Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

159 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here (Travel)

views

TSsugarbaby
post Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
136 posts

Hi all, I need to get advise here...I'm going to Hong Kong next month to visit my relative, all alone...so, pls advise me on the following icon_question.gif :

1. I want to apply passport. The nearest place for me is Damansara, near HELP college. Where exactly is the location? My friend told me to take Putra LRT, then feeder bus and stop at Menara Millennium. Then how? I heard over there got a machine to insert all your documents and money, which means u dont have to queue up for number. Issit true?

2. My flight to HK is 7.30am, which means I need to be at airport by 5.00am. Once I reach the airport, what's the procedures? How do I check in? After check in, then go where?

Hope all the frequent travellers can help me....thanks! rclxms.gif

Tumpang post-juichuan

quoted from this site:

http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/perkhidmatan/im_PasportMsia.asp

Malaysian Passport 

Purpose

This passport is issued to Malaysian Citizen for the purpose of travelling abroad. 

Validity 

Valid for five (5) years from the date of issue and cannot be renewed. 

Conditions 

Form A - IM.42 - Pin 1/1997 (Download) 

Form A1/B1 (father's permission if relevant) 

2 photographs of applicant measuring 3.5 cm X 5.0 cm 

Old Passport (if any) 

Payment
  32 pages - RM300
  64 pages - RM600 

Applicant If Conditions
18 years and above  - 
Identity Card 

Police / Army Identity Card 

Below 18 years for those whose are married  - 
Identity Card 

Marriage Certificate 

Below 18 years  Have parents 
Identity Card (12 years old and above) 

Birth Certificate 

Father's or Mother's Identity Card 

Below 18 years  Parents (deceased) 

Birth Certificate 

Parents' Death Certificate 

Statutory Declaration of Guardianship 

Below 18 years  Parents Divorced 

Birth Certificate 

Mother's Identity card 

Court's Order For Custody of Child 

Below 18 years  Adopted Child 

Birth Certificate 

Identity Card of Legal Guardian 

Certificate of Adoption certifying child's citizenship status 

Passport application are not available in Immigration Headquaters, Putrajaya.

Malaysian Passport for Children and Students

For children and students who intend to study overseas will have the privilege of paying the passport half of the normal price with conditions:-

For children, must be below 12 years old on the date of submission. 

For students below 21 years old on the date of submission with the offer letter from the overseas institution or letter from the respective sponsor. 

Note: For situations not stated here, please contact the nearest Immigration Department for further clarification. 
This post has been edited by juichuan: Sep 3 2006, 11:39 PM
fookinell
post Jun 5 2006, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM)
Hi all, I need to get advise here...I'm going to Hong Kong next month to visit my relative, all alone...so, pls advise me on the following  icon_question.gif :

1. I want to apply passport. The nearest place for me is Damansara, near HELP college. Where exactly is the location? My friend told me to take Putra LRT, then feeder bus and stop at Menara Millennium. Then how? I heard over there got a machine to insert all your documents and money, which means u dont have to queue up for number. Issit true?

2. My flight to HK is 7.30am, which means I need to be at airport by 5.00am. Once I reach the airport, what's the procedures? How do I check in? After check in, then go where?

Hope all the frequent travellers can help me....thanks!  rclxms.gif
I think you better do your passport fast if you plan to travel next month. I believe it takes a minimum 2 weeks for the Immigration Department to get the passport ready from the date of application.

Depending on where you live, there is an Immigration Department at Kompleks Wilayah and at the old Subang Airport. The one at Pusta Bandar Damansara is normally packed with people. My best advice is to be there early i.e. before 7 a.m. to get queque for a number.

As for international flight, you need to check-in at least 2 hours from the flight departure. After you check in just go to the departure gate that is stated on your ticket and waiting for boarding.

Hope this helps smile.gif

xue
post Jun 5 2006, 08:52 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM)
Hi all, I need to get advise here...I'm going to Hong Kong next month to visit my relative, all alone...so, pls advise me on the following  icon_question.gif :

Hope all the frequent travellers can help me....thanks!  rclxms.gif
I think machine autorenewal is only for renewing passport, if you are applying for the first time, then you need to go to counter. I heard the old Subang airport (?terminal 2) is the least crowded, Wilayah kompleks should still be functioning for passport application, provided you go early, not on school hoiliday, should be fast. Passport will be ready in 3 days, RM300 for 32 pages.
you can download the form here
http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/Forms/im_forms.asp
othewise first thing is got o the form counter to buy the form and get to the queque, which can be loooong..
need 2 passsport size photo (make sure is the correct size), original and photocopied IC, and pay money on the same day.

HK might have lots of passenger, which mean you better go early, check from the display which counter are you suppose to check in (MAS has a common counter, which mean any flight on MAS can be checked in there).

Then go to the international departure gate, you need to go down the escalator and reach immigration check point, malaysian passport is simple, just go to one of the autogate and insert ur passport as instructed, then u are done. After that take the aerotrain (just follow people) and you will be brought to the gate, look for ur gate, usually u have time to hang around, nowadys there is an internet booth (still around?) that u can surf for free. Fast food there is burger king, rest are all cafes, bring something to eat then u can save money.

sign boards are everywhere so you wont miss ur way

that is it, hope it help..
db07mufan
post Jun 6 2006, 02:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,679 posts

they preety much said it all.

First time travelling?

Have fun!
socratesman
post Jun 6 2006, 04:19 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

the photocopied IC for passport application, does it need to be certified as a true copy ?
darkages
post Jun 6 2006, 05:11 PM

Jam Bumi
Group Icon
VIP
4,206 posts

QUOTE(socratesman @ Jun 6 2006, 04:19 PM)
the photocopied IC for passport application, does it need to be certified as a true copy ?
Just pass the photocopied IC together with the original to the officer at the counter.
xue
post Jun 6 2006, 06:54 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(socratesman @ Jun 6 2006, 04:19 PM)
no need

for bit of additional cost
you can get photo and IC photostated on the spot (in Kompleks Wilayah)

BTW
those people from Sabah and Sarawak need to bring birth cert along iif yopu apply in Peninsular Malaysia
and it wil probably takes like 6-8 weeks vmad.gif
TSsugarbaby
post Jun 6 2006, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

i thot i heard people said wilayah complex already closed down? which means only got 2 places in klang valley to make passport...at Dsara and Subang...correct?
darkages
post Jun 6 2006, 09:08 PM

Jam Bumi
Group Icon
VIP
4,206 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 6 2006, 08:27 PM)
i thot i heard people said wilayah complex already closed down? which means only got 2 places in klang valley to make passport...at Dsara and Subang...correct?
I renewed mine at PKNS Shah Alam just a few months back.
AnimeAsia
post Jun 7 2006, 09:25 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(xue @ Jun 5 2006, 08:52 PM)
I think machine autorenewal is only for renewing passport,
You mean if want to renew passport just go to the machine and renew? No need to fill in forms? What about payment?
xue
post Jun 7 2006, 10:11 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(AnimeAsia @ Jun 7 2006, 09:25 PM)
You mean if want to renew passport just go to the machine and renew? No need to fill in forms? What about payment?
pay to the machine
need to use MyKad

I think can only be done at Damansara
maybe putrajaya as well

need to go and collect the next working day if i am not mistaken
Sinque
post Jun 7 2006, 10:15 PM

Evertonian
1,199 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 6 2006, 08:27 PM)
There is one at Pelabuhan Klang which is normally quite empty.

Also it just takes 1 day to get a passport ready nowadays.
Sinque
post Jun 7 2006, 10:16 PM

Evertonian
1,199 posts

QUOTE(fookinell @ Jun 5 2006, 03:49 PM)
I think you better do your passport fast if you plan to travel next month. I believe it takes a minimum 2 weeks for the Immigration Department to get the passport ready from the date of application.
It will be ready the next day actually.
elaineliew88
post Jun 7 2006, 10:30 PM

MCKY girl
1,230 posts

how much applying for new passport???rm300???
AnimeAsia
post Jun 7 2006, 11:09 PM

Casual
358 posts

Had the old version of passport RM 150, can be used to travel to S'pore. It can't be used anymore due to change of law and have to change to the International version RM 300.

What type of application is this? New application? What documents are needed? Photocopy of IC and passport size photo only?

Which place to make passport is nearer to SS 15, Subang Jaya? Any public transport to get there? Thanks.
Sinque
post Jun 7 2006, 11:57 PM

Evertonian
1,199 posts

QUOTE(elaineliew88 @ Jun 7 2006, 10:30 PM)
how much applying for new passport???rm300???
Should be able to get the info at Immigration website.
elaineliew88
post Jun 8 2006, 01:09 AM

MCKY girl
1,230 posts

QUOTE(Sinque @ Jun 7 2006, 11:57 PM)
Should be able to get the info at Immigration website.
no info oso??? icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
kambing
post Jun 8 2006, 01:29 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

New international passport RM300 cannot renew.Valid 5 years
There is one imigresen at Dang Wangi nearby police station.
New Passport take 1 day to get it.Normally you will get next day.
But for a weird reason old passport holder will get after next 2 day.
If you have special letter you will get on the spot.Like medical and etc.
Last time I go 10am no queue like last time(maybe my luck).Just take half hour and then finish.Just pay RM10 to get passport photo at nearby shop.And 1 photostat IC and fill up the form.Buy the form RM1 if not mistaken.
Total cost RM311+RM10 to drink and petrol at pposite mamak stall hehe..GOOD LUCK

xue
post Jun 8 2006, 02:52 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(kambing @ Jun 8 2006, 01:29 AM)
New international passport RM300 cannot renew.Valid 5 years
There is one imigresen at Dang Wangi nearby police station.
New Passport take 1 day to get it.Normally you will get next day.
But for a weird reason old passport holder will get after next 2 day.
If you have special letter you will get on the spot.Like medical and etc.
Last time I go 10am no queue like last time(maybe my luck).Just take half hour and then finish.Just pay RM10 to get passport photo at nearby shop.And 1 photostat IC and fill up the form.Buy the form RM1 if not mistaken.
Total cost RM311+RM10 to drink and petrol at pposite mamak stall hehe..GOOD LUCK
that Dang Wangi place is in Wilayah Kompleks tongue.gif

suggest park at the opposite private carpark

btw, Yuk Kee opposite Kompleks Wilayah is famous for makan rclxms.gif
off peak season e.g. school holiday should have not too long queque.
xue
post Jun 8 2006, 02:56 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(AnimeAsia @ Jun 7 2006, 11:09 PM)
Had the old version of passport RM 150, can be used to travel to S'pore. It can't be used anymore due to change of law and have to change to the International version RM 300.

What type of application is this? New application? What documents are needed? Photocopy of IC and passport size photo only?

Which place to make passport is nearer to SS 15, Subang Jaya? Any public transport to get there? Thanks.
subang airport, terminal 2

159 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0305sec    1.00    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd October 2021 - 07:26 AM