Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
90 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LG LM Series 3D Led TV, Passive 3D TV

Kanuki
post Jul 19 2012, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi..

Anyone knows where I can get a good price for 42LM6700?

This post has been edited by Kanuki: Jul 19 2012, 11:14 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Xstan
post Jul 19 2012, 11:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Kanuki @ Jul 19 2012, 11:13 PM)
Hi..

Anyone knows where I can get a good price for 42LM6700?
Need to know where u r from? As said again, for good reasonable price go for none chain home appliance outlet such as SenQ, Harvey, Courts etc. They were explosively expensive. Go for dealer shop with large LG signboard or check out the LG Msia web page, go for LM 6700 then on top right search for dealers near you. That's what I did.

Added on July 20, 2012, 12:04 am

Yesterday I discover that, though it's user manual booklet enclosed is not much help, the users @ the home menu is very informative. You guys can check it out. For those unsure or do not know how to calibrate the TV there is this user friendly steps by steps calibration for your adjustment or tuning to your liking.

BTW, I just tested 2D to 3D conversion is pretty good too. You can even adjust depth of 3D.

New things to discover everyday. It's so cool to read Facebook on TV. Now gonna to learn how to sync it to my Android Phone & IPad.
The magic remote is now easy to use after several practicing.

This post has been edited by Xstan: Jul 20 2012, 12:06 AM
+Quote Post
cstkl1
post Jul 20 2012, 02:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(Xstan @ Jul 19 2012, 11:54 PM)
Need to know where u r from?  As said again, for good reasonable price go for none chain home appliance outlet such as SenQ, Harvey, Courts etc. They were explosively expensive. Go for dealer shop with large LG signboard or check out the LG Msia web page, go for LM 6700 then on top right search for dealers near you. That's what I did.

Added on July 20, 2012, 12:04 am

Yesterday I discover that, though it's user manual booklet enclosed is not much help, the users @ the home menu is very informative. You guys can check it out. For those unsure or do not know how to calibrate the TV there is this user friendly steps by steps calibration for your adjustment or tuning to your liking.

BTW, I just tested 2D to 3D conversion is pretty good too. You can even adjust depth of 3D.

New things to discover everyday. It's so cool to read Facebook on TV. Now gonna to learn how to sync it to my Android Phone & IPad.
The magic remote is now easy to use after several practicing.
btw just for ure info on discussing discounts

47LM6700 is at RM4750, 47LM7600 is around RM6050 and 47LM8600 is around RM6300.

so u can show ure middle finger to all the TBM and harvey norman who puts a price tag of RM7999 for 47LM7600 and most probably then the sales guy "says oh this is before discount".. y not just start at RM1m and then bargain all the way down if thats the case.

so far only show units i see is the TBM in bangsar. Harvey Norman all no afaik .

personally i would say its either the 6700 or 8600 is the way to go.
y?? cause u get all the other extra features.. and a good app running smooth with the dual core.
forget so much about the screen quality refresh rate etc.. . dont bother with the best since all of them will come crashing down with oled releasing end of the year... it will be end of plasma true black, and lcd with led backlighting contrast etc. So few years down the road everybody will be having the perfect oleds at a cheaper price.

This post has been edited by cstkl1: Jul 20 2012, 02:30 AM
+Quote Post
Johore
post Jul 20 2012, 11:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cstkl1 @ Jul 20 2012, 02:25 AM)

so u can show ure middle finger to all the TBM and harvey norman who puts a price tag of RM7999 for 47LM7600 and most probably then the sales guy "says oh this is before discount".. y not just start at RM1m and then bargain all the way down if thats the case.

so far only show units i see is the TBM in bangsar. Harvey Norman all no afaik .

y?? cause u get all the other extra features.. and a good app running smooth with the dual core.
forget so much about the screen quality refresh rate etc.. . dont bother with the best since all of them will come crashing down with oled releasing end of the year... it will be end of plasma true black, and lcd with led backlighting contrast etc. So few years down the road everybody will be having the perfect oleds at a cheaper price.
would be the price for 42LM6700? whistling.gif whistling.gif
since those LM6200 is no wifi built in.. doh.gif doh.gif need to use dongle..
+Quote Post
Kanuki
post Jul 20 2012, 02:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cstkl1 @ Jul 20 2012, 02:25 AM)

I think if I'm not mistaken. Once the OLED TV launch at the end of this year. The price is gonna be quite expensive.
Need to wait until year 2016 then the price for OLED TV will be cheaper than current LED LCD TV right?

QUOTE(Johore @ Jul 20 2012, 11:05 AM)
would be the price for 42LM6700?  whistling.gif  whistling.gif
since those LM6200 is no wifi built in.. doh.gif  doh.gif  need to use dongle..
I just called One Eight to ask about the price. They offer me RM3,390 with free delivery to my place.

This post has been edited by Kanuki: Jul 20 2012, 02:13 PM
+Quote Post
L3nnon
post Jul 20 2012, 02:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Kanuki @ Jul 20 2012, 02:04 PM)
I think if I'm not mistaken. Once the OLED TV launch at the end of this year. The price is gonna be quite expensive.
Need to wait until year 2016 then the price for OLED TV will be cheaper than current LED LCD TV right?
I just called One Eight to ask about the price. They offer me RM3,390 with free delivery to my place.
Nice one dude. My recommended shop price. Did you tRy other place?
+Quote Post
Kanuki
post Jul 20 2012, 02:43 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(L3nnon @ Jul 20 2012, 02:39 PM)
Haven't... anywhere else recommended?

P.S. In Thailand people selling this model only for 27,900 Bath (RM2,790).
Not sure why in Malaysia it's so expensive.

This post has been edited by Kanuki: Jul 20 2012, 03:23 PM
+Quote Post
Xstan
post Jul 21 2012, 12:13 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(L3nnon @ Jul 20 2012, 02:39 PM)
One 8 is the shop L3nnon recommended?

BTW , I suppose no dongle required for Lg LM6200 model lah, Johore. It's quite similar to LM6700 just bezel different. There is many LM series if one do not require smart TV & is way cheaper.

Added on July 21, 2012, 12:17 amBet, Adroger is unpacking & installing his new 47LM6700 TV right now. So pal, tell us what yr opinion & view ya?

This post has been edited by Xstan: Jul 21 2012, 12:17 AM
+Quote Post
Masamune
post Jul 21 2012, 01:37 AM

Just A Kid
Group: Senior Member

Hey guys, saw an offer in the paper for LG LM4610. Is it good? Can't seem to find any reviews.
+Quote Post
Xstan
post Jul 21 2012, 02:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Masamune @ Jul 21 2012, 01:37 AM)
Hey guys, saw an offer in the paper for LG LM4610. Is it good? Can't seem to find any reviews.
Yup..saw this in display. It's basic 3D TV. No smart TV. If you want cinema 3D TV that's LG is now famed fr then this TV is good.
+Quote Post
aeiou228
post Jul 21 2012, 09:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Xstan @ Jul 21 2012, 02:39 AM)
Yup..saw this in display. It's basic 3D TV. No smart TV. If you want cinema 3D TV that's LG is now famed fr then this TV is good.
I was thinking buying a cheaper non smart tv instead of more expensive smart tv then use the savings to buy a USD80 external android tv media player to turn the dump tv to even smarter tv. Can install whatever apps i like from google play like pps, YouTube, Facebook, tweeter, chrome, TheStar e-paper etc etc and watch over the tv.
What is your opinion ?
+Quote Post
Xstan
post Jul 21 2012, 09:27 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jul 21 2012, 09:16 AM)
I was thinking buying a cheaper non smart tv instead of more expensive smart tv then use the savings to buy a USD80 external android tv media player to turn the dump tv to even smarter tv. Can install whatever apps i like from google play like pps, YouTube, Facebook, tweeter, chrome, TheStar e-paper etc etc and watch over the tv.
What is your opinion ?
Yup. It's good idea too. But apps in LG just little different. However I did not explore all of it. A friend of mine also suggest me on this media too for 3D downloads & I was contemplating to get it. Hw much is this media unit? But if it's passive 3D u want than this a good unit. In UK the models quite similar but less one zero like LM 6700 , while in Europe it's LM 670T. Can try to chk review frm Europe model series. smile.gif
+Quote Post
aeiou228
post Jul 21 2012, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Xstan @ Jul 21 2012, 09:27 AM)
Yup. It's good idea too. But apps in LG just little different. However I did not explore all of it. A friend of mine also suggest me on this media too for 3D downloads & I was contemplating to get it. Hw much is this media unit? But if it's passive 3D u want than this a good unit. In UK the models quite similar but less one zero like LM 6700 , while in Europe it's LM 670T. Can try to chk review frm Europe model series.  smile.gif
You mentioned the apps in LG just little different, do you mean apps like FB or YouTube on LG has lesser features then the ones on the Android ?
As the matter of fact, the Android TV media player support mini wireless keyboard cum mouse pad via its USB port. I check several online shopping websites, there are various type and selling price from USD50 to USD90.
user posted image

+Quote Post
Adroger
post Jul 21 2012, 02:19 PM

QUOTE(Xstan @ Jul 21 2012, 12:13 AM)
One 8 is the shop L3nnon recommended?

BTW , I suppose no dongle required for Lg LM6200 model lah, Johore. It's quite similar to LM6700 just bezel different. There is many LM series if one do not require smart TV & is way cheaper.

Added on July 21, 2012, 12:17 amBet, Adroger is unpacking & installing his new 47LM6700 TV right now. So pal, tell us what yr opinion & view ya?
Yep, have been busy fixing my new toy and all I can say is that LG has made it a lot easier for all of us. Pic on HD/Blu-ray and Astro Beyond is simply stunning. 3D is amazing as the passive glasses is light and no battery or charging require. I was once contemplating about the glossy screen, however there is not much reflections that really got my attention. It is just as smooth as like watching movie from my MAC. Anyway, it all depends on the lighting around the house.

The only setback is that I was not able to connect my audio from the TV to my old DVD surround system. So for the time being, am only able to utilize the built in speakers. Looks like I will have to buy a separate optical audio cable to link in order to get a better sound effect.

Almost got a 47"LW5700 from Harvey Norman at 3,999 which I personally thought is still a bargain. But this is exceptional reasonable at RM4,650 with the latest sleek design, I totally have no complaints but glued to the TV since morning watching some of my favorite movie. Begin with Real Steel and next on the reel, The Ghost Protocol......

+Quote Post
Xstan
post Jul 21 2012, 06:32 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jul 21 2012, 11:14 AM)
You mentioned the apps in LG just little different, do you mean apps like FB or YouTube on LG has lesser features then the ones on the Android ?
As the matter of fact, the Android TV media player support mini wireless keyboard cum mouse pad via its USB port. I check several online shopping websites, there are various type and selling price from USD50 to USD90.
user posted image
Sure thing the apps is different. LG got their own apps but mainly gear towards movie, MTV etcs. Includes social apps like Facebook. There loads of 3D samples & MTVs. It has it's own games but not as interactive as Google Play of Andriods version. Yes due to limitation on TV, apps on LG is just handful few only.

Added on July 21, 2012, 6:44 pm
QUOTE(Adroger @ Jul 21 2012, 02:19 PM)

The only setback is that I was not able to connect my audio from the TV to my old DVD surround system. So for the time being, am only able to utilize the built in speakers. Looks like I will have to buy a separate optical audio cable to link in order to get a better sound effect.

See if I can help you in this. You can still connect it via normal surround cable from old audio out frm TV I suppose if the audio system hv no optical cable in.

Yeah...I still say LM6700 a better buy then LW5700 series especially the sleek look itself. I can actually sit staring @ the Blank TV as if it's a piece of Arts. BTW , try explore all the features & calibrate it yrself. Both video & audio has lots of tunings preferences. I manage to tune the flesh tone by discovering a flesh color tune. Both mine vid & aud is on Vivid mode but with some preference calibration.
Did u get 2 sets of glasses?

This post has been edited by Xstan: Jul 21 2012, 06:44 PM
+Quote Post
ben3003
post Jul 21 2012, 08:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!

LG 55LM4610 is good? my dad wanted to get 1.. i dont know tis model good or not.. cos internet cannot find, is it the same as 55LM4600? is there any technology difference between tis basic model and other? cos they free 1 lg bp420 bluray player which have LG smart in it..

This post has been edited by ben3003: Jul 21 2012, 08:28 PM
+Quote Post
Adroger
post Jul 21 2012, 11:53 PM

QUOTE(Xstan @ Jul 21 2012, 06:32 PM)
Sure thing the apps is different. LG got their own apps but mainly gear towards movie, MTV etcs. Includes social apps like Facebook. There loads of 3D samples & MTVs. It has it's own games but not as interactive as Google Play of Andriods version. Yes due to limitation on TV, apps on LG is just handful few only.

Added on July 21, 2012, 6:44 pm
See if I can help you in this. You can still connect it via normal surround cable from old audio out frm TV I suppose if the audio system hv no optical cable in.

Yeah...I still say LM6700 a better buy then LW5700 series especially the sleek look itself. I can actually sit staring @ the Blank TV as if it's a piece of Arts. BTW , try explore all the features & calibrate it yrself. Both video & audio has lots of tunings preferences. I manage to tune the flesh tone by discovering a flesh color tune. Both mine vid & aud is on Vivid mode but with some preference calibration.
Did u get 2 sets of glasses?
Yeah, it works well with the Optical Audio Out and I noticed that the sound is so much better than a normal audio stereo jack. No wonder the cable is double the usual jack.

He gave me 2 sets of glasses with a total of 8 pieces all together.

Hey, do u have any idea of how to get astro beyond work in my room. Currently am able to watch via the RCA cable but unable to control the channel from my living room... Any realible transmitter that you can recommend?

+Quote Post
Xstan
post Jul 22 2012, 12:37 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Adroger @ Jul 21 2012, 11:53 PM)
Yeah, it works well with the Optical Audio Out and I noticed that the sound is so much better than a normal audio stereo jack. No wonder the cable is double the usual jack.

He gave me 2 sets of glasses with a total of 8 pieces all together.

Hey, do u have any idea of how to get astro beyond work in my room. Currently am able to watch via the RCA cable but unable to control the channel from my living room... Any realible transmitter that you can recommend?
Like u, I've moved my older Samsung LCD up in room & can't use Beyond unless I subscribe another decoder at 1/2 price. I did use the extend RCA link but can switch channel via some device. Can't recal what device I got many years back but after sometime it didn't work as I did something after that. I still unable to recover frm the connection thus stop watching Astro from my room instead. I watch video much more frequent in my room especially kids stuff. nod.gif

Added on July 22, 2012, 12:49 am
QUOTE(ben3003 @ Jul 21 2012, 08:12 PM)
LG 55LM4610 is good? my dad wanted to get 1.. i dont know tis model good or not.. cos internet cannot find, is it the same as 55LM4600? is there any technology difference between tis basic model and other? cos they free 1 lg bp420 bluray player which have LG smart in it..
I can only say LG has the best 3D concept at the moment. The LM series are mainly for its 3D. I suppose it's similar to LM4600 series, maybe an updated version to LM4610.
Word advice...u can also opt not to get its player & get further discount, minus the player price actually. Becoz this player is likely Cinavia compliance, means u can't play pirated bd. only play original bd. suggest go get Sony S485 old unit which is feature packed 3D player @RM499. Don't go online with it as it may be auto infected.

LG better than other brands of similar model unit is as follows:
1. 3d passive TV
2. A size bigger (an inch bigger)
3. Best color reproduction
4. Affordable & features pack
5. Good looks on certain unit.
6. Brightest tv
7. Widest view angle tv.

But than, there's also hordes of weak.

This post has been edited by Xstan: Jul 22 2012, 12:52 AM
+Quote Post
lingkl
post Jul 22 2012, 03:27 AM

QUOTE(ben3003 @ Jul 21 2012, 08:12 PM)
Hi Ben,
May I know what pricing has been quoted to you : (a) with free bluray player (b) without bluray player if you choose to trade in?
Since you are from Sarawak, I presume the model 4610 may be specially designated for your region/ for particular seller's company.
The one I've come across in Kepong & Damansara is only 4600.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by lingkl: Jul 22 2012, 03:28 AM
+Quote Post
ben3003
post Jul 22 2012, 08:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lingkl @ Jul 22 2012, 03:27 AM)
Hi Ben,
May I know what pricing has been quoted to you : (a) with free bluray player (b) without bluray player if you choose to trade in?
Since you are from Sarawak, I presume the model 4610 may be specially designated for your region/ for particular seller's company.
The one I've  come across in Kepong & Damansara is only 4600.

Thanks.
according to my father, he said it is rm5999 bundle with the blu ray player. I dont know wat other option cos i am at offshore currently, i just managed to call back at he told me he wanted to get a new TV. I saw tat it is a pretty basic 3D TV without alot of features, so i think the blu ray player might able to compensate the loss, anyhow i have a media player at home. I just scare tat the quality is not good, so on so forth. BUt LM should be a 2012 model la.. 4610 is for thailand market i guess, cos u searched the web show thai character.
+Quote Post

90 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0749sec    1.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:19 PM