132 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Coffee lover please come in

views

TSadriankhoo153
post Sep 26 2012, 03:23 PM, updated 8y ago

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

Hi, i didn't see any thread on coffee making method. Hence i would like to start one here. Been a addicted to Melbourne coffee since i am back from there. They seriosly having a stong coffee culture there. Love love love their latte. The creama is perfectly there. Espresso in the other hand are an eye opener there. To cut the crap, here to share my method of brewing my own cup of coffee.. Btw, i am using I using the following bean. Proud Mary Angel Wing (Hse blend), Seven seeds single origin - Honduras Finca El Naranjo and Nicaragua Javanica, Highlander Supremo Blend (Hse Blend), Tesco finest Costa Rica (This is ground coffee)

My coffee toy

Attached Image

French Press - Cappuccino

1. Freshly grind 7-8g of fresh coffee bean (coarse type)
2. 100ml hot water bout 90 deg ish. (boiled it until bubbling and rest it for 20 seconds)
3. Pour the water into the freshly grinded coffee in the french press.
4. Set timer for 3 minutes.
5. While waiting for coffee, boiled Farmhouse milk for 45 seconds
6. Pour out press coffee into coffee mug
7. Pour the Farmhouse milk into a cup and frothed it with milk frother.
8. Slowly pour out the milk and used spoon to block the foam.
9. Lastly pour the foam on top and sprinkle some chocolate powder/cinnamon/nutmeg (whichever u like) on the foam.
* add chocolate syrup or powder if wanna make mocha

Finished product
user posted image

This post has been edited by adriankhoo153: Dec 27 2012, 09:33 AM
icemanfx
post Sep 27 2012, 09:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,534 posts

user posted image

Since you mentioned Melbourne, would have expect you to use moka pot.

TSadriankhoo153
post Sep 28 2012, 08:08 AM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

I am actually searching for Bialetti Brikka that are different from conventional moka pot but couldnt find (or at least see it) it anywhere in Msia or Melb. This Bialetti Brikka can produce crema! drool.gif
Know where i can get it?

This post has been edited by adriankhoo153: Sep 28 2012, 09:20 AM
icemanfx
post Sep 28 2012, 04:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,534 posts

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Sep 28 2012, 08:08 AM)
I am actually searching for Bialetti Brikka that are different from conventional moka pot but couldnt find (or at least see it) it anywhere in Msia or Melb. This Bialetti Brikka can produce crema!  drool.gif
Know where i can get it?
If you can't it in Melbourne, you are unlikely to find in KL.

TSadriankhoo153
post Sep 28 2012, 04:48 PM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

Same like above. Just that i pour in the froth milk first.

user posted image
pokwang
post Oct 5 2012, 10:38 AM

31 posts

What kind of cappuccino blasphemy is this!? Skimmed milk? Boiled? Yuck! I spot the Aeropress among your coffee toys and yet you went with the French press. Really? And I didn't see a grinder in the picture, but I sure hope you didn't use a blade grinder to go with that French press.

I'm sure you love your coffee but even Starbucks put more love into their coffee making. You have an Aeropress, use it. It has the best extraction outside of an espresso machine. And throw away that skimmed milk and get yourself REAL milk. That disgusting thing has no place in the kitchen.
TSadriankhoo153
post Oct 5 2012, 11:40 AM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

QUOTE(pokwang @ Oct 5 2012, 10:38 AM)
What kind of cappuccino blasphemy is this!? Skimmed milk? Boiled? Yuck! I spot the Aeropress among your coffee toys and yet you went with the French press. Really? And I didn't see a grinder in the picture, but I sure hope you didn't use a blade grinder to go with that French press.

I'm sure you love your coffee but even Starbucks put more love into their coffee making. You have an Aeropress, use it. It has the best extraction outside of an espresso machine. And throw away that skimmed milk and get yourself REAL milk. That disgusting thing has no place in the kitchen.
I belive everyone having their own taste. My cappucino could be your latte and my defination of the taste might be different from you. Doesnt need all the bashing bro..

Here i prefer French Press as Aeropress tend to be too smooth. I prefer my coffee to be a little dirty. Btw, i do interchange French Press and Aeropress accordingly. If using Aeropress i prefer it to be inverted method as i find Aeropress coffee filters out oil. Oh yeah, i do own a Skerton grinder.

Skim milk is used as it produce nicely froth milk as it bubble rather fine. Yes, i prefer full cream Farmhouse over any skim milk. Appreciate your feedback bro but stay the bashing low. Afterall, we are here to share and learn.

This post has been edited by adriankhoo153: Oct 5 2012, 11:42 AM
ftf87
post Oct 5 2012, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

Try add in some brown sugars, it works wonder
ruth817
post Oct 5 2012, 11:56 AM

0 posts

anybody knows where i can buy mocha or cappuccino powder in KL?? i just want the cheaper once not the one in the groceries.... so expensive! i wanted to create my own mocha shake with whip cream... yum yum!
pokwang
post Oct 5 2012, 12:11 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Oct 5 2012, 11:40 AM)
I belive everyone having their own taste. My cappucino could be your latte and my defination of the taste might be different from you. Doesnt need all the bashing bro..

Here i prefer French Press as Aeropress tend to be too smooth. I prefer my coffee to be a little dirty. Btw, i do interchange French Press and Aeropress accordingly. If using Aeropress i prefer it to be inverted method as i find Aeropress coffee filters out oil. Oh yeah, i do own a Skerton grinder.

Skim milk is used as it produce nicely froth milk as it bubble rather fine. Yes, i prefer full cream Farmhouse over any skim milk. Appreciate your feedback bro but stay the bashing low. Afterall, we are here to share and learn.
Thank god, faith in humanity restored. I thought you're just just a crazy coffee bandwagoner. And I understand what you mean about Aeropress being too smooth, though I reckon it's more to do with sediments and steep time than coffee oil, but I'm not 100% on this. But whatever floats your boat....

Still, skimmed milk is EVIL. It's devil food. It should be banned forever and people who drink it should be thrown in jail.
TSadriankhoo153
post Oct 5 2012, 12:15 PM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

QUOTE(pokwang @ Oct 5 2012, 12:11 PM)
Thank god, faith in humanity restored. I thought you're just just a crazy coffee bandwagoner. And I understand what you mean about Aeropress being too smooth, though I reckon it's more to do with sediments and steep time than coffee oil, but I'm not 100% on this. But whatever floats your boat....

Still, skimmed milk is EVIL. It's devil food. It should be banned forever and people who drink it should be thrown in jail.
Yes, smooth here being defined by the sendiment. Just to add up the filteration of the oil as well. The grind setting for Aeropress need to be finer comparable with French Press which is coarse grind.
deodorant
post Oct 5 2012, 02:18 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,688 posts

Are coffee sugar crystals just a gimmick or a "real" thing?

Example:
http://www.csrsugar.com.au/Specialty/Coffe...r-Crystals.aspx

I bought a bag last time in Mauritius but I couldn't taste any difference hmm.gif ... granted I'm not a big coffee person so I don't have particularly refined taste buds anyways.
TSadriankhoo153
post Oct 5 2012, 05:00 PM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

I did hear b4 this type of sugar but didnt try b4. Dun think it will make any noticeable taste.
zackhan
post Oct 5 2012, 06:15 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Hi I like coffee too, but cannot afford to buy from Starbuk, coffee bean, everyday, please advice what to buy - equipment and bean, that I can enjoy every morning in office.

I saw a show by Moses Chen,from TVB, he have set of travel kit to make coffee, where can I get it ah?

TSadriankhoo153
post Oct 5 2012, 10:21 PM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

QUOTE(zackhan @ Oct 5 2012, 06:15 PM)
Hi I like coffee too, but cannot afford to buy from Starbuk, coffee bean, everyday, please advice what to buy - equipment and bean, that I can enjoy every morning in office.

I saw a show by Moses Chen,from TVB, he have set  of travel kit to make coffee, where can I get it ah?
For a starter u may want to invest in a basic tools like frech press (recommend Bodum brand) and a Hario Skerton grinder. Buy freshly roasted bean and grind yourself for maximum freshness. Total cost might below rm300

Coffee bean may get from myespresso. Higlander Supremo blend.

This post has been edited by adriankhoo153: Oct 5 2012, 10:22 PM
zthang
post Oct 6 2012, 12:44 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Sep 26 2012, 03:23 PM)
Hi, i didn't see any thread on coffee making method. Hence i would like to start one here. Been a addicted to Melbourne coffee since i am back from there. They seriosly having a stong coffee culture there. Love love love their latte. The creama is perfectly there. Espresso in the other hand are an eye opener there. To cut the crap, here to share my method of brewing my own cup of coffee.. Btw, i am using I using the following bean. Proud Mary Angel Wing (Hse blend), Seven seeds single origin - Honduras Finca El Naranjo and Nicaragua Javanica, Highlander Supremo Blend (Hse Blend), Tesco finest Costa Rica (This is ground coffee)

My coffee toy

Attached Image

French Press - Cappuccino

1. Freshly grind 7-8g of fresh coffee bean (coarse type)
2. 100ml hot water bout 90 deg ish. (boiled it until bubbling and rest it for 20 seconds)
3. Pour the water into the freshly grinded coffee in the french press.
4. Set timer for 3 minutes.
5. While waiting for coffee, boiled skim milk for 45 seconds
6. Pour out press coffee into coffee mug
7. Pour the skim milk into a cup and frothed it with milk frother.
8. Slowly pour out the milk and used spoon to block the foam.
9. Lastly pour the foam on top and sprinkle some chocolate powder/cinnamon/nutmeg (whichever u like) on the foam.
* add chocolate syrup or powder if wanna make mocha

Finished product
user posted image
wow,
nice topic, i really like this,

want to share with you the Vietnamese coffee.
http://www.trung-nguyen-online.com/about-v...mese-coffee.php

quite cheap to make a cup of coffee, (20 RM for 250gram coffee and 6RM for filter).

reijikageyama
post Oct 6 2012, 10:38 AM

whatthingamajigga
1,202 posts

anyone here using Syphon to brew coffee? I'm getting my beans (primarily Kenya AA/Columbia) from Taiwan.
TSadriankhoo153
post Oct 6 2012, 11:58 AM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

QUOTE(reijikageyama @ Oct 6 2012, 10:38 AM)
anyone here using Syphon to brew coffee? I'm getting my beans (primarily Kenya AA/Columbia) from Taiwan.
Haven't venture into Syphon though I heard a lot of it. Would love to try it soon. Currently in love with Proud Mary House blend.
TSadriankhoo153
post Oct 6 2012, 11:59 AM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

QUOTE(zthang @ Oct 6 2012, 12:44 AM)
wow,
nice topic, i really like this,

want to share with you the Vietnamese coffee.
http://www.trung-nguyen-online.com/about-v...mese-coffee.php

quite cheap to make a cup of coffee, (20 RM for 250gram coffee and 6RM for filter).
I believe Vietnam coffee are using drip style. Didn't get any Vietnam fresh bean on hand yet. Would love to try some too.
zthang
post Oct 6 2012, 12:09 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Oct 6 2012, 11:59 AM)
I believe Vietnam coffee are using drip style. Didn't get any Vietnam fresh bean on hand yet. Would love to try some too.
yes, i have some and want to share with you. smile.gif are you in KL? i also love your coffee marking style.

132 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0312sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st August 2021 - 04:55 AM