Android TV Box

views

fruitie
post Dec 23 2016, 11:27 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

Just bought a new box but unfortunately it's rooted and I cannot use Astro OTG on it. Though I can watch some of the channels elsewhere but still nothing beats Astro OTG when it comes to stability. I love watching live badminton matches. laugh.gif

I tried to flash RootCloak last night and added AOTG but it didn't help. laugh.gif

Anyway, I was using the free HyppTV box Huawei EC6108V8 as starter, then soon hooked up to Android box for entertainment. laugh.gif

Gotta learn from the sifus here. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Dec 23 2016, 11:51 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Dec 23 2016, 11:47 PM)
aotg is tricky, does not work on many devices.

aotg, hypp everywhere and iflix are all in SD but are generally stable.

there are other apps that can get u similar/alternative iptv channels, incl soccer - some in SD, some in HD.

live badminton... i can't think of any app as it isn't the most popular int'l sport.

long thread to read... but if u r read enough u will find some of the links to the popular apk's.
Yes, I'm a freak when it comes to free IPTVs and I have quite a number of them in my box. I found some China ones that have live matches but I cannot bear the commentators supporting Chinese players. laugh.gif

Luckily AOTG works on free HyppTV box. laugh.gif

QUOTE(jonn zee @ Dec 23 2016, 11:48 PM)
Anyone can recommend a good airmouse + qwerty keyboard combo???
I'm using Logitech K400r.
fruitie
post Dec 23 2016, 11:57 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(jonn zee @ Dec 23 2016, 11:55 PM)
Wow that's a big 1.

I'm getting a new airmouse... Had minix A2 lite paired with the Neo U1. Now since getting the Dolamee D5 as well... I'm thinking of getting a smallish Airmouse with qwerty of course
Quite OK la, not so big for me as it saves my hassle for juggling two devices. tongue.gif
fruitie
post Dec 27 2016, 09:24 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(blu35ky88 @ Dec 27 2016, 08:54 PM)
hi guys anyone know what apps can watch hongkong drama?
Kodi Icdrama and Azdrama.
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 12:23 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(blu35ky88 @ Dec 27 2016, 11:52 PM)
How about not kodi just normal apk cos my kodi not working
Kakoze Drama: http://www.kakoze.com/
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 11:06 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

Now only I know the iflix's error is actually box problem, I thought it was iflix's problem. laugh.gif
OK lo, then time to remove it from my box.. sad.gif
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 11:27 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

Maybe any of you guys can consider opening a new thread? Since this is a huge and long thread now. laugh.gif

Then add some useful information in post #1. smile.gif
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 02:12 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Dec 28 2016, 01:42 PM)
post #1 gonna takes a lot of time to write a comprehensive tutorial for newbie. laugh.gif
It has to start somewhere. tongue.gif
Since Android box is so common these days. tongue.gif
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 03:05 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Dec 28 2016, 03:01 PM)
but the problem is piracy issue. u know i know ok la, don't cross the line here brows.gif

common scenarios here:

1. there are always newbie comes in the thread and ask which box should i buy so that i can replace astro.

our best answer:
2. there are always newbie comes in the thread and ask what app can i download so that i could stream movie, drama, football match, either in live or on-demand.

answer: you need legal content, you need to pay subscription to service like netflix, iflix…

all these movie, drama, football match, and other broadcast contents are copyright protected. u want ask for free streaming for all these contents? u pandai pandai la…here not allow piracy contents sharing 1 mah…go google the discussion keyword by yourself la…

3. there will be newbie comes in the thread and ask why some android tv box sellers sell their box so expensive and why i saw gb and laz got selling cheap tv box, what's the difference?

answer: in pc world, u know the difference between download torrent by yourself and buy dvd from pasar malam right?

4. there will be newbie comes in the thread and ask why some pre-installed apps work when newly buy but can't watch over some period.

answer: if legal content, it might be trial period ends. if illegal content (be it free or paid), of course it is not 100% guaranteed to work la…even pirated dvd stall in pasar malam with taiko protection also will kena sapu la. pirated online contents also the same, but they have 1 common characteristic: I WILL BE BACK! (just in another form or place)
laugh.gif This is already a good start. tongue.gif
Anyway, yes don't cross the line for piracy discussion. wink.gif
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 03:56 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Dec 28 2016, 03:47 PM)
Compared to setup a htpc, android box already very easy and convenient liao. laugh.gif

well, perfect customization for oneself on kodi or spmc takes time for very new user to master it. my first try on kodi is on pc (XBMC v13 Gotham), and i wow when using it to manage my local video files, impressive GUI. i think lazy ppl won't enjoy using kodi tongue.gif now i only use spmc for icdrama and watch dvd iso file, haha…
I also use Icdrama/Azdrama on Kodi and some IPTVs for my normal dose.
Hardly have time to sit down and relax to watch movies these days. tongue.gif
Purposely bought a new box to bring to overseas so that I won't be bored in India for 5 weeks...
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 05:08 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Dec 28 2016, 05:01 PM)
Yes.. It's been a Box issue. Some manufacturers (I.e. Minix) actually work hard on making their firmwares as compatible as possible to the numerous media apps.. At minimum, the stable ones, rather than drive by type apps.

Hey, it's only 203 pages.. tongue.gif  good that others have chipped in on how I feel about a new thread.. However, I understand that at some point it becomes inevitable.. Till then...  smile.gif
So surprised the HyppTV box worked with iflix previously, just that now cannot use anymore with latest version. sad.gif
On my new box, it can open everything but cannot load videos. cry.gif

It is more than enough to start a new thread and make it comprehensive. biggrin.gif
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 05:20 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Dec 28 2016, 05:16 PM)
iflix, hypptv e'where and atog all worked on any box in the beginning.

then they all stop working with updates for most boxes.
iflix does not work on my box but work on my android tv.

beats me why there is no diff with all other apps.
Just iflix. HyppTV Everywhere and AOTG still work on the basic Huawei box. laugh.gif

I don't want my box to be rooted actually and cannot use AOTG now. sad.gif

This post has been edited by fruitie: Dec 28 2016, 05:21 PM
fruitie
post Dec 28 2016, 05:32 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Dec 28 2016, 05:26 PM)
yea, no time to enjoy is also one of the reasons more ppl want to switch from asteruk to android tv.

this is my opinion la…dulu ppl subscribe to asteruk because:
1. they want more variety of contents.
2. they want watch epl.
3. they unable to have clear signal reception on free to air tv.

but now:
1. high speed broadband is expensive in malaysia, ppl might just cut asteruk and subscribe to 30Mbps broadband package since ppl now need high internet speed for working and entertainment purpose.

2. android box now can live stream or watch it on demand many contents thanks to legal and illegal content providers, so asteruk now is for lazy/non tech savvy ppl. for chinese, we can opt to watch contents from all over the world. for malay, i bet older generation ppl still prefer local malay contents right? support la asteruk, else asteruk no profit = no more local malay contents production. sometimes really worry all malay youngsters being kpop kdrama oriented sweat.gif this is not healthy for our country man…

3. poor free to air signal reception? TM got Hypp TV, RTM and Media Prima got DVB-T2 broadcasting now, asteruk terpaksa introduce Njoy laugh.gif
I bet sure got asteruk marketing ppl lurking here, if u don't want to lose more profis due online iptvs, u gotta attract ppl subscribe to your service like partnering with telco, now ppl tied to telco contract due to free smartphone. kinda hate tm now, focus on your broadband infrastructure la, why play with hypp tv, force bundled with unifi package, but no produce good original contents. better kill the hypp tv and partnership with asteruk for original local contents production. ISP builds infrastructure, Content Provider creates contents.

These big companies macam this story:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Dec 28 2016, 05:28 PM)
i do not know how particular u r with HD vs SD...

me, over time, i start to ignore SD stuff.

so, those 3 iptv apps don't matter much to me.

iflix... is SD... i now hardly watch it even tho it's free for another year.

hypptv e'where, i put on my phone to catch news sometimes.

hypptv 1080i with the STB is good, i use that quite a bit.

aotg - tried before, quality is 360; i can get 720 for some of those channels with other apps.
Though I hate to admit this but AOTG is still smooth compared to other IPTVs which may be out of service after a while. laugh.gif
That said I will only miss it when I have live badminton matches. tongue.gif

I still can find way to watch, no worries. biggrin.gif
fruitie
post Dec 29 2016, 12:40 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Dec 29 2016, 11:49 AM)
never mind la…just use your android 5 box to run the app la laugh.gif

new app use new box, old app use old box biggrin.gif
That's the reason why I purposely bought a 5.1.1 box instead of 6.0. tongue.gif
fruitie
post Dec 29 2016, 03:02 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Dec 29 2016, 01:21 PM)
me too. thanks to Khalid21 for advice.

but the X96 model S905X android 6.0 2G/16G box is generally cheaper than those S905 2G/8G box sweat.gif

since last week i see on lazada, those S912 box price increase, S905X box price decrease, and less S905 with 2GB ram box available liao…those S905 box with dual band wifi price increase a lot.
Mine is a S905 box with 32GB internal and 3GB RAM. Should last me for some time. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Dec 30 2016, 12:46 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(zzzhhhzzz @ Dec 30 2016, 07:50 AM)
hi  mind to share which box and how much you pay for it ?
QUOTE(alucard89 @ Dec 30 2016, 12:38 PM)
Which android box comes with that spec?
http://www.lazada.com.my/docooler-m9s-pro-...g-12523279.html
This one. Wow, price increased so much!! I bought on 12.12 for 202.65 after discount from actual price - 230.28. Plus, I have another 5% cash back from my credit card, so I paid less than RM 200.

Still got cheaper deal from other sellers: http://www.lazada.com.my/docooler-m9s-pro-...g-12472624.html and http://www.lazada.com.my/docooler-m9s-pro-...g-16684188.html

This post has been edited by fruitie: Dec 30 2016, 12:50 PM
fruitie
post Dec 30 2016, 01:08 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Dec 30 2016, 01:04 PM)
Thanks for the name, found a link on taobao can get less than Rm200
BTW, do you get fullhd Netflix steaming on that box?
I don't have Netflix account and never try it. I may when I have the time. laugh.gif YouTube is full HD though.
I have China visitors coming in from China or China colleagues go back China every month, bought plenty of stuff from Taobao but not box. Afraid it's geo-locked or without Google Play Store, later I susah because I'm quite a noob. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Dec 30 2016, 02:56 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(zzzhhhzzz @ Dec 30 2016, 02:50 PM)
ouu look pretty good... hows the firmware ? stable and good ?
Not bad, so far no hang and it is quite stable but it is already rooted.
fruitie
post Dec 30 2016, 02:58 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Dec 30 2016, 01:04 PM)
Also, how long was the delivery time since you bought from oversea store?
Just noticed your added query. I bought on 12.12 and got on 21.12. Not too bad.
fruitie
post Dec 30 2016, 04:24 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Dec 30 2016, 04:01 PM)
just ask the taobao seller if the box 固件 (firmware) is 外贸 (export model) with 谷歌服务 (google service)
Thanks for the tips. Useful for my next box or if I'm helping anybody to buy. tongue.gif
All my family members were attracted with my box even when I was just using HyppTV box. laugh.gif
After switched to a better box, they lagi attracted.

I don't want rooted box. cry.gif

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0697sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:06 PM