Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
140 Pages « < 74 75 76 77 78 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> AIMST University Unofficial LYN Thread, New life. New beat. New Campus. (University)

edge85
post Apr 16 2009, 07:50 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

and still, every kid wants to be a doctor heh
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
agape_rulz
post Apr 16 2009, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

200 to qualify for medic from foundation????? how about the 100 students from JPA ?? and those who's degree are not accepted by MMC???? so the total number of medic students will be more than 300!!!!

luckily physiotherapy is onli about 25-30 ppl.... and i think the number is still very big....
+Quote Post
edge85
post Apr 16 2009, 07:58 PM

Regular

QUOTE(agape_rulz @ Apr 16 2009, 07:50 PM)
200 to qualify for medic from foundation?????    how about the 100 students from JPA ??  and those who's degree are not accepted by MMC????  so the total number of medic students will be more than 300!!!!   

luckily physiotherapy is onli about 25-30 ppl....    and i think the number is still very big....
100 students from JPA in AIMST Foundation in Science? Hmm...maybe these students will be sent to Indonesia, Russia etc? AFAIK, these countries do accept AIMST foundation...
+Quote Post
Ivangile
post Apr 16 2009, 08:07 PM

Casual

OH ya, India is also sending 100++ students to AIMST.. I saw in newspaper..... haha, over crowded lecturer halls.... nightmare....
+Quote Post
csrulez
post Apr 16 2009, 08:14 PM

Life is short, play hard.

Probably 100 is qualified for medicine from JPA, but merit system will take it's role. This means that even if you've passed the minimum requirement to enter MBBS, you're no longer guranteed a seat. You could be offered other courses instead. The top scorers will be placed on first priorities. Thus, in summary if you're aiming for medicine, study hard. No way out, unless you've achieved the top among your batch of students. I guess it's getting competitive, partly good as the entrance requirement is now stricter already.
+Quote Post
edge85
post Apr 16 2009, 08:17 PM

Regular

QUOTE(csrulez @ Apr 16 2009, 08:14 PM)
Probably 100 is qualified for medicine from JPA, but merit system will take it's role. This means that even if you've passed the minimum requirement to enter MBBS, you're no longer guranteed a seat. You could be offered other courses instead. The top scorers will be placed on first priorities. Thus, in summary if you're aiming for medicine, study hard. No way out, unless you've achieved the top among your batch of students. I guess it's getting competitive, partly good as the entrance requirement is now stricter already.
but for JPA students, they are already offered MBBS after they have passed their JPA interview n such..as in, JPA has already secured them a scholaship to pursue medicine......i dont think they'll be dumped into another course should their result don't turn up as good...
+Quote Post
agape_rulz
post Apr 16 2009, 08:19 PM

Getting Started

JPA no money to send them to overseas places....

i read before those ppl sent to European countries under JPA are actually financed under petronas, BNM, and those semi government cooperation...

so they try to send them to do local...
+Quote Post
csrulez
post Apr 16 2009, 09:56 PM

They will retract the scholarships if the scholar's pre-u results are not up to par. I've heard it happening before, even for those who're gonna head to indonesia. How could a scholar lose in term of results to those who're rejected the scholarships? If so, JPA should recheck back on the their selection criteria. Anyhow, is it true that JPA has already sent students to AIMST? Previously students from STPM who scored good results were sent in due to the lack of spaces in the public unis, but JPA scholars?
+Quote Post
cacing
post Apr 16 2009, 10:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(csrulez @ Apr 16 2009, 09:56 PM)
They will retract the scholarships if the scholar's pre-u results are not up to par. I've heard it happening before, even for those who're gonna head to indonesia. How could a scholar lose in term of results to those who're rejected the scholarships? If so, JPA should recheck back on the their selection criteria. Anyhow, is it true that JPA has already sent students to AIMST? Previously students from STPM who scored good results were sent in due to the lack of spaces in the public unis, but JPA scholars?
yup csrulez... even 2008 foundation batch those student that obtain 9As and above but still fail to obtain jpa scholarship to study overseas they automatically entitled to get scholarship for foundation in aimst... they got allowance too... there is around 70 of them... however they must review back their application before continue giving the scholarship.... take in the account of their results, etc.... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
edge85
post Apr 17 2009, 06:48 AM

Regular

QUOTE(csrulez @ Apr 16 2009, 09:56 PM)
there's no transparency in JPA selection criteria...so bad apples get in too...
+Quote Post
paigedark
post Apr 17 2009, 07:12 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(edge85 @ Apr 16 2009, 02:55 PM)
wait, out of 300 students, 100 jpa 100 matric, and the other 100?
the others are the others loh~
the spm-leavers etc...

QUOTE(csrulez @ Apr 16 2009, 03:48 PM)
LT1 couldn't accomodate you guys? Wow, then it must be more than 300 students. Wonder where will the class be held, 200 more will be in for MBBS this august. AIMST definitely needa watch out the amount of students intake.

Ps. Roken : I think some sorta interview process is needed to screen out those who're not eligible for the programmes esp medicine. Just couldn't stand it when i see juniors with blonde hairs, guys with all sorta hairstyles and earrings entering the lecture theatres. Come on, this is a medical faculty!
ha,it varies in people...
yesterday a girl wearing t-shirt and hot pants chased out by the student affairs' leader...

QUOTE(yshiuan @ Apr 16 2009, 04:07 PM)
i think all degree students will get affected, especially the course without constant lecture rooms.
wonder why aimst take so many foundation students.

Biotech intake ald limit their intake to 50ppl per intake. but i'm sure not many ppl wanna enter. haiz...
but from what i heard quite a number of my friends want to take biotech and they are worried might not get a seat..
haha,dun worry lah...

QUOTE(darius777 @ Apr 16 2009, 07:25 PM)
boring la,last night 12.57 a.m. something my roommate juz accidently open door for those idiot ragged us.Can't sleep,only had nap for a while.....
After the orientation 12.30,directly go to sleep for 1+ hours.N now feel better
ha, heard that..
it sounds horrible,right?
but in hoste ground floor stated that no ragging is allowed?

This post has been edited by paigedark: Apr 17 2009, 07:15 AM
+Quote Post
yshiuan
post Apr 17 2009, 11:02 AM

Regular

QUOTE(paigedark @ Apr 17 2009, 07:12 AM)
yesterday a girl wearing t-shirt and hot pants chased out by the student affairs' leader...
but from what i heard quite a number of my friends want to take biotech and they are worried might not get a seat..

suit the girl's face, lol. got few cases before, tat time only wearing singlet and not pants. even geng.

got ppl wanna take biotech? sure got place one dun worry, normally less than 30 seats will be taken.

This post has been edited by yshiuan: Apr 17 2009, 11:05 AM
+Quote Post
MBBS siang
post Apr 17 2009, 11:44 AM

On my way

QUOTE(edge85 @ Apr 17 2009, 07:48 AM)
there's no transparency in JPA selection criteria...so bad apples get in too...
For non-bumi bad apple will not allowed to be a jpa scholar tongue.gif
+Quote Post
joeyen
post Apr 17 2009, 11:59 AM

Haha, so many new foundation batch students coming in to aimst. Really wonder hw the lecture theatre can fit all of them.. Overcrowded... haha. Last year, i thought that my batch was having the most students, nw i guess , nt anymore..haha..
+Quote Post
paigedark
post Apr 17 2009, 06:07 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yshiuan @ Apr 17 2009, 11:02 AM)
suit the girl's face, lol. got few cases before, tat time only wearing singlet and not pants. even geng.

got ppl wanna take biotech? sure got place one dun worry, normally less than 30 seats will be taken.
haha, i tell them first loh....
but what they said is 3 batch intake, so altogether 600++students to grab the seats....

QUOTE(joeyen @ Apr 17 2009, 11:59 AM)
Haha, so many new foundation batch students coming in to aimst. Really wonder hw the lecture theatre can fit all of them.. Overcrowded... haha. Last year, i thought that my batch was having the most students, nw i guess , nt anymore..haha..
last year also many students?
how many?

QUOTE(MBBS siang @ Apr 17 2009, 11:44 AM)
For non-bumi bad apple will not allowed to be a jpa scholar tongue.gif
yaloo...
still don't know which one is you...
u are in class A??

This post has been edited by paigedark: Apr 17 2009, 06:10 PM
+Quote Post
edge85
post Apr 17 2009, 06:16 PM

Regular

welcome to aimst! btw guys, just to let you if you haven't....

don't forget to REGISTER as a patient at the DENTAL FACULTY (opposite girl's hostel)...and receive FREE DENTAL TREATMENT :

1) scaling,
2) polishing,
3) filling,
4) root canal therapy,
5) extraction, (available soon, at the moment extraction only on Mondays)
6) prosthodontics, (bridge, dentures etc)
7) orthodonticss, (available soon)
8) etc etc

registration will take about 20 minutes per patient. registration includes:

1) filling in your details
2) patient history
3) diagnosis
4) X-Ray
***steps 2, 3, 4 done by dental officer

thanks!

This post has been edited by edge85: Apr 17 2009, 06:34 PM
+Quote Post
yshiuan
post Apr 17 2009, 09:48 PM

Regular

can trust the students? sweat.gif
+Quote Post
edge85
post Apr 17 2009, 10:08 PM

Regular

QUOTE(yshiuan @ Apr 17 2009, 09:48 PM)
can trust the students? sweat.gif
under strict supervision of lecturers....and we're damn good...ahha

This post has been edited by edge85: Apr 17 2009, 10:08 PM
+Quote Post
agape_rulz
post Apr 17 2009, 11:17 PM

Getting Started

i did mine =) thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
csrulez
post Apr 18 2009, 12:18 AM

QUOTE(edge85 @ Apr 17 2009, 06:16 PM)
welcome to aimst! btw guys, just to let you if you haven't....

don't forget to REGISTER as a patient at the DENTAL FACULTY (opposite girl's hostel)...and receive FREE DENTAL TREATMENT :

1) scaling,
2) polishing,
3) filling,
4) root canal therapy,
5) extraction, (available soon, at the moment extraction only on Mondays)
6) prosthodontics, (bridge, dentures etc)
7) orthodonticss, (available soon)
8) etc etc

registration will take about 20 minutes per patient. registration includes:

1) filling in your details
2) patient history
3) diagnosis
4) X-Ray
***steps 2, 3, 4 done by dental officer
thanks!
LOL. A verg good advertisement indeed. Anyways, it's really good to let us know the services provided. Does thsi privilleges applies to non-students too? And any form of list with the amount of money charged for each procedures? Was quite keen to do my dental checkup here. I heard that the dental officers are from the public service? True?
+Quote Post

140 Pages « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » 
Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0610sec    3.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:45 PM