Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Android TV Box

views

klphang
post Aug 3 2014, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
143 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Aug 3 2014, 10:38 PM)
thanks for sharing. it's good to know the various brands and models of androids in the market now.

for its price, understandable it can't do a few things.

just curious... when running frodo 12.3, what happens when trying to play an hd link? it lags and jerks or simply nothing or hang?
on frodo 12.3, HD video 720p will be jerks and freeze sometime, while playback on gotham 13.1 the video and audio do not sync for both SD and HD video.

So far that is the only android dvb-t2 tv box that bold together. Hope there are more model and brand out there soon.

As i research on google, the DVB-T2 signal only compatible with Thailand and Vietnam free to air TV channel.
AVFAN
post Aug 4 2014, 12:45 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,036 posts

QUOTE(klphang @ Aug 3 2014, 10:49 PM)
on frodo 12.3, HD video 720p will be jerks and freeze sometime, while playback on gotham 13.1 the video and audio do not sync for both SD and HD video.

thanks for sharing.

there r probably complex n technical reasons why one android can be very diff from another even if they have the same chipset. will need some expert to explain...

anyway, for newbies looking to buy a new android, i can list some brands mentioned by forummers here that i have come across.

pls feel free to add or advertise! biggrin.gif

.. vigica
.. miniand
.. mx
.. himedia
.. minix neo
.. mele
.. modeo

yokoloco
post Aug 8 2014, 10:28 PM

Regular
1,116 posts

looking for Android TV Box that can stream live HD football games. dont know much about this streaming tv stuff. i heard of Cloud TV to pay some cheap subscription to watch few channels.

any recommendation? preferably English channels more important. or should i wait for the new Google Android TV
wchinwai
post Aug 8 2014, 10:31 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Aug 4 2014, 12:45 PM)
thanks for sharing.

there r probably complex n technical reasons why one android can be very diff from another even if they have the same chipset. will need some expert to explain...

anyway, for newbies looking to buy a new android, i can list some brands mentioned by forummers here that i have come across.

pls feel free to add or advertise!  biggrin.gif

.. vigica
.. miniand
.. mx
.. himedia
.. minix neo
.. mele
.. modeo
Pls add mibox too.

wchinwai
post Aug 8 2014, 10:35 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(yokoloco @ Aug 8 2014, 10:28 PM)
looking for Android TV Box that can stream live HD football games. dont know much about this streaming tv stuff. i heard of Cloud TV to pay some cheap subscription to watch few channels.

any recommendation? preferably English channels more important. or should i wait for the new Google Android TV
I have Minix X5 mini....used its browser to watch movies online. It also has a few free Cloud TV channels but i dont watch them often.
yokoloco
post Aug 8 2014, 10:42 PM

Regular
1,116 posts

QUOTE(wchinwai @ Aug 8 2014, 10:35 PM)
I have Minix X5 mini....used its browser to watch movies online. It also has a few free Cloud TV channels but i dont watch them often.
can stream football matches live in HD??
voncrane
post Aug 8 2014, 11:44 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(yokoloco @ Aug 8 2014, 10:28 PM)

The key word here is "LIVE". That completely depends on your network speed and actually finding a source to stream from, especially if you are seeking full 1080P. The most i was able to get during the past live world cup matches was around 720P and that was for some matches where i could find the source, average was 480P, looked okay on my tablet and up-scaling on the TV. However, you can definitely stream 1080P recorded matches. Since you don't know much about streaming stuff (paid or free) and want live HD, you are better off sticking with ASTRO and waiting for Google Android TV. I'm currently using the Minix Neo X7.
klphang
post Aug 9 2014, 01:02 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

Cloud TV is not reliable, it keep down from time to time. I guess they are using (hacking?) other IPTV service provider, it is not stable but with this low price I think we cannot complaint much. I use cloud tv on the free section, always can get some smooth and good quality live IPTV such as Bio and CI (but recently both gone).

But sopcast so far is the most reliable P2P IPTV sopcast so far if you are into Taiwanese and China live TV. It need to install together with AMO TV. If you are soccer lover, sopcast soccer is good too with most of the stream in HD.

AVFAN
post Aug 9 2014, 01:27 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,036 posts

QUOTE(yokoloco @ Aug 8 2014, 10:42 PM)
my experience is pretty consistent with the last two posts.
key words are "live" n "hd". that is not easily obtained consistently.
there r all kinds of sports channels in free or paid apps but one will need to check them all to see if wat u want r there.
e.g. cloudtv channels are mostly sd and disappear n reappear all the time.
navi-x in xbmc offers live sports channels from a-z, azerbaijan to uk to usa.
but they r all sd, n not very reliable.
my experience during last worldcup, i had to use several channels in cloudtv, navi-x, china cctv n astro-on-the-go to watch all of them, mostly sd or 480 which is not hd.

if u r only into live hd soccer, perhaps android tv is not the best choice, maybe links on pc might work better..?
if u r into a mix of movies, tv shows, live or on demand, chinese n english, it is definitely worthwhile getting an android tv box.

keep in mind an android box cost of a few hundred rm is only one time. there r many limitations n constraints. good news is it works pretty well, there is more than enough good stuff to watch.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Aug 9 2014, 02:14 AM
yangxi
post Aug 9 2014, 01:44 PM

Violinist ^.^ 囧 囧
4,189 posts

QUOTE(yokoloco @ Aug 8 2014, 10:42 PM)
yap can.. but not free.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3045695&hl=

need any android player.. call me.
thanks
kamfoo
post Aug 9 2014, 05:24 PM

Enthusiast
792 posts

guy any idea where watch tvb/atv old series...?
SUSbitrate
post Aug 9 2014, 09:50 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(klphang @ Aug 9 2014, 01:02 AM)
Cloud TV is not reliable, it keep down from time to time. I guess they are using (hacking?) other IPTV service provider, it is not stable but with this low price I think we cannot complaint much. I use cloud tv on the free section, always can get some smooth and good quality live IPTV such as Bio and CI (but recently both gone).

But sopcast so far is the most reliable P2P IPTV sopcast so far if you are into Taiwanese and China live TV. It need to install together with AMO TV.  If you are soccer lover, sopcast soccer is good too with most of the stream in HD.
you are rite,cloud tv all sources hack from other iptv provider,
especially BIo and CI sources hack from thai iptv provider,just check the sources still valid,but nobody upload to free section. brows.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
smileguy
post Aug 13 2014, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,019 posts

QUOTE(klphang @ Aug 3 2014, 09:46 PM)
I bought a Vigica C6 android DVB-T2 box for USD 75 from Aliexpress.com

user posted image

The spec is android function is alright. But the box can only receive DVB-T signal instead of DVB-T2 as claimed. It cannot receive any DVB-T2 signal from Singapore free to air channel. If u only want to watch HD5, channel 8 and CNA then this box is for u.

BTW, the XBMC playback using this box only support SD video and only frodo 12.3 can be run smoothy, Gotham 13.1 will have problem on video playback
Thanks bro for the update tongue.gif
post Aug 14 2014, 09:44 PM

Regular
1,445 posts

Any suggestion on what Android TV Box to buy. I want those easy to used and can be used for streaming and watching movies from USB thumbdrive.

I am fed up with my old TV media player that cannot support those MKV files
voncrane
post Aug 15 2014, 01:04 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(0300078 @ Aug 14 2014, 09:44 PM)
Any suggestion on what Android TV Box to buy. I want those easy to used and can be used for streaming and watching movies from USB thumbdrive.

I am fed up with my old TV media player that cannot support those MKV files
Please at least read the thread for suggestions and user experience before asking. Almost every week, there's a post just like yours. Every box has advantages and disadvantages, so what works perfectly for me, might be hell for another. Forums, Google search reviews and YouTube are your pals.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Aug 15 2014, 01:19 AM
post Aug 15 2014, 08:06 AM

Regular
1,445 posts

Isnt this the purpose of having a forum to discuss?
The first thread doesnt have much info too. Is not like having a list of all the availables and recommended one there.

lleihuan
post Aug 15 2014, 09:00 AM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Aug 13 2014, 09:25 AM)
Thanks bro for the update tongue.gif
I have a neo x-7,neo x-8H and gbox mx-2.so far no problem
AVFAN
post Aug 15 2014, 10:02 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,036 posts

QUOTE(0300078 @ Aug 15 2014, 08:06 AM)
The first thread doesnt have much info too. Is not like having a list of all the availables and recommended one there.
this thread plus the few links posted would have given u a good idea of what an android is. those links were started by people like you, so u shud read them all. a lot has already been discussed...

there is also a short list of brands given, so u can search for them one by one the threads discussing the individual brands, usually handled by sellers, questions n answers. can also google n read more.

once u hv in mind a couple of models, can ask specific questions here so that the actual users can comment. all androids can do usb playback and stream something. but some can handle say more complex files or can get access to certain channels while others can't. So, u need know to know what u really want. also, androids r not plug n play, can be a complicated process to get it to work the way u want.

as already said, there r vast differences, so it is impossible to say this is good n that is bad for everybody. what is impt though, is a buyer should understand fully what he or she is buying so as not to be disappointed later.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Aug 15 2014, 10:51 AM
voncrane
post Aug 15 2014, 12:21 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(0300078 @ Aug 15 2014, 08:06 AM)
Yes, this is indeed a forum to discuss, or wasn't my reply a discussion? I'm aware I didn't give you the direct answer you were expecting, but surely you have to realize I'm trying to save you from repeating the same mistake you made by buying your current media box. Last i checked, when it comes to spending money, one can't have too much information on a product. Here's a direct answer then, I'm using a Minix Neo X7 and by my standards, its "easy to use", handles "streaming" thru xbmc, torrents, watching movies from USB thumb drive or external hard disk, supports playing .mkv files, 3D games with a PS3 controller via usb or wireless via Bluetooth + Sixaxis Controller app, among other functions.
You see, the above satisfies me cause when i say easy to use, i don't mean switch on, click one icon and voila magically everything works, which might be what you are looking for. My version of "easy to use" involves, being able to safely root or unroot at will, customize each and every aspect of the box, add or remove features as I see fit, flash custom roms etc. This satisfies me cuz i'm willing to put in the work to make the box better. If your needs matches my needs, then by all means, go grab the X7, but bear in mind, there are other boxes that also outperform it, e.g. the Neo X8-H. I considered upgrading but decided its not worth it since my system still works satisfactorily. There's the Amazon Fire TV with a nice easy to use UI but cuz its a heavily customized android firmware, it requires more knowledge of how android works to "re-customize". Trust me, we all have been searching for the ultimate media box, but there is none atm.
AVFAN
post Aug 15 2014, 05:03 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,036 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 15 2014, 12:21 PM)
I considered upgrading but decided its not worth it since my system still works satisfactorily. There's the Amazon Fire TV with a nice easy to use UI but cuz its a heavily customized android firmware, it requires more knowledge of how android works to "re-customize". Trust me, we all have been searching for the ultimate media box, but there is none atm.

agree. better not rush but hang to what u hv as long as it does the job.

i have 3 media players (just gave 1 away), 2 androids and 2 bd players, can't buy any new box that soon!

ok, 2 yrs later can la... biggrin.gif

by then, we'll see if there is any "ultimate box" or the powerful people have shut down all kinds of good stuuf we now get!

248 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0349sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:30 PM