Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

XBMC / KODI users club, An Open Source Media Center

views

AVFAN
post Feb 22 2014, 03:51 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Feb 22 2014, 12:30 AM)
XBMC without add-ons is consider incomplete, we need add-ons to make the entertainment more colorful. Some of the popular add-ons could be find from:
XBMChub http://www.xbmchub.com/
Mash Up http://www.mashupxbmc.com/
Super Repo http://superrepo.org/
Xunity http://www.xunitytalk.com/forum.php

There are many out there, I believe but mostly I am using the 3 above especially the first 2. However there are many other related to what we have currently, in order to that maybe we can gather some infos of our tiny powerful XBMC such as:-

XBMC version : Frodo 12.3
Video addons : 1Channel, Icefilm and Mash Up  thumbup.gif

great to have a thread like this. thumbup.gif

i hv only had xbmc for a couple of months - on android and pc.

as a new user, one thing i find frustrating about xbmc is unless you have prior knowledge, you do not know which addon is in which zip file or repo! i had reinstalled xbmc on a couple of ocassions and struggled to find what is where. of course, now i know better...

yes, xbmchub and mashup are best, covers most addons.
and yes too, 1 channel, icefilms and mashup are the best there is.
i also use istream and iwo (i watch online) which are found in xunity's "the one" repo.
within mashup, my fav is i-live for live tv stations (not on by default, need to click it on within mashup settings).

for links, i find movreel most reliable.

about chinese addons (now, i can't remember if they are found in superrepo??), i had tried some of them like pps, kankan, youku - all seem pretty useless, dun work. azdrama works but selection is very limited. is this the same experience for others?

for chinese stuff, i stay away from xbmc, rely on the android's native app which is quite good.
AVFAN
post Feb 23 2014, 10:53 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(jihmie @ Feb 22 2014, 08:01 PM)
My mashup somehow doesn't work. The movie won't load and it's very frustrating. Imagine spending almost half an hour trying to watch movie and it doesn't load at all. Atm, my fav is icefilms. But i need to download the metadata in order for the cover or poster to appear, which ia a big file to download.
i had a similar problem, likely it was corrupted, unable to update. best to uninstall it, reinstall the latest one 1.4.0 by adding source in file manager:
http://install.mashupxbmc.com

read here for details:
http://www.mashupxbmc.com/

mashup has alwasy been among the best in terms of stability, mostly valid links and fastest in loading.

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Feb 22 2014, 04:09 PM)
I'll give mashup the best so far, the list is quite extended especially the HD one. 2nd I'll go for Icefilm. 1Channel will be the last option. I am a family man, I've to monitor my kids what they are going to watch as at most the movies all uncut version, even for some animes not suitable for kids to watch it. Yes, I agree that navigating forth and back in XBMC is quite confusing, the back not always return us to where the menu we intended to go.
about parental guidance, probably true if u have very young kids. my teenage ones, i had not noticed anything too unacceptable albeit some of them are dark. actually, some of those links titled "adult" dun work, at least the ones I tried to check.

about anime (japanese), the best addon is kissanime followed by anime highway. these 2 will fill the needs of all anime fans. kissanime offers much in 720p, better video quality than those dvds in the shops! and they are up to date - i just watched shippuuden 351 last night. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Feb 23 2014, 11:05 AM
AVFAN
post Feb 23 2014, 04:33 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(bad2928 @ Feb 23 2014, 01:17 PM)
will try this,usually i watch at narutoget.

off topic

for collection i'm download from taka fan sub because their rip from TVtokyo itself...just for sharing
try kissanime at xbmc, you'll like it, very complete. all naruto n shippuuden episodes n movies r there. same with all the rest... i just checked ghost in the shell, all movies n tv series r there, eng sub, eng dub, hd, various resolutions.

i hv collected naruto n shippuuden via horriblesubs but will stop since all that is now available easily by streaming. more so when there seems to be no ending after 571 episodes!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Feb 23 2014, 04:35 PM
AVFAN
post Feb 23 2014, 10:34 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Feb 23 2014, 10:12 PM)
Mind telling me how to get kissanime to run? thank you  biggrin.gif
install from: fusion>movies-tv>the highway repo. have fun!

QUOTE(xxboxx @ Feb 23 2014, 10:32 PM)
Need recommends for Chinese movie and drama add on. Right now don't have a good add on in my XBMC for Chinese movie and drama. Preferably one that streams 720p video.

How about Korean and Japanese drama and movie add on? Any good recommendation?
not sure it is due to ip/dns restrictions, but i can't get any good chinese movies or tv dramas at xbmc, except azdrama (find it is super-repo) which has limited chinese and korean stuff.

wud to know too if i am missing something...

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Feb 23 2014, 10:40 PM
AVFAN
post Feb 23 2014, 10:39 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Feb 23 2014, 10:37 PM)
I see, it just from the fusion haha never realized it, thank you  laugh.gif
see wat i mean? not easy to know what is in which repo!

i know where my fav ones are by now but no idea where the rest are... biggrin.gif
AVFAN
post Feb 25 2014, 01:29 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(harithimran @ Feb 24 2014, 09:24 AM)
Anyone tried the Navi-X in PROGRAM.....lots of fun inside there.
i also find navi-x messy, disorganized.
but i must say navi-x do have some channels of good video quality.
however, it also has a lot more dead links, get stuck easily.

for a "search engine", mashup is much much better - well organized, fast, good links,
QUOTE(peter32 @ Feb 25 2014, 01:17 PM)
I installed fusion, but the KissAnime appeared to be broken.  Can anyone confirm that ?
u may want to try again later. i noticed xbmc has been rather unstable in the last 24 hours.
AVFAN
post Feb 26 2014, 01:50 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Feb 22 2014, 12:30 AM)
XBMC without add-ons is consider incomplete, we need add-ons to make the entertainment more colorful. Some of the popular add-ons could be find from:
XBMChub http://www.xbmchub.com/
Mash Up http://www.mashupxbmc.com/
Super Repo http://superrepo.org/
Xunity http://www.xunitytalk.com/forum.php

for sake of completeness and future reference for anyone installing xbmc for the first time and want the above "big four", easiest way to get is to go to system->file manager->add source... and get them online by keying in one by one:

http://fusion.xbmchub.com
http://install.mashupxbmc.com
http://use.superrepo.org/Frodo
http://xfinity.xunitytalk.com

of course, after that, need to get the whatever zip files and then enable the addons you so desire.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Feb 26 2014, 09:54 AM
AVFAN
post Feb 26 2014, 10:42 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Feb 26 2014, 07:01 AM)
thank you, and there are where the fun begun  thumbup.gif
actually, unless one is a tv fanatic, a few good addons is more than enough for most people, incl all in the family...

fusion: 1channel, icefilms, daily flix, kissanime, navi-x
mashup: mashup n all the goodies incl live tv stations, news
superrepo: football today (in hd)
xunity: istream, iwo

life is never the same again with xbmc! tongue.gif
AVFAN
post Feb 27 2014, 02:52 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(andru @ Feb 26 2014, 06:40 PM)
I also use a Himedia Q5 for my bedroom TV to watch late night sport on Navi using WIFI. Totally satisfy.
QUOTE(aviecena2020 @ Feb 27 2014, 12:21 PM)
Bro..which chanel you use for late nite sport...
yes, yes! we all want to know which addon and which channel offers live soccer! biggrin.gif

world cup coming in june, gotta have a couple of stable channels for that, sd never mind!

football today (in superrepo) offers selected macthes for premier league, uefa, etc. both sd and 720p but... these are recorded, not live...
AVFAN
post Mar 18 2014, 07:42 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

need a little help here on live tv news...

cnn, bloomberg, aljazeera are found everywhere incl xbmc.

channel news asia (singapore) is harder to find.

it is in navi-x porkie's new channels but navi-x fail quite often.

it is not in mashup news channels.

it used to be in cloudtv (free content) but is taken out now.

i am forced to watched this channel using browser, video not so good.

does anyone know where else i can find this cna in xbmc?
AVFAN
post Mar 19 2014, 12:02 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(goolias @ Mar 19 2014, 09:14 AM)
isn't hypptv comes with free CNA channel?
maybe it does but not useful for me...
becos i dun use that hypptv box
n my android can't install hypptv.
need to be within xbmc.
hoping there is some other addon that will contain it besides navi-x.

there is a cna app but is not live, only news reads.
AVFAN
post Mar 23 2014, 02:25 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Mar 23 2014, 01:29 AM)
try it yourself, a bit of headache of course  rclxub.gif
tried that long time ago... biggrin.gif

if the tv is 3d, you wun see the 2 imges side by side. it will be a bit blur, 3d glasses will give it the depth.

been contemplating getting a 3dtv, but no... think my eyes can't take too much 3d given the amount of stuff i watch! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Mar 23 2014, 02:26 AM
AVFAN
post Mar 23 2014, 02:31 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

haiz...

had to reinstall xbmc and the big 4 zips.

dun understand why i can't enable kissanime and football today.

under video, get more, they show up, but when try to install, they just bounce out. been like that for 2 days. sad.gif

kissanime and anime highway are under the highway repo; anime highway was ok, though. the rest i want, all ok too.

any tip on how to go round it? lany standalone addon to install with usb? tq.
AVFAN
post Mar 23 2014, 11:04 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Mar 23 2014, 09:10 AM)
are you using Gotham?
no. i tried gotham on my android, nothing worked, failed miserably.

i can only suspect some sites are currently bugged if installing fresh whether 12.2 or 12.3, can't enable addon or get to work at all.

so far, i noticed kissanime, football today and navi-x either can't enable or not working even if enabled.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Mar 23 2014, 11:06 AM
AVFAN
post Mar 23 2014, 11:53 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Mar 23 2014, 11:48 AM)
Used to watched few life football and other sports via mashup > life streams > by country > UK.
But these few days no longer working  sad.gif
ya, i noticed that last night.

quite a lot dun work at this time - navi-x, mashup live streams, many istream links.

movies-tv video... 1channel, icefilms, daily flix seem ok.

possibly some major xbmc overhaul somewhere??
AVFAN
post Mar 24 2014, 03:46 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

maybe a simple question, but need some tip...

how does favorites or "last played" work in xbmc?

i know there are addon shortcuts u can place on the skin, but when in say mashup or icefilms, how to tick and recall as fav the actual group of shows (e.g. hd movies or recently added) or one show (e.g. 47 ronin or walking dead) or just one particular link (e.g. movreel or 180upload)?

is there a place to get "last played" for all the addons i have in xbmc?

tq.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Mar 24 2014, 03:47 PM
AVFAN
post Mar 27 2014, 05:11 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(scubamy @ Mar 27 2014, 04:27 PM)
got any idea when this will be solve? sweat.gif  sweat.gif
this weekend got f1 ler... whistling.gif
no idea when...

but... i noticed on kissanime when attempting to install, the text read, "this is for xbmc 13.x...".

need gotham 13.x beta's?

while i can't get it with 12.2, i can get it with with 12.3.

puzzling...
AVFAN
post Mar 28 2014, 06:35 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(ferzeq @ Mar 28 2014, 04:04 PM)
speaking of which.
haha i newly found out that xbmc is compatible with windows pc,,me too noob
then i try install some stuff, man it not user friendly  rclxub.gif . need to watch bunch of video in youtube to finally configure n understand whats in there.
after all the hassle finally got some add on installed. my curiosity is about how much bandwidth will it takes to stream normal tv and 1080p.
so now i know that unifi 5mb is not enough to suck all the juice xbmc can offer. especially 1080p content in demon88, haha buffer every 3 sec  cool.gif .
i'll share what i experienced with xbmc.

.. it works on pc windows, even vista, no doubt
.. it works on android dual core jelly bean 4.2.2 - if the firmware is correct, smoother than pc windows
.. i suspect need at least 10mbps unifi to stream hd properly
.. not much difference between wired lan and wirelss lan

i have 3 machines running xbmc on wired and wireless lan unifi 10mbps.

at this time, the androidbox to big tv on wired lan, correct decoding firmware for xbmc frodo 12.2 is streaming nicely, no need for advancedsettings.xml:

720 aac2.0, 720 dd5.1, 720 dts5.1, 1080 aac2.0 - excellent, reliable.

AVFAN
post Mar 28 2014, 08:15 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(JohnL77 @ Mar 28 2014, 07:34 PM)
I think it either goes into the fav section of the addon or XBMC's fav section (the star button next to the power button).
5mbps Unifi here. No problems streaming 1080p. Depends on the server I guess.

Also, have you tried increasing your cache size? The default cache size is 30MB only I think. Very small. I have increased mine to 150MB. But if the server is damn slow, then no choice I guess.
about fav... i just noticed if u r on xunity, u can get a new pulldown menu to save anything as fav. if normal xbmc, nothing like that but... somewhere, i read u can do so but pressing c key. but i hv no keyboard, just remote n mouse, can't get, i suppose.

hv tried increasing cache by doing the advancedsettings.xml thingy, it worked. later i found out that wasn't necessary if the firmware decoding is correct. but which device has right decoding or hardware acceleration, i hv little idea.

anyway, if u r able to stream hd nicely with 5mbps, that's gud news, many will want to know more... what machine, what xbmc version, wat else u can get hd smoothly, etc. tq for sharing on behalf of everyone! biggrin.gif
AVFAN
post Mar 30 2014, 06:24 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

been watching xbmc via android this afteroon.

icefilms, daily flix good.

via mashup... dailyflix, icefilms, yify worked well.

via mashup... hackermils, demon88 and a couple others not working well.

23 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0497sec    0.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:13 AM