Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Edifier Fan Club V7, Audio Perfection At Home

views

TSEdifier
post May 28 2014, 10:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Store Representative

QUOTE(state of abyssmal @ May 28 2014, 07:58 PM)
i lost my r501 remote control, any chance where i can buy another one?
Please contact Inter-Asia @ 78804001 for replacement controller.
Clem1982
post May 29 2014, 12:09 PM

Just Helping Out ^^
Group: Senior Member

Hi all,

we released a review of the Edifier H690

Please have a read -> http://www.tech-critter.com/2014/05/quick-...eo-headset.html

in short, the headset is just really good!!
xFreedomBoix
post Jun 4 2014, 11:54 PM

Wasuretakunai

Hi guys.. not sure where to ask so i posted here..
Thinking of grabbing an asus xonar STX to pair with my edifier R8 2800..
Wanna ask, if i only play music from youtube, am I making full use of the sound card?
or should I get FLAC or 320kpbs MP3 audio?

When playing those HD lossless audio, do I need to change my audio playback samplerate /bitrate?
I come across the term ASIO when browsing.. it seems asus xonar stx support this... asio helps to handle the changes of the sample rate or bitrate automatically? Or am I wrong here... and to use asio playback, i need to set foobar2000's playback to asio or something?
thanks.. kinda confusing to me..
Cosef
post Jun 6 2014, 08:03 AM

Kampung Style

QUOTE(xFreedomBoix @ Jun 4 2014, 11:54 PM)
Hi guys.. not sure where to ask so i posted here..
Thinking of grabbing an asus xonar STX to pair with my edifier R8 2800..
Wanna ask, if i only play music from youtube, am I making full use of the sound card?
or should I get FLAC or 320kpbs MP3 audio?

When playing those HD lossless audio, do I need to change my audio playback samplerate /bitrate?
I come across the term ASIO when browsing.. it seems asus xonar stx support this... asio helps to handle the  changes of the sample rate or bitrate automatically? Or am I wrong here... and to use asio playback, i need to set foobar2000's playback to asio or something?
thanks.. kinda confusing to me..
No need to be afraid of making full use of the sound card, once you hook it on and install the latest driver you will get better audio all the time.
Playing lossless audio is a must because is full quality from cd, you should enjoy it to the fullest. biggrin.gif

Using ASIO or WASAPI can squeeze a little more performance to your audio source, but can loose functionality because it only allows an audio source for playback like when you use foobar2000 you can't hear your youtube channel playing.

Better sound card comes from the hardware design to achieve low distortion and higher signal-to-noise ratio, software normally took a small part of improvement.
xFreedomBoix
post Jun 6 2014, 11:16 AM

Wasuretakunai

QUOTE(Cosef @ Jun 6 2014, 08:03 AM)
No need to be afraid of making full use of the sound card, once you hook it on and install the latest driver you will get better audio all the time.
Playing lossless audio is a must because is full quality from cd, you should enjoy it to the fullest.  biggrin.gif

Using ASIO or WASAPI can squeeze a little more performance to your audio source, but can loose functionality because it only allows an audio source for playback like when you use foobar2000 you can't hear your youtube channel playing.

Better sound card comes from the hardware design to achieve low distortion and higher signal-to-noise ratio, software normally took a small part of improvement.
thanks! yeah, noticed the functionality issue.. when using wasapi on foobar.. any tweaks that can improve the foobar's sound? hehe
power911
post Jun 6 2014, 05:14 PM

Misguided Angel of Death

QUOTE(xFreedomBoix @ Jun 6 2014, 12:16 PM)
thanks! yeah, noticed the functionality issue.. when using wasapi on foobar.. any tweaks that can improve the foobar's sound? hehe
any tweaks is okay as long as you enjoy the music~

eq is preferably avoided but with proper tweaking it's a good thing too

avoid dynamic compressions (as well as volume normalizer) as I don't think you want gentle parts of a song to be loud laugh.gif
chongski
post Jun 7 2014, 12:38 AM

Group: Junior Member

hi,

any chance to get the edifier s760d 5.1 system in and the price in malaysia?

thanks.
xFreedomBoix
post Jun 7 2014, 02:48 AM

Wasuretakunai

QUOTE(power911 @ Jun 6 2014, 05:14 PM)
any tweaks is okay as long as you enjoy the music~

eq is preferably avoided but with proper tweaking it's a good thing too

avoid dynamic compressions (as well as volume normalizer) as I don't think you want gentle parts of a song to be loud laugh.gif
tweaking is changing the setting on foobar or installing components? hehe.. kinda confusing for a newbie
TSEdifier
post Jun 8 2014, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!

The H690 is overall grey and black overall that gives it a subtle style. Construction is solid even though the headset is very lightweight, mostly due to the high quality plastic used. Branding is kept to a minimum and just printed on the headband.
As for sound quality, the Edifier H690 is definitely worth the consideration as I would say that it is more than impressive, especially for first time users looking for the bang-for-buck deal.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
C-Note
post Jun 8 2014, 02:36 PM

starry starry night

hi guys, currently using the R1280T. What's the difference between Aux and PC input?

TSEdifier
post Jun 10 2014, 12:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(C-Note @ Jun 8 2014, 02:36 PM)
hi guys, currently using the R1280T. What's the difference between Aux and PC input?
The only difference between the AUX and PC input is input sensitivity.
amduser
post Jun 15 2014, 01:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!

want to know how you all take your speaker home? let's say if i'm going to buy a s730 from lowyat plaza and i have no trolley to carry it to my car, my house is condo so i still need to carry to the lift and to my house

how am i going to do that alone, that thing weight 28kg, i think 10kg also a bit tough already sweat.gif
power911
post Jun 15 2014, 02:30 PM

Misguided Angel of Death

QUOTE(amduser @ Jun 15 2014, 02:18 PM)
want to know how you all take your speaker home? let's say if i'm going to buy a s730 from lowyat plaza and i have no trolley to carry it to my car, my house is condo so i still need to carry to the lift and to my house

how am i going to do that alone, that thing weight 28kg, i think 10kg also a bit tough already sweat.gif
I don't know about your condo part but usually most stores will toss your S730D on a trolley when you're gonna buy it.

whatever it is... always bring 2 friends

no more no less
lex
post Jun 15 2014, 02:50 PM

Old Am I?
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(amduser @ Jun 15 2014, 01:18 PM)

Many shops in Low Yat Plaza will carry the merchandise to your car if requested (provided of course its parked downstairs). However you may want to consider getting a cheap foldable trolley (such as the one shown below) to help carry the heavy speaker up to your house/condo... nod.gif

user posted image

Axel
post Jun 16 2014, 07:13 PM

Casual

Hey guys, i need a bit of help.
My Edifier R501 MK2 is sorta acting up.

At first, my front-right and behind-left wasn't working so i tried fiddling around with the wires (disconnecting and reconnecting). Now that those two are working, the center speaker aren't working and the sub isn't giving out any bass. The sub still has the red LED on and toyed around with the controls to no avail. Help?
Cosef
post Jun 16 2014, 07:48 PM

Kampung Style

QUOTE(Axel @ Jun 16 2014, 07:13 PM)
Hey guys, i need a bit of help.
My Edifier R501 MK2 is sorta acting up.

At first, my front-right and behind-left wasn't working so i tried fiddling around with the wires (disconnecting and reconnecting). Now that those two are working, the center speaker aren't working and the sub isn't giving out any bass. The sub still has the red LED on and toyed around with the controls to no avail. Help?
Oxidized plugs I think, you can try clean the plugs by wiping it with WD-40 or contact cleaner.
By the way, how do you connect your speakers?
Axel
post Jun 16 2014, 07:51 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Cosef @ Jun 16 2014, 07:48 PM)
Oxidized plugs I think, you can try clean the plugs by wiping it with WD-40 or contact cleaner.
By the way, how do you connect your speakers?
You mean the 3.5 mm plugs are oxidized or the red and black wires one? rclxub.gif
I connect the speakers to my Asus Xonar DX bro smile.gif
Cosef
post Jun 16 2014, 08:42 PM

Kampung Style

QUOTE(Axel @ Jun 16 2014, 07:51 PM)
You mean the 3.5 mm plugs are oxidized or the red and black wires one?  rclxub.gif
I connect the speakers to my Asus Xonar DX bro  smile.gif
All the plugs laugh.gif nod.gif

Normally this case can verify again by twisting the plugs or shake gently it will it produce cracking sound or the sound will comes back alive.

Axel
post Jun 16 2014, 11:02 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Cosef @ Jun 16 2014, 08:42 PM)
All the plugs  laugh.gif  nod.gif

Normally this case can verify again by twisting the plugs or shake gently it will it produce cracking sound or the sound will comes back alive.
followed your advice, some of my other speakers worked, but nothing for center T.T
twisting it around actually did help but no sound for the center speaker. kinda feels like there's no power flowing. used wd-40 for all plugs

New Update!
All speakers are up and running but the bass got noticeably weaker though shocking.gif rclxub.gif
Played around with setting on Asus Audio Center (as i am using the Xonar DX) and still nothing that can help bass much

This post has been edited by Axel: Jun 17 2014, 01:10 AM
Cosef
post Jun 17 2014, 12:27 PM

Kampung Style

QUOTE(Axel @ Jun 16 2014, 11:02 PM)
followed your advice, some of my other speakers worked, but nothing for center T.T
twisting it around actually did help but no sound for the center speaker. kinda feels like there's no power flowing. used wd-40 for all plugs

New Update!
All speakers are up and running but the bass got noticeably weaker though  shocking.gif  rclxub.gif
Played around with setting on Asus Audio Center (as i am using the Xonar DX) and still nothing that can help bass much
The other contacts are cleaner than the sub so gives louder sound?? laugh.gif

Might possible you need to wipe the sub/center channel plugs until it shines a little then try again.

118 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1078sec    2.86    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th June 2019 - 01:34 PM