Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Turtles, Terrapins and Tortoises V6, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

views

Mr.Docter
post Jan 28 2013, 11:42 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Jan 28 2013, 05:45 PM)
Those in the totally protected list - did anyone who had declared in the grace period got their license ?

I know a few here declared their Radiated !! No-one updated

Cheers
Contacted an authority but they seems not taken me seriously.

I'd plan to have a proper legal paper since I am planning to life together for a long time with my tortoise...
Mr.Docter
post Feb 21 2013, 03:04 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(Dagashi @ Feb 19 2013, 02:37 PM)
Our torts are captive bred from one of the members here at LYN. she so kindly sold us her babies. Then she regret! haha and wants them back. Btu we love them alot and don't plan to give them back.

They are indian stars. the other is an african sulcata.

The size of our tank was specially made in Aman Suria. It's an aquarium shop that custom makes tanks. Total cost is about RM150. Size is special I think approx 4 feet x 1.5 feet. It was built custom to suit the cupboard. We hang a heat lamp from the top and clip on a UV supplement lamp on the side.

Artificial plants were bought from Mydin. If I'm not mistaken they are ferns. Stuck on with the silicon glue. If you shop in Mydin near kota raya they have tons of fake plants which are super cheap.

We created little grass banks to "break" apart the vast space as well. Makes the tank seem larger for them and can hide more. Bought the grass from Mydin also.  then made some cement and stuck the grass in. We hope it gives them a more outdoor feel.

AFter experimenting with many many many substrate... We had woodchip (lasts the longest), to coco coir, to forest moss..and plastic mat, we found that most easiest to clean and maintain is newspaper. lol.

Woodchip when they were younger.. we only changed once in 3 months. Woodchip we stopped cause scared it was not stable enough for them. They walked around very unsteady.

Coco coir and forest moss we change every month. but casue of our weather and humidity.. got fungus growth and became very gross. Got bugs also.

Newspaper we change every other week (fortnightly) or when required. which is more hygenic. The only sad thing for them is that they don't get to burrow much anymore. and when they do they mess up all the newspapers.
Hey, I just liked your Facebook Page and really amazed with your setup. Man, that is sweet home for them. I am very keen in following your tortoise's updates!

Anyway, I just brought a turtle bale for my little Egyptian and he seems loving it so much. Previously I though using soil (the one that almost same with on the dessert) is better for him, but he always look distress and finding a spot to hide. So a slight thick turtle bale make him able to hid himself and making him feels secure, it seems smile.gif
Mr.Docter
post Apr 20 2013, 04:33 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Apr 6 2013, 04:40 AM)
Thanks for the pictures - i am 100% your big one is a girl and is almost ready for breeding ( usually first start to drop egg 7-8" )

While the smaller one which looks like a girl COULD be Male ( longer tail - boy like )  !! The plastron opening where the tail is has lost its ( inverted V ) BUT the plastron is quite flat( girl like ) ??? So i only dare sex it 60 % boy - do monitor its behaviour over the next couple of months ( if it is a boy he will or should have start ramming the girl )

In indian star tortoise world girl (10-13" or more ) will grow up bigger than Boy ( 8-9" max )

Cheers
Sifu,

Does it even possible for cross breeding between species? It is next to impossible to find Egyptian tortoise currently, and I am very sad if my tortoise have to life alone without a life partner sad.gif
Mr.Docter
post Apr 24 2013, 07:03 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Apr 24 2013, 06:49 PM)
A local sp that need to be mention more !!

[attachmentid=3408231]

Cheers
What is the name of this species?
Mr.Docter
post May 1 2013, 04:29 AM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Apr 28 2013, 07:35 AM)
[attachmentid=3414262]
Just out , Enjoy
I am so envy seeing newly hatch tortoise sad.gif

How long is the whole process from laying down eggs till it hatch takes, boss?
Mr.Docter
post May 16 2013, 04:32 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

I start to fall in love with all the pictures of AST that our forumer posted. Thinking of getting one, but I can forsee a next world war with my life partner later! sweat.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 18 2013, 09:43 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 17 2013, 03:40 PM)
http://www.adpost.com/my/pets/75562/

user posted image

What do you all think about these 2 Aldabra offered at RM 7000 each in Adpost ?

This thread is warming up again ?

Cheers
Wow may I know why its so expensive? ohmy.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 19 2013, 05:54 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(mic_tcs @ May 19 2013, 10:20 AM)
For me, 7k for aldabra is the cheapest that I saw in the web based forum, sales thread..
Oh I see. The potential size that can be achieve by this species is too magnificient!

I don't think as a average/normal fan of tortoise like me afford to pet this species, because I don't know if my son and grandsons have the same interest toward this animal or not laugh.gif 200 years of lifespan wor, about 3-4 generation.
Mr.Docter
post May 21 2013, 04:44 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(kazuya90 @ May 21 2013, 10:22 AM)
Today just bought these 4 poor tortoises from the market.... i know that the 2 small one are the malay box... how about the big one ?? can anyone help me identify the species ?? Tomorrow gonna release those poor things into the wild....

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Woa how much for all 4?

Not intended to pet them? laugh.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 25 2013, 05:21 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 25 2013, 09:03 AM)
[attachmentid=3455112]

Mine can balance on one !!
QUOTE(tunafish @ May 25 2013, 10:51 AM)
LOL, your tortoise trying to do the 45 degree lean of Michael Jackson!!
user posted image
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 27 2013, 10:43 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 27 2013, 03:21 PM)
Soak till soft will be easier for the small turtle to eat !!

Cheers
Yes, this is exactly what I do.

I too often feeding them by hand (BM-suap?), till it become lazy to eat it from his plate doh.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 01:46 AM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 29 2013, 08:04 PM)
[attachmentid=3462141]

Some of the other sp ( all hatch out 2013) I am talking about , other older one ( theres sulcata , Leopard and ......... ) i left out due to them being much more active and bigger ( that black one is v active thus blury in picture )

Cheers
Seriously, how many tortoises do you have? rclxms.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 01:07 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 30 2013, 05:31 AM)
Just hatchlings ? Can ballon to over a few hundred per season if i dont sell !!

Adult , i dont dare to count !!

Mrs will kill me if she knows how many i have !!

Cheers
LOL hahaha laugh.gif

You sell officially like distributor or simply sell only boss? Because I don't see you selling here, but with that quantity you said, it wouldn't be a shock if you are distributor biggrin.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 01:40 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 30 2013, 01:37 PM)
I am just a backyard breeder who do " cash and carry " only .
Who-ever( those that i know ) willing to come pick up i may sell - my sending limited to within Sabah only ( for fear my animals will suffer in transit )

Some i only offer local as imports are common ie sulcata , footed !! Some i offer out as none or limited produced oversea - Impressa , burmese star .... !!
I dont sell here ie "LYN " because i wont sent and i bet not many willing to come pick up Borneo !!

BUT my babies are all over - who knows maybe some pets of yours are bred by me !!

Cheers
Dang, U in Borneo?

Too far rclxub.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 02:00 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 30 2013, 01:58 PM)
See !! Most of the time thats the reply i get , even thou i did not officialy advertised !!

Sometime i sell just to spare some space for newly hatch - just like last year end of season ,  i sold a lot of 10 for RM 2000 only - theres a Forstenii , a leopard , 2 Cherry head , 3 sulcata and the rest Elongata !!
Cheers
Its because people feel confident with you, because you know what you talking about from your vast experience thumbup.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 02:29 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(mozambique @ May 30 2013, 02:23 PM)
Guess quite a number of us in this forum is having a real hard time trying to "balance"..  tongue.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
Same here! tongue.gif

Currently on negotiation to own a AST tongue.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 02:41 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(mozambique @ May 30 2013, 02:40 PM)
I'm getting my 3rd star this weekend. And believe me.. you won't want to go through what I'm going through right now..  blink.gif
laugh.gif

I will take my chances laugh.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 02:51 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(mozambique @ May 30 2013, 02:42 PM)
Hi Sifu,

A silly question:

Let's say I am willing to travel to East Malaysia to buy from you, how can I get it back to West Malaysia for restricted species?  rclxub.gif
Bulk pls. Super duper interested biggrin.gif
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 03:40 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 30 2013, 03:38 PM)
AST - how big ? I sold a lot over to your side ( i believe KL or Johore , I never ask ) hatchlings of about mth old early this year before CNY !!

Cheers
Don't found yet. I am targeting the smallest size though.

Any approximate price range for this species, sifu?
Mr.Docter
post May 30 2013, 04:21 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ May 30 2013, 03:42 PM)
Ya , most if not all sp are breedable right here !! I dont have all sp of tortoise so cant say all , can only say all sp that I have breeding adults i have bred before !!

Cheers
Can you share with us the setting for your tortoise or their housing?

Would really love to use your setting as example smile.gif

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0412sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 PM