Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kia Optima K5 Owners/Fans Thread V3, www.myK5club.com

ferrari38
post Sep 9 2017, 11:38 PM

Group: Junior Member

Hi Bro. May i know what is the hid bulb type for k5 2015?
jorrne00
post Sep 10 2017, 01:48 PM

QUOTE(sitescope @ Sep 6 2017, 07:14 PM)
Tayar x cukup angin

So how ur GT... Manage to hit redline ?
didnt drive on highway, city drive and is on ECo Mode. Dashboard dunno which side have a bit of sound when i turn to sport mode. LOL.
Overall, it is a nice car for me.
IamAHuman
post Sep 10 2017, 05:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jorrne00 @ Sep 10 2017, 01:48 PM)
didnt drive on highway, city drive and is on ECo Mode. Dashboard dunno which side have a bit of sound when i turn to sport mode. LOL.
Overall, it is a nice car for me.
13.2L/100km is quite a fuel guzzler. Were you driving it hard?
skyblu3
post Sep 10 2017, 09:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pky @ Aug 9 2017, 10:54 AM)
Bro, mind to take a snap on the interior during nighttime, with the lights on. Is the console have red back light same as the previous K5?

Myoswee
post Sep 20 2017, 05:05 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ipohmali70 @ Feb 9 2017, 07:56 AM)
Ok let me check my receipt for the address.  Will pm you soon.
Hi, can pm me the shop address too. My k5 sterling have sound.
Buydirect
post Oct 9 2017, 05:46 PM

Group: Newbie

Better deal for Optima GT starting this month..check it out.
williamlee_1985
post Dec 30 2017, 12:36 PM

The Red Devils wear Nike

--sold--

This post has been edited by williamlee_1985: Feb 7 2018, 12:51 PM
-GILA-
post Jan 24 2018, 12:54 AM

Casual

Hey sifus,

Not too sure if this thread still active but I need help here and hopefully somebody can share some insight with me. I was redirected here from myk5club page.

About 3 weeks ago, I went to a used car dealer and made a booking for a 2014 Kia Optima K5 FL (with well over 110k mileage) on the spot after believing everything the salesman said.

I was told that the car has never been into any accident before and everything was great in pristine condition. To be frank and to the untrained eyes, you won't be able to tell the difference or anything wrong with the car. Except for some stone chip on the front bonnet.

I was not even allowed to test drive the car if I do not place any booking. The salesman only turn on the engine for me to look around.

First thing I noticed straight away was the air-con. It was blowing HOT AIR even in the lowest setting. I was ensure by the same sales man that is due to setting/ configuration issue. I was dumbfounded with what he said and make sure that it was on the lowest setting possible which the indicator show "lo" after the lowest numeric you can go. The car is still running at this point for probably 30-45mins or even 1 hour! I was there for almost 4 hours negotiating.

After that (probably 30-45mins or even 1 hour), I ask the sales man again to see if the aircon is cold. He gave me tonnes of excuses. First was setting issue, but I show him that is was already on the lowest setting possible! Second was that the gas is not enough. Third excuses was that the car was sitting there stagnant for too long (3-4 weeks) without driving. Fourth excuses was that the car need to be tune electronically through a device. Dafuq right? In the end, he promise to have that fixed before handover to me. FINE!

Second thing I noticed was the ventilated seat. I can't feel anything at all! Either on cold or hot setting. And again, I was ensured that is normal for K5 unlike those more expensive cars. Is this common not to feel like its functioning with the feature turn-on on highest setting? Then the sales man said not to worry so much because they will check and repair/ replace everything that is wrong before handover to me.

I paid the booking fees on the spot anyway (believing everything)and went for a test drive. Everything was fine, smooth gear change, solid, no funny noises, turning around was normal even the aircon suddenly became cold. Ventilated seat still same shit, lights are on but it doesn't feel like is functioning at all.

After that I even went back there twice on weekend to admire my future car while waiting for the bank loan to approve and to sign the agreement. Last week when I test drive again, the same condition of the aircon remain (if I don't drive, HOT! If I drive colder) but it got worse! Whenever I stop for traffic light, you can ACTUALLY feel the aircon temperature slowly rising. The breaking point came when I park the car back at the dealer shop, less than 5mins it was blowing HOT AIR! And the same sales man have the nerve to tell me that "IS COLD LA BOSS". I got so pissed and told him "Lets go to Kia Authorized Car Service Center to have it check, I am very sure something is wrong with the aircon and it will need to replace". He said okay.

I set an appointment with Kia Authorized Car Service Center @ Old Klang Road 8.30am on 24th Jan. The salesman now said I will need to speak to the boss. I call the boss and he ensure me that all Optima K5 is the same. All this friends are driving it and even his relative is working for KIA at Jalan Ipoh. All same! IS COMMON FOR KIA OPTIMA K5 only! And said my booking fee was not even enough for him to waste time going there. He even said he do not mind paying for it if really is the problem and threaten that if after replacing it the same problem persist,I will need to pay him back. He said after replacing the aircon the temperature have to feel like normal car and not slightly better. If slightly better also I will need to pay him back the cost in FULL.

Due to the difference between loan amount and selling price, I will need to settle the balance payment before he allow the car to go into any Kia Authorized Car Service Center. And he stress that whatever need to replace, HE WILL ONLY DO IT AFTER THE CAR IS TRANSFER TO ME.

Oh forgot 1 more thing, the car was indeed been into accident. I took same picture and send it to the boss via WhatsApp. The boss said tonnes of shit and shun it off as if it was nothing. Blardy shit! They have been lying and misleading since day 1. I ask for something in written to me if he does not honour his promises, I shall get back my refund in full. Now he is avoiding me. Everything seems so fishy, hidden intention and etc.

Should I still proceed with the purchase? He even threaten that I wasted 3 weeks of his time and wanted to call off this dealing.

Any advise?

Sorry for the TLDR.

*If this post generate any further interest, I will post the picture of the car and also the dealer name.
ayamxxx
post Jan 24 2018, 08:20 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(-GILA- @ Jan 24 2018, 12:54 AM)
Hey sifus,

Not too sure if this thread still active but I need help here and hopefully somebody can share some insight with me. I was redirected here from myk5club page.

About 3 weeks ago, I went to a used car dealer and made a booking for a 2014 Kia Optima K5 FL (with well over 110k mileage) on the spot after believing everything the salesman said.

I was told that the car has never been into any accident before and everything was great in pristine condition. To be frank and to the untrained eyes, you won't be able to tell the difference or anything wrong with the car. Except for some stone chip on the front bonnet.

I was not even allowed to test drive the car if I do not place any booking. The salesman only turn on the engine for me to look around.

First thing I noticed straight away was the air-con. It was blowing HOT AIR even in the lowest setting. I was ensure by the same sales man that is due to setting/ configuration issue. I was dumbfounded with what he said and make sure that it was on the lowest setting possible which the indicator show "lo" after the lowest numeric you can go. The car is still running at this point for probably 30-45mins or even 1 hour! I was there for almost 4 hours negotiating.

After that (probably 30-45mins or even 1 hour), I ask the sales man again to see if the aircon is cold. He gave me tonnes of excuses. First was setting issue, but I show him that is was already on the lowest setting possible! Second was that the gas is not enough. Third excuses was that the car was sitting there stagnant for too long (3-4 weeks) without driving. Fourth excuses was that the car need to be tune electronically through a device. Dafuq right? In the end, he promise to have that fixed before handover to me. FINE!

Second thing I noticed was the ventilated seat. I can't feel anything at all! Either on cold or hot setting. And again, I was ensured that is normal for K5 unlike those more expensive cars. Is this common not to feel like its functioning with the feature turn-on on highest setting? Then the sales man said not to worry so much because they will check and repair/ replace everything that is wrong before handover to me.

I paid the booking fees on the spot anyway (believing everything)and went for a test drive. Everything was fine, smooth gear change, solid, no funny noises, turning around was normal even the aircon suddenly became cold. Ventilated seat still same shit, lights are on but it doesn't feel like is functioning at all.

After that I even went back there twice on weekend to admire my future car while waiting for the bank loan to approve and to sign the agreement. Last week when I test drive again, the same condition of the aircon remain (if I don't drive, HOT! If I drive colder) but it got worse! Whenever I stop for traffic light, you can ACTUALLY feel the aircon temperature slowly rising. The breaking point came when I park the car back at the dealer shop, less than 5mins it was blowing HOT AIR! And the same sales man have the nerve to tell me that "IS COLD LA BOSS". I got so pissed and told him "Lets go to Kia Authorized Car Service Center to have it check, I am very sure something is wrong with the aircon and it will need to replace". He said okay.

I set an appointment with Kia Authorized Car Service Center @ Old Klang Road 8.30am on 24th Jan. The salesman now said I will need to speak to the boss. I call the boss and he ensure me that all Optima K5 is the same. All this friends are driving it and even his relative is working for KIA at Jalan Ipoh. All same! IS COMMON FOR KIA OPTIMA K5 only! And said my booking fee was not even enough for him to waste time going there. He even said he do not mind paying for it if really is the problem and threaten that if after replacing it the same problem persist,I will need to pay him back. He said after replacing the aircon the temperature have to feel like normal car and not slightly better. If slightly better also I will need to pay him back the cost in FULL.

Due to the difference between loan amount and selling price, I will need to settle the balance payment before he allow the car to go into any Kia Authorized Car Service Center. And he stress that whatever need to replace, HE WILL ONLY DO IT AFTER THE CAR IS TRANSFER TO ME.

Oh forgot 1 more thing, the car was indeed been into accident. I took same picture and send it to the boss via WhatsApp. The boss said tonnes of shit and shun it off as if it was nothing. Blardy shit! They have been lying and misleading since day 1. I ask for something in written to me if he does not honour his promises, I shall get back my refund in full. Now he is avoiding me. Everything seems so fishy, hidden intention and etc.

Should I still proceed with the purchase? He even threaten that I wasted 3 weeks of his time and wanted to call off this dealing.

Any advise?

Sorry for the TLDR.

*If this post generate any further interest, I will post the picture of the car and also the dealer name.
Accident car, why proceed with purchase. There are plenty of seller for k5 2.0 even a facelift out there, plus a private owner as well.
My experience tell me that private seller were much better than any bluffing used car dealer. Private owner also can provide the service records history hence even u can continue protect that car under manufacturer warranty.
Btw for the aircond, if i remember, you can send sc for resetting and not top up of ac gases. Clearly the salesman F u many times.
Ask the used car salesman to refund your booking or u let him know we can let his shop known on the internet

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Jan 24 2018, 08:25 AM
nomoredfox
post Jan 24 2018, 09:26 AM

Getting Started

Bro... Just walk away.... There are members who selling their own cars...

The seller is not honest to start with...

wei
post Jan 24 2018, 04:16 PM

Get your Macs done right!

I can't believe after so much fiasco you still thinking on dealing with such dealer??
-GILA-
post Jan 24 2018, 08:40 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jan 24 2018, 08:20 AM)
Accident car, why proceed with purchase. There are plenty of seller for k5 2.0 even a facelift out there, plus a private owner as well.
My experience tell me that private seller were much better than any bluffing used car dealer. Private owner also can provide the service records history hence even u can continue protect that car under manufacturer warranty.
Btw for the aircond, if i remember, you can send sc for resetting  and not top up of ac gases. Clearly the salesman F u many times.
Ask the used car salesman to refund your booking or u let him know we can let his shop known on the internet
Yea, guess I'll cancel the purchase. Got fked over many times with their lies.

Thanks alot! Really appreciate it!

QUOTE(nomoredfox @ Jan 24 2018, 09:26 AM)
Bro... Just walk away.... There are members who selling their own cars...

The seller is not honest to start with...
After posting here and checking with my other friends, I'm walking off now. Wonder will they refund back my booking fees or not. Not too sure if let his shop known on the internet affect him much.

QUOTE(wei @ Jan 24 2018, 04:16 PM)
I can't believe after so much fiasco you still thinking on dealing with such dealer??
Boss, sorry la. Virgin ma in dealing 2nd hand car. Didn't know so much trouble and heartache dealing will those fkers.

Thanks alot guys for your advise! By the way, any recommendation for 2014 Kia Optima K5 FL around RM 70-75k?
nomoredfox
post Jan 26 2018, 04:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(-GILA- @ Jan 24 2018, 08:40 PM)
Yea, guess I'll cancel the purchase. Got fked over many times with their lies.

Thanks alot! Really appreciate it!
After posting here and checking with my other friends, I'm walking off now. Wonder will they refund back my booking fees or not. Not too sure if let his shop known on the internet affect him much.
Boss, sorry la. Virgin ma in dealing 2nd hand car. Didn't know so much trouble and heartache dealing will those fkers.
Thanks alot guys for your advise! By the way, any recommendation for 2014 Kia Optima K5 FL around RM 70-75k?
find in FB k5 club
-GILA-
post Jan 28 2018, 11:46 PM

Casual

QUOTE(nomoredfox @ Jan 26 2018, 04:48 PM)
find in FB k5 club
Oh sure! Thanks man!
Str33tBoY
post Feb 16 2018, 01:33 AM

Regular

Thinking of buying a K5 around year 2013...
Which around rm50k...

I am thinking whether any major problem with d car?
Easily breakdown & etc?
And how is d fuel?

I am driving city 2013 currently...
Thinking to change to as initially i reali like dis car when it 1st launch..
I see 2014 facelifted will fetch around 75k adi...

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0524sec    4.65    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th February 2018 - 12:04 PM