Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

268 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN DashCam Discussion V1 | DashCam Talk Malaysia, Ask/discuss anything related to dashcam!

MR_alien
post Sep 22 2013, 09:38 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 22 2013, 04:02 PM)
I'm looking for something at least 720p, but has a good camera and video recording.
Some people recommend me to just get a second hand iPhone 4 and use it.  doh.gif  doh.gif

I saw BlackVue ones are good, but it's so expensive! And, no microphone?
just use ip4 is an option
in youtube...i did follow a channel where he record everything that happens when its behind a wheel
but if not wrong, hes using ip4s
he starts record everytime hes in the car
maxovista
post Sep 22 2013, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 22 2013, 09:38 PM)
in youtube...i did follow a channel where he record everything that happens when its behind a wheel
what happen if the memory full......can the recording loop over by deleting the oldest file???
MR_alien
post Sep 22 2013, 09:48 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(maxovista @ Sep 22 2013, 09:41 PM)
what happen if the memory full......can the recording loop over by deleting the oldest file???
thats a no
some cheapo DVR dn't have that loop function
tishaban
post Sep 22 2013, 10:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 22 2013, 04:02 PM)
I'm looking for something at least 720p, but has a good camera and video recording.
Some people recommend me to just get a second hand iPhone 4 and use it.  doh.gif  doh.gif

I saw BlackVue ones are good, but it's so expensive! And, no microphone?
The BlackVue definitely has audio. I have one and using it for some time already. Caught one accident happening in front of me too.

I did some research on the iPhone first obviously because I have an iPhone but I'm not convinced that the lens is wide enough or the iPhone is sturdy enough to record during an accident.

Nightstalker1993
post Sep 23 2013, 03:41 AM

M� �R�|�

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 22 2013, 03:58 PM)
Unfortunately it is. Most people advertise online nowadays. But we would like to try it out first before purchase. There are lots of dashcam manufacturers out there, especially china and HK, but all they do is slap in a idunnowhat camera lens and that's it. Not really optimized for the proper usage.
depends on the model. Thats why we have forums like Dashcamtalk to discuss the quality of the product and also sample videos on Youtube is aplenty. Not all china dashcams are bad, you just have to pick wisely and also pray hard before getting it as QC does seem to be a problem but if everything's good, you may had just purchased the best thing for the money.

Heres a sample from my GS9000 night shot, taken on NKVE. It's not too bright but it still retains alot of detail and noise levels are in check unlike some other cameras which boosts the ISO until the video literally becomes blotches of colour.

http://i.imgur.com/xxLU5B7.jpg

another sample in the day.

http://i.imgur.com/b8ZnE4K.jpg

notice that the lens angle is soooooo wide that you can actually see the base of both a-pillars.

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 22 2013, 09:48 PM)
thats a no
even the cheapest DVR have loop function lerr. Else it won't be called a DVR already
Nightstalker1993
post Sep 23 2013, 04:13 AM

M� �R�|�

http://www.foxoffer.com/gt550w-full-hd-108...ml#.Uj9OT8Zmh8E

this model here does not have GPS, but look at the specs and sample vids, the video quality is AWESOME especially in the night! Only costs roughly RM350

Seems to be a rebranded DOD LS300W which means it's quite decent!

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Sep 23 2013, 04:20 AM
winkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 09:49 AM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Sep 22 2013, 03:01 AM)
I'm using the GS9000. Bought it for RM330 on DealExtreme. Pretty damn bloody wide angle! Sample videos can get from Youtube.

heres my own sample.

I'd like to add also that the raw files looks TWICE as good as Youtube's compression at 1080p by the way.

screengrabs(warning large pics)

http://i.imgur.com/JewWDCL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nr4JtLE.jpg

Do acknowledge that by buying these cheap china dashcams, you're basically taking a gamble by the way. Google for GS9000 on dashcamtalk and you can read horror stories as well as success stories. My tips is do your research before buying any dashcam so you know the pros and cons before buying. Also read up on processor types etc and don't fall for cheap prices on ebay as it might be fakes(yeap, fakes of china brands)

add: just added another sample that happened today

Not too bad actually, and the audio quite good! It does have GPS and G-sensor??

That's why I've searched high and low on LYN's AG, about 90% of them are idunnowhat brands, costs roughly RM89-200. I saw this guy, he's selling 5 types of china idunnowhat brand DVR and after watching all the sample videos, all of them are crap. My friend bought one of those, around 150++. Just normal basic lens, full HD but it's quality isn't good.

Btw, a DB9's bumper will costs you >50 grand.
winkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 09:52 AM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(rollover @ Sep 22 2013, 08:08 AM)
I personally use a Blackvue DR380HD. It's 720p only, however the video quality at night is excellent. It has even more features that I never thought about when buying a dashcam eg. parking mode, battery backup for recording when the engine is off etc.

Build quality is excellent, I've had it for 7 months without problems but the price is far too expensive in Malaysia for any dashcam as mentioned by someone already. I would like to get a cheap dashcam but from watching youtube the video quality at night is lower, plus from dashcamtalk forums etc. most of the cheap China made dashcams aren't very reliable (overheating etc.)

This is my own personal video at the KL-Putrajaya highway

It's actually quite clear, and yep, 720p is enough. But it's expensive as fk!
winkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 09:53 AM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(wordtalks @ Sep 22 2013, 04:20 PM)
gopro where got less than RM300? doh.gif
cheapest I saw is RM800+, but normally more than 1k.. laugh.gif

for car camcorder, there is <RM300 most of the place got sell.
New Hero 3 around 800++, so i guess that's the original hero, or second/third hand item.
winkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 10:01 AM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(maxovista @ Sep 22 2013, 08:02 PM)
No, I didnt keep samples of my night time driving videos! Wipe them off already....sorry  doh.gif

Anyway, the YT sample that you post has similar quality or close enough on what I am having now.....wait until you see the China made devices night time recording! I tell you... very very dark! The video images are darker than the actual situation.

As for Mivue, I guess the device managed to capture as close as what you can see during night time driving!

(note: it was a good video sample, as it was dark and raining.....yet you can still recognize the white car passing at the junction)
From that video it's actually quite dark as well. You can't see a thing at first, and I thought his headlights were off. But all our cars have Xenons so I think that wouldn't be a problem.

But i'll try to avoid something like this: doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

winkiedilwy
post Sep 23 2013, 10:14 AM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 22 2013, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 22 2013, 09:48 PM)
thats a no
most cheapos will have the loop function, and that's it.
btw, it's not cheap to get an iphone 4, and I personally using an iPhone 5, so I can actually use my iPhone 5 to record, but problems are:

1) overheat easily, with screen on all the time and recording, and you need to keep the iphone plugged to the usb adaptor
2) if use normal camera app, no date and time will be shown
3) 3rd party "car dvr" app for iPhone costs a bomb and they only add date and time and probably speed, and they record at most 480p.
4) recording will stop when someone interrupts with a phone call

QUOTE(maxovista @ Sep 22 2013, 09:41 PM)
mostly can.

Kendall
post Sep 23 2013, 10:31 AM

Enthusiast

You do realize your budget is rm300 right?
makaveli
post Sep 23 2013, 03:37 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Sep 22 2013, 03:01 AM)
I'm using the GS9000. Bought it for RM330 on DealExtreme. Pretty damn bloody wide angle! Sample videos can get from Youtube.

heres my own sample.

I'd like to add also that the raw files looks TWICE as good as Youtube's compression at 1080p by the way.

screengrabs(warning large pics)

http://i.imgur.com/JewWDCL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nr4JtLE.jpg

Do acknowledge that by buying these cheap china dashcams, you're basically taking a gamble by the way. Google for GS9000 on dashcamtalk and you can read horror stories as well as success stories. My tips is do your research before buying any dashcam so you know the pros and cons before buying. Also read up on processor types etc and don't fall for cheap prices on ebay as it might be fakes(yeap, fakes of china brands)

add: just added another sample that happened today

your DB9 been troll in FB recently . hahaha
Nightstalker1993
post Sep 23 2013, 04:38 PM

M� �R�|�

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 23 2013, 09:49 AM)
Not too bad actually, and the audio quite good! It does have GPS and G-sensor??

That's why I've searched high and low on LYN's AG, about 90% of them are idunnowhat brands, costs roughly RM89-200. I saw this guy, he's selling 5 types of china idunnowhat brand DVR and after watching all the sample videos, all of them are crap. My friend bought one of those, around 150++. Just normal basic lens, full HD but it's quality isn't good.

Btw, a DB9's bumper will costs you >50 grand.
That's why i ddin't bother searching locally when i was eyeing out for a dashcam. I guess the only decent one sold locally is the Papago which the cheapest model is RM400 and the only features it have is record, plus it does not have a battery, instead it have a 'supercapacitor' of some sort, enough juice only to save the video file when you kill the engine, no extended record.

I bought mine from Dealextreme by the way and this video came with my camera laugh.gif

Oh and btw, unlike some dashcams, the GS9000 have literally ZERO gap between files. playback via the software provided which automatically detects the recordings within the same session then compiles everything and you're able to playback all the segments as if it was one long video instead. Between each segment i do not see any gaps at all

at least i know they test their cameras out before sending it over. And my package actually arrived from Singapore sweat.gif

And yes it does have GPS and G-Sensor as can be seen from the speed imprint on the video and also the link i attached showing the screenshot of the app.

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 23 2013, 09:53 AM)
New Hero 3 around 800++, so i guess that's the original hero, or second/third hand item.
Hero 3 got 3 models, white silver and black. the cheapest one priced at RM8xx is actually the Hero 1 HD repackaged while the 2nd in the series is actually the Hero 2 HD repackaged. The only one that's truly new is the Hero 3 Black edition, also the most expensive.

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Sep 23 2013, 10:01 AM)
From that video it's actually quite dark as well. You can't see a thing at first, and I thought his headlights were off. But all our cars have Xenons so I think that wouldn't be a problem.

But i'll try to avoid something like this:  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif

That one is utter crap and it's flooding our malaysian market. Can be gotten for RM100 easily.

If you really don't mind the GPS, you can opt for the one i posted earlier, with F1.6 lens and WDR. The image quality is simply SUPERB! drool.gif

Seems like it's a new model as well, just released 2~3 months ago.

QUOTE(Kendall @ Sep 23 2013, 10:31 AM)
You do realize your budget is rm300 right?
nothing wrong with that. There are many decent cams in that budget range,

QUOTE(makaveli @ Sep 23 2013, 03:37 PM)
your DB9 been troll in FB recently . hahaha
What you mean?

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Sep 23 2013, 04:48 PM
Quazacolt
post Sep 23 2013, 07:47 PM

Riding couple

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Sep 23 2013, 04:38 PM)
what other models you were considering/recommend besides the 2 you've mentioned?
Nightstalker1993
post Sep 24 2013, 03:09 AM

M� �R�|�

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Sep 23 2013, 07:47 PM)
what other models you were considering/recommend besides the 2 you've mentioned?
the gt550w seems like the best bet if you don't need the GPS features. The GS9000 seems to be having more than usual amount of issues but most of it fixable by yoourself if you're a technical type of person. Might be opening up my unit soon. I noticed that after the unit had been placed under the sun for some time, the focus will change, resulting in blurred image, but once it had cooled down it returns to normal doh.gif

suspecting the holder holding the lens to the sensor might be loose lol.
Quazacolt
post Sep 24 2013, 04:24 AM

Riding couple

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Sep 24 2013, 03:09 AM)
the gt550w seems like the best bet if you don't need the GPS features. The GS9000 seems to be having more than usual amount of issues but most of it fixable by yoourself if you're a technical type of person. Might be opening up my unit soon. I noticed that after the unit had been placed under the sun for some time, the focus will change, resulting in blurred image, but once it had cooled down it returns to normal doh.gif

suspecting the holder holding the lens to the sensor might be loose lol.
i see, thanks for the info bro biggrin.gif
maxovista
post Sep 24 2013, 09:55 AM

Getting Started

A sample of Mivue 338 at its best....

In Australia sold as NAVMAN.....the rest as MIO

Product origin - Taiwan

check it out

NAVMAN Mivue

-
-
user posted image
-
-
-
user posted image

This post has been edited by maxovista: Sep 24 2013, 10:10 AM
winkiedilwy
post Sep 24 2013, 03:10 PM

Imma farting carrots.

i tried using iPhone 5 yesterday... clip coming soon
user posted image
dynames07
post Sep 24 2013, 05:01 PM

Getting Started

finevu also looks very good.. but around 1.4k..

http://www.finevu.net/specialpromotion.htm

268 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0855sec    1.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 06:47 AM