobhow many days stated bu adjuster. U can nego abit la.
Davez89
post Aug 13 2017, 05:50 AM

Kujira 🉐
1,275 posts

QUOTE(anna est moi @ Aug 10 2017, 11:03 PM)
they dont see how many days u left ur car there but from the day they took to fix it,

mine was 35 days if not mistaken but only paid me for 20+ days
mindspring
post Aug 22 2017, 09:35 AM

On my way
558 posts

when claiming for odkfk, why we as victim need to pay the betterment ourselves?

this is not fair for the victim.

TSsaigetsu
post Aug 22 2017, 11:22 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(mindspring @ Aug 22 2017, 09:35 AM)
when claiming for odkfk, why we as victim need to pay the betterment ourselves?

this is not fair for the victim.
Coz insurance will restore ur car back to its condition just before accident. Now u get NEW part. So u need to topup a bit la.
developer
post Aug 23 2017, 07:55 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

Hi all sifu here, yesterday i am involved in an accident where another party rear ended me. i am planning to rent a car today/tomorrow and use the receipt to claim it under LOU from the another party insurance.

is this doable and anyone have any success story? normally will they cover fully if we submit receipt?
TSsaigetsu
post Aug 23 2017, 09:53 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(developer @ Aug 23 2017, 07:55 AM)
Hi all sifu here, yesterday i am involved in an accident where another party rear ended me. i am planning to rent a car today/tomorrow and use the receipt to claim it under LOU from the another party insurance.

is this doable and anyone have any success story? normally will they cover fully if we submit receipt?
cases where receipts can be produced for vehicle rentals, insurers shall pay
the amount shown in the original receipts and original car rental agreement
subject to the principle of indemnity and subject always that the claimant shall
only be entitled to the rental of a vehicle of an equivalent nature to the damaged
vehicle. Such rental must be only from a rental agency/company duly registered
and licensed by the relevant authority.

Not sure on number of days
developer
post Aug 23 2017, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Aug 23 2017, 09:53 AM)
cases where receipts can be produced for vehicle rentals, insurers shall pay
the amount shown in the original receipts and original car rental agreement
subject to the principle of indemnity and subject always that the claimant shall
only be entitled to the rental of a vehicle of an equivalent nature to the damaged
vehicle. Such rental must be only from a rental agency/company duly registered
and licensed by the relevant authority.

Not sure on number of days
because i saw there's an offer for almera at mayflower car rental. 1 month around RM 2330. i scare later i take liao then they dont want to reimburse LOU then GG.

what's your advice on this matter?

anyway, the other party insurance is liberty insurance berhad.

TSsaigetsu
post Aug 23 2017, 01:52 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(developer @ Aug 23 2017, 10:43 AM)
because i saw there's an offer for almera at mayflower car rental. 1 month around RM 2330. i scare later i take liao then they dont want to reimburse LOU then GG.

what's your advice on this matter?

anyway, the other party insurance is liberty insurance berhad.
i suggest you call liberty ask them can u like rent for a month

i think cannot 1 month. only limited to number of days that your car being repaired. Repaired ok not sitting outside workshop compound waiting for your car turn to be repaired.
airtawarian
post Aug 27 2017, 08:00 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

Total Loss of Use should be >20 days but they just put 5 days.

The vehicle has been in car workshop for >20 days. Reason stated by car workshop was the representative of insurance company they took almost >2 weeks to come and inspect the vehicle. can we claim for full?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Accident_CART.pdf ( 25.86k ) Number of downloads: 26
TSsaigetsu
post Aug 27 2017, 09:57 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(airtawarian @ Aug 27 2017, 08:00 PM)
Total Loss of Use should be >20 days but they just put 5 days.

The vehicle has been in car workshop for >20 days. Reason stated by car workshop was the representative of insurance company they took almost >2 weeks to come and inspect the vehicle. can we claim for full?
Cannot.

They only counted number of days where the car is actually being repaired.

This is determined by adjuster, u can request the adjuster report.

But still can negotiate. Got k member nego dapat la lebih sikit
penanghomes
post Aug 28 2017, 01:42 AM

Regular
1,272 posts

Hi,

A car just knock me from behind. My car behind damage and dented.

So now,how do i claim from his insurance?

And what documents do i have to bring to police to make report and what other documents to bring for claiming from his insurance?

This post has been edited by penanghomes: Aug 28 2017, 01:43 AM
TSsaigetsu
post Aug 28 2017, 02:07 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Aug 28 2017, 01:42 AM)
Hi,

A car just knock me from behind. My car behind damage and dented.

So now,how do i claim from his insurance?
And what documents do i have to bring to police to make report and what other documents to bring for claiming from his insurance?
Claim from your insurance is faster. Your ncb will still safe
Go call ur insurance notify them. Make police report. Make sure other party oso make report.

Submit ur police report n police investigation to ur insurance.

77 Pages « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:34 PM