188 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working for PETRONAS V2, How to get a job, benefits, culture etc

views

TSazraeil
post Nov 13 2013, 03:02 PM, updated 12 months ago

Prince of Ravens
4,285 posts

This is the continuation thread from the thread that started in 2007 (yes, that long ago).

For V1 of the thread please go here

Working in PETRONAS v1

Feel free to ask any questions regarding this company. A lot of Otais are here who can help clarify some matters etc.

For those looking to find a job with this company ... GOOD LUCK!
bossred
post Nov 13 2013, 03:49 PM

6 posts

i am now waiting for their HR to response after the interview..normally how long does it takes for the HR to response..any idea anyone?
TSazraeil
post Nov 13 2013, 03:54 PM

Prince of Ravens
4,285 posts

QUOTE(bossred @ Nov 13 2013, 10:49 AM)
i am now waiting for their HR to response after the interview..normally how long does it takes for the HR to response..any idea anyone?
Some get it quite quickly while some waited for a couple of months.
breaker84
post Nov 13 2013, 04:03 PM

\\//\\//\\//\\//
1,713 posts

guys selain engineer all that is there a normal executive jobs there...
if yes, did petronas put any vacant in their site?
i always monitor that Discover Petronas...
never discover one before...
but suddenly got some friend update status in fb/twitter - already join Petronas...
some staff said, the vacant is close one...
only kenal2 can apply...
is it?

bossred
post Nov 13 2013, 04:42 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(breaker84 @ Nov 13 2013, 04:03 PM)
guys selain engineer all that is there a normal executive jobs there...
if yes, did petronas put any vacant in their site?
i always monitor that Discover Petronas...
never discover one before...
but suddenly got some friend update status in fb/twitter - already join Petronas...
some staff said, the vacant is close one...
only kenal2 can apply...
is it?
hi breaker84..like me..the post was recommended by a friend from different dept..yeah..if you know someone then you will have some sort like fast lane..but still you need to go for 1st, second and 3rd interview..like me attend the third one already..but still dunno what is the result..the interviewer just said that hr will call you back..but dunno when..now just waiting..
TSazraeil
post Nov 13 2013, 05:35 PM

Prince of Ravens
4,285 posts

QUOTE(bossred @ Nov 13 2013, 11:42 AM)
hi breaker84..like me..the post was recommended by a friend from different dept..yeah..if you know someone then you will have some sort like fast lane..but still you need to go for 1st, second and 3rd interview..like me attend the third one already..but still dunno what is the result..the interviewer just said that hr will call you back..but dunno when..now just waiting..
That is obviously true in some sense. Look, I worked in Petronas before for 10 years and have established a lot of network. Most of my good friends are now the GMs and some SGMs of big Department/Divisions in Petronas. So when my brothers (2 of them) were interested to join the company, it's a no brainer that I used my network to get their feet in. They still have to go thorugh all the interviews (I know one of them had to go to 3 interviews as well because he had 6 years experience prior to joining Petronas).

One of the reason why I keep stressing the importance of networking. It helps to expedite matters, but if your brothers/sisters are not qualified, they still won't get in.
elijah3art
post Nov 13 2013, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

In all curiosity, is Petronas always hiring ?
I mean would they interview someone only after there's an open vacancy relevant to the background of the applicants OR they interviewed someone and that one passed (sort of securing a placement in the company), only then the HR inquire of any departments that is in need of such people ?

does the current global economic downturn directly related to the current rising unemployment or that the O&G industry is sort of independent from that factor since it by itself is expanding with new discoveries, contracts n et.

wanc
post Nov 14 2013, 11:37 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(bossred @ Nov 13 2013, 03:49 PM)
Also waiting for their response after the TA assessment last month..dont know whether successful or not hmm.gif

This post has been edited by wanc: Nov 14 2013, 11:40 AM
bossred
post Nov 14 2013, 11:54 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(wanc @ Nov 14 2013, 11:37 AM)
Also waiting for their response after the TA assessment last month..dont know whether successful or not  hmm.gif
Me also patiently waiting now..hopefully they will employ me..just need to think positive..
svitak
post Nov 14 2013, 12:06 PM

31 posts

-

This post has been edited by svitak: Apr 12 2014, 02:58 PM
abdz
post Nov 15 2013, 12:41 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

hmmm. i've been called by someone claiming that he is from petronas. however, the call was cut short because he needs to attend meeting. and until now, the person dont call me again. wondering if my application was dumped. cry.gif

This post has been edited by abdz: Nov 15 2013, 12:42 AM
bossred
post Nov 15 2013, 08:53 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(svitak @ Nov 14 2013, 12:06 PM)
I already secured marine and lube exec post last august at pdb. But I reject it at last bcos the post is more to lube sales & marketing, and I actually want a more to technical job. Most of my fren told me I made a bad decision to reject it, why? Because its PETRONAS dude. Now pdb call me back to for the same post. Dilemma again, need suggestion pls.
do the pro and cons..draft the comparison...and choose the best one..
Zara Anbalagan
post Nov 15 2013, 09:45 AM

45 posts

You're looking for a job desperately and would love to have a job in OIL & GAS companies in Malaysia ?

Please register at http://petrojobsasia.com/ and apply for the jobs which meets your qualification with ABSOLUTELY NO FEE.

And this is no scam ..

Watch our corporate video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnLjp-lIupM or email me at zara@petrojobsasia.com for more details.
malygos
post Nov 15 2013, 10:54 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(azraeil @ Nov 13 2013, 05:35 PM)
That is obviously true in some sense. Look, I worked in Petronas before for 10 years and have established a lot of network. Most of my good friends are now the GMs and some SGMs of big Department/Divisions in Petronas. So when my brothers (2 of them) were interested to join the company, it's a no brainer that I used my network to get their feet in. They still have to go thorugh all the interviews (I know one of them had to go to 3 interviews as well because he had 6 years experience prior to joining Petronas).

One of the reason why I keep stressing the importance of networking. It helps to expedite matters, but if your brothers/sisters are not qualified, they still won't get in.
Good to know with or without cable you need to be qualified to enter.
sixvegas09
post Nov 16 2013, 04:00 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

Is petronas ict is consider part of petronas like petronas cari gali? In term of salary and benefits?
VinnieJones1988
post Nov 16 2013, 10:40 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(azraeil @ Nov 13 2013, 05:35 PM)

Hello Azraeil...10 years is a long time, when did you exactly leave? I'm ex-petronas as well
lanXX
post Nov 17 2013, 09:08 AM

Getting Started
221 posts

any ex-instep here?
shadow_calamity
post Nov 17 2013, 09:11 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(svitak @ Nov 14 2013, 12:06 PM)
I already secured marine and lube exec post last august at pdb. But I reject it at last bcos the post is more to lube sales & marketing, and I actually want a more to technical job. Most of my fren told me I made a bad decision to reject it, why? Because its PETRONAS dude. Now pdb call me back to for the same post. Dilemma again, need suggestion pls.
get on board first.. if not happy then change position lor.. company like this sure got some flexibility one...
SUSRandy Marsh
post Nov 17 2013, 09:21 AM

Casual
470 posts

Are there any department for creative multimedia in Petronas ?

TSazraeil
post Nov 17 2013, 01:02 PM

Prince of Ravens
4,285 posts

QUOTE(VinnieJones1988 @ Nov 16 2013, 05:40 PM)
Hello Azraeil...10 years is a long time, when did you exactly leave? I'm ex-petronas as well
I left at the end of 2006.

188 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:17 AM