4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

UTM @ Space, Anyone doing it?

views

TSnumlock
post Jul 29 2006, 07:49 PM, updated 18y ago

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

Anyone have further their study in UTM Space ? I mean part time study...
azarimy
post Jul 29 2006, 07:56 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

i was one of the lecturers teaching SPACE.

anything i can help u with?
TSnumlock
post Jul 29 2006, 08:00 PM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jul 29 2006, 07:56 PM)

are utm space degree approved in industrial work or govt institution?
TSnumlock
post Jul 29 2006, 08:03 PM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jul 29 2006, 07:56 PM)

how about the study??and admission requirement?are polytechnic student accepted there? icon_question.gif
linkinstreet
post Jul 29 2006, 08:38 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

Requirement = have money to pay. and everyone is accepeted. As long as you pay. The diploma is the same as the ones that is offered in Arus Perdana

*P/S* I just finished my space class and is using the PC in UTM's Library.
TSnumlock
post Jul 29 2006, 09:39 PM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Jul 29 2006, 08:38 PM)
Requirement = have money to pay. and everyone is accepeted. As long as you pay. The diploma is the same as the ones that is offered in Arus Perdana

*P/S* I just finished my space class and is using the PC in UTM's Library.
what course r u taking?arus perdana?
linkinstreet
post Jul 29 2006, 09:48 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

I'm taking DDC Computer Science Diploma. Currently has 4 Math papers backlogged and as I was offered a job, I quit Arus Perdana and joined SPACE instead
and Arus Perdana are the full time students of UTM
TSnumlock
post Jul 29 2006, 10:10 PM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Jul 29 2006, 09:48 PM)
I'm taking DDC Computer Science Diploma. Currently has 4 Math papers backlogged and as I was offered a job, I quit Arus Perdana and joined SPACE instead
and Arus Perdana are the full time students of UTM
where izzit arus perdana?utm semarak? 4 math paper backlogged?what izzit?
feynman
post Jul 29 2006, 10:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

SPACE? Angkasa Lepas?
azarimy
post Jul 29 2006, 11:25 PM

Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

SPACE: school of professional and continued excellence
layman: UTM's part-time education school.

arus perdana: full-time student

utm is currently the only IPTA that caters both full-time and part-time education using integrated syllabus, but managed by an independent body (SPACE). the lecturers, syllabus, content are the same with the full-time course, the only difference is they'll spend more time compared to the fulltimers.

fees varies between RM150 to RM350 per credit hour per semester, with 8 credit hours max per sem. that would mean, u will pay a max of RM 2800 per sem.

there are two levels of education under SPACE programme: diploma and degree. most courses are accredited, there are still several newly added courses that hasnt been accredited, but are still recognized by LAN. which means u r certified to work in related fields, both industry and government.

what linkinstreet means is that, he was doing fulltime diploma, when he was offered a job. instead of finishing his diploma, he took the job and converted his remaining education into SPACE. this way, he can still work and at the same time study to finish his diploma, which is the 4 math subjects.

Sesshoumaru
post Jul 29 2006, 11:33 PM

Regular
1,189 posts

Oh darn, that SPACE, I thought woah we have someone in LYN capable of lecturing stuff about space i.e angkasa lepas? ...
TSnumlock
post Jul 29 2006, 11:36 PM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jul 29 2006, 11:25 PM)
SPACE: school of professional and continued excellence
layman: UTM's part-time education school.

arus perdana: full-time student

utm is currently the only IPTA that caters both full-time and part-time education using integrated syllabus, but managed by an independent body (SPACE). the lecturers, syllabus, content are the same with the full-time course, the only difference is they'll spend more time compared to the fulltimers.

fees varies between RM150 to RM350 per credit hour per semester, with 8 credit hours max per sem. that would mean, u will pay a max of RM 2800 per sem.

there are two levels of education under SPACE programme: diploma and degree. most courses are accredited, there are still several newly added courses that hasnt been accredited, but are still recognized by LAN. which means u r certified to work in related fields, both industry and government.

what linkinstreet means is that, he was doing fulltime diploma, when he was offered a job. instead of finishing his diploma, he took the job and converted his remaining education into SPACE. this way, he can still work and at the same time study to finish his diploma, which is the 4 math subjects.
how long does it take to finish degree ? wow...the fees are depend on subject?
azarimy
post Jul 30 2006, 12:42 AM

Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

about 5-6 years. there is a big advantage for students taking SPACE. let's assume u'll be working in related field (for example, working in a civil engineering firm). u start at 2005, and the fulltime course takes 4 years (graduate 2009).

assuming u'll graduate in 8 years (worst case scenario), four years later than the fulltime students. however, u will graduate in 2013 with 8 years related working experience compared to fulltimers that only has 4 years related experience.

ofcourse, the level of expertise might differ, but then again, u're already a senior of 8 years in the office, and everybody knows u.

fees depend on the credit hours. each subject has between 2-6 credit hours (depending on weightage).
TSnumlock
post Jul 30 2006, 08:20 AM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jul 30 2006, 12:42 AM)
about 5-6 years. there is a big advantage for students taking SPACE. let's assume u'll be working in related field (for example, working in a civil engineering firm). u start at 2005, and the fulltime course takes 4 years (graduate 2009).

assuming u'll graduate in 8 years (worst case scenario), four years later than the fulltime students. however, u will graduate in 2013 with 8 years related working experience compared to fulltimers that only has 4 years related experience.

ofcourse, the level of expertise might differ, but then again, u're already a senior of 8 years in the office, and everybody knows u.
fees depend on the credit hours. each subject has between 2-6 credit hours (depending on weightage).
weightage?
azarimy
post Jul 30 2006, 08:40 AM

Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

weightage: how heavy/crucial/important a particular subject is for that particular course.

for example, design is so essential to architecture, each subject is between 6-8 credits.

look at it this way:

u have a main dish, and because it is THE main dish, it costs more. then u have the appetizer and the dessert, a relatively smaller dish and cheaper dish.
TSnumlock
post Jul 30 2006, 08:53 AM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jul 30 2006, 08:40 AM)
weightage: how heavy/crucial/important a particular subject is for that particular course.

for example, design is so essential to architecture, each subject is between 6-8 credits.

look at it this way:

u have a main dish, and because it is THE main dish, it costs more. then u have the appetizer and the dessert, a relatively smaller dish and cheaper dish.
wow... where is the intake gonna be?
azarimy
post Jul 30 2006, 09:01 AM

Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

google "space utm".
TSnumlock
post Jul 30 2006, 09:33 AM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

wow..part time can be more costlier...
azarimy
post Jul 30 2006, 04:43 PM

Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

u're supposed to be working while studying. RM3000 per semester is just about RM500 a month. SPACE also allow u to take a break/extend ur studies anytime u want with no time limit. for example, if u suddenly wanna take a break for a year (having first child for example), u can do so, and just continue where u left off after a year.

ofcourse that would mean u have to add another year. but having no time limit is one of the main attraction of SPACE. be aware that all courses in any university has a maximum time limit.
forrest
post Jul 30 2006, 10:34 PM

Regular
1,044 posts

what is the working oppurtunity in malaysia, as a space engineer?

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:34 PM