Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
125 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official Blu-ray Thread v16, Check 1st page 1st post for value FAQ :)

views

willkso
post Dec 24 2012, 08:39 PM

Enthusiast
986 posts

QUOTE(wiNd @ Dec 24 2012, 08:41 PM)
a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all BD lovers! xmas.gif
Should we say all ori BD lovers? tongue.gif
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all!! xmas.gif xmas.gif
wiNd
post Dec 24 2012, 09:22 PM

I'm watching you
12,683 posts

QUOTE(willkso @ Dec 24 2012, 08:39 PM)
Should we say all ori BD lovers?  tongue.gif
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all!! xmas.gif xmas.gif
Of cos ori, say no to bootlegs tongue.gif
pokjak_290
post Dec 24 2012, 11:34 PM

On my way
596 posts

Super Express :
3.07pm - order Indy Boxset UK LE
8.03pm - dispatch via Royal Mail. smile.gif
Andrewtst
post Dec 25 2012, 03:09 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Dec 24 2012, 10:40 AM)
no no  shakehead.gif
u r 2nd...check the post count  whistling.gif

happy xmas everyone
1st after you. tongue.gif

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone! smile.gif
bobtahar
post Dec 25 2012, 07:04 AM

Getting Started
172 posts

Season's Greetings & Happy New Year
Mikeyz
post Dec 25 2012, 09:37 AM

On my way
586 posts

Merry Xmas to all and enjoy the blurays..cheers
ozak
post Dec 25 2012, 01:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

Some title movie that selling in the amazon, I not so understand.

Why it come with 2-3pcs disc? Bluray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy in 1package. From my logic understand, nobody would watch the DVD ver. if they can brought a bluray. And what is this UltraViolet Digital Copy?
low98944
post Dec 25 2012, 02:19 PM

...oooOOOooo...
5,533 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 25 2012, 01:42 PM)

Why it come with 2-3pcs disc? Bluray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy in 1package. From my logic understand, nobody would watch the DVD ver. if they can brought a bluray. And what is this UltraViolet Digital Copy?
That is partially target those family currently using DVD player and wish to upgrade to Blu-ray player in near future or future. Save buyers costs when their upgrade to Blu-ray in future.

Or for those who will give away DVD to their relatives or friend.

Or for those just want to have most complete set.

Official answer to What is UltraViolet?
What is UltraViolet?

UltraViolet is a free, cloud-based digital rights collection that gives you greater flexibility with how and where you watch the movies and TV shows that you purchase. When you buy a movie or TV show from a participating retailer, it's automatically added to your UltraViolet Collection and you have options to stream it over the Internet and/or download it for offline viewing to a variety of connected devices. Because UltraViolet offers so many viewing choices, you have greater freedom to choose where you want to watch - on a mobile device, computer, television, game console, etc.

wiNd
post Dec 25 2012, 02:37 PM

I'm watching you
12,683 posts

Bluray for us, DVD for kids/parents, Digital Copy for mobile gadgets smile.gif combo pack at a cheaper price

Another reason to get US edition over local edition... biggrin.gif
ozak
post Dec 25 2012, 02:48 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(low98944 @ Dec 25 2012, 02:19 PM)
That is partially target those family currently using DVD player and wish to upgrade to Blu-ray player in near future or future.  Save buyers costs when their upgrade to Blu-ray in future.

Or for those who will give away DVD to their relatives or friend.

Or for those just want to have most complete set.

Official answer to What is UltraViolet?
This disc format collection are tiring. Still in format transaction era.

low98944
post Dec 25 2012, 02:51 PM

...oooOOOooo...
5,533 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 25 2012, 02:48 PM)
This disc format collection are tiring. Still in format transaction era.
tongue.gif
ozak
post Dec 25 2012, 02:57 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(wiNd @ Dec 25 2012, 02:37 PM)
Bluray for us, DVD for kids/parents, Digital Copy for mobile gadgets  smile.gif  combo pack at a cheaper price

Another reason to get US edition over local edition... biggrin.gif
Man, I just feel wasting my money to get all the format. 1 format is enough for me. if want mobile, just rippout or purchase download online.

Why the kid/parent need to watch the less quality version. While they can watch together the bluray ver? Do you mean they can watch it on their PC/laptop?

The local edition also have this combo ver.
ozak
post Dec 25 2012, 03:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(low98944 @ Dec 25 2012, 02:51 PM)
tongue.gif
Actually I have stop collect the disc movie. It just tiring to keep all the format.

My collection is start from laserdisc era, vcd, dvd. And now bd. All the old player either in storeroom or throwaway. And the disc either still in my rack or lost somewhere at my friend home. When they didn't return back after borrow and I forget. sad.gif

If you start at my era, how you manage it?
low98944
post Dec 25 2012, 03:05 PM

...oooOOOooo...
5,533 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 25 2012, 03:03 PM)
Actually I have stop collect the disc movie. It just tiring to keep all the format.

My collection is start from laserdisc era, vcd, dvd. And now bd. All the old player either in storeroom or throwaway. And the disc either still in my rack or lost somewhere at my friend home. When they didn't return back after borrow and I forget. sad.gif

rclxub.gif Maybe collect new movie only. hmm.gif
ozak
post Dec 25 2012, 03:20 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(low98944 @ Dec 25 2012, 03:05 PM)
rclxub.gif  Maybe collect new movie only.  hmm.gif
When I want to watch back some old movie, I don't have the player anymore or the disc just don't play. This problem is just continue....
low98944
post Dec 25 2012, 03:25 PM

...oooOOOooo...
5,533 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 25 2012, 03:20 PM)
When I want to watch back some old movie, I don't have the player anymore or the disc just don't play. This problem is just continue....
This is no ending road. tongue.gif
fadthil
post Dec 26 2012, 03:39 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

QUOTE(nazmanson @ Dec 24 2012, 07:04 PM)
No lah I'm not suitable

1) U bro maskedchan
2) bro low
3) bro fathil
4) bro wind
Are the most suitable candidates, I'm just a peasant collector  blush.gif
ayoyo, why my name is in the list?? me cannotla, i can hardly keep up with bluray new releases, happenings & updates, let alone managing a forum thread... doh.gif

Added on December 26, 2012, 3:54 am
QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 25 2012, 02:57 PM)
Why the kid/parent need to watch the less quality version. While they can watch together the bluray ver? Do you mean they can watch it on their PC/laptop?
haha... just put yourself in this situation: ur kids are die-hard fans of say... shrek series. u certainly don't want to watch the series like 10 times in a row with ur kids, right? at the same time, u don't want them to manhandle your precious bluray discs when they use 'em on repeated viewing and at the same time making them one of their newly-found frisbee toys with some smudge of chocolate cream and other viscid-liquid on its surface... just give them the dvds and do whateva they like with it!! laugh.gif

Added on December 26, 2012, 4:10 am
QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 25 2012, 03:03 PM)

well u have a point my friend. luckily, my proper collection started with dvds in the late 90s. never can afford LDs during my younger days and VHS; ppfftt... with its quality i leave it at rental, period. i never really started collecting BDs when the format already been introduced in the market due to the HD format war... but once Toshiba raised the white flag and HD-DVD became obsolete, that's when i started collecting, a bit late - '07 if i can remember correctly.

but there's no way in h*ll that u can ever finalised on the ever changing formats, medias & technologies... u have to go with the flow. for now it's BDs. u can just keep your precious previous formats for sentimental value hehe... tongue.gif btw, my '91 JVC VCR still in working condition, so do my '98 & '04 Pioneer DVD players... whistling.gif

This post has been edited by fadthil: Dec 26 2012, 04:11 AM
Liquid Snake
post Dec 26 2012, 04:13 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

In the US most families use bluray to watch at home. DVD are used to watch in the car when travelling. And the digital copy or ultra violet is just an extra way to watch the movie on the go. Thats what my uncle who stays in the States told me. Hehe
ozak
post Dec 26 2012, 10:28 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(fadthil @ Dec 26 2012, 03:39 AM)
haha... just put yourself in this situation: ur kids are die-hard fans of say... shrek series. u certainly don't want to watch the series like 10 times in a row with ur kids, right? at the same time, u don't want them to manhandle your precious bluray discs when they use 'em on repeated viewing and at the same time making them one of their newly-found frisbee toys with some smudge of chocolate cream and other viscid-liquid on its surface... just give them the dvds and do whateva they like with it!!  laugh.gif

Added on December 26, 2012, 4:10 am
well u have a point my friend. luckily, my proper collection started with dvds in the late 90s. never can afford LDs during my younger days and VHS; ppfftt... with its quality i leave it at rental, period. i never really started collecting BDs when the format already been introduced in the market due to the HD format war... but once Toshiba raised the white flag and HD-DVD became obsolete, that's when i started collecting, a bit late - '07 if i can remember correctly.

but there's no way in h*ll that u can ever finalised on the ever changing formats, medias & technologies... u have to go with the flow. for now it's BDs. u can just keep your precious previous formats for sentimental value hehe... tongue.gif  btw, my '91 JVC VCR still in working condition, so do my '98 & '04 Pioneer DVD players...  whistling.gif
i just thinking how to save more cost without getting the bundle together outdated DVD format. Which is for me is a dust collector. biggrin.gif I still don't have kid. So can"t imagine your situation. hmm.gif

It will happen to you 1 days when you tired with keep chasnging format. The next format 4k is coming. They is no end.

There is 2 problem for me to keep the collection. The player is no more selling and no where you can repair. For example the LDs. So what you going to do with the disc collection? For kids toy? tongue.gif 2nd problem is the wife complain. You spend so much collection and you abandon it. Than collect another format. When year end cleaning, nagging coming when she saw your collection collecting dust. sweat.gif And it is not just my wife. My mother now start nagging too now. Ask me what I should do with my late father LP album. Man, why women don't understand. rclxub.gif
ozak
post Dec 26 2012, 10:29 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(Liquid Snake @ Dec 26 2012, 04:13 AM)
In the US most families use bluray to watch at home. DVD are used to watch in the car when travelling. And the digital copy or ultra violet is just an extra way to watch the movie on the go. Thats what my uncle who stays in the States told me. Hehe
That sound more logic to me. biggrin.gif

125 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0263sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:24 PM