Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
281 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN DashCam Discussion V1 | DashCam Talk Malaysia, Ask/discuss anything related to dashcam!

views

amad108
post Dec 21 2013, 10:42 PM

remember the name
863 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Dec 21 2013, 06:59 PM)
hmm... where you bought? from what I saw, i think it costs more than that. video looks superb tho. got GPS too?

EDIT: Checked mudah.my. Even GDR30 already RM500. GDR35 is RM700++.
hermm.. i can give contact no if u want.. just pm me bro.. its not me who buy it, person from my company buy its..
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 01:26 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

Okay, a week or two ago at a shop in Akihabara, Tokyo, my parents saw this and insisted on getting one.

user posted image

It's around RM180, which is RM40 more expensive if bought here (saw one LYN member selling). Oh well.

SAMPLE VIDEO:

Full unboxing video (and probably review) coming after this.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 01:32 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

http://www.foxoffer.com/shadow-gt680w-full...ml#.Uso_0fQW18E

Currently the most bang for buck camera so far.

Just ordered one, waiting for arrival. Hehe.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 01:38 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Dec 19 2013, 04:11 PM)
dood ur post is pretty much a waste of space... this isnt a thread asking where to buy...its asking for recommendations on which one to buy...

ebay everyone oso knows la... hell...mudah.my oso can get... even LYN garage sales oso got sell...

just googling alone will get u alot of answers.

doh.gif
epic price requires epic staying away... aggaga

but with the G1W, considering u can get something for approx RM300 INCLUDING a 32GB MicroSD card (purchased separately)  with that kinda quality... i have to say its pretty bang for buck. but id still wanna find one locally....
Now got new model already, GW1H.

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1wh-car-dvr-full-...ml#.UspApfQW18E

New cheap NTK96650+AR0330 Car Camera arrived-G1WH
Posted on December 30, 2013 by FoxOffer — No Comments ↓
The car cameras based on NTK96650 chip and AR0330 sensor are very hot sale this year, the popular car camera is like G1W, LS300W, GT300W. Now we start to sell a new camera called G1WH which looks like LS300W.

g1wh car dvr_LRG

The difference between G1W and G1WH:

1. Looks different

2. G1WH view angle is 140 degree VS G1W 120 degree

3. G1WH video quality is a little better(personal opinion)

4. Mainboard is different, but is hard to tell which one is better.

http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2013/12/30/ne...a-arrived-g1wh/

And also the first China DVR running on supercapacitor, just like Papago's DVR.

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1w-full-hd-1080p-...ml#.UspAqvQW18E

You guys should get your cameras from Foxoffer, Dealextreme or reputable eBay sellers, heard a few horor stories from Ali. Foxoffer and DX will be your best bet and their prices are pretty cheap, shipping's free and also the DVR's ship from Singapore!
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 01:59 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 01:32 PM)
http://www.foxoffer.com/shadow-gt680w-full...ml#.Uso_0fQW18E

Currently the most bang for buck camera so far.

Just ordered one, waiting for arrival. Hehe.
Okay then. Don't forget to post reviews ya... icon_idea.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 02:15 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 01:59 PM)
Okay then. Don't forget to post reviews ya...  icon_idea.gif
The GT680w should have PLENTY of reviews in the net. Here's one from a reputable forumer

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/compl...c-seezeus.3291/

I personally owning the GS9000 dashcam. Too bad I bought it before the floods of Novatek NTK96650 came about.
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 02:21 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 02:15 PM)
The GT680w should have PLENTY of reviews in the net. Here's one from a reputable forumer

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/compl...c-seezeus.3291/

I personally owning the GS9000 dashcam. Too bad I bought it before the floods of Novatek NTK96650 came about.
I was thinking of getting the G1W but haven't saw any shops selling it yet.

Mine has a crappy microphone. So I need to test another one.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Jan 6 2014, 02:23 PM
mADmAN
post Jan 6 2014, 02:30 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,408 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 01:38 PM)
Now got new model already, GW1H.

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1wh-car-dvr-full-...ml#.UspApfQW18E
http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2013/12/30/ne...a-arrived-g1wh/

And also the first China DVR running on supercapacitor, just like Papago's DVR.

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1w-full-hd-1080p-...ml#.UspAqvQW18E

You guys should get your cameras from Foxoffer, Dealextreme or reputable eBay sellers, heard a few horor stories from Ali. Foxoffer and DX will be your best bet and their prices are pretty cheap, shipping's free and also the DVR's ship from Singapore!
interesting... any reviews? dont have time to google for GW1H reviews yet

and any idea how long it takes for shipping? would be awesome if its only 1 week... kinda need it before the 8/2

This post has been edited by mADmAN: Jan 6 2014, 02:31 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 02:45 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 02:21 PM)
I was thinking of getting the G1W but haven't saw any shops selling it yet.

Mine has a crappy microphone. So I need to test another one.
Just get it online. All you can get locally here are cheapass dashcams. Actually I'm thinking of bringing in some good quality dashcams to be sold here seeing that all dashcams over here are all crap quality. Only thing worried is whether will people buy these dashcams considering the cheaper ones are priced around RM100-150 sweat.gif

My GS9000 have very, very good audio quality, not too sure about the GT680 or G1WH though but I read the Novatek's have a tendency to produce a constant frequency hiss but they say it's not really a deal-breaker, just a minor annoyance during video playback

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 6 2014, 02:30 PM)
interesting... any reviews? dont have time to google for GW1H reviews yet

and any idea how long it takes for shipping? would be awesome if its only 1 week... kinda need it before the 8/2
Well, if you've seen the G1W sample videos, the G1WH just adds wider angle and slightly better video quality.

I remember my item from DX took 2 weeks to arrive from Singapore. We'll see how long the GT680 i ordered from Foxoffer will take to arrive but they provided me a tracking number to Singpost.

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 6 2014, 02:50 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 02:47 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

Repost of a sample video from my GS9000

The RAW video quality looks alot better though, youtube compression for dashcam files sucks big time.

The dude shouting is seated at the back seats by the way.

and according to the video I went from 90+kmh to 38kmh in a pretty short distance laugh.gif

the GPS speed data lags very slightly though as you can see from the video.

The GT680w i bought from Foxoffer, comes with the additional GPS module, paid extra for that of course. Haha

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 6 2014, 02:49 PM
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 02:51 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 02:45 PM)
Just get it online. All you can get locally here are cheapass dashcams. Actually I'm thinking of bringing in some good quality dashcams to be sold here seeing that all dashcams over here are all crap quality. Only thing worried is whether will people buy these dashcams considering the cheaper ones are priced around RM100-150 sweat.gif

My GS9000 have very, very good audio quality, not too sure about the GT680 or G1WH though but I read the Novatek's have a tendency to produce a constant frequency hiss but they say it's not really a deal-breaker, just a minor annoyance during video playback
Well, if you've seen the G1W sample videos, the G1WH just adds wider angle and slightly better video quality.

I remember my item from DX took 2 weeks to arrive from Singapore. We'll see how long the GT680 i ordered from Foxoffer will take to arrive.
G1W will be the best value for money dashcam. I saw someone selling G1W on ebay for just RM124. You can say it's "award-winning" laugh.gif

If you dare to take the risk, bring in stuff like Blackvue, MINI DVR 0801, Vico WF-1, etc.

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Jan 6 2014, 02:54 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 02:55 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 02:51 PM)
G1W will be the best value for money dashcam. I saw someone selling G1W on ebay for just RM124. You can say it's "award-winning"  laugh.gif

If you dare to take the risk, bring in stuff like Blackvue, MINI DVR 0801, Vico WF-1, etc.
And now we have the G1WH. Hehe.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Beware of buying from eBay though as there are many fakes, unless you're 100% sure it's the original one.
mADmAN
post Jan 6 2014, 03:08 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,408 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 02:55 PM)
And now we have the G1WH. Hehe.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Beware of buying from eBay though as there are many fakes, unless you're 100% sure it's the original one.
fuggit... just ordered G1WH from foxoffer and included the 32gb card one shot so i no need susah2 go find the stuff since the card only converts to RM75.... total came up to RM282.37 for camera + 32gb card....luckily can pay using paypal heh.

hopefully it arrives soon... wanna test it out before bringing it to SIC for track day on the 8th of Feb

and i hope its flexible enough so i can mount it on the rear passenger side window to get this kinda angle

just so that i can see how sucky or menggelabah i am in the car... heheheheheh

anyway.... now id like to ask for recommendations on a dual camera (front and rear) DVR... getting an MPV soon which my wife n son will be in most of the time, so i wanna make sure all is good.... something around the RM300 range inclusive of memory card would be awesome....any ideas? something that maybe has a screen up front so that can use as a reverse camera oso

This post has been edited by mADmAN: Jan 6 2014, 03:08 PM
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 03:18 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 6 2014, 03:08 PM)
fuggit... just ordered G1WH from foxoffer and included the 32gb card one shot so i no need susah2 go find the stuff since the card only converts to RM75.... total came up to RM282.37 for camera + 32gb card....luckily can pay using paypal heh.

hopefully it arrives soon... wanna test it out before bringing it to SIC for track day on the 8th of Feb

and i hope its flexible enough so i can mount it on the rear passenger side window to get this kinda angle

just so that i can see how sucky or menggelabah i am in the car... heheheheheh
anyway.... now id like to ask for recommendations on a dual camera (front and rear) DVR... getting an MPV soon which my wife n son will be in most of the time, so i wanna make sure all is good.... something around the RM300 range inclusive of memory card would be awesome....any ideas? something that maybe has a screen up front so that can use as a reverse camera oso
LOL you finally decided to buy. I chose the GT680W because of the GPS. laugh.gif

I'd recommend you get another card to load on during the actual track run though. At least you don't risk your files getting overwritten on your way home or when you forget to unload the videos laugh.gif

But then again, 32gb should be good for around 8 hours of videos...

And currently in the market there aren't much decent dual channel DVR's though. The good ones are all bloody expensive made in Korea stuff with touchscreen and all. Price can rival the GoPro Hero 3 Black edition sweat.gif

I'd just go with sticking another G1W to the rear laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Jan 6 2014, 03:19 PM
mADmAN
post Jan 6 2014, 03:20 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,408 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:18 PM)
LOL you finally decided to buy. I chose the GT680W because of the GPS. laugh.gif

I'd recommend you get another card to load on during the actual track run though. At least you don't risk your files getting overwritten on your way home or when you forget to unload the videos laugh.gif

But then again, 32gb should be good for around 8 hours of videos...

And currently in the market there aren't much decent dual channel DVR's though. The good ones are all bloody expensive made in Korea stuff with touchscreen and all. Price can rival the GoPro Hero 3 Black edition sweat.gif

I'd just go with sticking another G1W to the rear laugh.gif
hahahahahaha...yeha.... been wanting one of these since my last track day 2.5 years ago... might as well just bite the bullet since bonus just came out hahahhahahaha

actually im planning on unplugging it as soon as track day is over just to make sure heheheh

that is of course, provided the camera arrives BEFORE 8th of feb la.. otherwise itll be an epic facepalm moment doh.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 03:24 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Jan 6 2014, 03:20 PM)
hahahahahaha...yeha.... been wanting one of these since my last track day 2.5 years ago... might as well just bite the bullet since bonus just came out hahahhahahaha

actually im planning on unplugging it as soon as track day is over just to make sure heheheh

that is of course, provided the camera arrives BEFORE 8th of feb la.. otherwise itll be an epic facepalm moment doh.gif
Just leave it plugged in la. Mana tau will manage to record some dude crashing on the way back from SIC lol.

High chance it would arrive before feb. Most of the time it will arrive within 2 weeks though my longest wait was 4 weeks, but that was from eBay chipment from China.

Else you could borrow someone's Gopro. I'm sure you have friends who owns one rolleyes.gif

TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 03:30 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

Quick review of my dashcam:

Already destroyed 1 microSD card when using the built-in format function. Just now went out for lunch, it kept saying Memory error and I had to remove the SD card and plug it into my PC to make sure it's okay. It turns out to be almost full and I had to manually format it.

So Nightstalker1993, might be considering your G1WH. Anyway G1W is already a fake copycat of LS300W.
Nightstalker1993
post Jan 6 2014, 03:42 PM

M� �R�|�
8,812 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 03:30 PM)

Already destroyed 1 microSD card when using the built-in format function. Just now went out for lunch, it kept saying Memory error and I had to remove the SD card and plug it into my PC to make sure it's okay. It turns out to be almost full and I had to manually format it.

So Nightstalker1993, might be considering your G1WH. Anyway G1W is already a fake copycat of LS300W.
Well, alot of these company share the same body, they just change the internals and sell it as a new product under a new product name.

I might get one G1WH for my rear though. Will definitely beat any dual channel DVR's in terms of price and quality laugh.gif
TSwinkiedilwy
post Jan 6 2014, 03:48 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,330 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:42 PM)
Well, alot of these company share the same body, they just change the internals and sell it as a new product under a new product name.

I might get one G1WH for my rear though. Will definitely beat any dual channel DVR's in terms of price and quality laugh.gif
LEL.
Not really.
ls300w is by DOD. G1W is by some small chinese companies that does most cheap car DVRs.

LS300W is completely different from G1W.

Anyway problem fixed. Had to manually format the memory card. A 16GB memory card can hold only 2 hours of 1080p videos! WTF.
mADmAN
post Jan 6 2014, 03:53 PM

} InSAnITY PErSoNaFIeD {
All Stars
10,408 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:24 PM)
Just leave it plugged in la. Mana tau will manage to record some dude crashing on the way back from SIC lol.

High chance it would arrive before feb. Most of the time it will arrive within 2 weeks though my longest wait was 4 weeks, but that was from eBay chipment from China.

Else you could borrow someone's Gopro. I'm sure you have friends who owns one rolleyes.gif
good point ahahahhaa

go pro... dun wan la.. dun like borrowing stuff... worse comes to worse, can always use my mobile phone to record...

now just wondering if racechrono can work in the background while recording or not.. if can then cun thumbup.gif

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Jan 6 2014, 03:30 PM)

wat dashcam is this?

281 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0987sec    1.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 02:10 AM