Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Amps/Pedals Vox Amplification Official Thread, everything related to our amp!

views

power911
post Sep 16 2012, 11:45 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(PVCpipe @ Sep 16 2012, 11:27 PM)
for practice maybe, but i think, in the long run you would get bored with it because it, if not mistaken, one model can do a particular sound only, like metal would be metal sound, i rather have those guitar to pc connector and use amplitube software, you can get loads of effects, use multiple amps. 
second, this is just my preference. i like to jam along with song blast on pc speaker. so i prefer to have a guitar amp instead. sometimes i connect my amp to laptop (watch movie n such bcause its loud lol), so i just play the song and play guitar on the amp(though the guitar sound wont sound nice when run along with  mp3/laptop)....  using amplug with head phone, i dont think cant really listen to the song. i dont know whether its possible to connect mp3 player or pc into amplug.
there is an aux in for that function though XD

judging by the series they offer... I already know an amp for a certain sound... just hoping for actual usage comments though >.<

I guess I'll have to try it out myself (if I can)
Lamb Of Dog
post Jan 3 2013, 01:27 PM

Casual
387 posts

Hello all fellow VOX users,ive got an ad-vt 30 amp,theres a problem with the input jack. i wanna get it changed or fixed,does anyone know anywhere i can do it? like cheap? i got mine from CK music but i havent asked them coz i reckon its gonna be expensive sad.gif HELP urgent,only small amp i have,i wanna practice biggrin.gif icon_question.gif
Axel95
post Jan 3 2013, 02:02 PM

KEEP ROCKING!
1,284 posts

its just a simple hardware change. how expansive can it be?
Lamb Of Dog
post Jan 5 2013, 10:22 AM

Casual
387 posts

lol,yea yea,i dint know better and im broke haha,turns out its just around 80 bucks,well thx anyways
Axel95
post Jan 5 2013, 09:56 PM

KEEP ROCKING!
1,284 posts

80 bucks? How much is the jack that was installed? I don't think it should be that expansive. or is it?
Lamb Of Dog
post Jan 5 2013, 10:23 PM

Casual
387 posts

well,i havent sent it to CK music yet,they just said its around tat price
supercolossal
post Jan 7 2013, 08:36 AM

On my way
620 posts

Isit still underwarranty? Else send to yustech
wwkkww
post Jan 9 2013, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

I hv the same vt30 model and the same prob. CK fix mine for less than 100 bucks. The said mine is the volume knob issues...
SUSPVCpipe
post Jan 9 2013, 03:39 PM

custom made
1,362 posts

QUOTE(wwkkww @ Jan 9 2013, 03:12 PM)
I hv the same vt30 model and the same prob. CK fix mine for less than 100 bucks. The said mine is the volume knob issues...
what as your problm? i got vt 20+ newer ver of vt30 , and sometimes got popping, crackling sound... i suspect bad solder...
wwkkww
post Jan 9 2013, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

While jamming suddenly loud/soft/no sound, esp while turn up the master volume and voltage up
ashportal
post Jan 10 2013, 09:34 AM

Enthusiast
750 posts

QUOTE(wwkkww @ Jan 9 2013, 04:25 PM)
While jamming suddenly loud/soft/no sound, esp while turn up the master volume and voltage up
Exactly the same prob with mine. Looks like you already fix the problem, mind telling me what part they change or repair? What was the actual cause of the issue?

wwkkww
post Jan 10 2013, 09:51 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

at first i tought is the tube, after fix they told me is the master volume knob problem
chanti-sama
post May 6 2014, 11:15 PM

Enthusiast
709 posts

blink of an eye... adi more than a year...

sharing for those who still interested in modding their 10inch speakers, found this guy selling weber alnico, myself got 1 unit(used) replaced stock speakers from my vt30 -

http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.ph...ence-amp-Weber)
cocwaye
post Mar 13 2019, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Hi

My AD30VT had suddenly gone silent. I tried using headphone and there is sound. Does anyone have the same prblem before? i have changed the tube of the same and it doesnt work. next i am looking for speaker change, which i dont want to repeat my mistake if it doesnt work again. Hence, i would like to know, how do we test if it is the speaker that is not working.

Thank you.

ashportal
post Mar 14 2019, 12:42 PM

Enthusiast
750 posts

QUOTE(cocwaye @ Mar 13 2019, 04:30 PM)
Hi

My AD30VT had suddenly gone silent. I tried using headphone and there is sound. Does anyone have the same prblem before? i have changed the tube of the same and it doesnt work. next i am looking for speaker change, which i dont want to repeat my mistake if it doesnt work again. Hence, i would like to know, how do we test if it is the speaker that is not working.

Thank you.

Exact same problem of my ad15vt, 2 times i send to CK, still the problem reappear after few months. Technician there said the headphone/line jack need to service. Hence why u can hear thru headphone but nothing from speaker. You can try to replace the jack in part instead of only service/cleaning it. Maybe this can solve the problem. I dont think speaker is the reason, speaker not easy to break.

cocwaye
post Mar 20 2019, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

not speaker problem after testing it with battery , and not headphone jack as the sound from headphone is good,, . Just that the seaker is totally silent. I have replaced the vacumm amp tube , the sound from the headphone become less noisy and clearer but it doesnt fix the speaker sound.
Next thing i am going to try is replacing the LM3886T chip.
ariffdude
post Mar 20 2019, 04:13 PM

On my way
628 posts

QUOTE(cocwaye @ Mar 20 2019, 02:00 PM)
not speaker problem after testing it with battery , and not headphone jack as the sound from headphone is good,, . Just that  the seaker is totally silent. I have replaced the vacumm amp tube ,  the sound from the headphone become less noisy and clearer but it doesnt fix the speaker sound.
Next thing i am going to try is replacing the LM3886T  chip.
If you want to replace the amp, I have another Vox AD30VT then, comes with a Celestion Ten 30 tongue.gif

23 Pages « < 21 22 23Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0335sec    0.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:32 PM