Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> CYBERSQUARE @ CYBERJAYA [OWNERS' THREAD], Welcome to the City Centre of Cyberjaya Investment

views

cheraspeople
post Mar 20 2013, 04:55 PM

Enthusiast
756 posts

QUOTE(mister_lau @ Mar 20 2013, 02:15 PM)
I have been working in Cyberjaya for the past 8 years and suddenly see a rapid development these few years. Not too worry about oversupply as this township has a lot of potentials to grow, imho.
me too working in CBJ about 8 years now and really do not see the demand of SOHO or Studio. I am very sure it will be super super over supply.
twincharger07
post Mar 20 2013, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

I have been working in Cyberjaya for the past 8 years and suddenly see a rapid development these few years. Not too worry about oversupply as this township has a lot of potentials to grow, imho.
I have been here since 2001 till today... I dont see how the Cyberjaya can rapidly grow to fill in the 10,000 pigeon plus 10,000 more 2 or 3 bedders apartment in 3 years.. in total there are potentially 20,000 units in 3 years time.. Existing there are already 4,000 units of Condo, apartments and Townhouse

There are around 50,000 population in Cyber now, 1/3 of Cyber population are students and 2/3 are working adults.. I really want to see how Cyberjaya can bring in 100,000 population in next 3 years.. What other MNC coming in? (I mean those really big ones).. How many Uni/College gonna setup here? how many students coming in? any announcement of next catalyst in Cyberjaya?

Government all eye Iskandar, TRX, International Financial Center, Satu Malaysia... When was the last time they talk about bringing big investment into Cyberjaya other than selling land plots to developer and build build build?

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Mar 20 2013, 05:22 PM
optimus28
post Mar 20 2013, 05:31 PM

On my way to??
681 posts

I do believe in CJ's potential as well (thats why i bought a unit there), however it appears that most of the new developments are focused on small units, which is easier and more profitable to sell. What developers should do is to sell medium to big units for families.

That is something which i believe is missing to make this township succesful..
mister_lau
post Mar 20 2013, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Cyberview Sdn Bhd. (Cyberview), a Government owned company. Established in October 1996, Cyberview is the landowner of Cyberjaya and has been mandated to spearhead the development in Cyberjaya.

As the landowner of Cyberjaya, Cyberview’s mission is to realize Cyberjaya as a global MSC Malaysia Cybercity hub and the preferred location for ICT, Multimedia and Services for innovation and operations; and to fulfill specific Government initiatives in support of the innovation economy.

Cyberview offers potential investors facilities to suit their business needs, be they incubator centres, single-tenanted or multi-tenanted buildings; and even enterprise land in sizes tailored to requirement.

The Government has also introduced the Industrial Building Allowance (IBA) incentive, which enables building owners in Cyberjaya to recoup their building costs within 10 years of completion.

On top of that, the city features several unique initiatives in addition to ICT, business support services and physical infrastructure that has attracted numerous companies.

The initiatives, introduced by Cyberview Sdn Bhd, include the 24-hour Cyberjaya Dedicated Transportation System (DTS), which is used to ferry in employees living outside Cyberjaya to (and from) work; and is complemented by an intra-city “Park and Ride” free shuttle bus network.

Cyberview also believes in keeping an open, two-way communications with businesses; and has initiated the Outreach Programme with multinational and local corporations to enable parties to express their views and suggestions to make their operations in Cyberjaya remain seamless and efficient.

Setia Haruman Sdn Bhd. (Setia Haruman), is the master developer for Cyberjaya. Setia Haruman is targeting to fully develop the city within 15 years.

Setia Haruman is 75% owned by Emkay Group, with the balance held by UEM Land Bhd. It is entrusted with designing, planning and developing about 2,830ha in Cyberjaya.

Recently (early June 2012), Setia Haruman announce an investment amounting to RM 2.5 billion over the next five years to develop four projects and construct additional infrastructure for the area.

About RM 2.1 billion will be used to develop the projects, while RM 400mil has been allocated for the construction of infrastructure such as roads and drains, water reservoir drainage systems, sewage treatment plants and fibre optic.

Since its launch in 1997 and some RM2 billion in investments, Setia Haruman has successfully developed Cyberjaya as the country’s intelligent city.

Since 2009, other developers like Mah Sing, SP Setia, OSK and Glomac began buying large parcels of land in the area.

In 2010, 82.5 hectares of land in Cyberjaya was for sold for RM 404.3 million.

Last year the sale land tripled to reach RM 1.23 billion for 261.5 hectares, with residential developments leading the chart at RM 612.6 million followed by commercial developments at RM 395 million and enterprise at RM 156.7 million.

Only 53% of land in Cyberjaya is available for sale for use as residential, mixed, institutional, light industry (automotive), enterprise and commercial developments.

The rest of the land is reserved for public amenities, utilities, infrastructure and a green lung.

To date, there are 16 developers building their projects concurrently in Cyberjaya.

The ongoing and upcoming cumulative investments amount to about RM 20.6 billion and are projected to reach RM 52.6 billion by 2016.

Cyberview, Managing Director, Ir. Hafidz Hashim in an interview with The Star in April 2012, revealed that investments in Cyberjaya totalled RM 3.12 billion in 2010, and RM 3.1 billion in 2011.

A total of RM 522.6 million of the investment value in 2011 is generated from enterprise investment while residential investment came up to RM 2.48 billion.

Property prices in Cyberjaya have rose by about 30% over the last two years.

Investors have enjoyed return of over 10%, and retail business is thriving in Cyberjaya today.

He also stated that as December 2011, development in Cyberjaya is 27% complete.

Thirteen percent is still under construction while 31% is still in the planning stages.

Cyberjaya total population is expected to reach 100,000 by 2016 – almost double its current 54,000.

This corresponds with the total property development investments of RM 20 billion in this period alone.

With that, the grand total of investments has reached RM 32.6 billion from all major developers since 1997.

Through careful planning, Cyberjaya is today a true cybercity consisting of business incubators, enterprise development, residential properties, commercial outlets, educational institutions and other public amenities.
m3lv
post Mar 20 2013, 05:36 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(elfness @ Mar 20 2013, 02:26 PM)
Hi, can you explain further?
how about previous buyer who placed booking but havent got their loan?
From what I heard, buyers that book it before last Wed will have DIBS however after that, won't have DIBS. Am considering should I go for CyberSquare or Pan'gaea hmm.gif
twincharger07
post Mar 20 2013, 06:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(mister_lau @ Mar 20 2013, 05:35 PM)
Cyberview Sdn Bhd. (Cyberview), a Government owned company. Established in October 1996, Cyberview is the landowner of Cyberjaya and has been mandated to spearhead the development in Cyberjaya.

As the landowner of Cyberjaya, Cyberview’s mission is to realize Cyberjaya as a global MSC Malaysia Cybercity hub and the preferred location for ICT, Multimedia and Services for innovation and operations; and to fulfill specific Government initiatives in support of the innovation economy.

Cyberview offers potential investors facilities to suit their business needs, be they incubator centres, single-tenanted or multi-tenanted buildings; and even enterprise land in sizes tailored to requirement.

The Government has also introduced the Industrial Building Allowance (IBA) incentive, which enables building owners in Cyberjaya to recoup their building costs within 10 years of completion.

On top of that, the city features several unique initiatives in addition to ICT, business support services and physical infrastructure that has attracted numerous companies.

The initiatives, introduced by Cyberview Sdn Bhd, include the 24-hour Cyberjaya Dedicated Transportation System (DTS), which is used to ferry in employees living outside Cyberjaya to (and from) work; and is complemented by an intra-city “Park and Ride” free shuttle bus network.

Cyberview also believes in keeping an open, two-way communications with businesses; and has initiated the Outreach Programme with multinational and local corporations to enable parties to express their views and suggestions to make their operations in Cyberjaya remain seamless and efficient.

Setia Haruman Sdn Bhd. (Setia Haruman), is the master developer for Cyberjaya. Setia Haruman is targeting to fully develop the city within 15 years.

Setia Haruman is 75% owned by Emkay Group, with the balance held by UEM Land Bhd. It is entrusted with designing, planning and developing about 2,830ha in Cyberjaya.

Recently (early June 2012), Setia Haruman announce an investment amounting to RM 2.5 billion over the next five years to develop four projects and construct additional infrastructure for the area.

About RM 2.1 billion will be used to develop the projects, while RM 400mil has been allocated for the construction of infrastructure such as roads and drains, water reservoir drainage systems, sewage treatment plants and fibre optic.

Since its launch in 1997 and some RM2 billion in investments, Setia Haruman has successfully developed Cyberjaya as the country’s intelligent city.

Since 2009, other developers like Mah Sing, SP Setia, OSK and Glomac began buying large parcels of land in the area.

In 2010, 82.5 hectares of land in Cyberjaya was for sold for RM 404.3 million.

Last year the sale land tripled to reach RM 1.23 billion for 261.5 hectares, with residential developments leading the chart at RM 612.6 million followed by commercial developments at RM 395 million and enterprise at RM 156.7 million.

Only 53% of land in Cyberjaya is available for sale for use as residential, mixed, institutional, light industry (automotive), enterprise and commercial developments.

The rest of the land is reserved for public amenities, utilities, infrastructure and a green lung.

To date, there are 16 developers building their projects concurrently in Cyberjaya.

The ongoing and upcoming cumulative investments amount to about RM 20.6 billion and are projected to reach RM 52.6 billion by 2016.

Cyberview, Managing Director, Ir. Hafidz Hashim in an interview with The Star in April 2012, revealed that investments in Cyberjaya totalled RM 3.12 billion in 2010, and RM 3.1 billion in 2011.

A total of RM 522.6 million of the investment value in 2011 is generated from enterprise investment while residential investment came up to RM 2.48 billion.

Property prices in Cyberjaya have rose by about 30% over the last two years.

Investors have enjoyed return of over 10%, and retail business is thriving in Cyberjaya today.

He also stated that as December 2011, development in Cyberjaya is 27% complete.

Thirteen percent is still under construction while 31% is still in the planning stages.

Cyberjaya total population is expected to reach 100,000 by 2016 – almost double its current 54,000.

This corresponds with the total property development investments of RM 20 billion in this period alone.

With that, the grand total of investments has reached RM 32.6 billion from all major developers since 1997.

Through careful planning, Cyberjaya is today a true cybercity consisting of business incubators, enterprise development, residential properties, commercial outlets, educational institutions and other public amenities.
a lot of expectation and $$ flowing around, selling land plots to developer building pigeon holes and expect 100,000 population by 2016?

"Only 53% of land in Cyberjaya is available for sale for use as residential, mixed, institutional, light industry (automotive), enterprise and commercial developments." for who? where are the investment in bring in job opportunity and institution of higher learning to bring in another 50,000 population?

Who are the IT, Enterprice MNC? what Automotive Industry and who is coming in?.. great plan but where is the execution?

All I see from the article above is Mah Sing, SP Setia, OSK, Glomac, Emkay and UEM investing a lot in build build build only..
TSaccetera
post Mar 20 2013, 11:14 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

2 universities will open in Cyberjaya this year quoting The Edge.

- University of Malaysia Computer Science and Engineering
- Islamic University Malaysia

A foreign university called Herriott-Watt University Malaysia (from Scotland) is under construction in Putrajaya.

Besides that I think Cyberjaya will have:

- A premium outlet
- Malaysia Design Technology Centre
- Autoville automotive support centre

And a new landmark for Cyberjaya???

user posted image
post Mar 21 2013, 12:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,043 posts

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Mar 20 2013, 06:50 PM)
a lot of expectation and $$ flowing around, selling land plots to developer building pigeon holes and expect 100,000 population by 2016?

"Only 53% of land in Cyberjaya is available for sale for use as residential, mixed, institutional, light industry (automotive), enterprise and commercial developments." for who? where are the investment in bring in job opportunity and institution of higher learning to bring in another 50,000 population?

Who are the IT, Enterprice MNC? what Automotive Industry and who is coming in?.. great plan but where is the execution?

All I see from the article above is Mah Sing, SP Setia, OSK, Glomac, Emkay and UEM investing a lot in build build build only..
+1 but I hope u are wrong tongue.gif

minki
post Mar 21 2013, 10:14 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(mister_lau @ Mar 19 2013, 01:47 PM)
Still waiting for bank to call me but the SA told me BLR-2.4. I think it depends on the loan amount.
Mind to share which bank & contact person?
mister_lau
post Mar 22 2013, 08:24 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(minki @ Mar 21 2013, 10:14 PM)
Mind to share which bank & contact person?
I understand that the developer is still in the midst of appointing their panel banks.
minki
post Mar 26 2013, 08:12 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(mister_lau @ Mar 22 2013, 08:24 AM)
I understand that the developer is still in the midst of appointing their panel banks.
Developer provided a list of panel banks with contact person.
Wonder if i use the same bank but different contact person would also entitle free SPA & Loan Legal fee.

Some say must apply via the contact person provided, some say same bank will do...... rclxub.gif
mister_lau
post Mar 26 2013, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(minki @ Mar 26 2013, 08:12 AM)
Developer provided a list of panel banks with contact person.
Wonder if i use the same bank but different contact person would also entitle free SPA & Loan Legal fee.

Some say must apply via the contact person provided, some say same bank will do...... rclxub.gif
I haven't get any further info from my SA. Mind to share which are the panel banks?
minki
post Mar 27 2013, 01:41 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(mister_lau @ Mar 26 2013, 09:59 AM)
I haven't get any further info from my SA. Mind to share which are the panel banks?
MBB, AMbank & UOB.
hkl43
post Mar 27 2013, 05:16 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(cheraspeople @ Mar 20 2013, 04:55 PM)
me too working in CBJ about 8 years now and really do not see the demand of SOHO or Studio. I am very sure it will be super super over supply.
Silk Residence is still a good choice for u ..
cheraspeople
post Mar 28 2013, 10:38 AM

Enthusiast
756 posts

QUOTE(hkl43 @ Mar 27 2013, 05:16 PM)
Not really. Can't say good because it is hard to give >80K profit in 3 years time sad.gif
TSaccetera
post Mar 28 2013, 10:21 PM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

QUOTE(hkl43 @ Mar 27 2013, 05:16 PM)
I think Cyber workers would rather live in Cyber in the future if more happening.
Sphenix
post Mar 29 2013, 10:31 AM

Hired........
3,705 posts

just got call from UOB and Maybank, but ambank haven't call me yet....

-BLR:
UOB > Maybank
mister_lau
post Mar 29 2013, 12:20 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(Sphenix @ Mar 29 2013, 10:31 AM)
just got call from UOB and Maybank, but ambank haven't call me yet....

-BLR:
UOB > Maybank
How much is UOB?
DrPitchard
post Mar 29 2013, 02:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,011 posts

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Mar 20 2013, 05:14 PM)
I have been here since 2001 till today... I dont see how the Cyberjaya can rapidly grow to fill in the 10,000 pigeon plus 10,000 more 2 or 3 bedders apartment in 3 years.. in total there are potentially 20,000 units in 3 years time.. Existing there are already 4,000 units of Condo, apartments and Townhouse

There are around 50,000 population in Cyber now, 1/3 of Cyber population are students and 2/3 are working adults.. I really want to see how Cyberjaya can bring in 100,000 population in next 3 years.. What other MNC coming in? (I mean those really big ones).. How many Uni/College gonna setup here? how many students coming in? any announcement of next catalyst in Cyberjaya?

Government all eye Iskandar, TRX, International Financial Center, Satu Malaysia... When was the last time they talk about bringing big investment into Cyberjaya other than selling land plots to developer and build build build?
I do see where you are coming from and what your concern is....and given the fact that you have been staying there for a good 10 years+ really means that your view covers a lot of depth.

At the same time, it is also clear that the city (Klang Valley) is expanding and people are now staying further and further away. Not because they want to, but simply because they don't have much choice. From central PJ, KL, USJ and the likes of it (pre year 2000) to areas like Rawang, Kajang, Sg Long, Sg Buloh, Bangi in the past few years. New developments are coming up but further and further away from the heart of KL city centre. Public transportation (MRT, LRT) has also been extended to reach these places.

Seremban 2, Seremban 3, Nilai....all this areas are now seeing massive development and population is growing steadily.

And it won't be too long before Cyberjaya is breached and the population surpasses the critical level, and that's where the sudden boom comes in. Equilibrium will take place naturally (if areas nearer to KL gets more and more densed, people will slowly, over a period of time, migrate to other less densed areas).

KLIA2 will be coming up soon, mid of this year. That itself will pull more people closer to it, be it Cyberjaya, Sepang or any other city near to it.
aaronpang
post Mar 29 2013, 03:09 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

Cyberjaya reminds me of the days when nobody wanted to live in Puchong.

Puchong LDP was just 2 lanes + IOI mall for weekend shopping and entertainment.

Got my house in 2007 after renting for so long, see old posting here https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/385900

Made the right choice to back then because at current prices I cannot afford to buy the same house sweat.gif

Cyberjaya is the same, its boring, faraway and ulu.

While investors are fighting over mature townships and inflated prices, I'm scouting Cyberjaya and nearby Dengkil icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway that's my dua sen and reasoning!

This post has been edited by aaronpang: Mar 29 2013, 03:12 PM

25 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0299sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:01 PM