Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Edifier Fan Club V7, Audio Perfection At Home

views

ktek
post Jun 17 2014, 01:36 PM

wings wings
8,089 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ Jun 15 2014, 01:18 PM)
how am i going to do that alone, that thing weight 28kg, i think 10kg also a bit tough already sweat.gif
hi amduser wave.gif long time never see u
my body size also kurus2 like u. last time i bought 28kg item, cannot carry at all. i drag on the floor becos nobody help me angkat. dont worry as the protective packing is tough
ktek
post Jun 17 2014, 01:39 PM

wings wings
8,089 posts

QUOTE(Edifier @ Jun 8 2014, 01:48 PM)
The H690 is overall grey and black overall that gives it a subtle style. Construction is solid even though the headset is very lightweight, mostly due to the high quality plastic used. Branding is kept to a minimum and just printed on the headband.
As for sound quality, the Edifier H690 is definitely worth the consideration as I would say that it is more than impressive, especially for first time users looking for the bang-for-buck deal.
got detail specs? such as the driver size and housing material.
ktek
post Jun 17 2014, 02:49 PM

wings wings
8,089 posts

QUOTE(xFreedomBoix @ Jun 4 2014, 11:54 PM)
Hi guys.. not sure where to ask so i posted here..
Thinking of grabbing an asus xonar STX to pair with my edifier R8 2800..
Wanna ask, if i only play music from youtube, am I making full use of the sound card?
or should I get FLAC or 320kpbs MP3 audio?

When playing those HD lossless audio, do I need to change my audio playback samplerate /bitrate?
I come across the term ASIO when browsing.. it seems asus xonar stx support this... asio helps to handle the  changes of the sample rate or bitrate automatically? Or am I wrong here... and to use asio playback, i need to set foobar2000's playback to asio or something?
thanks.. kinda confusing to me..
i see you use edifier studio series speaker. are you casual listener or more on progressive /analytical listening?

youtube and mp3 encoding are mostly 44100hz
dvd and bluray rip use 48000hz

windows will automatically resample using fast method (low quality) to xonar. u will need to change the xonar panel in order to get bit perfect.
asio and wasapi function is bypass win resampler, but cannot support multi stream simultaneously like cosef mentioned above.

foobar must download asio plug in.

FLAC and properly made mp3 is up to par with your edifier. take care of your room acoustic will improve the sound path and directness.

not sure who teach u "HD lossless" ... sweat.gif very confusing

QUOTE(xFreedomBoix @ Jun 7 2014, 02:48 AM)
tweaking is changing the setting on foobar or installing components? hehe.. kinda confusing for a newbie
u can start from using resampling, noise sharpening and asio /wasapi plug in, later on slowly tune the buffer rate up to liking.
no need so many plug in, those already enough to improve sound quality.
amduser
post Jun 17 2014, 04:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,325 posts

QUOTE(lex @ Jun 15 2014, 02:50 PM)
Many shops in Low Yat Plaza will carry the merchandise to your car if requested (provided of course its parked downstairs). However you may want to consider getting a cheap foldable trolley (such as the one shown below) to help carry the heavy speaker up to your house/condo... nod.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

will try to ask around see if got any friends or neighbour can borrow me or help me hmm.gif

QUOTE(ktek @ Jun 17 2014, 01:36 PM)
my body size also kurus2 like u. last time i bought 28kg item, cannot carry at all. i drag on the floor becos nobody help me angkat. dont worry as the protective packing is tough
hardly post in forum nowadays, and very rare to lurk around this section tongue.gif

maybe i will get C5 or s530D instead of s730, a bit over budget

i wonder if i can connect my HCS2330 and new speaker together to my desktop, 1 for front another for rear laugh.gif
ktek
post Jun 17 2014, 06:15 PM

wings wings
8,089 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ Jun 17 2014, 04:38 PM)
i wonder if i can connect my HCS2330 and new speaker together to my desktop, 1 for front another for rear laugh.gif

can, just configure teh control panel become 4 channel quadraohonic
lex
post Jun 17 2014, 07:52 PM

Old Am I?
Group Icon
Staff
18,182 posts

QUOTE(Axel @ Jun 16 2014, 11:02 PM)
followed your advice, some of my other speakers worked, but nothing for center T.T
twisting it around actually did help but no sound for the center speaker. kinda feels like there's no power flowing. used wd-40 for all plugs

New Update!
All speakers are up and running but the bass got noticeably weaker though  shocking.gif  rclxub.gif
Played around with setting on Asus Audio Center (as i am using the Xonar DX) and still nothing that can help bass much
Could be broken grounding connections, which would reduce the bass. (such as internal broken wire problem). Also make sure the plugs are properly plugged in (twist around and see if there are interruptions and changes). And I would recommend using contact cleaner instead of WD40 to clean the plugs and sockets... hmm.gif

QUOTE(amduser @ Jun 17 2014, 04:38 PM)
will try to ask around see if got any friends or neighbour can borrow me or help me hmm.gif
Can find those hand trolleys at places like AEON, Carrefour and Tesco. Costs way less RM100 only (the one I've had costs me only RM45 but that was quite some time ago, in terms of years)... icon_rolleyes.gif

power911
post Jun 17 2014, 08:37 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,092 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Jun 17 2014, 02:36 PM)
I'm glad I have 2 good friends~
Axel
post Jun 17 2014, 08:57 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(lex @ Jun 17 2014, 07:52 PM)
Could be broken grounding connections, which would reduce the bass. (such as internal broken wire problem). Also make sure the plugs are properly plugged in (twist around and see if there are interruptions and changes). And I would recommend using contact cleaner instead of WD40 to clean the plugs and sockets... hmm.gif

Can find those hand trolleys at places like AEON, Carrefour and Tesco. Costs way less RM100 only (the one I've had costs me only RM45 but that was quite some time ago, in terms of years)... icon_rolleyes.gif
will try again sifu! worse to worst also, still can send back warranty (although quite mafan la) laugh.gif
amduser
post Jun 18 2014, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,325 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Jun 17 2014, 06:15 PM)
can, just configure teh control panel become 4 channel quadraohonic
since it is different speaker and different driver size, it will have different sound quality also right? dont know later will feel weird or not hmm.gif
Max2006
post Jun 19 2014, 01:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,795 posts

Hey guys. I would like to ask about Edifier H210P. I want to buy a good in-ear headphone for my phone. And this H210P is the only Edifier in-ear Mobile headphone I could find on Edifier site. Is it good? Planning to buy it this weekend.
yan5619
post Jun 27 2014, 11:36 AM

On my way
549 posts

New proud owner of Studio7 reporting in! Loving em so far...very clean and wonderful sound =)
TSEdifier
post Jun 27 2014, 12:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
6,863 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Jun 19 2014, 01:24 PM)
Hey guys. I would like to ask about Edifier H210P. I want to buy a good in-ear headphone for my phone. And this H210P is the only Edifier in-ear Mobile headphone I could find on Edifier site. Is it good? Planning to buy it this weekend.
The sq is above average and pls try it before you buy.
toonny
post Jun 27 2014, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

Same here. Just bought a Studio 7.. First impression. DAMN solid built quality. Carry alone up to 4th floor, feel like wanna die already.. LOL!

Anyway, what should I do for better sounding? Need advises to unleash the true potential of this studio speaker.

FYI, I used it for HTPC. Speaker upgraded, so what is the next?

Thanks~!
power911
post Jun 27 2014, 04:36 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,092 posts

QUOTE(toonny @ Jun 27 2014, 03:27 PM)
Same here. Just bought a Studio 7.. First impression. DAMN solid built quality. Carry alone up to 4th floor, feel like wanna die already.. LOL!

Anyway, what should I do for better sounding? Need advises to unleash the true potential of this studio speaker.

Thanks~!
download hq/buy music, soundcard/dac upgrade, positioning, room acoustic tuning, rca cable upgrade, etc
Cosef
post Jun 28 2014, 04:30 PM

Kampung Style
2,293 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Jun 27 2014, 04:36 PM)
download hq/buy music, soundcard/dac upgrade, positioning, room acoustic tuning, rca cable upgrade, etc
+1 laugh.gif
ktek
post Jun 28 2014, 06:39 PM

wings wings
8,089 posts

QUOTE(toonny @ Jun 27 2014, 02:27 PM)
Thanks~!
I would suggest u do proper placement first. Buy speaker stand.
what kind of sound u looking for? More dynamic? Soundstage? Accuracy?
Langiler
post Jun 30 2014, 05:55 AM

Lang-Iler not Lan Giler
542 posts

Hi all
My Edifier C3 amp unit is having a problem
It produce a popping noise and mainly to the sub woofer

I thought it might come from my sound card but the problem persist even i unplug the input connector

also the EIDC indicator light up when the popping sound occur

plus, even with volume at 0, the popping sound still occur.

What is the problem? is the power line or the unit it self?
And where should i sent it for repair? Bought the unit in 2011, and out of warranty..

TSEdifier
post Jun 30 2014, 09:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
6,863 posts

QUOTE(Langiler @ Jun 30 2014, 05:55 AM)
Hi all
My Edifier C3 amp unit is having a problem
It produce a popping noise and mainly to the sub woofer

I thought it might come from my sound card but the problem persist even i unplug the input connector

also the EIDC indicator light up when the popping sound occur

plus, even with volume at 0, the popping sound still occur.

What is the problem? is the power line or the unit it self?
And where should i sent it for repair? Bought the unit in 2011, and out of warranty..
Bro,

Sorry for the problem cause on your C3.
You can send your C3 to Inter-Asia for repair, the cost is around RM150.
xxdesire
post Jun 30 2014, 01:26 PM

Iris Heart-sama ❤
3,353 posts

Hi, my h850 showing signs of wear and tear on the earpads. Are there any place selling the pads?
toonny
post Jun 30 2014, 04:50 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Jun 28 2014, 06:39 PM)
I would suggest u do proper placement first. Buy speaker stand.
what kind of sound u looking for? More dynamic?  Soundstage? Accuracy?
Hi bro ktek,

Thanks for your reply.

As i mentioned, it was used for the HTPC. It serves my family mostly for movies time and sometime I do use it to play musics and songs when gathering session is held at my house.

Currently, the speakers were seated at the height of the ear level. What do I meaning here is, the height of speaker same height to my ear level when ppl sit on sofa. At the moment I still do not have any speaker stand for them, they placed on top of my dad's previous karaoke speaker, similar to this.
user posted image

But normally I will just lay on the floor and watch movie, haha..

I am not sure what do you mean by sound stage, but with limited length of speaker cable, and it's a stereo speaker, I would just want it to sounds nice. I am not having much knowledge on setting up in the proper way, but do hope to get some advice from sifu here. blush.gif notworthy.gif

127 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0405sec    2.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 09:32 PM