248 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Android TV Box

views

TScttan9832
post Feb 10 2014, 03:42 PM, updated 11y ago

7 posts

Hi Guys,
Recently i wanna to buy a Android TV Box. In the market there is a lot of brands, can anyone pls give some suggestion which brand is the best at the moment?? My budget is around RM400~500.

Thanks for the valuable comments.
vergas
post Feb 11 2014, 08:54 AM

Regular
1,486 posts

QUOTE(cttan9832 @ Feb 10 2014, 03:42 PM)
Hi Guys,
      Recently i wanna to buy a Android TV Box. In the market there is a lot of brands, can anyone pls give some suggestion which brand is the best at the moment?? My budget is around RM400~500.
What do you want to use it for bro? So it will be easier for people to recommend.
TScttan9832
post Feb 11 2014, 09:10 AM

7 posts

My purpose is just to watch old movies. Thanks
ReneeRay
post Feb 11 2014, 04:50 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Minix Neo X7
soundtrick
post Feb 11 2014, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

Veolo2... problem solve..
mgb
post Feb 11 2014, 08:19 PM

Casual
385 posts

I'm using Minix Neo X5 and it is more than sufficient for streaming movies and tv.
TScttan9832
post Feb 14 2014, 09:06 AM

7 posts

thanks for the info guys
AVFAN
post Feb 14 2014, 10:53 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(cttan9832 @ Feb 14 2014, 09:06 AM)
thanks for the info guys
actually, if describe in detail what you r really looking for, there will be a lot more comments as there are dozens of android boxes available today, various prices.

u mentioned "old movies" - do u mean english or chinese or others? old as in 1960s or 1990s? i think every box has its own in-house specialty firmwares and apps, so some may appeal to u, some not so.

other useful info might be: do u want the box to playback files? want recording? yr tv has hdmi input? want hd audio?

as time goes time, i believe android boxes will become more and more powerful and versatile, likely cheaper with more features. only issue is how local broadband speed will improve or deteriorate, how int'l traffic will become.
Alex_Lim
post Feb 26 2014, 04:32 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(vergas @ Feb 11 2014, 08:54 AM)
What do you want to use it for bro? So it will be easier for people to recommend.
Hi Bro,

I would recommend you on this device.
Its great. Got so many contents. Even old movies or latest movies rclxms.gif .

Please refer to the link below for more information:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3141991
Samantha in pink
post Feb 26 2014, 05:47 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(cttan9832 @ Feb 10 2014, 03:42 PM)
Hi Guys,
Hi,

Would recommend 1OTT (www.1ott.com). Check it out. Lots of contents. If you like Chinese/ Cantonese content especially......just grab one. Not expensive and free shipping.
romariotan82
post Mar 29 2014, 11:23 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Hi Alex,

Can you pm me the pricing and min bandwith required

voncrane
post Apr 24 2014, 02:15 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

I'm currently using the Minix Neo X7 and it's a beast.. Runs smoothly with firmware upgrades + forum support. If you can wait a couple more months, Minix will be releasing the X8 .. Though the X7 is perfectly fine as it even supports 4TB external hard drive.
choki123
post May 14 2014, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 24 2014, 02:15 AM)
I'm currently using the Minix Neo X7 and it's a beast.. Runs smoothly with firmware upgrades + forum support. If you can wait a couple more months, Minix will be releasing the X8 .. Though the X7 is perfectly fine as it even supports 4TB external hard drive.
Where can i buy X7? Not much seller located in the forum after i did some searches.
I am using Maxis Fibre 10MB with HDMI LCD.

Quite new to this and looking for TV Box that can
- watch old HK movies (1990s), HK series, English movies, MTV, Live sports.
- Preferably able to control with my Android phone/ wireless mouse.
- can play external HDD movies or stream wireless with my PC via DLNA?
- budget around RM 300 - RM500

Any recommendations?
AVFAN
post May 14 2014, 07:07 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(choki123 @ May 14 2014, 05:57 PM)
- watch old HK movies (1990s), HK series

for that, i suggest u check out this thread:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3201002/+100

there is no box in the market that gives everything - chinese, english, korean, old movies, new movies, tv series, livetv stations, games, sports, media playback, hd, dd/dts, dtshdma, ddtruehd, 3d, wireless, smooth, foc, etc...

there are trade offs, i.e. some boxes give you this but not that, others give you that but not this.

read, check, ask questions, set priorities and budget... then only buy.

i will not overspend on any one device but prepare to spend on a new device every 3 years as technology and laws are changing very quickly and will continue to be so.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: May 14 2014, 07:19 PM
voncrane
post May 15 2014, 11:13 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(choki123 @ May 14 2014, 05:57 PM)
Where can i buy X7? Not much seller located in the forum after i did some searches.
I am using Maxis Fibre 10MB with HDMI LCD.

Quite new to this and looking for TV Box that can
- watch old HK movies (1990s), HK series, English movies, MTV, Live sports.
- Preferably able to control with my Android phone/ wireless mouse.
- can play external HDD movies or stream wireless with my PC via DLNA?
- budget around RM 300 - RM500

Any recommendations?
You can get it from Deal Extreme. I got it from a guy selling it off lowyat forum here but i can't seem to find his thread which should be active, so still scout around.

1. Being an android box, it plays a lot of media formats i use like avi, mp4, mkv etc. There are tons of apps you can install to watch live tv or stream tv shows and movies... An example would be CloudTV for live streaming of English, Chinese, Indian channels. You can check the app out on their website CloudTV, you'll have to pay per month ($5) to access their premium channels but good thing is, you can try the premium channels for free for 24 hours, then decide if to purchase or not. I'm English and so can't help with HK series but i'm sure android has apps for that. Alternatively, you can run XBMC on the device, install plug-ins from third party repositories to get tons of Chinese channels for free.

2. Minix provided an android app which can be used to not only fully control the box but can also be used to play control 3D games on your TV. Wireless keyboards and Mouse are suported via usb dongle or bluetooth.

3. Yes to playing from my External HDD and also DLNA support from my PC, Note 3 and Nexus 10. It also supports screen mirroring except by samsung devices. Though that doesn't matter as i can easily push pics or video files via DLNA from the gallery app. Media files can also be pushed wirelessly from IOS & OSx devices as well if that's your thing.

4. Cost is within your price range.

I'm using Unifi 5Mbps package and this works for me & streams HD though i'm considering upgrading to 10Mbps simply for faster torrenting smile.gif. If you are an android user, then you'll understand what to expect from this box. Frankly it does all i want and even more.

choki123
post May 15 2014, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ May 14 2014, 07:07 PM)
for that, i suggest u check out this thread:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3201002/+100

there is no box in the market that gives everything - chinese, english, korean, old movies, new movies, tv series, livetv stations, games, sports, media playback, hd, dd/dts, dtshdma, ddtruehd, 3d, wireless, smooth, foc, etc...

there are trade offs, i.e. some boxes give you this but not that, others give you that but not this.

read, check, ask questions, set priorities and budget... then only buy.

i will not overspend on any one device but prepare to spend on a new device every 3 years as technology and laws are changing very quickly and will continue to be so.
QUOTE(voncrane @ May 15 2014, 11:13 AM)
You can get it from Deal Extreme. I got it from a guy selling it off lowyat forum here but i can't seem to find his thread which should be active, so still scout around.

1. Being an android box, it plays a lot of media formats i use like avi, mp4, mkv etc. There are tons of apps you can install to watch live tv or stream tv shows and movies... An example would be CloudTV for live streaming of English, Chinese, Indian channels. You can check the app out on their website CloudTV, you'll have to pay per month ($5) to access their premium channels but good thing is, you can try the premium channels for free for 24 hours, then decide if to purchase or not. I'm English and so can't help with HK series but i'm sure android has apps for that. Alternatively, you can run XBMC on the device, install plug-ins from third party repositories to get tons of Chinese channels for free.

2. Minix provided an android app which can be used to not only fully control the box but can also be used to play control 3D games on your TV. Wireless keyboards and Mouse are suported via usb dongle or bluetooth.

3. Yes to playing from my External HDD and also DLNA support from my PC, Note 3 and Nexus 10. It also supports screen mirroring except by samsung devices. Though that doesn't matter as i can easily push pics or video files via DLNA from the gallery app. Media files can also be pushed wirelessly from IOS & OSx devices as well if that's your thing.

4. Cost is within your price range.

I'm using Unifi 5Mbps package and this works for me & streams HD though i'm considering upgrading to 10Mbps simply for faster torrenting smile.gif. If you are an android user, then you'll understand what to expect from this box. Frankly it does all i want and even more.
Thanks guys for the feedback and recommendations. Will do some read up and research see whichever suit me well smile.gif
A lot of new jargon to me... Haha...
fourzee
post May 15 2014, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

Guys need help..where can i get the MiniX Neo X7 in Penang? Please need it urgently need the address or phone no of the Penang dealer ..Thanks in advance .
susa
post May 15 2014, 06:59 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

This a latest android box....
new android box
good for running hd movie..
Anybody see this item in Malaysia...
Info to me....
AVFAN
post May 15 2014, 10:06 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(susa @ May 15 2014, 06:59 PM)
This a latest android box....
new android box
good for running hd movie..
Anybody see this item in Malaysia...
Info to me....
wa.... so many!!

which one u refering to?

i dun mind getting another low cost android that purely handles xbmc 720/1080 dts/dd5.1 perfectly.

say <rm200, but not interested to spend more.

there is now a war by large cos. against "internet neutral" now, xbmc and associates may get stifled, we may get less... unless we pay!!
kamfoo
post May 15 2014, 10:09 PM

Enthusiast
793 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ May 15 2014, 10:06 PM)
wa.... so many!!

which one u refering to?

i dun mind getting another low cost android that purely handles xbmc 720/1080 dts/dd5.1 perfectly.

say <rm200, but not interested to spend more.

there is now a war by large cos. against "internet neutral" now, xbmc and associates may get stifled, we may get less... unless we pay!!
xmbc die soon?

248 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0357sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:29 PM