Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PAVILION HILLTOP MONT'KIARA, Pavilion is coming to Mont Kiara (Investment)

accetera
post Jan 31 2013, 11:19 PM

Ambassador of Housing
Group: Senior Member

Go to SENI... next to it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
airline
post Feb 1 2013, 01:08 AM

7 stars

Next to seni is highway

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
accetera
post Mar 26 2013, 01:03 PM

Ambassador of Housing

By: http://behance.net

user posted image

user posted image

+Quote Post
Happyman
post Mar 31 2013, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Datuk Desmond Lim said price from 800psf onwards. A booster to kiaraville and Tiffani which being transacted at 600-650psf.
+Quote Post
EnergyAnalyst
post Apr 1 2013, 09:27 AM

Enthusiast

malton is the developer, right? if so, I will worry, after their legal tussle ho hup settle our of court (http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/7/4/business/11600790), now still have this legal tussle not solved

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...96&sec=business

Also, heard they are not so ggod developer, any comments?
+Quote Post
almaine
post Apr 3 2013, 07:26 PM

Getting Started

called the sales office today.....told its around 850-900 psf. They say only 3 towers of residential.

What bout the shopping mall and hotel? Are they going to build there as well?
+Quote Post
hunterlim
post Apr 3 2013, 11:06 PM

Getting Started

Desmond Lim is smart in branding, over the years he carefully crafting Pavilion brand, by leveraging itself with super luxury brand like LV, Hermes via his retail section, in property section he is leveraging on the brand like Banyan Tree where 2 to 3K psf residence were fully sold, next, Pavillion is going to link itself with Harrods Hotel the first 7 stars and first Harrod's Hotel in the world, I will not be surprised if the price start at 5k psf. Pavilion brand is synonym with Luxury brand and is ready to go by its own so moving forward distant future they are going to launch Pavilion Couture Suites that will sell at at 3 k psf. It is safe to say Pavilion brand units nodemand at least 3k psf do you think Pavilion Mont Kiara will be sold below Sunrise price? In matter of fact price is very likely to touch more than 1k psf for smaller unit once the show unit and official launch begins.
+Quote Post
B.Angela
post Apr 4 2013, 07:29 AM

Getting Started

Why would Pavilion choose Mont Kiara? Why not some other place and why not Sunrise charge higher?
+Quote Post
hunterlim
post Apr 4 2013, 08:01 AM

Getting Started

Well Angela , the land plot actually belongs to Malton Bhd which is controlled by Desmond Lim... hopefully that explains it

On your second questions: Sunrise would very much like to charge higher price for their condo but they know Sunrise brand lack the X-factor which is the super luxury consumer/investor perception on thier brand. You can see that their mall in MK lack of Super Luxury brand like Hermes and LV,, this is because Sunrise brands lack the pull-in factor for super luxury items... this is what whole Mont Kiara is lacking now, living is a posh area like Mont Kiara just doesn't make sense that the mall lack of luxury items.

This is "shortcomings" of Mont Kiara mall. Sunrise know this that is why they pull in Foster & Partner for their Acoris apartment, but still reputable Foster Norman is architecture firm and having the building built by Foster is not enough to pull in the super luxury items. Sunrise got a lot of homework to do on this if they want to bring their property value up.

On the other hand Pavilion is the master of this craft, they are the champion in Malaysia of bringing the super Luxury Brands under one roof and this is the X-factor that Mont Kiara is looking for…. The Pavilion Hilltop is only for residence but depending on the response from the market Pavilion may expand their wings in Mont Kiara… my wish list is that they take over the Solaris Mont Kiara or Plaza Mont Kiara and re-renovated and bring in the super luxury brand (like they did for Farenheit 88) , this is the X-factor for Mont Kiara and I will not be surprised that Mont Kiara price will the the roof.

+Quote Post
tat3179
post Apr 4 2013, 08:06 AM

Regular

Good luck finding tenants...
+Quote Post
hunterlim
post Apr 4 2013, 09:08 AM

Getting Started

tat3179...no to flaunt or anything but stake make my case.. I am multiple owner of Mk and all my units are rented out within 1 to 2 months, perhaps it's the size and development i choose, compare to other development outisde Mont Kiara, many suburbs area is asking close to MK price and personally I like mont Kiara very much because I rcv a higher rental yield with quality tenants and if the market crashed I can still move my extended family to stay here, I think the place is second to none in Malaysia. The only problem for me now is seeing other places rise in price, being such a nice place MK suppose to break 1K psf long time ago, as an investor , i could not help but try to find the reason why, perhaps MK is like Malaysia falling into "middle income trap" while watching all its neighbours catching up, so the only thing I think is missing is moving up the value chain by going for "super luxury" developments which is lacking in this area with this it will unlock the real value of mont kiara. Perhaps by Pavilion is the answer we are seekimg for.
+Quote Post
B.Angela
post Apr 4 2013, 09:30 AM

Getting Started

Hunterlim I think your explain make sen$e, think of it y not Sunrise joint partner with Paviion to develop the area like you say let Pav buy Solaris and turn it into luxury mall and with the last empty plot at least Sunrise can sell it at higher price, a win-win situation rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
hunterlim
post Apr 4 2013, 09:56 AM

Getting Started

Angela.. roping in super luxury brand or even a luxury brand is not easy, ask One Mont Kiara mall, even Li Kashing's name could not rope in 1 luxury brand in that mall, it is a delicate task, LV and Hermes will not just come in like that, need a lot of persuasion, most mall need to beg them to come in with lots of perks , Pavilion has done that very well, there are more than 300 brands in the waiting list try go into Pavilion mall. One more thing that Desmond is very close to the Qatar Group he can easily rope in luxury brand like Harrods to MK if he wants and with his REIT listing, Pavilion need to look for next growth factor other than the traditoonal golden traingle area to satisfied the investor appetite for thier REIT so underperforming MK malls could be a good target.
+Quote Post
audionutter
post Apr 4 2013, 10:06 AM

Getting Started

Maybe we are overlooking the one basic fact here? All the talk about pulling in super luxury brands and so on......perhaps the reason is Mont Kiara is simply too congested and over built and thats why people not wanting to stay there and so the selling price is not going up? Rental is a different matter but selling? The place must appeal to the buyers......
+Quote Post
EnergyAnalyst
post Apr 4 2013, 10:09 AM

Enthusiast

i beg to disagree the success of Pavillion KL can be replicated in MK. due to one big missing factor. The filthy rich middle eastern tourists that comes in flocks and shopped and dined like kings.

MK is a neighbourhood of mid to high income expatriate (japanese, Korean, some European , some mid eastern and many many locals whose idea of shopping will never match those middle eastern TOURIST.

+Quote Post
hunterlim
post Apr 4 2013, 10:17 AM

Getting Started

Audio nutter..........I beg to differ , talking about road congestion, look at Pavillion KL and golden triangle what can be worse than that...also try to find a parking spot another problem but people are flocking there like bees biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
zuiko407
post Apr 4 2013, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(audionutter @ Apr 4 2013, 10:06 AM)
Maybe we are overlooking the one basic fact here? All the talk about pulling in super luxury brands and so on......perhaps the reason is Mont Kiara is simply too congested and over built and thats why people not wanting to stay there and so the selling price is not going up? Rental is a different matter but selling? The place must appeal to the buyers......
The main reason price hardly going up in mont kiara is bcos the area still keep on developing, more and more coming launch before the existing units been digest, unlike bangsar, price sustainable at 1k psf
+Quote Post
hunterlim
post Apr 4 2013, 10:28 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zuiko407 @ Apr 4 2013, 10:18 AM)
The main reason price hardly going up in mont kiara is bcos the area still keep on developing, more and more coming launch before the existing units been digest, unlike bangsar, price sustainable at 1k psf
I agree to some extent , but by developing the new place this is how price can go up more unless there is no new development price and they could only depend on resale market, having said that demand and supply play a big factor as well.

MK is already a mature area very much like bangsar , there must be a reason why Mont Kiara price did not go up, talking about over supply, KL triangle area is having the same problem but price is going up now beyond 3k psf... the answer is very possibly the Luxury factor.... and this is the appetite of HNWI, to some extend we could not understand.
+Quote Post
zuiko407
post Apr 4 2013, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Apr 4 2013, 10:09 AM)
i beg to disagree the success of Pavillion KL can be replicated in MK. due to one big missing factor. The filthy rich middle eastern tourists that comes in flocks and shopped and dined like kings.

MK is a neighbourhood of mid to high income expatriate (japanese, Korean, some European , some mid eastern and many many locals whose idea of shopping will never match those middle eastern TOURIST.
I have to agree on this, pavillion KL is in city centre and in a very strategic location, I don't think residence of mont Kiara need more shopping mall, this area used to be a greenery, quiet and peaceful for residential, As a residence here, i think the existing commercial like one mont, MK plaza, Solaris MK and publika is more than enough, don't forget the coming arcoris and 163, traffic will be very bad at Jln Kiara.
Duta land and coming pavillion area supposed to build super link to avoid the congestion and develop a better living environment, but developers more concern about their profit margin
+Quote Post
majid
post Apr 4 2013, 10:52 AM

Getting Started

Pls forgive ny ignorance, but is pavillion under malton just like Lexus is Toyota's luxury brand, or are they more like sister companies I.e. same level belonging to the same owner? If pavillion is under malton, wouldnt it enhance the value of malton's brand, but also could risk downgrading pavillion's brand?
+Quote Post

53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0623sec    1.72    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:22 PM