Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> CYBERSQUARE @ CYBERJAYA [OWNERS' THREAD], Welcome to the City Centre of Cyberjaya Investment

views

twincharger07
post Mar 18 2013, 01:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(seanooi880327 @ Mar 17 2013, 11:47 PM)
Almost fully booked for all 4 blocks........
so geng? i thought it has 1424 units?
twincharger07
post Mar 20 2013, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(mister_lau @ Mar 20 2013, 02:15 PM)
I have been working in Cyberjaya for the past 8 years and suddenly see a rapid development these few years. Not too worry about oversupply as this township has a lot of potentials to grow, imho.
I have been here since 2001 till today... I dont see how the Cyberjaya can rapidly grow to fill in the 10,000 pigeon plus 10,000 more 2 or 3 bedders apartment in 3 years.. in total there are potentially 20,000 units in 3 years time.. Existing there are already 4,000 units of Condo, apartments and Townhouse

There are around 50,000 population in Cyber now, 1/3 of Cyber population are students and 2/3 are working adults.. I really want to see how Cyberjaya can bring in 100,000 population in next 3 years.. What other MNC coming in? (I mean those really big ones).. How many Uni/College gonna setup here? how many students coming in? any announcement of next catalyst in Cyberjaya?

Government all eye Iskandar, TRX, International Financial Center, Satu Malaysia... When was the last time they talk about bringing big investment into Cyberjaya other than selling land plots to developer and build build build?

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Mar 20 2013, 05:22 PM
twincharger07
post Mar 20 2013, 06:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(mister_lau @ Mar 20 2013, 05:35 PM)
Cyberview Sdn Bhd. (Cyberview), a Government owned company. Established in October 1996, Cyberview is the landowner of Cyberjaya and has been mandated to spearhead the development in Cyberjaya.

As the landowner of Cyberjaya, Cyberview’s mission is to realize Cyberjaya as a global MSC Malaysia Cybercity hub and the preferred location for ICT, Multimedia and Services for innovation and operations; and to fulfill specific Government initiatives in support of the innovation economy.

Cyberview offers potential investors facilities to suit their business needs, be they incubator centres, single-tenanted or multi-tenanted buildings; and even enterprise land in sizes tailored to requirement.

The Government has also introduced the Industrial Building Allowance (IBA) incentive, which enables building owners in Cyberjaya to recoup their building costs within 10 years of completion.

On top of that, the city features several unique initiatives in addition to ICT, business support services and physical infrastructure that has attracted numerous companies.

The initiatives, introduced by Cyberview Sdn Bhd, include the 24-hour Cyberjaya Dedicated Transportation System (DTS), which is used to ferry in employees living outside Cyberjaya to (and from) work; and is complemented by an intra-city “Park and Ride” free shuttle bus network.

Cyberview also believes in keeping an open, two-way communications with businesses; and has initiated the Outreach Programme with multinational and local corporations to enable parties to express their views and suggestions to make their operations in Cyberjaya remain seamless and efficient.

Setia Haruman Sdn Bhd. (Setia Haruman), is the master developer for Cyberjaya. Setia Haruman is targeting to fully develop the city within 15 years.

Setia Haruman is 75% owned by Emkay Group, with the balance held by UEM Land Bhd. It is entrusted with designing, planning and developing about 2,830ha in Cyberjaya.

Recently (early June 2012), Setia Haruman announce an investment amounting to RM 2.5 billion over the next five years to develop four projects and construct additional infrastructure for the area.

About RM 2.1 billion will be used to develop the projects, while RM 400mil has been allocated for the construction of infrastructure such as roads and drains, water reservoir drainage systems, sewage treatment plants and fibre optic.

Since its launch in 1997 and some RM2 billion in investments, Setia Haruman has successfully developed Cyberjaya as the country’s intelligent city.

Since 2009, other developers like Mah Sing, SP Setia, OSK and Glomac began buying large parcels of land in the area.

In 2010, 82.5 hectares of land in Cyberjaya was for sold for RM 404.3 million.

Last year the sale land tripled to reach RM 1.23 billion for 261.5 hectares, with residential developments leading the chart at RM 612.6 million followed by commercial developments at RM 395 million and enterprise at RM 156.7 million.

Only 53% of land in Cyberjaya is available for sale for use as residential, mixed, institutional, light industry (automotive), enterprise and commercial developments.

The rest of the land is reserved for public amenities, utilities, infrastructure and a green lung.

To date, there are 16 developers building their projects concurrently in Cyberjaya.

The ongoing and upcoming cumulative investments amount to about RM 20.6 billion and are projected to reach RM 52.6 billion by 2016.

Cyberview, Managing Director, Ir. Hafidz Hashim in an interview with The Star in April 2012, revealed that investments in Cyberjaya totalled RM 3.12 billion in 2010, and RM 3.1 billion in 2011.

A total of RM 522.6 million of the investment value in 2011 is generated from enterprise investment while residential investment came up to RM 2.48 billion.

Property prices in Cyberjaya have rose by about 30% over the last two years.

Investors have enjoyed return of over 10%, and retail business is thriving in Cyberjaya today.

He also stated that as December 2011, development in Cyberjaya is 27% complete.

Thirteen percent is still under construction while 31% is still in the planning stages.

Cyberjaya total population is expected to reach 100,000 by 2016 – almost double its current 54,000.

This corresponds with the total property development investments of RM 20 billion in this period alone.

With that, the grand total of investments has reached RM 32.6 billion from all major developers since 1997.

Through careful planning, Cyberjaya is today a true cybercity consisting of business incubators, enterprise development, residential properties, commercial outlets, educational institutions and other public amenities.
a lot of expectation and $$ flowing around, selling land plots to developer building pigeon holes and expect 100,000 population by 2016?

"Only 53% of land in Cyberjaya is available for sale for use as residential, mixed, institutional, light industry (automotive), enterprise and commercial developments." for who? where are the investment in bring in job opportunity and institution of higher learning to bring in another 50,000 population?

Who are the IT, Enterprice MNC? what Automotive Industry and who is coming in?.. great plan but where is the execution?

All I see from the article above is Mah Sing, SP Setia, OSK, Glomac, Emkay and UEM investing a lot in build build build only..
twincharger07
post Mar 30 2013, 12:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(DrPitchard @ Mar 29 2013, 02:26 PM)
I do see where you are coming from and what your concern is....and given the fact that you have been staying there for a good 10 years+ really means that your view covers a lot of depth.

At the same time, it is also clear that the city (Klang Valley) is expanding and people are now staying further and further away. Not because they want to, but simply because they don't have much choice. From central PJ, KL, USJ and the likes of it (pre year 2000) to areas like Rawang, Kajang, Sg Long, Sg Buloh, Bangi in the past few years. New developments are coming up but further and further away from the heart of KL city centre. Public transportation (MRT, LRT) has also been extended to reach these places.

Seremban 2, Seremban 3, Nilai....all this areas are now seeing massive development and population is growing steadily.

And it won't be too long before Cyberjaya is breached and the population surpasses the critical level, and that's where the sudden boom comes in. Equilibrium will take place naturally (if areas nearer to KL gets more and more densed, people will slowly, over a period of time, migrate to other less densed areas).

KLIA2 will be coming up soon, mid of this year. That itself will pull more people closer to it, be it Cyberjaya, Sepang or any other city near to it.
i do see where you are coming from as well.. Ppl come to Places like rawang, kajang, bangi, seremban for big n affordable houses, but the pricing of cyberjaya for the same build up has breached even puchong n subang pricing.. something we need to understand y ppl r traveling far for houses, wat is their reason.. something hav to b considered as well.. i m living in one of the far suburbs u mention..

cheers
twincharger07
post Mar 30 2013, 01:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(DrPitchard @ Mar 30 2013, 09:07 AM)
Cyberjaya is a new, planned, township...and with that, I think will be an important deciding factor too, besides its amenities and all the MNC, universities and local corporations.
To be honest, I would seriously consider living in Cyberjaya in the near future if I can get a nice landed property. Not planning to work in Cyberjaya, but still commute to work (KL city centre) on a daily basis. I currently stay along Jalan Puchong/Old Klang Road and spend just as much time to get to work as compared to travelling to KL city centre from Cyberjaya on MEX.

The landed projects that they have there are out of my reach at this moment, but given the environment and the build quality, I would say its reasonable.

Jalan Puchong is suicide at the moment...40 minutes just to hit Federal Highway/Mid Valley intersection.
Anybody property...? :-)
Good for you!!!!!
Lets not go too far about Landed props in Cyber, lets talk about studio and SOHO.. like cybersquare.. does that translate to the same theory as the landed prop in cyber?

I disregard landed prop in my argument as I observed Malaysian behavior, ppl are willing travel far for landed prop.. this give birth to far surburbs like Setia Alam, Kota Kemuning and many more.. But will ppl travel far for a SA, SOHO and studio? (since we are talking about cybersquare here)

The argument IMHO is that, are the TYPE of prop supply meeting the demand of the public? Ppl usually travel far for getting big and affordable houses.. IMHO, studio and SOHO works better in CBD like KL, PJ and some part of Subang where commercial vibrancy is high..

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Mar 30 2013, 01:35 PM
twincharger07
post Apr 2 2013, 09:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Apr 2 2013, 11:05 AM)
My view is the recent developments in Cyberjaya are geared towards convincing white collars working in Cyberjaya to also stay in Cyberjaya.

Versus to attracting suburbanites to live in Cyberjaya and commute to KL and PJ for work.
I also though of the same thing...

more affordable?
Yes how many in 20s to 30s can pay RM800k for landed  unsure.gif

more profit for developer?
Selling at future pricing is justified, developers will factor DIBS into selling price  sad.gif

more suit the market of CBJ?
Likely young and single can adapt to SOHO living.

more demand to this property product?
I think so since landed is super expensive.

will the high demand become high risk due to high supply of the same product ? lets see after 3-4 years.
Yup the risk is there if developers cant convince people to live in Cyberjaya.  hmm.gif
I am wondering.. how many white color can afford to to rent 1.2k rental for Soho? Junior exec? 1/3 of salary goes to rental? .... den Senior exec? likely they are married with family.. den Expats? those expats with family prefer bigger units.. so single expat? how many single expats in cyber? 5000 of them in Cyber?
when u say supply n demand, did anyone study which segment is the target audience?

only rich international student can afford la.. bare in mind likely 10,000 pigeon will b completed in cyber.. 28,000 highrise units mixture of big n small are confirmed in progress..

landed expensive, yes.. there affordable in other suburbs in the range of 500k.. if its still unaffordable, there r still affordable highrise with 2 to 3 rooms .. takkan buy Studio or soho if you wanna set up family..

most couple buy their 1st home just before or after marriage, they wanna share the loan commitment n wanna setup family as well.. this likely to b the trend in the future.. den buy studio n soho bcos of affordability??

if you want to know hows the responds of pigeon hole in KV, take a look at the take up rate aroung PJ n Subang, these 2 are proven commercial vibrant area, but the amount of new pigeon hole supply cannot compete with Cyberjaya...

The ratio of pigeon hole units to mass market units likely to be 1to3 or 1to4... by far the highest ratio in KV..
hope for the best.. cheers..

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Apr 2 2013, 09:40 PM
twincharger07
post Apr 3 2013, 08:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Apr 3 2013, 06:03 PM)
Hi twincharger07 you've raised some good points. Definitely wont consider expats, too niche for me.

Here's my thoughts on target market, please do comment and share your opinions.

Junior execs within salary range and age. RM6k gross + late 20s early 30s.

After reviewing property prices, concluded first-time house buyer have to begin at "what used to be the high end RM500k".

Anything around RM500k is considered affordable sad.gif these days.

House Cost (RM):  RM500k   
Monthly Income (RM): RM5000 nett
Loan tenure (Years): 30
Interest Rate (% pa): 5

Monthly Repayment (RM): RM2416 
Maximum Monthly Repayment (RM) RM2000

Young working adults will not be able to afford to buy anything big or landed.

Back to junior executives market, can be broken down into 2 segments:-

1) Married
* Prefer landed or large condo's. More than 1000sf2 (like the Zest Bukit Jalil or Kota Kemuning)
* Many are DINK's tongue.gif

2) Single (my target market)
* Most staying with parents and relatives.
* Renters are usually from out of state.
* Majority don't own property or can’t qualify for loans.

It's rather bleak view for younger generation, forced to purchase/rent smaller condo's or live far away.

Alternatively current prices are unsustainable and prices will have correction. 
Yup if its 1000ft or more would have been ideal. The biggest unit Cybersquare offers is 775ft + 2 parking.

Hoping good location supported by amenities and facilities will make up for the smaller foot-print.

I haven't signed the dotted line, can still walk away.
Junior Exec 6k? how many junior Exec 6k we hav in Cyber, 5,000 of them?

the reason y MNC setup branch in msia is bcos we r somehow competence, language, n most important cost effective (aka cheap labour),, 6k junior exec is way too too optimistic,, i worked in cyber, stay here study here since 2001,, work in curtent MNC for many years,, Junior exec getting 6k is very very rare,,, Most senior exec getting 6k n above either married or getting married in near future,,,
twincharger07
post Apr 3 2013, 08:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Apr 3 2013, 06:03 PM)
Hi twincharger07 you've raised some good points. Definitely wont consider expats, too niche for me.

Here's my thoughts on target market, please do comment and share your opinions.

Junior execs within salary range and age. RM6k gross + late 20s early 30s.

After reviewing property prices, concluded first-time house buyer have to begin at "what used to be the high end RM500k".

Anything around RM500k is considered affordable sad.gif these days.

House Cost (RM):  RM500k   
Monthly Income (RM): RM5000 nett
Loan tenure (Years): 30
Interest Rate (% pa): 5

Monthly Repayment (RM): RM2416 
Maximum Monthly Repayment (RM) RM2000

Young working adults will not be able to afford to buy anything big or landed.

Back to junior executives market, can be broken down into 2 segments:-

1) Married
* Prefer landed or large condo's. More than 1000sf2 (like the Zest Bukit Jalil or Kota Kemuning)
* Many are DINK's tongue.gif

2) Single (my target market)
* Most staying with parents and relatives.
* Renters are usually from out of state.
* Majority don't own property or can’t qualify for loans.

It's rather bleak view for younger generation, forced to purchase/rent smaller condo's or live far away.

Alternatively current prices are unsustainable and prices will have correction. 
Yup if its 1000ft or more would have been ideal. The biggest unit Cybersquare offers is 775ft + 2 parking.

Hoping good location supported by amenities and facilities will make up for the smaller foot-print.

I haven't signed the dotted line, can still walk away.
Junior Exec 6k? how many junior Exec 6k we hav in Cyber, 5,000 of them?

the reason y MNC setup branch in msia is bcos we r somehow competence, language, n most important cost effective (aka cheap labour),, 6k junior exec is way too too optimistic,, i worked in cyber, stay here study here since 2001,, work in curtent MNC for many years,, Junior exec getting 6k is very very rare,,, Most senior exec getting 6k n above either married or getting married in near future,,,
twincharger07
post Apr 4 2013, 08:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Apr 4 2013, 06:02 PM)
With higher than average income, many still won't be financially ready/qualified to buy a house.

The optimistic income serves to highlight that disparity cry.gif

Current house prices are out of step with income, hence SOHO/renting will be viable alternative(s).

Demographics 65.4% of Malaysia's population are between 15–64 years old

Estimated Cyberjaya population: 52,000
Population aged 15-64 years old: 34,112
Assuming 1/4 are 20s early 30s: 8,528

So far income and population numbers seem favorable.

The only big "?" what will Cyberjaya's commercial side, i.e: supermarkets, shops, theaters be like in 3-4 years time.

Taking conservative and a long term view of Cyberjaya.

Wost case I move into Cybersquare and rent my double story house in Puchong.

Can walk to office its just across the road  laugh.gif

Sharing an interesting article worth reading:-
http://www.starproperty.my/index.php/artic...roperty-prices/
http://www.statistics.gov.my/portal/index....content&id=1215
those stats we hav seen over and over again..
but the question is, are the property type meeting the actual demand..

this is always wat i heard from investors "if kenot rent/sell, i stay myself", compromising ourselves staying in bcos no demand..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:50 PM