5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> I need help.

Greenmon
post Jun 25 2012, 03:16 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
55 posts

I am not complaining against a specific forumer, but against a whole game store... I'm not sure if this is where I should post but it is a helpdesk so I figured why not, since I do need advice if there's anything I can do or if I should just treat this as a lost case. If I'm doing this wrong, mods feel free to move/remove this thread...

For the TLDR people, a short version of the story: Playtime Electronics (Bangsar Shopping Centre) is pretty much being indifferent towards my case, bought a PS3 from them, PS3 broke down after 3 months, sent it in for warranty services, absolutely NO contact for almost two years, suddenly they say "PS3 is disposed already lol". Yes, that's pretty much their attitude.

Long story:

So I was surveying the Games subforum for the best PS3 deal around August 2010. It didn't take me long to find a thread with a representative from playtime giving quite a good deal for White, slim 160gb ps3 for RM1130. I immediately made a deal and proceeded to the shop to purchase not long after. At first things were good, but after three months (November) the PS3 decided to die on me for no apparent reason. So I sent it in to the shop again, they said they would send it to Sony Singapore for warranty claim. I asked how long would it take expecting a month at most, and one of the guys simply said they can't really know, there's been a customer who had to wait a year for their PS3 and they have had a mouthful from that customer for taking so long. Having heard that, I decided that I should just wait patiently for it for now. As per usual, they gave a receipt, asked for my number to which I gave two, mine and my mother's just in case.

Skip to almost a year later, some time around June 2011 IIRC, went to the shop again and asked if my PS3's done. They checked it and said no it's not done yet so I was like seriously? 8 months? What could be taking so long? Then I just told myself to just wait a bit more, went off to buy an XBOX at this point since I've got 3 months with nothing to do until September. Come august, I PM'ed playtime's representative here asking about it again, and he said still pending from Sony Singapore... Sony singapore taking their sweet time blablabla.. I still have the PM even now.. He said that once he has any news he'll contact me ASAP.

And skip to almost a year later again, I PM'ed him again March this year, asking the same thing. I even scanned my receipt to present it to them here. He said he'll check with his boss/technician and get back to me later, which he never did. After 3 days, I asked him again what's up? And never got a reply.

Finally last week I went to the shop with the receipt and they're saying "lol this isn't our receipt. but we'll check anyway." apparently because they've changed their receipt design now. They asked me for my number and said they would contact me within 3 days, which they never did again. So I went again yesterday and had to face the news that "lol your ps3 has been disposed". The guy showed me this T&C thing that apparently if they hold a console for more than 6 months they have the right to dispose it since they dont have the space to store it. The thing is, I saw that those T&C things are only applicable after October 2011, if memory serves right, which doesn't apply to me since I sent it in way before. After a short outburst by my mother and I due to their total lack of concern (they were like "there's nothing we can do". "already referred to boss, nothing can do" bla bla bla) I had to leave the shop before I get way too emotional. The worst thing to me was we didn't even get an apology, well we did if you would consider a condescending, sarcastic "maaf ye, jangan marah ye" (which was said as we left the shop) as an apology.

So my question is, at this point, what can I do? I know this shop is rather reputable and many LYNners would vouch for it and this small plea from one person would perhaps have no effect whatsoever on their attitude, but seriously, what am I to do? I pretty much got ripped off of RM1k, it may not seem like a big deal but as a student, that's a pretty huge amount to me... Is there anything I can do or should I just treat this as a lost case and move on?

I've always found it ironic how the customer is always right, but almost always loses...

Edit: Just remembered something, I guess somewhere along the way, or all the way along the way (I'd think it's the latter) someone didn't do their job right as the guy yesterday said they didn't even have my PS3 registered in their database or whatever.

This post has been edited by Greenmon: Jun 26 2012, 03:20 AM
jay777
post Jun 25 2012, 03:27 PM

27 posts

hmm ... you only checked the status after 1 year ? seriously ?

well, if you have the receipt and stuff, log a case with http://www.nccc.org.my/v2/
Greenmon
post Jun 25 2012, 03:38 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

^Trust me, I'm not really much of a patient man, but having heard "it might take a year" from one of the workers himself, I just convinced myself that it would be simply be a futility, much less a waste of time to be persistent and ask them every week or something, to which it really would be considering how they said it was still not done after 8 months. Thanks for the suggestion.
WaCKy-Angel
post Jun 25 2012, 03:45 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(Greenmon @ Jun 25 2012, 03:38 PM)
^Trust me, I'm not really much of a patient man, but having heard "it might take a year" from one of the workers himself, I just convinced myself that it would be simply be a futility, much less a waste of time to be persistent and ask them every week or something, to which it really would be considering how they said it was still not done after 8 months. Thanks for the suggestion.
Why didnt u send directly to Sony??

If i were u, if i cant send to Sony myself, i would call them every month atleast twice to check.
Greenmon
post Jun 25 2012, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Yeah, I guess those were some of the many mistakes I made, I guess I needed to be more persistent... But really, I had to go off to the UK September last year to further my studies and my only option to contact them pretty much was through here, which wasn't really that reliable. I was resting assured that they would contact my mother though if the PS3 was back and safe in their hands.

As for why I didn't send it myself, I didn't want to take the trouble of sending it all the way to sony singapore (as it is a singaporean set) seeing as they said they can do it themselves FOC. Again, it was my mistake too, should've just sent it myself, or should've just bought a Malaysian set.

It's times like this I wish time travel was possible. I jest, I jest.
tg4121988
post Jun 25 2012, 03:54 PM

10 posts

Let me stated my opinion on this case..

If I no mistaken, the terms "if they hold a console for more than 6 months they have the right to dispose it" only applied to console that they are repair and return ady but tat owner did not pick up it from the store.. for more than 6 months. But in your case as I read its u got come back to ask them and they say not ready yet tats why they not returned to u.. .

Anyway, if they using tat term and conditions, pls ask them to check their records where is proof that they dispoed your PSP... can't simply say "oh sorry dispose liao" then no nd responsible... even if they disposed any console, sure hv the records of it been disposed.. to protect themselv legally.. might worth to check this out if can..

At the end of the day i think best solution is report to NCCC via tat website link given by the other forumer. If the shop continue not corperate

seyuripa
post Jun 25 2012, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(tg4121988 @ Jun 25 2012, 03:54 PM)
Let me stated my opinion on this case..

If I no mistaken, the terms "if they hold a console for more than 6 months they have the right to dispose it" only applied to console that they are repair and return ady but tat owner did not pick up it from the store.. for more than 6 months. But in your case as I read its u got come back to ask them and they say not ready yet tats why they not returned to u.. .

Anyway, if they using tat term and conditions, pls ask them to check their records where is proof that they dispoed your PSP... can't simply say "oh sorry dispose liao" then no nd responsible... even if they disposed any console, sure hv the records of it been disposed.. to protect themselv legally.. might worth to check this out if can..

At the end of the day i think best solution is report to NCCC via tat website link given by the other forumer. If the shop continue not corperate
I agree on the highlighted statements. By right,that terms supposed to be used on those items/consoles that were repaired or were not repaired but already informed to the customer and they(the customer) didn't give a reply for more than 6 months. Replying you with "PS3 is disposed already lol" after you waited so long is unacceptable.
SUSnordingh
post Jun 25 2012, 09:37 PM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

dispose or sell it out to others? hmm.gif
SUSbudakdegilz
post Jun 25 2012, 10:30 PM

Regular
1,138 posts

QUOTE(Greenmon @ Jun 25 2012, 03:38 PM)
wowwww...
it's my first time heard that warranty claim take 1 year ohmy.gif
have you PM the shop "representative" regarding your topic here???
and better yet...
put the company detail here so in the future people will aware of how unethical this shop handle warranty...

p/s:
i always wonder when any product such as mobile phone or game console that the shop sold claim to be SG set...
did they truly send it to authorise company in singapore???
or they just fix it "in house" ??? hmm.gif

Apis_LuaLua
post Jun 26 2012, 12:01 AM

@ Top Club in Inguland @
Group Icon
Staff
4,465 posts

QUOTE(jay777 @ Jun 25 2012, 03:27 PM)
hmm ... you only checked the status after 1 year ? seriously ?

well, if you have the receipt and stuff, log a case with http://www.nccc.org.my/v2/
+1

Dont let them go. Fight for it man.
kembar4
post Jun 26 2012, 01:06 AM

*LYN's Premier Tablet Seller*
548 posts

What nonsense!

Since when does a warranty take up to 1 year? Even for 1 month people are already complaining, whereas this is for a year.

If warranty is going to take 1 year, why would a company issue a year warranty with the product then? doh.gif

This is clearly a scam case. Report to the tribunal of consumers and make a police report against them.

They did this to you, there is no telling how many more they have / will dupe.

vmad.gif
Greenmon
post Jun 26 2012, 03:16 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

Thanks for all the replies and positive feedbacks, I didn't expect too much support honestly 'cause I know a lot of people like this store and whoever manages it, judging from some older threads where a lot of people seem to vouch for this guy when there was some sort of misunderstanding I didn't look too deep into.

Anyway, as one of you suggested, I'll refer the "representative" to this thread and see if something can be done. If not, I'll do what most of you suggested and log a case in hopes that something can actually be done.
imranzero
post Jun 26 2012, 06:19 AM

Getting Started
238 posts

complaint bro, complaint..tribunal or anything.
mkasam01
post Jun 26 2012, 12:33 PM

0 posts

What.............
send a repair for one year
and simply dispose
playtime is a huge game shop, now we can call playtingtong
p/s:tim wong please respond sweat.gif

happy_shopper
post Jun 26 2012, 12:53 PM

7 posts

Juz fyi my frd claimed warranty fr sony sg before.

1 day post to johor supplier>johor supplier go to sg when he is free/need restock(1-2 weeks)>wait ard 1 mth>return to johor supplier>1 day pos back

Total takes 1-3 mths max only.
Total fee involve: rm20 to pos, rm50 runner fee, rm20 pos back: total rm100+-
In my opinion paid service is better (n is a more common term among all shops)
pearlene
post Jun 26 2012, 08:05 PM

2 posts

To be honest.. For my opinion , is been two years ago and like I believe does have terms n condition for how long for the unit is ready to be pick up from the shop. Simple question , do you remember what does actually happen one to two years back? I do believe in customer rights. But still as mention above , after one to two years you bring this up to claim from the shop. It sounds pretty ridiculous for me, no one actually knows if anyone or someone does pick the machine from them . Even if you repair a handphone or whatever electrical appliance today , I believe after one month of repair if the customer doesn't pick it up. They will not responsible for any of that as well. anyone agree with me?
XzuLLX
post Jun 26 2012, 08:36 PM

$$$$$$
517 posts

QUOTE(pearlene @ Jun 26 2012, 08:05 PM)
To be honest.. For my opinion , is been two years ago and like I believe does have terms n condition for how long for the unit is ready to be pick up from the shop.  Simple question , do you remember what does actually happen one to two years back? I do believe in customer rights. But still as mention above , after one to two years you bring this up to claim from the shop. It sounds pretty ridiculous for me,  no one actually knows if anyone or someone does pick the machine from them .  Even if you repair a handphone or whatever electrical appliance today , I believe after one month of repair if the customer doesn't pick it up. They will not responsible for any of that as well.  anyone agree with me?
no.
customer left phone number. after repair was done should call the customer.
pearlene
post Jun 26 2012, 08:53 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(XzuLLX @ Jun 26 2012, 08:36 PM)
no.
customer left phone number. after repair was done should call the customer.
sweat.gif do u even read the what ts post up there my friend. Ts went overseas , doh.gif are you trolling me here? Lol

chaukeng
post Jun 26 2012, 11:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,295 posts

you shud post the selling thread here and inform the sellers to come here and clarify things.

they may not be scamming on you but this is zero responsibility and ridiculous attitude.
Greenmon
post Jun 27 2012, 04:13 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

^Yeah, to be completely honest it's not really a scam, just really bad service IMHO.

QUOTE(happy_shopper @ Jun 26 2012, 12:53 PM)
Juz fyi my frd claimed warranty fr sony sg before.

1 day post to johor supplier>johor supplier go to sg when he is free/need restock(1-2 weeks)>wait ard 1 mth>return to johor supplier>1 day pos back

Total takes 1-3 mths max only.
Total fee involve: rm20 to pos, rm50 runner fee, rm20 pos back: total rm100+-
In my opinion paid service is better (n is a more common term among all shops)
That's what I figured, Sony is a huge multinational company, their customer service can't be THAT bad now can it? Moreover, it's Singaporean, I've pretty much only heard good things about singaporean service, much like the western parts, reliable and responsible.

QUOTE(pearlene @ Jun 26 2012, 08:53 PM)
sweat.gif  do u even read the what ts post up there my friend.  Ts went overseas ,  doh.gif are you trolling me here?  Lol
He's not trolling you dear, nor is anyone else here. It wasn't really emphasised but I did say that I had hoped that they would contact my mother for when I went overseas, as for things like this I always, always give at least two phone numbers, mine and either of my parents (usually my mother) just in case, considering that I usually stay up nights and sleep through the day and never really pick up morning calls. And trust me, they never really did attempt to make calls with either of us throughout these two years.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:16 AM